Supertest 430 II

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

SU_Whisperer #1 Posted May 08 2018 - 13:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5730 battles
TheDailyBounce.net said that :

World of Tanks Supertest just received a new vehicle to test: Object 430 version II. The proposed changes are to make Object 430version  II more in-line with the new upcoming Tier X K-91. The tank will receive changes to its armour, one of its 100 mm guns has been replaced and several other fine tunes.

According to Supertesters, the K-91 isn’t yet a great tank, but based on previous tanks who weren’t great and turned out special after release, we will have to wait and see how Object 430 version II and K-91 will be.

OK, Now. My favorite tank in this game is the Obj. 430 II, it feels great and is different, both in terms of playstyle and feelings, I thought that I finally found a tank to play when I wasn't in the mood for more tanking you know? However, just like the Auflklarungspanzer Panther which was my favorite tank before it has been removed, the Obj. 430 II will no longer be in the game, yes, if the 430 II gets changed to be like the K-91, it'll be the same as if the tank would be removed. Take a brawler, take away it's armor, take away it's maneuverability and give it an ok gun with good DPM and Accuracy and what do you get ? YES, THAT'S RIGHT !!! You obtain a sniper... Well if you were to do that, either you take the only medium that has a unique feeling, because the turret is rear-mounted and it can block damage or you leave it in the game unchanged. Why leave it in the game unchanged ? Well, as I said it's the only tank in the game that feels this way, the T-54 has a similar gameplay, but it's generic, it's not unique, it doesn't give you the feels when you go over your limits to make the tank work, the T-54 is much more easier to play and there are two tier 10 mediums that are identical. Please WG don't take away your last hope of keeping me in the game. At least, sell it to me, will be happy to pay $200 for the Obj. 430 Version II UNCHANGED at tier 9.

RMxR #2 Posted May 08 2018 - 14:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 41915 battles

The obj. 430 II has (had) these terrific brawler stats because the next tank (the obj. 430 before the changes) was a brawler and had a similar armor thickness and play style. Now it would be weird if you go from a Obj.416 to a 430 II with better armor and then you meet a paper armored tank like the k-91 again, if wargaming decides this is not a popular decision then they might hold the changes for a bit but WG must be thinking that making the soviet mediums "less soviet" is gonna be more popular then it's worth the risk for them, i mean they want to let players choose between universal mediums (obj 140 and T62 A), a brawling medium (Obj 430U) and soon a sniper medium (K-91) and for the majority of the players having an unchanged 430 II and a "paper" K91 would be dissapointing.

I think they are doing a positive change but they could reconsider certain changes, for example the 430 II turret should be the only strongly armored spot left unchanged because the Obj.416 has a similar play style and the turret is the only armored module you can rely on, a sniper that has to use terrain at it's advantage should have good turret armor because that awards players for the good handling of the tank and the amount of courage it tales to expose yourself just to compensate the awful gun depression. Also they should vive the K-91 some better acceleration because as sniper it's very important the tank is fast enough to relocate and take positions quickly.

SU_Whisperer #3 Posted May 08 2018 - 14:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5730 battles

View PostRMxR, on May 08 2018 - 08:20, said:

The obj. 430 II has (had) these terrific brawler stats because the next tank (the obj. 430 before the changes) was a brawler and had a similar armor thickness and play style. Now it would be weird if you go from a Obj.416 to a 430 II with better armor and then you meet a paper armored tank like the k-91 again, if wargaming decides this is not a popular decision then they might hold the changes for a bit but WG must be thinking that making the soviet mediums "less soviet" is gonna be more popular then it's worth the risk for them, i mean they want to let players choose between universal mediums (obj 140 and T62 A), a brawling medium (Obj 430U) and soon a sniper medium (K-91) and for the majority of the players having an unchanged 430 II and a "paper" K91 would be dissapointing.

I think they are doing a positive change but they could reconsider certain changes, for example the 430 II turret should be the only strongly armored spot left unchanged because the Obj.416 has a similar play style and the turret is the only armored module you can rely on, a sniper that has to use terrain at it's advantage should have good turret armor because that awards players for the good handling of the tank and the amount of courage it tales to expose yourself just to compensate the awful gun depression. Also they should vive the K-91 some better acceleration because as sniper it's very important the tank is fast enough to relocate and take positions quickly.

I strongly believe the Obj. 430 II is much better than the K-91. Statistically, it almost feels like the K-91 is a tier 9 with a tier 10 hitpoint pool. Anyway, I will quit WoT for sure if they nerf the 430 II.

BabA_YA6A #4 Posted May 08 2018 - 15:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26202 battles

Wargaming coverts it into a support/ sniper tank.

But about 70% of the maps are brawler maps now????? Smile_sceptic.gif

I love mine, but if these changes get implemented another one bites the dust that I will get rid off.

BabA_YA6A #5 Posted May 08 2018 - 15:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26202 battles

View PostRMxR, on May 08 2018 - 05:20, said:

How would you know. You don't even have one.

PS. Must be reading a going by hearsay a lot...lol

Also tagged with Supertest, 430, II

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users