Game suddenly won't launch!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Rikki127 #1 Posted May 14 2018 - 03:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5122 battles
  • [DODMD] DODMD

So all of a sudden WOT doesn't launch on my iMac -- and yet it has been fine for months until just today.  Instead, when I click the Play button on the client screen, I get a window saying "The program dxdiag.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."  Since I know "exe" is a windows file I wonder if the problem is with the Mac wrapper.  I am running an iMac with OS X 10.11.6.  I tried reinstalling the game again from scratch and it still doesn't launch! 

The one thing that comes to mind that might have affected things is that today I downloaded an app called Synapse from Razer in an effort to set up a new pair of headphones with my computer.  I doubt that it's related but it's the only thing that I can think of that's different so I just thought I'd mention it.

Please help!  Thank you!

Blucraft #2 Posted May 14 2018 - 04:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8291 battles

Open a ticket with support, they may be able to assist you.

-Blu

Rikki127 #3 Posted May 14 2018 - 11:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5122 battles
  • [DODMD] DODMD
Thanks.  I wasn't sure how to do that but when I went to the WG site/support I found that they listed a series of known issues, one of which matched my situation.  (I recently downloaded a Razer Synapse driver, which was the source of the problem.  Uninstalled it, presto, back in action!)  Just in case anyone else has this issue I figure I'd mention it here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users