• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Da_Craw #21 Posted May 08 2018 - 15:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 25267 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostButane9000, on May 07 2018 - 16:14, said:

- Matches need to be longer.  Or shorter. 

- Capture time on points needs to be drastically shortened. Should be 2min with 1 person, 1.15 seconds with 2 and 40-45 with 3.  Already plenty easy to cap.

- Economy needs to be adjusted. Only way to remain profitable is to play exclusively premiums making the mode "pay 2 win" a no-no for any F2P title. This is firing exclusively regular ammo btw.  Made metric tons of silver, albeit with prem time and about half prem tanks used.  Very little gold slung, though without T10s to pen.

- Not sure if the T-32 was a good choice of "trial" tank for the mode. Also limiting 2 "free" tanks still limits respawns with the tank "repair" time in match.  I have like 5 rental tanks for the mode (didn't need, have plenty of 8s).  I never had more than the most recent tank locked.  Were you spawning in a minefield?

- health on the final objectives needs to be reduced to 1-1.5K max. The fact that you can really only pen it from the rear makes it hard enough to damage already. They simply can't be killed fast enough by most tier 8s since their either don't have the damage (LTs and MTs) or don't have the fire rate (heavy tanks).  I never got more than 1 shot on the objective since they were destroyed almost immediately once we reached them.

- Defenders have to be prevented from moving south. Easiest way to do it would be to make the base spawn "safe zone" at the beaches progress northward with every capture.  Huh?  Your team lost a square on offense?  That can't happen.

- Progressing in-game ranks needs to take into account assist and spotting damage. Currently it creates disincentives from using light tanks.  Agreed that it should be based on XP, but are you sure it isn't?

FuriousPotto #22 Posted May 08 2018 - 15:36

Private

• -Players-
  • 26678 battles
  • [2TUF] 2TUF
Do we get to keep the 2 tanks?  Do get to keep the 2 crews? Why not explain this?  Also when i lost my engine...and every tank i played lost its engine for some bizarre reason... why does the next tank spawn with a dead engine and related poor performance?  Also curious why its says this was posted at 03:36 PM when i posted it at 10:36 AM EST

Edited by FuriousPotto, May 08 2018 - 15:38.

Ortinoth #23 Posted May 08 2018 - 18:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25691 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostFuriousPotto, on May 08 2018 - 07:36, said:

Do we get to keep the 2 tanks?  Do get to keep the 2 crews? Why not explain this?  Also when i lost my engine...and every tank i played lost its engine for some bizarre reason... why does the next tank spawn with a dead engine and related poor performance?  Also curious why its says this was posted at 03:36 PM when i posted it at 10:36 AM EST

you really should read the article about frontline they explained all this..... 

_Mitochondria_ #24 Posted May 09 2018 - 02:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43252 battles

Well WG, 

I have noticed since FL has come out many players are happy with this, however if you look at tomorrows patch, it seems that you (WG) have decided to fix a fw problems, which is great, however, you have also decided to adjust what is given. Does this mean you realize you are giving to much away, to those who play your game? I am just wondering how you will destroy this mode, like you have done with Ranked Battles, Grand Battles...Just name a few. 

Doesn't really matter what I say, or what others say, or what they do. You have a habit of destroying parts of this game, or "Buffing" the prizes you give out.  I mean these adjustments are HUGE...Way to go..I applaud how you manage to screw up something players like.  Either case whatever. 

Tomorrow we will introduce the Micro Patch 1.0.1_3 for corrections in the economy of the titles in Front Line mode. This correction is to prevent currency inflation.(WHAT - don't you control the bonds)

-  Reduced the number of BOND by receiving the achievement "Supreme Weapon" from 25 to 10.

- Reduced the number of BOND by receiving the conquest "Supreme Cannon" from 20 to 10. 
- Reduced the number of BOND  by receiving the "General of the Army" achievement from 100 to 40.

This update will be implemented at 8:00 AM tomorrow (09/05) with the servers going offline for approximately 45 minutes.

