• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Gnomon #1 Posted May 11 2018 - 15:11

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 783 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Happy Friday, everyone! 

Just wanted to let you know about the upcoming weekend!

You can earn triple XP for your first win and work on multiple events. Italian Tank Line Missions, Frontline: Road to Glory, and more! 

If you want all the details, be sure to check out our portal article with links to all of the events: x3 XP Weekend & Other Events

Hope you have a great weekend! 

Edited by Gnomon, May 11 2018 - 15:44.

Da_Craw #2 Posted May 11 2018 - 15:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 25840 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5
Gnomon, even though it clearly says x3 for the first win on the linked page, somebody will scream to high heaven that you didn't make that clear and they cancelled a trip to Hawaii to take advantage of every battle having x3 xp.  Just a heads up.

Gnomon #3 Posted May 11 2018 - 15:44

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 783 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostDa_Craw, on May 11 2018 - 08:28, said:

Gnomon, even though it clearly says x3 for the first win on the linked page, somebody will scream to high heaven that you didn't make that clear and they cancelled a trip to Hawaii to take advantage of every battle having x3 xp.  Just a heads up.

​Thanks, made sure I added it in there to make things clear :)

RRR3 #4 Posted May 11 2018 - 17:06

Major

• Players
  • 23022 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
I though we would have a larger sale/weekend sale for Victory in Europe this weekend. Not just that one day of 2x exp that did not apply to the Front line battle mod. I thought World War II was a big thing, but I feel WG NA is neglecting its end. In prior years WG did more during the VE week/weekend.

nasfan #5 Posted May 11 2018 - 17:29

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 24517 battles
I'll mow your lawn for free, if you can hook us up with a skill reset/crew retraining sale.  Too many purchased tech tree tanks I can't play yet.  Jonesing right now...

Austin8585 #6 Posted May 11 2018 - 19:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 10854 battles

EU is getting a X5 this weekend, AND consumables 50% off, equipment 50% off, garage slots 50% off, And Reg Tier 8-10 15% off.  And all we get is a measly X3 for a first win?????? 

***Are you serious????

So tell me, why is NA server getting screwed again?   Last year this event you had discounts, this year you forgot us???  Why does the EU server get better discounts/rewards/contests than NA?  Please WG Explain, I want to know.

Also please explain why EU gets the "Month Long Prizes" with chance to earn Binocs, Toolbox, Camo net, Personal Reserves, Premium Consumables, and NA gets NOTHING?  WHY is NA getting screwed AGAIN?   Don't make this political, I did nothing to you.  This month after month of giving EU great rewards and NA crap is starting to make me tilted.   I'm not giving $ to you when I can clearly see we are getting shafted, it's not political it's out of principle for me.  I support you regardless where you are RU, you should do the same to NA players.  You think you are sanctioning NA or something? -Because my wallet is closed....so it works both ways if you want to treat NA like this.  I have spent well over $300 in the past on just my account alone (so I'm not a freeloader) but I'm giving you $0 until I see it fixed.  Yes it needs to be fixed, NA is getting screwed.  You just hurt your NA playerbase by offering us crap compared to EU.  I came back this weekend to see news of discounts and we don't get them once AGAIN, so I won't be playing tanks this weekend.  Waiting on discounts to load out my tanks to play (and buy tanks I have unlocked waiting for tank discounts).  So keep discounts away and I keep my $ away and spend on other things :D.   I have 0 gold in my account for the last 3 months and it can stay like that until I see a change.  I want to support you, I do, but not when you are CLEARLY shafting us/NA.

-And every-time I see this in the future, I will make a post comparing rewards to make sure our NA players know we are getting screwed!  Don't spend your $$$$ NA Players!!!  The disparity between EU rewards and NA getting nothing keeps getting worse every month!  I will spend $ on a company that treats us fairly, NOT on a company that screws NA over compared to EU, it's nothing short of getting screwed over on rewards/discounts and you know it.  It IS a form of you sanctioning NA players of your GAME.  Or please take the stage WG and explain, I would love to hear YOUR reason why we don't get discounts and EU gets them all the time.  You are making us pay more to play the same game, Period.  *And, the cost of playing your game continues to Rise for NA, unlike for EU (because of all their discounts, 500k credit weekends, month long prizes etc that we in NA never get).  Maybe you should readup on "Walmart".  Making things cheaper, and getting more people, made them #1.  You are doing the opposite.  Charging more, giving less, not usually a good business strategy.

Edited by Austin8585, May 11 2018 - 22:22.

Da_Craw #7 Posted May 11 2018 - 21:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 25840 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

Play an EU account.  Problem solved.  Or not.  The constant refrain on the EU forums is how EU gets screwed and NA gets all the good stuff.  Here is a recent sample:

The campaign I just started against the hypocrisy of the WG European office. The behaviors of the WG European office acting as hypocritical and second-class human beings on the European server players are not new, but Defender's case was the last drop of glass to me. It is a hypocrisy that while many players are waiting for this tank to sell for a long time in here, while they are selling in America, Asia (nobody is hiding that server is different excuse), they are not sold in Europe.

These and other hypocrisies must not be tolerated. I do not accept this second-class customer treatment that the WG applies to European server players and I do not buy anything from WG, until they change this policy.

OP. the NA server population is so small (with no significant new blood coming in),

that WG has to have a lot more sales and promos and missions, and whatever else, just to keep the current playerbase happy and interested ...

for better and for worse ...

Edited by Da_Craw, May 11 2018 - 22:03.

Austin8585 #8 Posted May 11 2018 - 22:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 10854 battles

They need to learn a different business mindset.  Charging more does not increase players.  This game is VERY expensive to play properly, and do well at, nobody can argue.  1 Digital tank is $50, and you can't even TEST it before you throw $50 at it.
They are taking the mindset that they have to charge more to make $.

Look at Walmart.  Less $, a ton more people can afford.  Success.  Case made.  WG needs to review.  Making $20 from 100,000 customers is better than making $50 for a tank off 200 people.  They are only hurting themselves charging so much and reducing discounts etc.  I can't afford to play at full price, and I am just the voice of 1 that is pretty well off.  I can imagine alot of US players cannot afford to play this, get frustrated and leave...or don't even try.  Its too expensive and that is reducing player-base.  Reducing discounts makes me spend even less.  So is it helping?  That's how I would pitch WOT.  It's fun, but practically unaffordable. 

The more $ they make, the more they can advertise, the $ money they make from pulling people in from that advertising etc.  I guarantee you if more people saw their awesome ads on TV at night, and everywhere they went, alot more people would be playing this awesome game.  -But because they don't have the $ to do that advertising because they charge so much $ to the few......they can't do the advertising to grow the game the way they SHOULD.  WG just doesn't get it.  Their game costs to much for 95% of the world, so their customer base is only 5% lol.  Maybe 1 day they will get it....or not.

Edited by Austin8585, May 11 2018 - 23:16.

SgtFtKnox #9 Posted May 13 2018 - 19:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 48854 battles
  • [FATED] FATED
Well, nice of you to post this on the last day of the event. Started on 5/11 and is posted on 5/13. Like they didn't want people to know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users