• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

BillT #21 Posted May 12 2018 - 01:10

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26465 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View PostDuqe, on May 11 2018 - 14:59, said:

Frontline is a good example of how, when not forced to play with artillery by having matchmaking work them into games, how few (2% or less) of the community's players really embrace artillery. At this point, why not remove it? Especially since the Frontline consumables do a better job of clicking than the actual mouthbreathers do.

None of that makes any sense.

Every FL I've been in so far has had three arty on each team -- one per zone, the max allowed.  So that's 10% of the players actually driving SPGs, plus the additional ones using arty strike consumables.

What you should be appreciating is that at last, WG has limited arty to 10% of the force (compared to 20% in random battles) and one per map (one per front, anyway).  Now you can't complain that every time you play the game there are three arty and they all focus on you the entire game and nobody loves you and you're just gonna go eat some worms.

As additional consolation for you (hugs, Duqe!  Remember, in all the universe, there's only one you!), this mode doesn't reward arty as much as it does other tanks.   It's hard to get past Captain rank in an SPG and the profitability is low because of ammo costs and the fact there are no premium SPGs.  I played a game earlier today in my GW Tiger P, scored like 7K damage plus assist damage, fired no premium rounds, almost every shot hurt someone, and I still netted less than 50K credits. Great XP, but the profit per shot is just too low.  So the Frontline mode is actually an SPG nerf. 

Hurk #22 Posted May 12 2018 - 03:22

Major

• Players
  • 49959 battles
  • [KGR] KGR
i think hes confusing the fact that you cant play arty with people dont want to. 

Mojo_Riesing #23 Posted May 12 2018 - 05:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17418 battles
  • [R8DER] R8DER

Edited by Mojo_Riesing, Jun 07 2018 - 09:28.

ThePigSheFlies #24 Posted May 12 2018 - 15:51

Major

• Players
  • 62426 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Postdominator_98, on May 10 2018 - 08:31, said:

The mode would be great if there were no arty. The strikes get the job done just fine.

it would be great it it was regular tank mode, with no arty, no strikes, no air raids.

air raids and arty strikes were so vehemently despised when they first appeared in stronghold battles that wargaming felt they had to expand their usage I guess...

View PostBillT, on May 11 2018 - 19:10, said:

None of that makes any sense.

Every FL I've been in so far has had three arty on each team -- one per zone, the max allowed.  So that's 10% of the players actually driving SPGs, plus the additional ones using arty strike consumables.

What you should be appreciating is that at last, WG has limited arty to 10% of the force (compared to 20% in random battles) and one per map (one per front, anyway).  Now you can't complain that every time you play the game there are three arty and they all focus on you the entire game and nobody loves you and you're just gonna go eat some worms.

As additional consolation for you (hugs, Duqe!  Remember, in all the universe, there's only one you!), this mode doesn't reward arty as much as it does other tanks.   It's hard to get past Captain rank in an SPG and the profitability is low because of ammo costs and the fact there are no premium SPGs.  I played a game earlier today in my GW Tiger P, scored like 7K damage plus assist damage, fired no premium rounds, almost every shot hurt someone, and I still netted less than 50K credits. Great XP, but the profit per shot is just too low.  So the Frontline mode is actually an SPG nerf. 

​as someone that likes to weave back and forth between zones I still get focused by 2 actual arty as they are not limited to shooting things in their own zone.  further, I also get focused by players from both zones with their air raid and arty strikes.

there have been times where it literally feels like 8.6 all over again - and with recon flights, as well as the over performing premium LTs on every flank one cannot simply "keep moving or drop lights"

and if arty is so unprofitable to play in frontline mode, then why are people actually bringing it?  could it be that they would be even less profitable if they had to be in a regular tank...

Sgt__Guffy #25 Posted May 12 2018 - 17:14

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3356 battles
I haven't played many games so far, but I haven't really noticed the presence of artillery. It is a battle mode where mobility is important, so I don't really think artillery is necessary,. Has the OP noticed a campy stand off where artillery is needed to dislodge the enemy? Time is an important factor, so camping is not an issue, is it?

Also tagged with Arty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users