Earn Commander Gianluigi Buffon for your Italian Tanks!

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Sir_Titmouse #41 Posted May 15 2018 - 02:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16949 battles
These are Daily Missions Only?

Lexers615 #42 Posted May 15 2018 - 05:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15270 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostRetroMan55, on May 14 2018 - 19:28, said:

Not sure exactly what your point is/was, but this mission reward was stupid on a second front - WG already gave us a 100% trained crew for the 3000.

As a tip for saving time on such missions in the future.  Take a few minutes to go through the tank line you are going up and look for cross-over modules.  Things like guns, radios and engines that are standard equipment modules on tanks 1 or 2 tanks up the line.  Skip unlocking those modules, until you open up the tank where they are standard equipment.  Once opened there, they will be unlocked on the previous tanks.  In most cases you will save 10,000 to 25,000 XP that you will be able to apply to the unlocking the next tank in the line you are working on.

Another tip is buy the silver equipment suspension instead of unlocking the standard upgrade suspension, saving that XP to come back and finish later after you have the next tank or two unlocked.  In tiers 6 and 7 this will cost, on average 200,000 silver and save you 7,000 to 9,000 XP towards unlocking the next tank that much sooner. 

These two steps can speed the climb up the tech tree substantially.  You will save much more using this on Tiers 8-10.

You gave me a good laugh... What modules those tanks have in common and you can research?

Guns? Yeah, but wait... You got to research the top gun to unlock the next tank

Radios? As with a lot other radios, the research cost is overpriced vs the Xp cost. Indeed, waiting for the next tank can SOMETIMES be a good idea.

Engines? Very few engine carry over. Even worst, sometimes the next tank has a stock engine that is researchable at your level. And the weak Italian engines are one of the main weakness you need to deal with

Tracks? Turrets? I've never seen those carry over...

In other words, what you wrote may apply to other nations, but it's all about ITALIAN tanks in this thread.

Lexers615 #43 Posted May 15 2018 - 06:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15270 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View Postfireraiserbr, on May 11 2018 - 23:34, said:

this is the perfect opportunity to play tanks that kill italian tanks.

Exactly, and that's what's happening...

Lexers615 #44 Posted May 15 2018 - 06:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15270 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostAchilles_Odysseus, on May 13 2018 - 14:59, said:

I find it wrong on WG part that on the American Server we must do all those missions 1-4 just to get a chance to get the Commander while guess what Tankers EU just has to play a dam battle in T8 T9 or the T10 regular Italian tanks or the Premium T8 tank i think we should be having the same missions no matter what server we are on RU, EU or NA they release the same tanks for us to play on all servers why cant we have the same missions or you know what at least the same length of time if you are going to force NA to do harder missions....NA has from May 11 till May 18 while over on EU they have until June 1st to play just a battle and win that commander yep sounds fair and that is typical WG doesn't care about ALL of it's players and making the missions the same for ALL players but then complain when someone does something they don't like well i wonder why WG you screw over players to benefit other players maybe it's time to eat your own words and make it a fair playgame by making missions and stuff the same ON ALL SERVERS 

Not all players were created equals. There are 1M players on the RU servers, 300k to 400k on EU, and and we're like 80k here.

RetroMan55 #45 Posted May 15 2018 - 18:53

Captain

• Players
  • 78678 battles
  • [DWING] DWING

View PostLexers615, on May 14 2018 - 22:54, said:

You gave me a good laugh... What modules those tanks have in common and you can research?

Guns? Yeah, but wait... You got to research the top gun to unlock the next tank

Radios? As with a lot other radios, the research cost is overpriced vs the Xp cost. Indeed, waiting for the next tank can SOMETIMES be a good idea.

Engines? Very few engine carry over. Even worst, sometimes the next tank has a stock engine that is researchable at your level. And the weak Italian engines are one of the main weakness you need to deal with

Tracks? Turrets? I've never seen those carry over...

