WZ 111 5a noob

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

UltimaRatiio #1 Posted May 08 2018 - 17:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9152 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

Ok, this isnt working for me, the tier 9 was doing fine, with this one im barely making a 50% winrate even with the same matchmaker as tier 9 and with a better tank and also making more damage.. i dont know.. just dont seem to win, im also not going to the correct places i guess, and armor layout aint helping me of course,

and before you come out all guns blazing, im not a total noob, i have a 3 mark lowe,  61-62% winrate, OBJ 257 61% winrate 2 mark, so i would like to know some tips and hints on how to improve my use of this tank.

ps: yes this is not my 1st account, not a reroll for stats or anything, just got my last account chat banned and that bugs me lol !!

heres what it looks like right now: 

AnArmyofBun #2 Posted May 08 2018 - 17:54

Major

• Players
  • 11026 battles
  • [BUNS] BUNS
The 5a is a great tank.  It's a better IS-7.  Drive to target.  Shoot target.  Pull back.

UltimaRatiio #3 Posted May 08 2018 - 18:00

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9152 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostAnArmyofBun, on May 08 2018 - 17:54, said:

The 5a is a great tank.  It's a better IS-7.  Drive to target.  Shoot target.  Pull back.

could you be more specific

Bad_Oedipus #4 Posted May 08 2018 - 18:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 39602 battles
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD

Not that I'm qualified to give lessons on how to play it; however, I've recently acquired a Death Barn and played Death Star more;  I've noticed that HESH goes through 5A and 113 wheels/tracks like through knife through lard.

Perhaps you're getting shot through the sides, when you'd expect IS7 to bounce those shots without thinking.

UltimaRatiio #5 Posted May 08 2018 - 18:36

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9152 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostBad_Oedipus, on May 08 2018 - 18:34, said:

Not that I'm qualified to give lessons on how to play it; however, I've recently acquired a Death Barn and played Death Star more;  I've noticed that HESH goes through 5A and 113 wheels/tracks like through knife through lard.

Perhaps you're getting shot through the sides, when you'd expect IS7 to bounce those shots without thinking.

im being penetrated by anywhere really even in the turret, and im struggling with positions as well, not being in an hulldown position hard to find on maps

DomoSapien #6 Posted May 08 2018 - 19:34

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13719 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Personally I find the 5A superior to the 113 in most regards. Primarily it has an advantage in its excellent gun handling and better depression. Although I had a much better time in the tier IX tier-for-tier, I still think the 5A is fun to play. In fact, it was briefly considered a meta tank until the IS-7 received its buffs.

Play it like the old IS-8 - don't rely on your armor, consider it a heavy medium. You will absolutely bully most mediums, so if your game is full of superheavies and artillery consider pushing with your medium flank. Pay attention to your minimap and learn which vehicles give you the most trouble. Be careful spamming HEAT against spaced armor, the standard AP rounds usually do the trick against most targets. My #1 mistake in the 5A is playing too aggressively.

That said I have less battles in it than you do and worse stats, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

ShookYang #7 Posted May 08 2018 - 19:45

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9520 battles
  • [5LINE] 5LINE

View PostUltimaRatiio, on May 08 2018 - 09:36, said:

im being penetrated by anywhere really even in the turret, and im struggling with positions as well, not being in an hulldown position hard to find on maps

If you're getting penned in the turret, it's likely you're getting hit in the hatches, which is a known weakspot.

Are you using the gun depression to help hide the hatches?

Hull is not designed to bounce anything, and really want to avoid angling the pike nose.  Are you trying to sidescrape?  If so, the 5a is not meant to be a sidescraper.

UltimaRatiio #8 Posted May 08 2018 - 20:40

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9152 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostShookYang, on May 08 2018 - 19:45, said:

If you're getting penned in the turret, it's likely you're getting hit in the hatches, which is a known weakspot.

Are you using the gun depression to help hide the hatches?

Hull is not designed to bounce anything, and really want to avoid angling the pike nose.  Are you trying to sidescrape?  If so, the 5a is not meant to be a sidescraper.

yes im a really random player i dont have a fixed strategy, i usually check the enemy tanks and obvioiusly the map, some maps are better but i didnt found the ideal map for this tank, its more than a great tank to deal damage of course as most of the time i can do vast ammount of damages, sometimes i try to sidescrap, i cannot shoot people without exposing my hull or some parts of the sides, i want to know whats the best use for this tank, i mean i pay aggresive and try to shoot first or just bait and wait for enemy fire and reload, or what

_Gungrave_ #9 Posted May 08 2018 - 20:52

Major

• Players
  • 42202 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT

View PostAnArmyofBun, on May 08 2018 - 17:54, said:

Its a better IS7 until the 277 comes along in the next few patches :trollface:

Also tagged with WZ 111 5a, noob

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users