Wargaming Team LATAM

Unknown0ne #25 Posted May 09 2018 - 04:58

Captain

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 28891 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

In general, this mode is alright, though I find it frustrating at times when I'm on a team that is getting rolled because there's both very little that can be done (due to the map size and large number of players) and, unlike in a random battle, you are stuck playing the entire battle due to respawning.

General feedback:

• It would be nice to pick your initial tank after knowing what side and starting zone you are on.
  • I would like to see a limit on how many tanks can be in a zone per a team. The spawn prevention helps, but players can still drive into a "full" zone.
  • I don't like the off-map strikes; the game already has on-map artillery.

Thoughts on rewards:

• XP/credit income is decent
  • I would prefer to directly earn fame points. The in-battle rank system disregards partial rank progress (which is frustrating because you're "missing out" on fame points if you have any progress towards the next rank at the end of the battle) and artificially caps good players (since you can't go past general)
  • The rewards for ranking up and prestiging are mediocre, but I think that's fine; ranking up isn't hard and the base rewards for the mode are high enough to make it worthwhile regardless.

Quality of life suggestions:

• Ability to view your tanks' loadouts on the tank select view
  • Better contextual info in-battle about the gun turret objectives (how to defeat them)
  • Better contextual info in-battle that bases can't be recaptured (perhaps move up the spawn protection kill zones after a zone is captured?)
  • Better contextual info in-battle on the off map call in controls

Avalon304 #26 Posted May 09 2018 - 07:40

Major

• Players
  • 18003 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

Mode is fun. But a couple of suggestions:

- Allow me to set up a lineup of tanks to take into battle, rather than just all of my tier 8s. Additionally let me choose a starting tank when in match rather than from the garage.

- Let me change my tanks equipment load out from the spawn screen, with appropriate costs applied if I am buying something not already equipped.

- Remove off map arty/bombing runs. They serve no purpose, plus we can already bring arty pieces to a match.

- Fix the platoon interface so I can manage my frontline consumables without having to leave the platoon to upgrade them.

Smidley #27 Posted May 09 2018 - 15:26

Private

• Players
  • 14957 battles
Please keep this mode, it's what the game should have been all these years! I've never come onto the forum before this but I feel the need to say KEEP THIS MODE. I actually had fun, not the usual pure frustration on this game for the first time in Months.

Sgt_Cates #28 Posted May 09 2018 - 16:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7778 battles
  • [N-W-T] N-W-T
OMG! Keep this mode. Some way, some how, in some iteration, Keep This Mode. Going back to regular matches after playing FL feels like the time I played in Boot Camp cause I was bored. I can't go back,... Don't make me go back,... You gave us the Red Pill! We can't un-see what we now know is the true World of Tanks.

SKurj #29 Posted May 09 2018 - 16:23

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 11700 battles

Despite alot of the raving...   I am not a huge fan.. perhaps thats just the randoms..    Didn't have a hugely enjoyable evening for my first go at it, I played maybe half a dozen matches, maybe won 1.

People have gone on about its a huge map, but in reality with the moving spawns it really just feels like 9 small maps, contact happens within seconds of spawn even at the start of the map usually with the defenders pushing the attackers immediately and usually from a superior position.

Love to see more than one map.. but hey I guess that might come with time.

Alot of players seem to just rush down the middle of the zone, completely ignoring flanks... hopefully thats something that will be learned with more practice.

In the end i shut it down after too much frustration, though I made a few credits (mostly ran my premiums)

Oh yes, even though i may not have loved my first go at it, this mode should stick around, its a nice change from the same old same old

Edited by SKurj, May 09 2018 - 16:24.

quicklysaw6 #30 Posted May 09 2018 - 19:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 16618 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

Absolutely love the frontline mode! Theres always something to do. I rarely find myself camping in a bush waiting for the attack. Theres always someone to shoot. Just when i think ive dug myself in someone uproots me and into close combat I go.

I can see this working in tier 10, and perhaps tier 6 if the maps were reduced in size.

Perhaps even turn this game mode into strongholds on a smaller scale.

The two biggest things that are important to me and i've noticed is Theres wayyyyy less arty, and very few gold rounds in this game mode. 