In other words, what you wrote may apply to other nations, but it's all about ITALIAN tanks in this thread.

So, basically you are saying you don't check.  Tracks and Turrets NEVER carry over - no matter which line you are talking about (I have over 320 tanks in my garage, and I have researched 395 with mastery on 101 - other than Premiums, and the SU-76M, I only keep Tier 4 and up because that is what is needed for most special missions).  Buying the silver suspension means you don't have to research the tracks unless you want to elite the tank to trigger "Accelerated Crew Training" to speed up crew training.  Which I always do after I have opened the next tank.

As to the rest of it, even in the Italian line, you are wrong, many radios and engines do carry over.  Why research modules that will be "Free" as standard equipment on the next tank?  Clearly you have missed the point of my post.  "Even worst?"  Even worse is that you would spend hours researching things that are standard equipment on the next tank, instead of adjusting your game play to compensate for not having the top radio(s) or engine(s) by playing 2nd or 3rd level support until you unlock the next tank.

Since you want to make this only ABOUT Italian tanks, start with Tier 3, click Research, then look at the engines and radios by clicking Characteristics.  At the bottom of the window is a list of all the tanks that radio or engine will go on.  While some radios will go up to Tier 8, you are only interested in on which tank it becomes standard equipment.  You will find there is much carryover all the way up the line to Tier 10.

As someone who has done many On-Tracks since 2014, I have found ways to accelerate going up the tank line and saving on crew training by leap-frogging thru the modules instead of doggedly eliting each tank in order before getting the next tank. 

As to guns?  Yes, in the Italian line you NEED to go thru the top gun and turret to get to the next tank - but that is not always the case.  Look at the difference between getting the US T-29 from the M4A3E2 and the T-20 (or better for crew training, going thru the T-1 and M6 HT's).  With the E2 you will get the T-29 faster, but you will only get the 76mm gun and you will hate the T-29 until you manage to unlock the 90mm gun.  But either of the other two paths will unlock the 90mm and you will start the T-29 with the much stronger 90mm gun.  Just try facing Tier 9 tanks with a tier 6 76mm gun.

Altwar #46 Posted May 16 2018 - 03:43

Major

• Players
  • 53982 battles
  • [A-F] A-F
Meanwhile if you've only a mid tier, say a tier 4 or 5 Italian, this isn't exactly an easy series of missions to complete.

Lexers615 #47 Posted May 16 2018 - 06:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15270 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostRetroMan55, on May 15 2018 - 12:53, said:

So, basically you are saying you don't check.  Tracks and Turrets NEVER carry over - no matter which line you are talking about (I have over 320 tanks in my garage, and I have researched 395 with mastery on 101 - other than Premiums, and the SU-76M, I only keep Tier 4 and up because that is what is needed for most special missions).  Buying the silver suspension means you don't have to research the tracks unless you want to elite the tank to trigger "Accelerated Crew Training" to speed up crew training.  Which I always do after I have opened the next tank.

As to the rest of it, even in the Italian line, you are wrong, many radios and engines do carry over.  Why research modules that will be "Free" as standard equipment on the next tank?  Clearly you have missed the point of my post.  "Even worst?"  Even worse is that you would spend hours researching things that are standard equipment on the next tank, instead of adjusting your game play to compensate for not having the top radio(s) or engine(s) by playing 2nd or 3rd level support until you unlock the next tank.

Since you want to make this only ABOUT Italian tanks, start with Tier 3, click Research, then look at the engines and radios by clicking Characteristics.  At the bottom of the window is a list of all the tanks that radio or engine will go on.  While some radios will go up to Tier 8, you are only interested in on which tank it becomes standard equipment.  You will find there is much carryover all the way up the line to Tier 10.

As someone who has done many On-Tracks since 2014, I have found ways to accelerate going up the tank line and saving on crew training by leap-frogging thru the modules instead of doggedly eliting each tank in order before getting the next tank. 

