Frontlines for Dummies!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Realign #1 Posted May 11 2018 - 20:52

Captain

• Players
  • 27851 battles
  • [RS] RS

Chapter 1 (The only chapter because the guide is for dummies :P)

What is Frontline?

Frontline (or frontlines if playing multiple times...) is an alternate game mode introduced by WG in May 2018.  You select it via the 'game type' selector beside the battle button.  In the current iteration only tier 8 tanks are permitted.  The map is approximately the size of 9 maps combined with 9 grid squares.  You start automatically at one of the first 3 zones on the south end of the grid, either attacking or defending A/B/C objectives.  You capture them like a cap circle in random mode, with the exception that damage doesn't reset the cap points (only killing the tanks does).  You can freely travel between the grids (though defense is prevented from entering the spawn areas on the extreme south where attackers start) and choose different grids upon respawns (though there is a maximum number of players in an area that locks the spawning option temporarily in a crowded grid).  The attackers capture points to earn more time in which to win the game, and the final objective is to reach and destroy 3/5 gun batteries in the North.

Other Differences from Random Battles

• Respawns
    • If your tank is destroyed in frontlines you can respawn.  You obtain 'lives' as time goes on with a maximum of two lives held in reserve.  As long as you have a life available you can respawn in about 20 seconds.  However, a destroyed tank is locked out for repairs for several minutes so you will need to choose a different tank upon destruction.  Have 2-3 available minimum for when you die.
  • Repairs
    • There are stations you can enter that resupply and repair your tank.  Getting damaged while inside these stops the repair/resupply and there is a cooldown on their usage
  • Recon Flights/Artillery Strikes/Air Strikes/Smoke/Inspire/Engineering
    • You can unlock these through playing the mode and can 'equip' them to your tanks.  Different tank classes can equip differing numbers of these

What's the same in frontline?

RNG and all standard mechanics like penetration and vision still apply.  Ignore people raving about rigged mode is rigged.

So how do I make all those dank credits and XPs I see people talking bout?

Ideally have your clan activate reserves.  Then activate personal boosters.  Choose 2-3 mobile, high pen, low shell cost premium tier 8s (if you want credits), any tier 8 you're grinding (if you want xp) or any combination therein.  From there you need to hit the highest rank you can since the rank bonuses are huge.

• Don't shoot premium ammo often- like for real, its tier 8 only....
  • Try and stay alive/use the repair stations if practical to do so
  • Kills (especially on tanks capturing points) seem to be more valuable than pure damage
  • Use the flanks
  • Play in a platoon for great success and bonus enjoyment
  • Rake in the credits and some easy mode tier 8 grinding

(And yes, editing the picture took longer than the writing :P)

PapioTitan #2 Posted May 11 2018 - 21:07

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 39761 battles
It's "Frontline". Drop the s. Thanks for participating.

Realign #3 Posted May 11 2018 - 21:08

Captain

• Players
  • 27851 battles
  • [RS] RS

View PostPapioTitan, on May 11 2018 - 15:07, said:

It's "Frontline". Drop the s. Thanks for participating.

Taking the liberty of adding the S to denote frontline in plural form because people should play it more than once  :B  Also, there is no way I bother fixing the image...

DeathbyGMaC #4 Posted May 11 2018 - 21:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29874 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
Thanks for the Post, but now you opened yourself for questions. hahaha on you! When I play, do I control the "Recon, Arty and Airstrikes"? I guess smoke would be cool too.  I've only played twice and it was very confusing for me to dodge bullets AND figure the game out. Any other tricks or information you got? Seems like I could play a LT, light the Enemy and then "Call in' the Arty and Airstrikes. Sounds good, just got to know a strategy. Both times I played I was on defense and that's easy, shoot and don't get shot. Thanks for the guide and help.

Realign #5 Posted May 11 2018 - 21:59

Captain

• Players
  • 27851 battles
  • [RS] RS

View PostDeathbyGMaC, on May 11 2018 - 15:32, said:

Thanks for the Post, but now you opened yourself for questions. hahaha on you! When I play, do I control the "Recon, Arty and Airstrikes"? I guess smoke would be cool too.  I've only played twice and it was very confusing for me to dodge bullets AND figure the game out. Any other tricks or information you got? Seems like I could play a LT, light the Enemy and then "Call in' the Arty and Airstrikes. Sounds good, just got to know a strategy. Both times I played I was on defense and that's easy, shoot and don't get shot. Thanks for the guide and help.

You do!  You press buttons 7, 8, or 9 to activate the appropriate thing (number depends on what you have unlocked/equiped/how many depends on tank class).  Artillery brings up normal SPG overhead reticle.  Air strike/recon/smoke etc you click once to place the template, then you use the mouse to rotate the line/direction and click again to launch.  They all do have substantial cool downs.

SenaKashiwazaki #6 Posted May 11 2018 - 22:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 15560 battles
  • [-L-L-] -L-L-

I love these For dummies things...

Nice Info!

Edited by SenaKashiwazaki, May 11 2018 - 22:57.

DeathbyGMaC #7 Posted May 11 2018 - 23:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29874 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_

And do I care what tier I am? thanks again!

ZYKLOP_ #8 Posted May 20 2018 - 06:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24905 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

Do any accrued but unused Combat Reserve points reset to zero when you reset Prestige?

I have reset once and had used up all the points I had gained for the useful things and then also smoke and recon. This time through I have only used points to maximise Air Strike, Arty and Engineering. I have a lot of points unused. Will these be immedialty available when I reset and start the third time grinding?

Springfield_Fats #9 Posted Jun 17 2018 - 08:51

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10246 battles
Rip Frontlines, the only good addition in like 2 years.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users