Frontline Mode + Micropatch Tonight

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

GunnerWanted #41 Posted May 08 2018 - 04:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 45218 battles

One thing that really sucks though ..... if you get disconnected during a battle and you log back in you get stuck in the load screen .... the game starts back up but only the load screen is displayed .... I can hear the tank move when I press 'w','a','s','d' .... bunt I cant see the map or my tank :/

Windyozer #42 Posted May 08 2018 - 04:20

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2087 battles
  • [1MIND] 1MIND

Also if you get disconnected, you get no credits and only a large bill... 1 disconnect cost me 40 grand, unacceptable.

Tequila_and_Poor_Choices #43 Posted May 08 2018 - 04:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18654 battles
  • [_-W-_] _-W-_
I've made credits every game grinding regular tanks if your shelling out loads of credits your playing too many tanks or spamming that 2 key just like regular matches 

Windyozer #44 Posted May 08 2018 - 05:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2087 battles
  • [1MIND] 1MIND
^^ Wrong ^^ even with premium tanks it's a struggle unless you enjoy losing.

GeorgePreddy #45 Posted May 08 2018 - 05:18

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View PostWindyozer, on May 07 2018 - 23:33, said:

Yes moogle, lol. what a stupid question. I'm only using the 2 tanks provided and no high priced ammo... overall it's a struggle to even break even in this mode.

Please explain how it is possible to use only 2 tanks, both of them premiums, use no prem ammo and lose credits.

Where are the credits going ??

Monarchco #46 Posted May 08 2018 - 05:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9980 battles

Frontline really favors the defending team over the attacking team. I've won exponentially more defending games over attacking games, even though I tend to get more damage, and xp when attacking.

ALSO!!!! When in a normal match, and aiming at a tank, and then the tank disappears, normally the aiming circle would drop to behind the mountain while my aimpoint remains the same.

HOWEVER, in frontline, when attacking, and aiming at a defending tank, and then the tank disappears, the aiming circle JUMPS UP on the mountain behind the map, instead of going down like it should. This in turn, has the shell fly WAY TOO HIGH in order to hit the now invisible tank.

View PostDands, on May 07 2018 - 21:16, said:

So this is a War Thunder copy?

War Thunder has nothing like this.

View PostGeorgePreddy, on May 07 2018 - 21:18, said:

Please explain how it is possible to use only 2 tanks, both of them premiums, use no prem ammo and lose credits.

Where are the credits going ??

lol, ikr? My first match was using my Somua and Lorraine, and using nothing but premium ammo(I forgot I swapped premium to my 1 key during the crappy matchmaking with 80-90% being tier 10), and had premium consumables on top of that and still made like 70k credits.

btw, I actually haven't used premium ammo since.

If you actually need premium ammo in an all tier 8s match up, You need to learn to play and not use it as a crutch. Otherwise when it gets rebalanced you're going to be helpless.

Edited by Monarchco, May 08 2018 - 05:45.

Monarchco #47 Posted May 08 2018 - 05:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9980 battles

View PostGunnerWanted, on May 07 2018 - 19:26, said:

I LOVE IT !!!!!

No need to worry about ALWAYS being bottom tier in this battle mode ..... my only regret is that it isn't permanent.

Really good fun too.

Now playing this mode...

I think I'm only going to play WoT when this mode is live. I'm just going to abandon the game otherwise.

Alternatively, I'll only play tier 9/10 in randoms, and then tier 8s with this(obviously), and any new tanks I want I'm just going to free-xp straight to tier 8.

View PostCorvette_Dude, on May 07 2018 - 13:15, said:

I can only select from a subset of my tier 8s and i don't want these tanks for frontline.  Is there a way to pre-select tanks or is this a bug?   

You can select any tier 8 *that has a crew currently in it* otherwise it's a bug.

View PostButane9000, on May 07 2018 - 15:02, said:

Okay so I like the new mode but a few things:

Trial tanks - Not sure if the T-32 was a good choice. Possibly another heavy like the IS-3 would've been a better choice. Also having a 3rd tank would be good. 2 is kind of limited given the tank "repair" time in match.

Attacking - It's currently too difficult to attack. Capture times need to be drastically shortened. Also defending tanks shouldn't be able to progress back south. This puts more pressure on them not to lose capture zones by limiting their play area. The final objectives have too much health. It took 6 tanks to bring down one from the rear while being destroyed by the defenders. Was the health pool even changed from the tier 10 version?

Defending - Too easy. Following the above note in attacking limiting their play area would put pressure on them. It'd also inadvertently make defending the final objectives easier by clustering the remaining defenders in the final area. 

progressing in rank - needs to account for spotting and assist damage. Appears only to account for direct damage creating disincentives to play light tanks.

economy - currently the only way to stay afloat is to simply play premium tanks. The economy NEEDs to be adjusted if this game mode ever wants to return. The economy is part of what killed the rampage mode which when I got to play was fun.

Progressing in rank is based off base-exp. If it contributes to base xp, it contributes to rank. This means spotting, tracking, stunning, etc. I think even damage blocked contributes to base xp now, since I once progressed up a rank right when I was shot, and not when I shot that guy.

View PostLostMyMarbles, on May 07 2018 - 14:41, said:

This feels like Rubicon all over again  or worse a rubicon/ Ranked Battle combo  if you only play premium tanks you can make money  regular tanks you will lose so much its not funny

lol r u serious? No matter what you're saying(its hard to tell) you're delusional

If you're saying premiums make money and regular tanks don't.... My T28 Prototype makes credits fine.

