1.0.1 frontline feedback

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

bubbabookworm48 #161 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 00:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 41415 battles
  • [G-M-U] G-M-U

Yes It was great. maybe in future have 3 frontlines a tier 8 only, a tier 9 only and a tier 10 only

CyberiusNova #162 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 00:56

Private

• Players
  • 6802 battles

I just wanted to say that Frontline Mode is quite literally the only reason why I came back to World of Tanks.

I'm not here to talk [edited], I just wanted to let it be known that this game mode brought back some players who got bored of the typical single lane maps. 

CyberiusNova #163 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 00:57

Private

• Players
  • 6802 battles
Having one tier across the board was probably the greatest selling point for the Frontline Mode. never change it

Sbr2th #164 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 01:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5915 battles
Frontline was great, It was why I came back like most others. The tier VIII only was super, you don't mind a little over powered VIII in matches but tanks 2 tiers above you in a match is like go drown somewhere and get it over with..The MM for randoms is just ridiculous tier VIII against a tier X is no contest at all. Matchmaking for randoms should all be the same tier. You made everyone like the even tiers so much you're in trouble now to fix it finally.

Zulu_8 #165 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 02:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 31085 battles
  • [22CAL] 22CAL
Well done WOT! Some form of this mode should be incorporated into WOT for year round play. This was really inspired. Arty/Air/Smoke were the best. TNX, Zulu 8

TheBriarRabbit #166 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 02:19

Private

• -Players-
  • 22949 battles
  • [ASSA] ASSA
Frontline was fantastic.  Best thing in WOT for a long time.  Please, feel free to add it as a permanent game mode.  Thanks!  

Big_Slick #167 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 03:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 42374 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

Cost too much silver to play regularly.  

Also hated how when a zone was lost slow defenders would get nailed by air strikes.  Otherwise they had to retreat with their back ends showing to enemy fire.

Spinnerm #168 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 06:07

Private

• -Players-
  • 12001 battles
  • [_SR_] _SR_

This by far is one of the best parts of WOT ever. Fantastic job on this. Please modify and bring it back permanently for not only level 8's but others as well.

PROS: Mostly compared to Random games
1.> You dont have to play against tanks 2 levels above you and even though the Match Making in random games is better than it has been originally, it is still CRAP.

a.> At 2 levels below you are most likely much more of a beginner tanker and you dont stand a chance versus the top tier tanks. If you are in this instance, you start to feel like this is no fun at all.

b.> Platooning, wow what a riot it is to always be 2 levels below the opposing tanks, not fair at all. Makes people not want to play together. One of the better ways to get more new comers to WOT to play is to platoon wit them and when you do it in a random game you get wiped so easily as you are up against 2 tier higher tanks most 90% or more of the time. Why would anyone who is new to the game want to continue like that. Also why would anyone who has played this game on a regular basis want not be able to pen your opponent most of the time (See a above)

2.> The maps were different enough offense and defense, and huge enough to keep me playing and enjoying them the entire time.
3.> As players got used to the mode much better strategies were employed on offense and defense and it made many different tanks more fun to play

4.> Goals of getting to General were realistic and the better that you played the more often you were close if not able to get the general ranks.
5.> Made all those purchases of the tier 8 tanks much more worth while, fun was had in most any of them.

a.> Random Games have been getting more and more 90% 3/5/7 where if you were using a tier 8 premium tank you got spanked around by the tier 10's most of which you could not even come close to penning without using gold rounds all of the time. I dont mind using them sparingly but 90% of the time you have to use them 90% of the time. Makes it not worth playing.

6.> The rewards were very good especially due to the amount of time in the game mode.
7.> I virtually had no life outside of WOT front line from  the day it started till its ending
8.> The new abilities were a lot of fun.

CONS:
1.> I virtually had no life outside of WOT front line from  the day it started till its ending and my wife said so. :)
2.> Camping spawn points was crazy, many camped zone C entrance killing people as they spawned into the game. This needs to be fixed.
3.> Even though the new abilities were fun there should not be an artillery ability if there are also artillery in the game. Or at least make the amount of damage much less for the ability artillery, the real thing should  do more damage.
4.> Artillery should NOT be allowed to camp in the restricted zone, the beginning of the zone needs to be expanded so that arties have to worry about the random light tank coming to take them away he he ha ha 

Just a quick ranking:
Front Line:  (A+++) - Extreme fun, many ways you could stand up to the rest off the tanks on the battlefield
Random Battles 3/5/7 - (F)  Better than it was but still extremely lacking. Used to be (F-) Makes people quit the game, not worth playing anymore versus tier 10's
Random Battles 5/5 - (C+)  Much better than 3/5/7 but still very lacking
Random Battles Same Tier - (B)  Way better than 3/5/7 but the diversity is lacking in the same maps over and over and over and over and over again and the overall fun of front line just drowns this out

Additions:
New maps for Front line and levels available for other tank tiers!!!!  If you have this mode permanently I will never play random games again!!

Capt_Buss #169 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 04:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23992 battles
  • [_AKA_] _AKA_
Frontline was a great game mode.  I was excited to have something not like randoms, or clan wars on the same old maps. The game play made it fun even when you lost. The perks you earned each level plus the the extra XP and bonuses were great. I wish it had remained. Any bugs could of been worked out through patches.  Please bring it back soon.

trapsuutjies #170 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 13:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20776 battles
  • [BOSS-] BOSS-

View PostCorvette_Dude, on May 07 2018 - 22:19, said:

I can't select all of my tier 8s in this mode.  It limits me to 5 or so?  Is this a bug or do i need to preselect tanks?  Or is this a bug with the aslain modpack for which i am using the latest one.  Please help!

