Frontline Mode + Micropatch Tonight

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

AbleArcher11B #161 Posted May 22 2018 - 18:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20317 battles

I hope Frontline is here to stay and is expanded on. I would like to see WG seek feedback after the event in order to make a great idea even better. As of now, here are a few of my thoughts:

1.  In one game, an enemy player figured out how to get behind the spawning point and damage incoming players before they can get their first round loaded. It's great that daring players can find seams in the attack to get to the rear to seek out artillery and flank, but that was too easy for him to sit back and shoot defenseless players.

2.  Zone C, in my opinion, is the most challenging area to cap. Because of this, players who spawn in there make a bee line to Zone B leaving the zone undermanned and even harder to win. Perhaps a time limit before moving to another Zone should be added.

3. Smoke is a very useful tool for players who are capping and defenders who are retreating after losing the cap. Perhaps medium and light tanks should have two reserves so that they could lay their own smoke (many tanks are able to lay their own smokescreen) and/or add smoke rounds to spgs so they can support better in these situations.

That's it for now. Keep up the good work!

Chip61 #162 Posted May 24 2018 - 01:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40489 battles
  • [DNUTZ] DNUTZ
I love playing Frontline! I've reached Tier 3 for the fourth time to reach tier 30 and get the 1K bonds. Unless a miracle happens, that's as far as I'll get due to low fps (10-15) and repeated game crashes since Saturday. Yes, I've submitted a ticket and so far all of the conversation is now 19 pages long in a word document. I'm hoping that support can solve the problem.

MitchellTyner #163 Posted May 25 2018 - 01:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5325 battles
why is frontlines at tier 8 not a permanent thing now?  Really?  it allows a tier that is always bottom tier now to actually be in a game that they matter in.   I think it's a good thing, so lets keep it permanent.  

raggstukov #164 Posted May 25 2018 - 15:05

Private

• Players
  • 22276 battles
Great mode !! please dont remove it, i think it's great.

For people that don't read a lot put a tutorial or warning when they want to use more than 2 tanks because they cry about the economy of the mod, i read about the rules and now i am making 20 - 50k credits per game and i am having fun.!

That´s all

Tank_You_All #165 Posted May 28 2018 - 20:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33342 battles
  • [-23-] -23-

I have enjoyed playing the Front Line Mode.  Like most, I have reached the highest level and so have stopped playing.  It would be great to see this sort of map pop up in random combat at times, with the 30x30 format and the ability to use what you have in the tier.  For me this would be a real hoot playing it on tiers 5 and 6, lots of fun choices as to tanks.

It also would have been nice for the link that lead me to this discussion to have been on the home page several times.  Yes, I read about it prior to the start and played from day one.  It would have been nice to see it on the home page several times during the time frame.  Several people missed the notice and got into it late.

As an additional idea, given that arty is so popular, the Mix Master for this should issue a 30x30 arty battle from time to time.  Arty, noting but arty and let the chips fall. 

Tank_You_All #166 Posted May 28 2018 - 20:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33342 battles
  • [-23-] -23-
There is also a fun thing that could be done with the Front Line setup.  Since the attacker is coming from a sea landing, you could tie it into world of warships and have a real donnybrook.

Sarcon7 #167 Posted May 30 2018 - 22:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 32387 battles
I loved this mode when it launched but in the last week or so, the teams are getting worst instead of improving with the learning curve.  I have been reviewing the team members and notice the amount of very low statistics from the bottom half of the team.  This is obviously a bot issue as we have in the standard queue.  I am not sure how to avoid bots in this mode but playing games when only one side is filled up with such lousy players is making the experience in this mode going down the drain.  I wanted to hear from others to see if it is just me who is noticing the downfall of the mode.

Edited by Sarcon7, May 30 2018 - 22:29.

GerryR6 #168 Posted May 31 2018 - 00:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7472 battles
So QB said Frontline is good for XP. So I have it a try, seems true. But, the only reason I play Frontline is for XP, not for fun. Sure, it beats playing tier 8 in random, but how hard is that? Tier 8 in random is awful. Not only is MM messed up, but tier 9 tanks are 10x better than tier 8. It is ridiculous. It is time to kill +2 MM, for gawds sakes. I am sure everyone would prefer same tier, or maybe +1. Nobody wants +2.

lukzomg1 #169 Posted May 31 2018 - 10:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 42030 battles
Randoms absolutely suck comparing to frontline imo.  It needs to be a permanent mode, pls WG.

Bytr #170 Posted May 31 2018 - 14:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12320 battles

I've been having a lot of fun playing FL and haven't played many random battles since FL started (mostly by mistake). But now enough time has gone by so players have figured out where to go and what to do so things have started to become a little static - which has always been the thing I liked the least about random battles - everyone knows every little nook, cranny, and sight line.  

I hope there is another season of FL after this one but with a different map, just to keep things fresh and fun like this go-round.  and maybe get some sort of rotation going with FL and some other game mode (4 teams of 10 tanks with 4 quadrants to defend attack?).

FL has been fun.

gyarados93 #171 Posted May 31 2018 - 18:35

Private

• -Players-
  • 3169 battles
  • [P1GZ] P1GZ
Does anyone know why today 5/31/18 Frontline is only available from 19:00-23:00 EST? There isn't anything on the website, event calendar, nor in game explaining why. This is so frustrating that they limit the game play like this with no explication, especially when I set aside time in my day to play this and get the last push to rank 30 for the fourth time. This is my last chance to get there before I work all weekend. Wargamming really screwed me... surprise surprise.

