Earn Commander Gianluigi Buffon for your Italian Tanks!

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

nufsaid #21 Posted May 11 2018 - 15:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 59878 battles

View PostLife_In_Black, on May 10 2018 - 20:44, said:

I have to say, the amount of work and effort you want for a single special crew member is ludicrous. Maybe for a whole four-person female crew it would be worth it, but for a single commander with Sixth Sense, I don't care how famous the guy might be. Swing and a miss Wargaming, swing and a miss.

Well, unless I'm missing something, it looks like its a lot easier to get the commander on the EU server,,,Just play one game,,,on NA it appears the grind is for all the XP and consumables,

http://Posted Image

ElfMagi2 #22 Posted May 11 2018 - 16:04

Captain

• Players
  • 50864 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED

Would make more sense to only play 1 game to get the crew member. After the grind I will have no need for the new crew member. I am already on my 2nd perk with my commander.

With that said this mission is not that hard or will take that long. I completed 1/3 in just 2 hours and that is starting from a stock tier 5. Should get easier as I move up (better crew, more damage in higher tiers, ect)

Posted Image

ANOTHER_ #23 Posted May 11 2018 - 20:17

Private

• -Players-
  • 258 battles
Am I right frontline is not the right place to fulfill the missions? 

Kenshin2kx #24 Posted May 11 2018 - 20:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 18092 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on May 10 2018 - 15:04, said:

Hey Tankers!

Remember that sweet Promo vid we did with Italian Football (Soccer, for you Americans) superstar Gigi Buffon? In case you missed it, here it is again below:

Well now's your chance to have him commanding your favorite Italian Tank!

You'll have a week between May 11th and May 18th (Starts and ends at 4:20 PT) to complete a set of 4 special battle missions to receive a special Zero-skill-sixth-sense Commander featuring Gigi Buffon's likeness and voice acting.

For all the details regarding the missions, head on over to our News Portal.

Make sure you pick up yours before these missions say...

:D Hahaha ... boo ... I just saw "Gigi" and assumed a french beauty ala Leslie Caron ... oh well.  

Edited by Kenshin2kx, May 12 2018 - 00:18.

Striker_70 #25 Posted May 12 2018 - 02:49

Major

• Players
  • 19506 battles

View Postnufsaid, on May 11 2018 - 08:26, said:

Well, unless I'm missing something, it looks like its a lot easier to get the commander on the EU server,,,Just play one game,,,on NA it appears the grind is for all the XP and consumables,

You are missing something.

You are missing the fact that on EU it's only for Italian tanks tier 8 and up.  So it's easier on NA for everyone who doesn't have the spaghetto or isn't already very close to the tier 8.

EU has better specials this weekend though, by far.  x5 XP first win, a massive amount of free stuff simply for playing 1 single game, and discounts galore.

fireraiserbr #26 Posted May 12 2018 - 05:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 51016 battles
  • [SMOK3] SMOK3

this is the perfect opportunity to play tanks that kill italian tanks.

3BAC #27 Posted May 12 2018 - 17:38

Major

• Players
  • 59927 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View PostDomoSapien, on May 11 2018 - 01:04, said:

For all the details regarding the missions, head on over to our News Portal.

Am I reading the News Portal correctly. You have to play Tier 4 or above, but the Custom Crew member is trained for the Tier 1, "Fiat 3000." So, in order to use him on the tiers I have passed to earn him, I have to pay? Odd they didn't set this up for recruiting into your tank of choice.

Cricketer #28 Posted May 12 2018 - 18:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 5783 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

View Post3BAC, on May 12 2018 - 11:38, said:

Am I reading the News Portal correctly. You have to play Tier 4 or above, but the Custom Crew member is trained for the Tier 1, "Fiat 3000." So, in order to use him on the tiers I have passed to earn him, I have to pay? Odd they didn't set this up for recruiting into your tank of choice.

I was going to say exactly the same thing. Plus, the Fiat 3000 is a light tank, whereas the whole Italian line beyond tier 2 is mediums. So, if I retrain with credits, Gigi will be down to 80%, what nonsense is this?

_GreatGameDota_ #29 Posted May 12 2018 - 18:14

Private

• -Players-
  • 8247 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostStriker_70, on May 12 2018 - 02:49, said:

You are missing the fact that on EU it's only for Italian tanks tier 8 and up.  So it's easier on NA for everyone who doesn't have the spaghetto or isn't already very close to the tier 8.

