• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Gnomon #1 Posted May 11 2018 - 15:34

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 629 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hey, everyone! 

I have a bit of news I'd like to discuss with you regarding the Object 268 Version 4, as it is one of the most discussed tanks this year. 

Some people (mostly those driving it in battle) love this TD, while others dislike seeing it on the battlefield. Still, everyone agrees it’s well armored and mobile. 

We’ve been monitoring the 268 v4 battle statistics ever since it was released and kept close track of its stats. We do see that the tank is overly efficient in combat, and we are going to do our best to address this. 

Excellent armor helps it survive to the end of battles and deal more damage than it should. Mobility allows the 268 v4 to reach map sweet spots quickly, and its aiming parameters let it shoot almost right after stopping.

So, today we’re launching the Supertest for the Object 268 Version 4 with updated technical stats. It will keep characteristics/traits of the original: protection, mobility, and a gun that can hit very hard at close (and medium) range. However, it won’t be as powerful as it is now.

How are we going to achieve this? First, we correct the armor by weakening the vulnerable areas. Currently, these areas don’t live up to their names: when you hit a hatch or the lower front plate of the 268 v4, the chance of penetration is far too low. So, the commander hatches and the LFP of the Supertest version will be thinner than the current tank.

Second, we reduced the mobility and the aiming parameters slightly. The horsepower is lowered by 10%, and the aiming time is increased to 2.3 seconds. To compensate, the hull traverse dispersion is also lowered. 

We understand the 268 v4 is popular with the community, and we’ll do our best to keep the gameplay similar while making the balance fairer.

This is the first round of Supertests, so the Object 268 Version 4's stats may be changed in the future, depending on the results. So please follow the news, and be sure to let us know what you think of the changes! 

Thank you and see you on the battlefield! 

CabbageMechanic #2 Posted May 11 2018 - 15:37

Senior Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 7811 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
:)

CapPhrases #3 Posted May 11 2018 - 15:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 7035 battles
  • [TXV] TXV

good to see nerfs happening

still I don't think the dispersion on hull traverse should have been buffed. just leave it a straight nerf IMO

Wouldyoulookatthetime #4 Posted May 11 2018 - 15:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8048 battles
  • [MUTT] MUTT

thank god. i am impressed with WG lately. they have actually been listening to the community!!!

the birthday camo was a step in the right direction. Keep up the good work!!

P.S. does anyone know when the next stage of customization will come out?

thanks

Devildog8 #5 Posted May 11 2018 - 16:04

Major

• Players
  • 9919 battles
  • [BOLTS] BOLTS
Finally :great:

mlinke #6 Posted May 11 2018 - 16:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 48295 battles
HahahahahhhHa. Make people grind for it to get it. Spend their free xp and buy some excange with gold... Then... Nerf it out to oblivion..  or remove it! Kind of became wg modus operandi. I m so happy I left this game so I do not have to see all tanks I love taken away like li 122 54. Gg wg.

Cognitive_Dissonance #7 Posted May 11 2018 - 16:07

Major

• Players
  • 38017 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

Despite the folks who will be upset about the nerfs, using the old adage of "I ground to this tank, it is unfair, I want my money back" - this is due. I have one, yes it is fun, but it needs balanced. I have played this game long enough to understand there is give and take for balance, and if this weeks OP vehicle gets balanced so be it. Anyone who has played this game long enough understands this is good for the game.

My only advice for folks who XP dumped to get to it, enjoy while you can, and then be happy WG is listening to the community as a whole.

DieselDog79 #8 Posted May 11 2018 - 16:21

Captain

• Players
  • 31190 battles
yep cave to the baddies that can't track and flank a casement TD that wants to fight them head on.   No I don't own this TD

CapPhrases #9 Posted May 11 2018 - 16:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 7035 battles
  • [TXV] TXV

View PostDieselDog79, on May 11 2018 - 10:21, said:

yep cave to the baddies that can't track and flank a casement TD that wants to fight them head on.   No I don't own this TD

in a corridor

when he has back up

and reusable repair kits

Bolted_On #10 Posted May 11 2018 - 16:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 59844 battles

View PostCognitive_Dissonance, on May 11 2018 - 15:07, said:

Despite the folks who will be upset about the nerfs, using the old adage of "I ground to this tank, it is unfair, I want my money back" - this is due. I have one, yes it is fun, but it needs balanced. I have played this game long enough to understand there is give and take for balance, and if this weeks OP vehicle gets balanced so be it. Anyone who has played this game long enough understands this is good for the game.

My only advice for folks who XP dumped to get to it, enjoy while you can, and then be happy WG is listening to the community as a whole.