Bajicoy #31 Posted May 10 2018 - 01:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37110 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

Frontline mode is new, it's fun at first, but above all, it is [edited]frustrating because of a long list of problems

-respawns are random as [edited], the indicator on the map means absolutely nothing because you might spawn 200-300 meters off point and it will make you regret bringing anything slow or anything for that matter as critical seconds bleed away from your countryside detour to the battlefield

-you can not equip or move crew once in battle, for instance, you're screwed out of your premium tier 8's if their crews are still in tier 10's, you're screwed out of your td's because you can't equip binocs or whatever, you are also screwed out of abilities if you need artillery strikes rather than engineering, you're also screwed if you qued up for a random battle by accident or vice versa and lose your tank for a half hour or however long it takes for frontline to end

-there is little to no indication of what is destructible or indestructible on the map, you have to learn that all by memory

-respawns timers and tickets are frustrating, it pisses me off seeing half my team is dead or getting snowballed or worse whenever I have to throw my tank away for a reset and I have to sit there watching all the other dead [edited]call everyone an idiot for getting slaughtered because they are getting snowballed, so many [edited]general pattons out there it makes my eyes bleed as caps fall like dominos, the respawns are way too long and encourage snowballing rather than consistent battle durations, also, it stresses everyone out having to sit and wait for several minutes as they lose the game especially if they don't have a book to read, what the [edited]persuaded the idiot to make that mechanic???

-One single map, it gets old really fast, it becomes obvious where the exploits are, it also emphasizes how steep the power differences are between tanks as you watch defenders rofl stomp and lorr's yolo gun down players and get away and still survive, maybe that would be fine if the swedish pancakes just didn't rub it in with how useless you might feel in your 110's, IS-3's, AMX 50 100's, or whatever else you might want to bring as the longer battle duration really emphasize the differences between premiums and regular vehicles

-The tutorial is hidden and it is a [edited]text wall, great 2000's quality explanation of where costs come from and how experience is distributed, not asking for anything extravagant, but would it have killed someone to have some drive through guide so all the morons hopping into equipmentless T32 [edited]Life's and T-44 [edited]Life's could stand a fighting chance against Type 59's with improved equipment and more crew skills than trump scandals?

-Players can stop playing mid game and screw everyone over without penalty, in some cases, bots would be more effective than some players

At the moment, I am so annoyed waiting to have to learn the new mode and all the caviates of how to set up tanks or what to bring that with the really long random respawns that pushed me over the edge, I am no longer going to play the game mode outside an occasional check once a week.

pilgrim2223 #32 Posted May 10 2018 - 12:04

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20290 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostBajicoy, on May 10 2018 - 01:38, said:

Frontline mode is new, it's fun at first, but above all, it is [edited]frustrating because of a long list of problems

-respawns are random as [edited], the indicator on the map means absolutely nothing because you might spawn 200-300 meters off point and it will make you regret bringing anything slow or anything for that matter as critical seconds bleed away from your countryside detour to the battlefield

-you can not equip or move crew once in battle, for instance, you're screwed out of your premium tier 8's if their crews are still in tier 10's, you're screwed out of your td's because you can't equip binocs or whatever, you are also screwed out of abilities if you need artillery strikes rather than engineering, you're also screwed if you qued up for a random battle by accident or vice versa and lose your tank for a half hour or however long it takes for frontline to end

-there is little to no indication of what is destructible or indestructible on the map, you have to learn that all by memory

-respawns timers and tickets are frustrating, it pisses me off seeing half my team is dead or getting snowballed or worse whenever I have to throw my tank away for a reset and I have to sit there watching all the other dead [edited]call everyone an idiot for getting slaughtered because they are getting snowballed, so many [edited]general pattons out there it makes my eyes bleed as caps fall like dominos, the respawns are way too long and encourage snowballing rather than consistent battle durations, also, it stresses everyone out having to sit and wait for several minutes as they lose the game especially if they don't have a book to read, what the [edited]persuaded the idiot to make that mechanic???