EU has better specials this weekend though, by far.  x5 XP first win, a massive amount of free stuff simply for playing 1 single game, and discounts galore.

True, but RU and EU have THREE weeks to do it, while SEA and NA only have one.

Tru7h #30 Posted May 12 2018 - 22:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 27853 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
total bull sh**. on the NA server we have to jump through hoops to get this, and have a week to do it.. and on the EU server, they have 3 weeks to "play a battle" go eff yourself

Tru7h #31 Posted May 12 2018 - 22:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 27853 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL

View PostStriker_70, on May 12 2018 - 01:49, said:

"even easier for the Na.. "... no.. all they have to do is play ONE battle

RetroMan55 #32 Posted May 12 2018 - 22:19

Captain

• Players
  • 80276 battles
  • [DWING] DWING

Just got him.  Once again, we have to wonder if the mission designers even play this game.  Who cares what he does in "real" life, in the game he is trained for a Tier 1 tank, he is alone (not a crew), the best you can transfer him into is a Tier 2 Light, and if you put him in a Tier 8 Premium he drops to 50%.  If you need to use Tier 4 and up Mediums to get him, why not make it so you can place him in any Tier 4 and up Medium Tank?  Just stupid logic, WG.

Not really worth the grind - except all those 10,000 XP boosts did help with Tier 7 Modules.

Striker_70 #33 Posted May 13 2018 - 00:46

Major

• Players
  • 19506 battles

View PostTru7h, on May 12 2018 - 15:08, said:

Block Quote

"even easier for the Na.. "... no.. all they have to do is play ONE battle

Did you even attempt to read what you responded to?  Apparently not.  Bolded and underlined this time.

Achilles_Odysseus #34 Posted May 13 2018 - 20:59

Private

• Players
  • 32058 battles
  • [RHD] RHD
I find it wrong on WG part that on the American Server we must do all those missions 1-4 just to get a chance to get the Commander while guess what Tankers EU just has to play a dam battle in T8 T9 or the T10 regular Italian tanks or the Premium T8 tank i think we should be having the same missions no matter what server we are on RU, EU or NA they release the same tanks for us to play on all servers why cant we have the same missions or you know what at least the same length of time if you are going to force NA to do harder missions....NA has from May 11 till May 18 while over on EU they have until June 1st to play just a battle and win that commander yep sounds fair and that is typical WG doesn't care about ALL of it's players and making the missions the same for ALL players but then complain when someone does something they don't like well i wonder why WG you screw over players to benefit other players maybe it's time to eat your own words and make it a fair playgame by making missions and stuff the same ON ALL SERVERS 

F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #35 Posted May 14 2018 - 14:42

Major

• Players
  • 49273 battles
  • [FATE] FATE

Are the missions sequential or cumulative?  I've only been playing Frontline over the weekend to grind through the Tier 8 with maximum profit mode engaged.

The way it reads, one could actually work towards satisfying criteria for each of the missions at the same time.

One Battle

• Mission #1: Gets 1k experience
  • Mission #2: Gets 1 win
  • Mission #3: Gets 2 vehicles destroyed
  • Mission #4: Gets 3.5k damage dealt

Thus, it wouldn't be impossible.

Danksy #36 Posted May 14 2018 - 14:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37795 battles
  • [DANK] DANK

View PostLife_In_Black, on May 10 2018 - 20:44, said:

I have to say, the amount of work and effort you want for a single special crew member is ludicrous. Maybe for a whole four-person female crew it would be worth it, but for a single commander with Sixth Sense, I don't care how famous the guy might be. Swing and a miss Wargaming, swing and a miss.

0 skill crews double your rate of training for that crew member... seems like pretty little work considering they can be completed at the same time... by the time you complete any of them you should be mostly done with the others.   Assuming you have only this ONE special crew member, 1000xp = 2000xp for him, and 1000 for the other 3, which 5000 vs 4000 is 25% increase in training and subsequently a 25% reduction in time needed to level crew, or games needed to play to level up... QUITE WORTH IT... 

Stupid its free 6th sense tho, I already got a female commander, and wanted to listen to the Italian ladies voice, not some dumb soccer player, I mean, he could be my loader or something, but can't retrain the Sixth Sense if its a ZERO skill...

KingsFive #37 Posted May 14 2018 - 20:52

Private

• Players
  • 39864 battles

if you complete a mission, does the 10k go to the tank your driving at completion or does it go to free xp?

edit, nevermind goes on tank that completes mission

Edited by KingsFive, May 14 2018 - 21:48.