As to guns?  Yes, in the Italian line you NEED to go thru the top gun and turret to get to the next tank - but that is not always the case.  Look at the difference between getting the US T-29 from the M4A3E2 and the T-20 (or better for crew training, going thru the T-1 and M6 HT's).  With the E2 you will get the T-29 faster, but you will only get the 76mm gun and you will hate the T-29 until you manage to unlock the 90mm gun.  But either of the other two paths will unlock the 90mm and you will start the T-29 with the much stronger 90mm gun.  Just try facing Tier 9 tanks with a tier 6 76mm gun.

Dude, first of all, AGAIN, we're talking about Italian tanks. Other nations works differently. And if you seriously suggest sticking to the stock engine just because upgraded ones will be free at a later tier, you're not worth reading at all.

Lexers615 #48 Posted May 16 2018 - 06:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15270 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostAltwar, on May 15 2018 - 21:43, said:

Meanwhile if you've only a mid tier, say a tier 4 or 5 Italian, this isn't exactly an easy series of missions to complete.

Exactly... It means more or less achieving 100 games having dealt as much DMG as your Hp, which is nearly impossible to do on a regular basis with a tier IV or V Italian med, as you are continuously outspotted, and your teammates won't ever listen to your F7 calls... And unless you've got a paid prem time running, you're guaranteed to be stuck to rigged bottom tier MMs, except *maybe* once on a blue moon (i.e.: once every 25 to 30 games. Last time I counted it, the ratio was in that range.). Camping behind? Well, good luck dealing 35k DMG and getting 25k Xp...

Right now, I'm missing 20k DMG and 6k Xp. At the current pace it's going, I guess it would take me more or less 8 to 10 more hours to get that DMG but I'd get the Xp along the way. With an arty, a high tier heavy or TP in which I usually get 1,5k-2k dmg per battle, it would take me a lot less time, but I'm stuck with those ********** Italian tanks. Using the 10k Xp bonus, I'll be able to unlock the tier VI which might help a bit. Trouble is, unlike WG pets, *I* have a LIFE, and can't just play all day and night. A week to achieve all that was the best way of making sure only a few of their pets would take advantage from it.

RetroMan55 #49 Posted May 16 2018 - 12:55

Captain

• Players
  • 78678 battles
  • [DWING] DWING

View PostLexers615, on May 15 2018 - 23:58, said:

Dude, first of all, AGAIN, we're talking about Italian tanks. Other nations works differently. And if you seriously suggest sticking to the stock engine just because upgraded ones will be free at a later tier, you're not worth reading at all.

Dude, first of all, AGAIN - all but the last paragraph WAS about the Italian tanks. 

If you are serious about running up a line faster I suggest you sit down with a calculator and a pencil and paper and write the numbers down to see just how much time you save with this system.  When you can save enough to pay for nearly half the XP on the next tank by not buying the best radio and engine it only makes sense to adjust to how a medium tank should be played.  I don't play this game as a tank-shoot'em-up, I don't chase hamster wheel stats, I play it as a financial game and as a tank collector.  My son and his friend got me started playing, and like most players of my generation it was the WWII nature of the game and seeing just how the M4 stood up against the Tiger I that got me hooked.  I consider myself an average player.

Anybody who has read my past posts knows that I am hardly a "WG pet" and have been very critical of many changes and aspects of this game.  Many of my posts are about helping players beat WG at their own game by showing them shortcuts in using crews and tanks more effectively.  Sorry you don't understand the math involved in this strategy, especially for someone who thinks there isn't enough time.

F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #50 Posted May 16 2018 - 18:43

Major

• Players
  • 49065 battles
  • [FATE] FATE
Two hours on Monday and two hours last night and I need six wins to get Gigi!  All of my games have been in the Standard B.  I finished the Tier 8 in Frontline and had finished up to Tier 7, before the Gigi special was announced.

