Jump to content


Did WG mess up the Jadgpanther 2?

Jadgpanther 2 German TD Tank Destroyer WG Ferdinand Tier 8

  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

CGrease #1 Posted May 14 2018 - 00:25

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 13566 battles
  • 54
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011

Did WG somehow mess up the jadgpanther 2's gun mantlet? 3 times in a row, i was shot where the armor is allegedly supposed to either be the thickest or absorb the shot. wtfshot2.jpg

 

The model shows that if you pretty much just aim at the gun (a large portion of it anyways) its only 120mm of armor regardless of angling.Jadgpanzermodel.png

However on the Ferdinand, the thinnest armor on the gun mantlet is 200mm and even if it does penetrate, the shot will be absorbed. Compared to the 120mm spot on the Jadgpanther 2, the 200mm area on the Ferdinand is almost non-existent in the models.   Ferdinandmodel.jpg

 



Huey_Long #2 Posted May 14 2018 - 00:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 24043 battles
  • 14,334
  • [AWOO] AWOO
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013
Just because its the gun mantlet doesnt mean it will be auto bounced. Just like the Lowe or VK, shooting the mantlet is actually a good thing. You can pen the Lowe or VK 7201K/Pz VII's gun mantlet.

CGrease #3 Posted May 14 2018 - 00:38

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 13566 battles
  • 54
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011
True, but they still have the advantage of having a rotatable turret as well as a minimum thickness of 200mm. The Jadgpanther 2 has no option but to literally aim its weak spot at enemy tanks. The superstructure of this tank use to be a redeeming quality (besides its mobility). Anything that has 250 pen can already easily pen the superstructure (most people spam gold anyways) and there are spots below the gun that are only 100mm thick. Idk when it happened, but somewhere along these patches it just got riddled with weak spots everywhere. I'm just sorely sad since this use to be my favorite tank to play.

WaywardChild #4 Posted May 14 2018 - 00:41

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 32415 battles
  • 797
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
  • Member since:
    11-27-2013
Hated the JP2 and always wished I had gone Ferd……..You just can't beat armor.

mworthy #5 Posted May 14 2018 - 00:42

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 10490 battles
  • 865
  • [941ST] 941ST
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011
It's German which means it's armor layout is worthless

Kamahl1234 #6 Posted May 14 2018 - 00:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 18393 battles
  • 10,078
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012

View PostCGrease, on May 13 2018 - 23:38, said:

True, but they still have the advantage of having a rotatable turret as well as a minimum thickness of 200mm. The Jadgpanther 2 has no option but to literally aim its weak spot at enemy tanks. The superstructure of this tank use to be a redeeming quality (besides its mobility). Anything that has 250 pen can already easily pen the superstructure (most people spam gold anyways) and there are spots below the gun that are only 100mm thick. Idk when it happened, but somewhere along these patches it just got riddled with weak spots everywhere. I'm just sorely sad since this use to be my favorite tank to play.

 

When did you last play it? As this has been the case for a very very long time. Like I'm talking years. For a very long time the mantlet was poor on it, and it was the collar and superstructure that was strong largely due to angles. 

_Katyusha___ #7 Posted May 14 2018 - 00:50

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 14217 battles
  • 805
  • [AWOO] AWOO
  • Member since:
    09-17-2016

Nerf a fantasy tier VIII TD that was based on an alternate and discarded design for the real, tier VII jadgpanther?

 

Yes please



CGrease #8 Posted May 14 2018 - 00:54

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 13566 battles
  • 54
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011

View PostKamahl1234, on May 13 2018 - 23:44, said:

 

When did you last play it? As this has been the case for a very very long time. Like I'm talking years. For a very long time the mantlet was poor on it, and it was the collar and superstructure that was strong largely due to angles. 

I took a break from WoT For about 5-6 months and just recently began playing again a month ago. I only started getting penned a lot in the mantlet after patch 1.0. Maybe people are becoming more privy on where to shoot or there just taking pot shots and getting lucky. Can't remember when i got this tank (don't play nearly as much as most people do) but i do remember bouncing a lot on the superstructure and mantlet that's for sure.



_Gungrave_ #9 Posted May 14 2018 - 01:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 42202 battles
  • 16,299
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011
The chance of people penning you there is quite slim given how most will try to just overmatch your superstructure, pen your LFP, or go through the idler wheels.

CGrease #10 Posted May 14 2018 - 01:03

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 13566 battles
  • 54
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011

View Post_Gungrave_, on May 14 2018 - 00:00, said:

The chance of people penning you there is quite slim given how most will try to just overmatch your superstructure, pen your LFP, or go through the idler wheels.

 

My first picture says otherwise. I was shot 3 times from 3 different tanks at different times. That's not very slim, if it is, then i just have the worst luck or they have the best RNG.