If you're saying you play premiums to make money, and normal tanks to win.... My Somua SM disagrees with you.

If you're saying normal tanks aren't competitive enough to win... My T28 Prototype with enough armor to bounce most tier 8s(its basically a mutant. good front armor, bad side armor), and 3000dpm in its current configuration with 248mm AP pen disagrees with you.

Edited by Monarchco, May 08 2018 - 05:41.

slackware1995 #48 Posted May 08 2018 - 06:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 52228 battles
  • [SHAQ] SHAQ
Nice a MICRO patch that is supposed to allow platooning in the new Front Lines, somehow makes it so I can't log into the game while using mods.

WG, what else did you change that you aren't telling us?

golruul #49 Posted May 08 2018 - 06:34

Captain

• Players
  • 21097 battles

Tried out new mode for a couple hours and it turned out to be excellent.  After about an hour random battles usually wears me out and I stop playing.  However, I put in a good 2+ hours here and really enjoyed it.  Surprising!

I fear 5 person platoons is going to kill the mode, especially if those 5 people all go on the same flank.  5 coordinated good players (+ 5 random allies) vs 10 randoms?  That's going to be a slaughter.  We'll see though.

As for economy, I'm making loads of credits.  With a 50% credit boost and playing tier 8 premiums (+ premium account), I'm grossing 300-500k a game.  I usually play 1-2 tanks per match, rarely fire premium rounds, and use three premium consumables.

SykoRipper #50 Posted May 08 2018 - 07:18

Private

• Players
  • 4017 battles

I'm lvl 15 I love it fix the damn platoons

Windyozer #51 Posted May 08 2018 - 07:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2087 battles
  • [1MIND] 1MIND

Not sure how some players are making tons while other are struggling... so far it looks like the rental tanks don't earn as much because so far all the players that say they can earn money in FL are NOT using the FL tanks.

Edited by Windyozer, May 08 2018 - 07:47.

fred_632 #52 Posted May 08 2018 - 08:38

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5895 battles
It's a dumb Idea to let it run on LATAM also, a lot of people from other countries can't play on LATAM because of the high ping compared to USC. Keep it on USC and that's it 

CandyMan14 #53 Posted May 08 2018 - 08:55

Private

• -Players-
  • 12343 battles
At the end of the battle, what tank gets the experience? is it split between them?

StormyD #54 Posted May 08 2018 - 10:06

Private

• -Players-
  • 23359 battles

Tad upset logging in to see I literally can't play the game mode because my playtime isn't during prime time. :(

Doubt I'll be getting any prestige rewards, just another game mode to miss out on.

rangerfrank #55 Posted May 08 2018 - 12:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26360 battles
  • [-VETS] -VETS

I really liked it.  Played only twice so far.  First time in T26E5 (stayed alive the whole time!), didn't fire any premium rounds and made 167k with only 7k-ish dmg.  second game used T26E5 and Primo Victoria, used gold rounds/regular and made 56k after paying the bill.  

IT was something different, it was fun, and I got some reward cash/items at the end.  No issues here.  Don't care that they're not giving me a free OP tank or something at the end.

banziduck #56 Posted May 08 2018 - 13:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 18870 battles
  • [XFOGX] XFOGX

I played for 3 hours last night and loved it.  Level playing field for all players tier wise, large maps, simple game decisions you are attacking or you are defending not just a free for all.  Saw a little FPS drop but not to much and I am sure it will get worked out.  Will be interesting if platoons change anything in the game play because some will farm damage just because they can.  Lets face it the design of the mode is farming damage and keeping the game going by taking bases or objectives.  Platoons could be the one thing that kills this mode, but for now it was real fun.

Nice Job WG.

GunnerWanted #57 Posted May 08 2018 - 13:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 45218 battles

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on May 07 2018 - 18:29, said:

Tier8 T32 FL and T-44 FL

Are these temp rentals?

Or do we get to keep em?

Thanks.

no .... those tanks are only there so all players have the opportunity to play Frontline .... once the event is over so are the tanks

Sgt_Cates #58 Posted May 08 2018 - 14:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10936 battles
  • [N-W-T] N-W-T

Are the spotting mechanics different? I feel like I'm getting spotted when I should have been very well hidden. I'm a sniper and I'm usually pretty good about using cover so I don't get spotted. 

I've noticed it CAN be expensive to play this mode in Prem or normal tanks but i can also make money in either. Personally, I would be willing to pay the extra credits just to keep this mode. I'm really tired of getting blind-shot just because I picked a popular bush. I feel like this map is large enough that that doesn't happen.

Please, please, please, keep this mode. (and I love the level playing field of it being all T8)

Keep it up WG!!!

GunnerWanted #59 Posted May 08 2018 - 14:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 45218 battles

View Postbooeman, on May 07 2018 - 19:18, said:

I played a round earlier and and in forward motion ("J" ) because I'm left handed I get timed out in 15 seconds if I don't release the "J" . Am I missing something?

If you took the time to read the article about FL on wot you would have seen that 'J' is a self destruct button in case you get stuck, flip onto your side or need to change flanks (BIG map)

Chakat_Astarot #60 Posted May 08 2018 - 14:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 6884 battles
  • [FURST] FURST
And here I was hoping that we would get new game modes that encoumpass the higher teir tanks, thus allowing them to make credits. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users