Edited by gyarados93, May 31 2018 - 18:35.

Genarelbetrayus #172 Posted May 31 2018 - 22:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18479 battles
  • [_PD_] _PD_
Frontline is the most balanced thing you have done. Really hope there is some plan to keep this mode other than the lag which can be fixed it's a great mode to grind tanks and a great way to make credits as long as your not spamming gold and using prem consumables.  If you don't keep the mode I would suggest to anyone to just leave and play a different game.  Also keeping it makes your getting rid of pref mm not near as bad because then I can at least play them in FL mode.  :coin:

krewllkplr #173 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 18:09

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 26350 battles
  • [FLASH] FLASH
will another start soon, i enjoyed the hell out of frontline being killed by my own tier was refreshing

t42592 #174 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 18:04

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 20369 battles

View PostSgt_Cates, on May 10 2018 - 05:25, said:

I'm not sure, but it sounds as though you think anyone that doesn't brawl is losing the game for their team..? To that point I have to disagree. I play my Swedish Pancake (I love that term!) and I camp like a fiend, Defense or Assault. But I don't stay there; I move as needed. I hit the brawlers from the side and make them disengage. I keep them from getting around the castle to reset the cap. In combat, one sniper can pin down an entire company of infantry for an hour or more with no problem. This CAN work in WoT also if done correctly. But I get really tired of people in-game insisting that I should be on the front line in my Swede; That's just dumb...

What I love most about this mode is that I can use my TD's the way they are designed to be used; long range support of multiple approaches, and maneuvering to force/draw the enemy to take specific routes into kill-zones. I shoot past a bunch of my team that's camping to hit a HT and let him see me so all the MTs around him charge me, right into my team.

Those are good points.  The suggestion is about BRIEFING the new players during the pre-match making, remember the "Suggestion" boxes.

Your points also bring to light the strategy and tactical nature of the map, where if one side gains the advantage, the spawn location moves accordingly.  The one problem with CAMPING ASSAULT on A, B, or C, is if the assault team is pushed into the spawn zone, the defenders have clear shots on most SPAWN LOCATIONS.  This is not conducive for this mode.  Having been on a team with no idea how to win, being destroyed in SPAWN was UGGHH - OMG - WARGAMING - WTH - WHAT WERE YOU THINKING - ETC ETC ETC....

No, I stand by the points I made, and agree with yours.  The mode is fun, it needs to be tweaked to be MORE fun.

t42592 #175 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 18:11

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 20369 battles

View PostAbleArcher11B, on May 22 2018 - 09:46, said:

I hope Frontline is here to stay and is expanded on. I would like to see WG seek feedback after the event in order to make a great idea even better. As of now, here are a few of my thoughts:

1.  In one game, an enemy player figured out how to get behind the spawning point and damage incoming players before they can get their first round loaded. It's great that daring players can find seams in the attack to get to the rear to seek out artillery and flank, but that was too easy for him to sit back and shoot defenseless players.

2.  Zone C, in my opinion, is the most challenging area to cap. Because of this, players who spawn in there make a bee line to Zone B leaving the zone undermanned and even harder to win. Perhaps a time limit before moving to another Zone should be added.

3. Smoke is a very useful tool for players who are capping and defenders who are retreating after losing the cap. Perhaps medium and light tanks should have two reserves so that they could lay their own smoke (many tanks are able to lay their own smokescreen) and/or add smoke rounds to spgs so they can support better in these situations.

That's it for now. Keep up the good work!

C column has a bug with river approach (Southbound) where several mediums pushed past the spawn limit, got in behind spawning assaulter and you know the rest... HACKS, HACKS HACKS.  I have done this myself, run the spawn line, risk the attack from spawn destroyer, and taken damage while still able to come around that horn and resume the game.

Smoke becomes invaluable the moment it is ready, giving the player putting it down bonuses - ONLY IF YOUR TEAM FIRES THROUGH IT.  Let me be clear about this, I noticed i only got experience putting down smoke when my team fired into it, through it, or out of it, hitting another enemy tank.

Good points, good post. 

Riverdog56 #176 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 00:34

Private

• Players
  • 16942 battles
  • [DPUSA] DPUSA
Finally had something that got my clan interested in WoT, (most left after you ruined the Artillery) again, and you up make it temporary. Pity, they are peeved you took it away. They won't be back.

Edited by Riverdog56, Jun 06 2018 - 00:35.

Nostrovia #177 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 20:55

Private

• -Players-
  • 5305 battles
  • [TC-12] TC-12

Looked forward to playing "Frontline Mode" after I got home from my trip.

Alas you took it away.

Please bring back "Frontline" it was more fun than playing any of your other modes.

SirDutyBiggins #178 Posted Jun 13 2018 - 01:22

Private

• -Players-
  • 873 battles
So question on the T32 FL and the T-44 FL tanks left behind from frontline. I can not use them and nor can i sell them so what can they be used for if the game mode is gone. Does anyone have insight to this or are we on stand by? It would be nice if they just left them there in my garage and "unlocked" them to be used in any mode but i doubt that.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users