Learning how to play the VK 30.0 P

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

TheLegendaryFang #1 Posted May 14 2018 - 08:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3993 battles
  • [JKN] JKN
Okay.. so yea... title says it all. I just got the VK 30.01 P, it's 90% stock, and I'm already hating it, is there a reason behind the community loving this tank, because I surely don't like the armor values .. 76 mm frontal is horrible in tier 6. Well to get back to the topic, does anyone experienced have any ideas on how to play this tank in stock form to maximize my experience gain.. kinda need a lot of a EXP to get the better modules. I always get "Learn to play Noob" in the chat after dying quite easily, (Here again, its not the gun, its not the engine or my horrible WN8, its the horrible armor), but no one ever seems to send a Pm on "*HOW TO PLAY THE VK 30.01 P STOCK*" and all the videos and guides I watch are all after the tank has been completely researched and has all these fancy modules like a vert. stabilizer and such, I need a guide on how to play this tank effectively so I can get the damage and be able to research the better guns...  20+ battles in it and I'm getting max exp of about 90 per battle... (This tank needs an armor buff badly)

Any help is appreciated, hate comments and salt.. already get enough in-game

ZzimonZzL #2 Posted May 14 2018 - 09:19

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21922 battles
  • [SNACH] SNACH

Just play it like a tiger and free xp to the top gun, is pen/dmg is pretty good for his tier. Also, when you are top tier bully those lower tier, they gonna have a hard time pen you without gold.:coin:

Edited by ZzimonZzL, May 14 2018 - 09:23.

Not_Connery #3 Posted May 14 2018 - 10:36

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6907 battles

The answer to why the community loves it so much is because we have elited it and are no longer playing it "90% stock".

EVERY tank sucks to some degree when stock; just stick with it, grind out the modules (or use free xp if you have it), and you'll start to love it.

If you have xp boosters (both combat xp and free xp), run them.  Then make sure that you don't press up to fast (though if you have the stock engine, you have abyssmal acceleration, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem).

Know when a flank is lost and don't try to hold a flank by yourself if you are stock - you have neither the armor nor the mobility yet to pull that off against anything but tanks of tiers lower than you (and not even some of them).

Use sniping tactics as much as possible.  Double bush and always have an exit strategy (keeping in mind that you will take longer to get away from the enemy because of your slower engine).

After the tracks, the first module you should grind out should probably be the short 88.  You don't need the upgraded turret in order to mount it and it will allow you to begin hurting the enemy with a noticeable upgrade in both pen and alpha damage in comparison to the stock gun.  You might be tempted to unlock the engines first so that you can get to the battle faster, but if you get to the battle fast but carrying a pea-shooter, you won't be able to do any damage and you will get harvested for xp and credits.

After you get the short 88, then start grinding out the second engine.  At this point, with the better gun, the grind should be going slightly better for you.

Once you grind out the second engine, it's kind of up to you whether to go for the top engine or the top turret.  Personally, I'd go for the top turret first as that gives you an additional 20mm of armor and iirc a rof increase (I may be wrong about the rof increase, though).  That top turret allows you to be a bit more effective when hull down.

Once you fully upgrade this tank, though...

IT

IS

AMAZING

Itissomuchfunican'tevenbegintotellyouhowmuchfunitis :teethhappy:

Stick with it, buddy...  We've all been there before, and we'll all be there again with some other grind. :great:

Edited by Not_Connery, May 14 2018 - 10:54.

ZzimonZzL #4 Posted May 14 2018 - 10:59

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21922 battles
  • [SNACH] SNACH

View PostNot_Connery, on May 14 2018 - 10:36, said:

Itissomuchfunican'tevenbegintotellyouhowmuchfunitis :teethhappy:

Stick with it, buddy...  We've all been there before, and we'll all be there again with some other grind. :great:

+1

IX_Zann #5 Posted May 14 2018 - 11:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40618 battles
+ 1

Insanefriend #6 Posted May 14 2018 - 12:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38815 battles

View PostCreedly_Assassin, on May 14 2018 - 01:39, said:

(This tank needs an armor buff badly)

The tank is a medium not a heavy, so armor wise it is all ready pretty good at tier six.  Only thing that beats it is a Sherman jumbo, which is really more of a heavy tank.  

Otherwise grind out all the modules and get that crew to 100%.  Only show your turret to the baddies if possible, as your best armor is there.  Make sure you toss on equipment if you have the credits for it.  Binoculars and a repair kit at the minimum, aim for vents and a rammer to go with the binoculars.