Lexers615 #38 Posted May 14 2018 - 22:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15511 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

One week to grind all those loop jumping missions, while the average player didn't get past tier V with Italian tanks... And I'm not talking about the kill stealing issue inherent to all missions requiring kills (you know, that aimbot Pz B2 that won't do a thing but shoot that killing blow on all tanks in the round, finishing up with a Top Gun, but less than 200 total damage dealt, while most tanks will have dealt nearly twice that damage but won't have "earned" a single kill)

Another mission to promote modding and cheating, and to give a freebie to all sorts of wallet warriors OR modders and cheaters, while steadily driving honest players away...

Lexers615 #39 Posted May 14 2018 - 22:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15511 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostRetroMan55, on May 12 2018 - 16:19, said:

Just got him.  Once again, we have to wonder if the mission designers even play this game.  Who cares what he does in "real" life, in the game he is trained for a Tier 1 tank, he is alone (not a crew), the best you can transfer him into is a Tier 2 Light, and if you put him in a Tier 8 Premium he drops to 50%.  If you need to use Tier 4 and up Mediums to get him, why not make it so you can place him in any Tier 4 and up Medium Tank?  Just stupid logic, WG.

Not really worth the grind - except all those 10,000 XP boosts did help with Tier 7 Modules.

Not all players are created equals... A social welfarrer botting during the day and playing with aimbot during the night actually may unlock it in a day. About the same happens whenever they put those freebies loop jumping missions.

On the other hand, a honest player that hates those BLIND (very very very limited view range), slow aiming, slow moving, low damage, questionable pen and fragile low tier Italian tank won't grind them past that 9 games mission, so getting 25k Xp in a tier IV or V makes no sense at all as it requires us to play aproximately 30 hours in a week, and unlike WG pets, honest players HAVE A LIFE. Whenever your tier IV or V Italian garbage truck gets pooled in a bottom tier MM, you're totally dependant on your teammates to spot the tanks for you, "tenderize" them for you, distract then when you try aim and shot. Other than then, you're an arguably defenseless two- or three-shots pinata...

This said, I more or less also accidentally explained why the playerbase has shrunk by 55% in two years, though a lot more factors also contribute to this, like rigged MMs and rock bottom customer support.

RetroMan55 #40 Posted May 15 2018 - 01:28

Captain

• Players
  • 80276 battles
  • [DWING] DWING

View PostLexers615, on May 14 2018 - 15:31, said:

Not all players are created equals... A social welfarrer botting during the day and playing with aimbot during the night actually may unlock it in a day. About the same happens whenever they put those freebies loop jumping missions.

On the other hand, a honest player that hates those BLIND (very very very limited view range), slow aiming, slow moving, low damage, questionable pen and fragile low tier Italian tank won't grind them past that 9 games mission, so getting 25k Xp in a tier IV or V makes no sense at all as it requires us to play aproximately 30 hours in a week, and unlike WG pets, honest players HAVE A LIFE. Whenever your tier IV or V Italian garbage truck gets pooled in a bottom tier MM, you're totally dependant on your teammates to spot the tanks for you, "tenderize" them for you, distract then when you try aim and shot. Other than then, you're an arguably defenseless two- or three-shots pinata...

This said, I more or less also accidentally explained why the playerbase has shrunk by 55% in two years, though a lot more factors also contribute to this, like rigged MMs and rock bottom customer support.

Not sure exactly what your point is/was, but this mission reward was stupid on a second front - WG already gave us a 100% trained crew for the 3000.

As a tip for saving time on such missions in the future.  Take a few minutes to go through the tank line you are going up and look for cross-over modules.  Things like guns, radios and engines that are standard equipment modules on tanks 1 or 2 tanks up the line.  Skip unlocking those modules, until you open up the tank where they are standard equipment.  Once opened there, they will be unlocked on the previous tanks.  In most cases you will save 10,000 to 25,000 XP that you will be able to apply to the unlocking the next tank in the line you are working on.

Another tip is buy the silver equipment suspension instead of unlocking the standard upgrade suspension, saving that XP to come back and finish later after you have the next tank or two unlocked.  In tiers 6 and 7 this will cost, on average 200,000 silver and save you 7,000 to 9,000 XP towards unlocking the next tank that much sooner. 

These two steps can speed the climb up the tech tree substantially.  You will save much more using this on Tiers 8-10.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users