NO, WG is NOT listening to the community "as a whole".    As always, they listen to the whiners and complainers who never learn the game mechanics, stumble their way to tier X, and then can't compete because they are still incompetent tomatoes.  This has been going on for years, and is one of the main reasons that the current player base is so terribly inept and clueless. 

Kehox #11 Posted May 11 2018 - 16:48

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12362 battles

those change are soo minor... if only WG doesnt needed to wait until someone making a youtube video to make the change

when a tank is more played than the skorpion g in 2 week it might be a sign that tank is broken totally and/or overperform

Edited by Kehox, May 11 2018 - 16:51.

Almighty_Johnson #12 Posted May 11 2018 - 16:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20975 battles
  • [JOY] JOY
Of course it gets a nerf.....   Because I finally decided to get one.  LOL.....   How come I don't get to seal club the world?

TommyBuns #13 Posted May 11 2018 - 17:04

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8104 battles

View PostAlmighty_Johnson, on May 11 2018 - 10:49, said:

Of course it gets a nerf.....   Because I finally decided to get one.  LOL.....   How come I don't get to seal club the world?

That's exactly why I didn't bother going up that line. Figured I was too late, and by the time I got there, or got close this'd happen. If WG's business model is anything, it's certainly predictable. Now what's the new OP tank they're releasing? Object 277? The cycle begins anew....lol.

Cognitive_Dissonance #14 Posted May 11 2018 - 17:04

Major

• Players
  • 38017 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

View PostBolted_On, on May 11 2018 - 09:47, said:

NO, WG is NOT listening to the community "as a whole".    As always, they listen to the whiners and complainers who never learn the game mechanics, stumble their way to tier X, and then can't compete because they are still incompetent tomatoes.  This has been going on for years, and is one of the main reasons that the current player base is so terribly inept and clueless. 

Yeah, I am a clueless terribad, sorry I commented on a tank I own and feel is bad for the game, especially when tooned by 2 or 3 players.

Nunatak73 #15 Posted May 11 2018 - 17:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10486 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

This game is geared for mediocrity. When statistics show on overwhelming outlier it should be a quick and easy fix.

Hopefully this will encourage more balanced tank lineups in Clan wars and Advances. Seeing 6-12 Object 268 V4's against you is a bit frustrating.

Seguita #16 Posted May 11 2018 - 17:43

Captain

• Players
  • 45846 battles
  • [X-T7] X-T7
well,.. i think that the best change would be add frontal weak spot  like as JPZ e-100 and done.

CrashBandicoot1 #17 Posted May 11 2018 - 17:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 8709 battles
  • [-SDS-] -SDS-
This is amazing, now I get to be penned in the lower plate by heat spamming meds, in addition to being already penned in the upper 100 mm plate by heat every single time. No words, bravo. The tank sucks in face hugging already due to the angle of the upper plate and the weakness towards heat rounds. Hull traverse is already atrocious. I am disappointed, hopefully yall pull your head out of the deep dark place before this goes live.

Tupinambis #18 Posted May 11 2018 - 17:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 35621 battles

View PostCrashBandicoot1, on May 11 2018 - 17:46, said:

This is amazing, now I get to be penned in the lower plate by heat spamming meds, in addition to being already penned in the upper 100 mm plate by heat every single time. No words, bravo. The tank sucks in face hugging already due to the angle of the upper plate and the weakness towards heat rounds. Hull traverse is already atrocious. I am disappointed, hopefully yall pull your head out of the deep dark place before this goes live.

oh bummer, just slamming on the W key and driving forward into an enemy with wreckless abandon isn’t going to work anymore

Tupinambis #19 Posted May 11 2018 - 17:51

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 35621 battles

View PostBolted_On, on May 11 2018 - 16:47, said:

yeah it’s just the trrribads who think there might be an issue with a tank that’s outperforming all of its peers by almost 10pts.

CrashBandicoot1 #20 Posted May 11 2018 - 18:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 8709 battles
  • [-SDS-] -SDS-

View PostTupinambis, on May 11 2018 - 16:49, said:

oh bummer, just slamming on the W key and driving forward into an enemy with wreckless abandon isn’t going to work anymore

​Ha, Ha, Ha...when I do that I die within the first minute of the game, against positioned enemies you cannot just press the W key, do you even v4? Do you have the tank? When I face them I obliterate them with ap, all you have to do is hit the lower lower plate if you are anywhere below level, the 100 mm upper upper plate if you are using heat or anywhere above level, the mega weak front wheel if the object is over angling, the cupola if you are an omega Russian med heat spammer. You cannot confidently press W when facing any tank with a lot of pen or heat rounds above 330 mm pen. I swear omega's like you ruin the game by crying too much :P, get one and then you will see how easy it is to track one then spam it's weakspots. Fact is, the weakspots are extremely weak if you just track the tank and move your position to either below or above the tank, they become 225/230 effective. GLHF out there. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users