You are still very new to the game, if you can find someone that has been at it for awhile and is willing to platoon/give you tips it helps.  There is a lot to learn and tier six is where the game really starts to have all the game mechanics matter. 

MacDaddyMatty #7 Posted May 14 2018 - 12:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 26659 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Good advice here.

Stock = atomic wedgie. Avoid always.

The VK 30.01Porsha is a GREAT tank.

Think of it as the Cromwells bigger, slightly less intelligent older brother.

It has decent speed, a surgically accurate gun, great view range, and a very good HP pool.

In Strongholds, run it either right behind the Cromwells (fast flanker), behind the T-34-85s (close support).

OR, shut down an entire flank and get resets with your view range and gun.

In Pubs, play midrange support and clean up at the end with your HP pool.

GL!

o7

MacDaddyMatty #8 Posted May 14 2018 - 12:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 26659 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostInsanefriend, on May 14 2018 - 06:29, said:

You are still very new to the game, if you can find someone that has been at it for awhile and is willing to platoon/give you tips it helps.  There is a lot to learn and tier six is where the game really starts to have all the game mechanics matter. 

Come by anytime and we'll work with you on it.

We have training the 1st Thurs of the month as well (stronghold training and other good stuff).

Get the VK-P upgraded and avoid brawling with it.

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, May 14 2018 - 12:36.

Peak_Bagger #9 Posted May 14 2018 - 15:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16221 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

View PostCreedly_Assassin, on May 14 2018 - 08:39, said:

Okay.. so yea... title says it all. I just got the VK 30.01 P, it's 90% stock, and I'm already hating it, is there a reason behind the community loving this tank, because I surely don't like the armor values .. 76 mm frontal is horrible in tier 6. Well to get back to the topic, does anyone experienced have any ideas on how to play this tank in stock form to maximize my experience gain.. kinda need a lot of a EXP to get the better modules. I always get "Learn to play Noob" in the chat after dying quite easily, (Here again, its not the gun, its not the engine or my horrible WN8, its the horrible armor), but no one ever seems to send a Pm on "*HOW TO PLAY THE VK 30.01 P STOCK*" and all the videos and guides I watch are all after the tank has been completely researched and has all these fancy modules like a vert. stabilizer and such, I need a guide on how to play this tank effectively so I can get the damage and be able to research the better guns...  20+ battles in it and I'm getting max exp of about 90 per battle... (This tank needs an armor buff badly)

Any help is appreciated, hate comments and salt.. already get enough in-game

OP, this is currently my favourite tank in the entire game. It has one of the highest WN8's of all of my tanks. Once you get the top gun, it shines. I do believe it has the best gun of any Tier VI medium tank. Combine that with good mobility and you've got a hard-hitting and flexible tank.

Perhaps it's just me, but the better I get in this game, the more I value mobility over armour. If I had started playing this tank at just 2,000 games, I wouldn't have done very well in it. Since I only started playing it at about 10,000 games, I think I was more ready for it. It's just plain fun.

In sum: Mobility + Firepower = Awesomeness

RUDl #10 Posted May 14 2018 - 16:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3198 battles
  • [G-M-U] G-M-U
when you master that baby you will fall on all tiers below you with a speed of a falling star !!

Not_Connery #11 Posted May 14 2018 - 17:43

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6907 battles

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on May 14 2018 - 12:36, said:

Get the VK-P upgraded and avoid brawling with it.

Exactly.  That is one thing that I forgot to mention in my original reply - NEVER brawl in the VK 30.01 P - Harass

When the enemy's attention is briefly drawn somewhere else, peek out and take a shot, then pull back.  Annoy the enemy.

Peak_Bagger #12 Posted May 14 2018 - 19:44

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16221 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

View PostNot_Connery, on May 14 2018 - 17:43, said:

Exactly.  That is one thing that I forgot to mention in my original reply - NEVER brawl in the VK 30.01 P - Harass

When the enemy's attention is briefly drawn somewhere else, peek out and take a shot, then pull back.  Annoy the enemy.

Well put! Except that you're not really just annoying the enemy - you're whacking him in the shins with a baseball bat!

TheLegendaryFang #13 Posted May 15 2018 - 02:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3993 battles
  • [JKN] JKN

Thanks for all the kind replies, and good information, I'll see about putting it to good use. The thing is I prefer armor to mobility, just because I've been playing so many slow, heavily armored TDs

I just have to get on that painful grind up. 
Thanks again! 