_Gungrave_ #11 Posted May 14 2018 - 01:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 42202 battles
  • 16,299
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostCGrease, on May 14 2018 - 01:03, said:

 

My first picture says otherwise. I was shot 3 times from 3 different tanks at different times. That's not very slim, if it is, then i just have the worst luck or they have the best RNG.

 

Question then is what shot you and did they use gold as those are also important factors. So far all I've seen is pictures showing that you obviously faced someone and didn't even wiggle your tank to skew shots.

mrmojo #12 Posted May 14 2018 - 01:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 20035 battles
  • 2,511
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-
  • Member since:
    07-24-2011
It is literally a big block of butter.

Russian copies aren't.

_Gungrave_ #13 Posted May 14 2018 - 01:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 42202 battles
  • 16,299
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View Postmrmojo, on May 14 2018 - 01:14, said:

It is literally a big block of butter.

Russian copies aren't.

 

Its less a "block of butter" and more like power creep victim like most 8s because years ago most tanks would struggle to pen a Jpanth when hull down but when it went HD I think they changed the armor a bit.

NeatoMan #14 Posted May 14 2018 - 12:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 25918 battles
  • 17,837
  • Member since:
    06-28-2011
pretty much every german tier 8 tank is a piece of crap.  It's done on purpose.

CGrease #15 Posted May 14 2018 - 15:26

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 13566 battles
  • 54
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011

View Post_Gungrave_, on May 14 2018 - 00:12, said:

 

Question then is what shot you and did they use gold as those are also important factors. So far all I've seen is pictures showing that you obviously faced someone and didn't even wiggle your tank to skew shots.

I forgot to get photos of those, but i do remember that they were regular AP rounds which is why i was surprised. If they were gold rounds i would just mutter something about "#WorldofGoldshells" and move on. These shots were not head on, even if they were it should be hard pressed for them to still penetrate unless it was an TD. Also forgot to mention that this was on FL, so it was only tier 8. Two of the three tanks that shot me were the T44-FL and the T32-FL



_Gungrave_ #16 Posted May 14 2018 - 16:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 42202 battles
  • 16,299
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostCGrease, on May 14 2018 - 15:26, said:

I forgot to get photos of those, but i do remember that they were regular AP rounds which is why i was surprised. If they were gold rounds i would just mutter something about "#WorldofGoldshells" and move on. These shots were not head on, even if they were it should be hard pressed for them to still penetrate unless it was an TD. Also forgot to mention that this was on FL, so it was only tier 8. Two of the three tanks that shot me were the T44-FL and the T32-FL

 

Probably the T44...I can't imagine a T32 having a chance in hell of penning your gun mantlet.

Die95 #17 Posted May 15 2018 - 06:39

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 97406 battles
  • 267
  • Member since:
    05-08-2011
With the newly reworked SU-101, Jagdpanther II is no longer worth it. SU-101 has much better armour and similar top speed with better hp/ton ratio, and IMO the SU-101 340mm HEAT round is better than the JP II 311mm APCR.

mworthy #18 Posted May 15 2018 - 07:47

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 10490 battles
  • 865
  • [941ST] 941ST
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011

View PostDie95, on May 15 2018 - 00:39, said:

With the newly reworked SU-101, Jagdpanther II is no longer worth it. SU-101 has much better armour and similar top speed with better hp/ton ratio, and IMO the SU-101 340mm HEAT round is better than the JP II 311mm APCR.

I would hardly call the 101 better honestly I can't enjoy the thing anymore. It's armor is relatively unreliable gun takes to long to reload for the playstyle they've imposed on it and can't turn worth a crap. Though I'm probably still salty over that entire update



_Gungrave_ #19 Posted May 15 2018 - 08:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 42202 battles
  • 16,299
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View Postmworthy, on May 15 2018 - 07:47, said:

I would hardly call the 101 better honestly I can't enjoy the thing anymore. It's armor is relatively unreliable gun takes to long to reload for the playstyle they've imposed on it and can't turn worth a crap. Though I'm probably still salty over that entire update

 

The entire playerbase is salty and pissed over that update. Can't get shots on the 264 before it pulls back to safety and half the time I have to fight one there is 3 red stat losers in arty spreading "dynamic gameplay" all over the skilled players.

mworthy #20 Posted May 15 2018 - 20:02

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 10490 battles
  • 865
  • [941ST] 941ST
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011

View Post_Gungrave_, on May 15 2018 - 02:26, said:

 

The entire playerbase is salty and pissed over that update. Can't get shots on the 264 before it pulls back to safety and half the time I have to fight one there is 3 red stat losers in arty spreading "dynamic gameplay" all over the skilled players.

Salty yes but not for same reasons I have






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users