-One single map, it gets old really fast, it becomes obvious where the exploits are, it also emphasizes how steep the power differences are between tanks as you watch defenders rofl stomp and lorr's yolo gun down players and get away and still survive, maybe that would be fine if the swedish pancakes just didn't rub it in with how useless you might feel in your 110's, IS-3's, AMX 50 100's, or whatever else you might want to bring as the longer battle duration really emphasize the differences between premiums and regular vehicles

-The tutorial is hidden and it is a [edited]text wall, great 2000's quality explanation of where costs come from and how experience is distributed, not asking for anything extravagant, but would it have killed someone to have some drive through guide so all the morons hopping into equipmentless T32 [edited]Life's and T-44 [edited]Life's could stand a fighting chance against Type 59's with improved equipment and more crew skills than trump scandals?

-Players can stop playing mid game and screw everyone over without penalty, in some cases, bots would be more effective than some players

At the moment, I am so annoyed waiting to have to learn the new mode and all the caviates of how to set up tanks or what to bring that with the really long random respawns that pushed me over the edge, I am no longer going to play the game mode outside an occasional check once a week.

This post is a [edited]text wall...:facepalm:

Edited by pilgrim2223, May 10 2018 - 12:06.

GunnerWanted #33 Posted May 10 2018 - 17:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 41962 battles

I have been reading all the comments made so far here and on other threads. Most people complaining about being able to make credits have 45-47% WR and 3-4K PR (personal rating) .... whereas the players who say they are make decent/good credits are more like 52%-up WR and +7K PR .... I hate to bring it up, but perhaps that ugly 'skill factor' needs to be considered in this mode .... just like in random pubs.

In fact, the skill factor is probably even more brought to light in this mode because a) many low tier players 'level up' to suddenly driving a tier 8 and b) it is played on a map nobody knows which will allow 'better' players to evaluate the terrain and their current tanks capabilities and pick more favorable points of engagement. A 'newer' player would be more likely to simply roll forward willy-nilly down the middle of the map and start blasting at the first tank they see while sitting in the open and then get farmed by enemies from safe spotting distance/high ground.

We will see how this mode evolves ..... currently I totally LOVE it. Not sure what will happen when platoons becomes a thing. Actually I do sorta fear that platoons will ruin it because they can be extremely powerful on new maps if the platoon members are competent. I would have preferred WG keep this a single player thing like Ranked Battles ..... but we will see what happens I guess.

What I like best about the mode (other than its new, fresh and fun as hell) is the tier 8 ONLY thing .... I really needed that .... tier 8 needed that .... after having suffered with the CONSTANT bottom tier thing since the latest iteration of the Match Maker this mode is some MUCH needed relief for tier 8 players (imo).

I enjoyed Ranked Battles but there was always the pressure that if you lost you'd drop your ranking. I love this mode because its casual ... just one battle at a time. If you want to aim for the prestige points and the bonds you can do so .... and when if you lose a battle here and there you don't have to 'make it up' before you can progress.

The format is good, the maps are new and challenging, a bunch of new mechanics are being put in the matches. Please do yourself a favor and go read about this if you want to play this mode.

https://worldoftanks...ry-regulations/

I hope WG incorporates this mode permanently and perhaps make it available at tier 6 and 10 as well while adding a few additional maps.

All in all I say: Well Played WG !!

MadDog08 #34 Posted May 10 2018 - 19:33

Private

• Players
  • 10198 battles
  • [WAVES] WAVES
PLEASE KEEP THIS MODE!!!!!  I have been loving playing the Frontline mode, the game feels sooo much more like a tank battle in this mode.  As someone posted earlier, we cannot un-see this, you have shown us what this game should be.  Please don't take it away!!!!!!!

Mikosah #35 Posted May 10 2018 - 23:37

Major

• Players
  • 17534 battles

The only complaint that I'll make about FL is that if they're going to allow call-ins for airstrikes and artillery, there should be a visible UI to warn the victim that he's about to be hit. The threat of incoming is probably a better motivator to get an entrenched camper to move than the damage itself. And this same logic also applies to playable SPGs for that matter (in the alternate universe in which SPGs may actually shoot at campers).