Lexers615 #51 Posted May 16 2018 - 20:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15270 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostF0R_M07H3R_RU5514, on May 16 2018 - 12:43, said:

Two hours on Monday and two hours last night and I need six wins to get Gigi!  All of my games have been in the Standard B.  I finished the Tier 8 in Frontline and had finished up to Tier 7, before the Gigi special was announced.

You mean you dealt over 35k dmg and collected 25k BASE Xp with a tier VIII in 4 hours of gameplay with a single tank?

Poppa_Smoke #52 Posted May 16 2018 - 20:28

Private

• -Players-
  • 33674 battles
  • [USMC4] USMC4
We already have enough soccer players in WoT.  Will this guy run out front without any support and press the "HELP" button over and over again and then cuss out his team mates in a broken English for not giving him any support either?

Lexers615 #53 Posted May 17 2018 - 07:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15270 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostAltwar, on May 15 2018 - 21:43, said:

Burning high end reserves, cashing in the first two 10k Xp boni, and using 6k free Xp, I managed to unlock the tier V and the the tier VI. Tier V is decent, but the VI is a charm, even stock. Not the best around, but it's good, and makes getting that last 12.5k DMG within the realm of feasibility. Still, by the time I get Gigi, it will have taken me more or less 15 hours of game play in less than a week (as I'm out of town this weekend), which is totally unreasonable.

EDIT 1: I'm finishing a 4h game session. I dealt around 12k DMG, mostly thanks to my tier VI I acquired midway through it, but also thank to my tier V. That leaves me roughly 7k DMG to deal tomorrow.

Still, Italian tier II, III and IV meds are lame pinatas, and perform poorly. That's why most people didn't ground past the 9 battles mission. I had to wait until tier V to be able to deal more DMG than my Hp on a regular basis.

EDIT 2: I'm now 591 DMG shy, and I'll be getting it tonight. It sticks to my estimates, that it will have taken me between 13 and 15h of game play with Italian tanks. In other words, this event is *NOT* worth it, and it's meant to reward modders and people having bought the tier VIII premium...

Edited by Lexers615, May 18 2018 - 06:10.

Mercenarity #54 Posted May 18 2018 - 07:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17355 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

I was gone for awhile, so I just found out about this mission today. I'd have to get all the requirements in four hours with one tier 8 premium.

Hopefully the mission rolls around again or gets an extension.

Edited by Mercenarity, May 18 2018 - 07:57.

facilegoose #55 Posted May 19 2018 - 18:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14283 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on May 11 2018 - 02:04, said:

Hey Tankers! 

You'll have a week between May 11th and May 18th (Starts and ends at 4:20 PT) to complete a set of 4 special battle missions to receive a special Zero-skill-sixth-sense Commander featuring Gigi Buffon's likeness and voice acting.

THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ISN'T UNTIL THE 26th FRIENDS

If you wanted to sell fewer Progettos, not-having this available until the end of the month was a great way to do just that. Or did you decide to shorten it once Juventus was eliminated from the final? Nonexistent marketing nous to match the steady stream of PR fiascos, as though the Super Bowl commercials weren't sufficiently low-effort/cringe. The Old Lady deserved a better promo -- and so did the players that need better incentives to play more regularly.  

Stopping the grind at tier IV, the Buffon commander/crew was the only pull, as much as I'd like to have at least the Pantera in the garage -- there are other medium lines invested in that will deliver content, with trained crews to man the vehicles without eyes bleeding from lack of 6th sense, or repairs, ect. 

Advice: make the Buffon mission available again, for the 3 weeks it ought to have been offered for in the first place, and do it quickly. 

Edited by facilegoose, May 19 2018 - 18:39.

madgiecool #56 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 09:08

Major

• Players
  • 50192 battles
  • [4NZAB] 4NZAB
Will there be an opportunity to get the rest of the crew?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users