Sorry I only saw your post now. The mods didn't work with this mode, for crew selection - so if your vehicle is not available, go back to Random Battle mode, select your tank, and make sure you have a full crew. If not, it won't be available.

I know the mode is over, but I also suspect we'll see it again soon...

__orangesquirrel__ #171 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 02:25

Private

• -Players-
  • 16472 battles

++ same tier tank battles on a battlefield large enough to employ varied tactics and exploit tank strengths for their specific design roles.  I truly hope that this is preview of a new chapter for the franchise.  Just cant take the standard slog anymore, tiny maps, OP power creep, messed up MM, etc.  

A few weeks of Frontline rekindled my interest, but I cant go back to the grind.  I'll await updates on a future Frontline mode...

Pistoff_Drunk #172 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 04:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24784 battles
  • [EV1L] EV1L
Please Bring back Frontline! this game literally sucks now, i used to play all night long before frontline, then i got used to playing that and seen how AWESOME this game could be. i did rather well in frontline, and loved all the extras, and the payouts after. it was a great experience. now that its locked, and we got to go back to the pubs...i can barely play an hour before im just done, i cant do it anymore, its boring, its nothing but trash talk and folks who just want to rush one side every game. it had gotten to the point where i literally couldnt play this game sober anymore prior to frontline, thus my name, now after frontline i cant play at all. its like driving your wives minivan to work everyday, you just do it and accept, then one day your friend lets you drive his new camaro, and you fall in love,but then you have to get back in the minivan monday morning, it literally kills your soul. thats where im at right now. i cant get drunk enough to put up with this game anymore and it sucks cause ive been playing since 2011. but i think ive finally reached my breaking point.  ive got at least $2k invested in this game over the years, and its been the main reason i havent quit before, but if frontline doesnt come back or some serious changes are made... screw this game.

Tahllol #173 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 04:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10604 battles
Bring it back permanently since you refuse to balance the tier 8's to tier 10 power gap or fix the broken MM system. 

Edited by Tahllol, Jun 12 2018 - 04:10.

AtreidesN7 #174 Posted Jul 02 2018 - 02:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 832 battles

View PostCyberiusNova, on Jun 06 2018 - 00:56, said:

I just wanted to say that Frontline Mode is quite literally the only reason why I came back to World of Tanks.

I'm not here to talk [edited], I just wanted to let it be known that this game mode brought back some players who got bored of the typical single lane maps. 

This...

A month or so ago, I heard of the new engine and higher quality graphics, so I figured I'd download it again and try it out.

I was hooked (dammit) and when I played Frontline, I truly enjoyed the game.

Frontline seems to be a major success for WoT and should be brought back immediately, hell, it was the main reason I bought a T8 premium, just to play it!

Bring it back to capitalize on its popularity which can only lead to come back players as well as new players.

Best thing WoT has done since update 1.0!

Edited by AtreidesN7, Jul 02 2018 - 02:05.

DrFr #175 Posted Jul 02 2018 - 04:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 17295 battles
  • [-T-] -T-

View PostPistoff_Drunk, on Jun 10 2018 - 03:44, said:

Please Bring back Frontline! this game literally sucks now, i used to play all night long before frontline, then i got used to playing that and seen how AWESOME this game could be. i did rather well in frontline, and loved all the extras, and the payouts after. it was a great experience. now that its locked, and we got to go back to the pubs...i can barely play an hour before im just done, i cant do it anymore, its boring, its nothing but trash talk and folks who just want to rush one side every game. it had gotten to the point where i literally couldnt play this game sober anymore prior to frontline, thus my name, now after frontline i cant play at all. its like driving your wives minivan to work everyday, you just do it and accept, then one day your friend lets you drive his new camaro, and you fall in love,but then you have to get back in the minivan monday morning, it literally kills your soul. thats where im at right now. i cant get drunk enough to put up with this game anymore and it sucks cause ive been playing since 2011. but i think ive finally reached my breaking point.  ive got at least $2k invested in this game over the years, and its been the main reason i havent quit before, but if frontline doesnt come back or some serious changes are made... screw this game.

I agree with everything except the slagging on the minivan! I've got a V6 in my Sienna, way more room than in a Camaro, and I don't have to worry about it being stolen. ;-)

XxWardog911xX #176 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 14:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 16069 battles
  • [_AKA_] _AKA_
Bring Frontline back and keep it for good. was the most fun ive ever had on this game.

cavalry11 #177 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 18:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 43674 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
frontline was 1 of the best things wargaming has ever done therefor you will never return it to the game.

Kirkape #178 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 08:32

Private

• Players
  • 19451 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

Please bring frontline back and make it permanent.  It would also be a fun mode with tier 6 only.  Also, don’t even think about ending the preferential MM for tanks I paid real money for.  No bait and switch.  Last, but not least, please fix the match maker.  Tier 8 SUCKS right now and I’m not a fan of the template system.  

Thanks, and great job on frontline!

Tahllol #179 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 13:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10604 battles

View PostAtreidesN7, on Jul 02 2018 - 02:02, said:

This...

A month or so ago, I heard of the new engine and higher quality graphics, so I figured I'd download it again and try it out.

I was hooked (dammit) and when I played Frontline, I truly enjoyed the game.

Frontline seems to be a major success for WoT and should be brought back immediately, hell, it was the main reason I bought a T8 premium, just to play it!

Bring it back to capitalize on its popularity which can only lead to come back players as well as new players.

Best thing WoT has done since update 1.0!

Why they won't bring it back except maybe once or twice a year. The mode was better than anything else they had in the game as they know it. Basically the rest of the game system is a failure because the maps are to fricken small, and because of MM and OP tanks. 

Edited by Tahllol, Jul 16 2018 - 13:47.

Also tagged with 1.0.1, frontline, feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users