So the key takeaways from FL's initial success are as follows:

-Guaranteed same tier MM is something tier 8 desperately needed.

-Not having any stats recorded is actually very pleasant and refreshing.

-Getting a tier 8 mode that's profitable is much more desirable than a tier 10 mode that is unprofitable.

-More open space and more opportunities for the support role is generally a positive thing.

-As a result of the same tier MM, premium ammo is much less necessary and that's great news for all parties involved.

11XeeN11 #36 Posted May 11 2018 - 08:35

Private

• Players
  • 16861 battles
  • [11A_D] 11A_D

Hey Wargaming, you've done right with Frontline.  I don't usually post feedback, but I have to say, this is great.  As a WoT player for years, I can say that I've been wanting something more, and the 1.0 graphics update was great, but this Frontline mode is outstanding.  I'm NA West Coast (Pacific Time) so it only runs to 11pm on weekdays, but I'd love to see it extended to 24/7.  I think if you opened it to tier 10 as well you would see a lot of players return.  Personally, I think tier 8's a fantastic start.  

[edit] Oh, by the way - please don't end it on June 3rd.  Extend it out.  This, by far, has made me want to come back and play WoT more than anything else in the last couple years.  

Edited by 11XeeN11, May 11 2018 - 08:37.

Butane9000 #37 Posted May 11 2018 - 11:12

Private

• Players
  • 13307 battles
  • [SIDE] SIDE
Follow up to my feed back is the whole combat resources like artillery, air strikes and smoke screen. I understand why some classes are limited in carrying them and that's fine. But I can't pick and or choose which one I want to take into battle. it just auto assigns them based on how I unlock them. Can this be changed?

KonigsTiger_Zen #38 Posted May 11 2018 - 12:13

Private

• -Players-
  • 23169 battles
  • [HOI] HOI
I hope the frontline mode can be permanent added in the next Update

instead of a shot-term campaign
Because it's Really really fun and innovation. It can make more players Hot faithful to World of tanks.

Thank you !!

Edited by KonigsTiger_Zen, May 11 2018 - 12:18.

Grillo_Parlante #39 Posted May 12 2018 - 00:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 6470 battles

Another first time poster, who is finally logging in just to say this mode is phonomenal, and you should keep it.  It basically corrects everything I hate about the main game:

1. No garbage 3-5-7 match maker

2. The map is big enough where vision matters

3. No classes are made obsolete by a map rotation.

4. Only one arty per team, means your game isn't being ruined by arty.

5. Respawns mean that even if rng causes you to die, you can still have fun.

6. The large team size seems to make it where there is little toxicity in chat, or at least no one seems to be ever screaming at each other

7. The larger team size also seems to correct somewhat for the differences in crews, consumables, and module upgrade, or tank power levels that plague randoms.

8. It provide a way to grind powercrept tier 8 tanks like the tiger II, while avoiding broken tier 8 mming.

9. The games feel like they have real texture to them, and I enjoy myself regardless of if I win or not.

10. The lack of collected stats means that XVM toxicity, or playing while having to worry about your stats, isn't a thing.

People are always going to whine, but this mode fixes so many of the huge problems that plague the randoms.  From your perspective, it seems necessary as a way to keep people buying tier 8 premiums, while also keeping people spending money to grind lines and reach tier 8 (than grind through tier 8 to spend credits on tier 9 and 10 vehicles).  I hope thats enough of a basis to keep it going on your end,   From our perspective, its a nice relaxing game mode that provides a consistently fun exeperience--something the game has badly needed.  It seems like a win-win for both the company and the consumer.

I also think it was very bright of your map design team to minimize the number of bushes, and make it mostly about active spotting.  This prevents the boring campy play that for some reason was made a feature in your recent map changes.

Cisco49 #40 Posted May 12 2018 - 02:59

Private

• Players
  • 39813 battles
  • [_TOF_] _TOF_
Loving Frontline - great battle play. Don't take it away!

Also tagged with 1.0.1, frontline, feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users