Edited by Creedly_Assassin, May 15 2018 - 02:39.

Ken_McGuire #14 Posted May 15 2018 - 03:22

Captain

• Players
  • 28760 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

It has been a while since I have played the VK P - but I remember the following:

https://tanks.gg/com...romwell~t-34-85 compares it with some of its peers....

1) Stock it can barely move, and the gun just doesn't do the job at all...

2) Elite is is quite fast going from point A to B. It has an accurate gun with a better alpha damage than its peers (except the Skoda T-40 premium which has the same gun). In addition it has usable frontal turret armor with a gun mantlet.

3) Best way to play it is to put a big boom into distracted enemies and then reload in cover - taking no damage.

4) That said, if you are facing a single target, you will almost always win on one-for one trades - especially if they can be baited into bouncing off your gun mantlet.

5) Try to avoid close range "knife fights". Your turret turns pretty slow and so a Cromwell can flank you and make you look stupid. Instead, make the Cromwell look stupid by following #3 and 4.

Of course, that all is about the elite version. A stock version with a bad crew cannot dictate the conflict like an elite tank with a good crew can.

TankFullOfBourbon #15 Posted May 15 2018 - 06:34

Major

• Players
  • 26186 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6
Grinding stock tanks suck. They are often worse then the elited tank one tier lower, so it's a matter of sucking it up or Free XP. I am grinding the P.43 bis at the moment and I refuse to spend free XP on it but it is a royal p.o.s. in it's stock form. "It's just the way it is, baby".

MacDaddyMatty #16 Posted May 15 2018 - 12:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 26659 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostCreedly_Assassin, on May 14 2018 - 20:39, said:

Thanks for all the kind replies, and good information, I'll see about putting it to good use. The thing is I prefer armor to mobility, just because I've been playing so many slow, heavily armored TDs

I just have to get on that painful grind up. 
Thanks again!

Then stay away from the Germans.

Until the uber-heavies, they are very thin.

The Russian mediums make up armor thickness with slopped armor which is very bouncy.

Try the T-34-85.

TheLegendaryFang #17 Posted May 15 2018 - 18:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3993 battles
  • [JKN] JKN

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on May 15 2018 - 12:32, said:

Then stay away from the Germans.

Until the uber-heavies, they are very thin.

The Russian mediums make up armor thickness with slopped armor which is very bouncy.

Try the T-34-85.

I'll see about trying those then! 
I also got the Tier VI 7,5 L/42 gun for the VK P, haven't upgraded the engines but at least I can start penning tier 8's :D

Edited by Creedly_Assassin, May 15 2018 - 18:29.

Cop3rnic_qc #18 Posted May 23 2018 - 00:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1833 battles
I'm about to finish the  pz. IV h, does the VK 36.01 worth it or should I go for the VK 30.01?

MiddleAgedNoob #19 Posted May 23 2018 - 12:05

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12341 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

View PostCop3rnic_qc, on May 22 2018 - 18:05, said:

I'm about to finish the  pz. IV h, does the VK 36.01 worth it or should I go for the VK 30.01?

The 30.01P is very much worth it, as above, once elited and with a good crew.  If you really do have just 474 battles, you might want to hang around at tier 5 a while longer.  The IV H with the 105 derp is a very fun and forgiving tank, and prints credits to boot.  You build credits, free exp, and have an opportunity to invest in your crew.  I loved the IV H and selling it and moving the crew up was a painful decision.

Edited to add:  You should be aware that the general consensus seems to be that the German lines suffer in comparison with other lines, especially after tier 6.  Another reason not to rush up the line.

Edited by MiddleAgedNoob, May 23 2018 - 12:10.

MacDaddyMatty #20 Posted May 23 2018 - 12:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 26659 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostCop3rnic_qc, on May 22 2018 - 18:05, said:

3001P is a great MT

3001H is a weird tank.

It is listed as a HT, but can't brawl.

You really have to play it as a heavy turreted TD & support tank.

Stay near cover mid range and use the surgical gun to help your allies.

Too far back - you hurt your team.

Too far forward, you die.

Its an "area control tank" as I heard someone call it once.

3601H is similar but has a bit of front armor and is a good intro for the Tiger P.

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, May 23 2018 - 12:27.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users