Learning how to play the VK 30.0 P

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Cop3rnic_qc #21 Posted May 23 2018 - 23:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1845 battles
Thank guys for the advices. Many veterans suggest like you to stick to tier 5 and I plan to do it for a while, but I just look a bit forward in the german line. I would like to try heavies, but the german ones don’t seem to be very user friendly... (am I wrong?) Anyway, I also work on the T-28 (KV Line) and the T-34. As middleagednoob said, the pz. IV H is fun to play with the derp gun, when I can use it as intended... not often as I want!

MacDaddyMatty #22 Posted May 24 2018 - 12:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 28112 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostCop3rnic_qc, on May 23 2018 - 17:51, said:

Thank guys for the advices. Many veterans suggest like you to stick to tier 5 and I plan to do it for a while, but I just look a bit forward in the german line. I would like to try heavies, but the german ones don’t seem to be very user friendly... (am I wrong?) Anyway, I also work on the T-28 (KV Line) and the T-34. As middleagednoob said, the pz. IV H is fun to play with the derp gun, when I can use it as intended... not often as I want!

Pz4H was my fav tank for a long time.

Yes, the German line is VERY unforgiving, and extremely technical to play after tier 5.

They are highly specialized and you really need the basics to understand and enjoy them.

As you have less than 1k battles, I HIGHLY recommend Russian or American MT or HT.

The Russian lines are very forgiving of mistakes, and you will learn how to play the game with less frustration.

The American lines are balanced tanks.

GL

Also, you may want to have a peak here for some good info.

MacDaddyMatty #23 Posted May 24 2018 - 12:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 28112 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

AND...

"On-track" to the IS-7 starts tomorrow!

https://www.clandday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=95&p=823#p823

jairogut #24 Posted May 24 2018 - 16:09

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27503 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostCop3rnic_qc, on May 23 2018 - 23:51, said:

Yep, specially the Tiger I , is not noob nor brawl friendly... Its not the easiest tank to play, but 1v1 can kill (unless the T-29 is hull down) any other tier 7 and many tier 8's because of its DPM and HP. 

jairogut #25 Posted May 24 2018 - 16:10

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27503 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

If you like watching how german tanks may be used, we have a youtube channel for german tanks: GSH WOT... You are welcome....

Sharing one of my battles in the E50. You are welcome to watch other videos on our youtube channel - GSH - German Tanks Only!

jairogut #26 Posted May 24 2018 - 16:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27503 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

I have 3 marks on my VK 30.01P. It is an awesome support tank.... going to give you my advice: 

1. First, keep calm. This tank requires, more than others, to be completely upgraded. Don't rush to die in every battle. 

2. You are not a frontline tank, because of the following reasons: 

- Your cammo sucks (tiger's size tank)

- You are only fast in a straight line but not agile. It is difficult to retreat in that tank. 

- Your hull armour is bad

Keep it as a close-support tank for more nimble mediums (Cromwell's) or more heavily armoured ones (T-34 85, VK 30.02M).

3. Use your turret armour. Its turret is very bouncy against T6-T7 mediums. 

4. Unless having a large advantage, do not attack other mediums openly.. Better trade shots. Your alpha is higher. 

Edited by jairogut, May 24 2018 - 16:19.

Cop3rnic_qc #27 Posted May 24 2018 - 23:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1845 battles

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on May 24 2018 - 12:27, said:

Also, you may want to have a peak here for some good info.

Nice source of information, thx!

TheLegendaryFang #28 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 15:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4803 battles
  • [JKN] JKN

The only real issue besides some of the German tanks being extremely boxy and weak, armor wise, is that if enemy tanks are knowledgeable of German design, they shoot your under plate it destroys or takes out your engine. 

Since I had such a great many replies and people actually helped me understand how to maximize my abilities in the VK 30.01 P, you really never want to go full front against anything that has a chance at taking your lower plates or glacis'. (Unless you're playing a Mäuschen and up to the Maus). So just keep that in mind, do the proper angling for your vehicle or go in guns blazing, just make sure to always try and hide that lower plate, or wiggle while driving to make it hard for them to keep a solid bead on on it ;)

Edited by Creedly_Assassin, Jun 07 2018 - 15:59.

mongoosejake #29 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 17:06

Major

• Players
  • 34265 battles
  • [S-F] S-F

I hadn't responded yet, but there's some good info here. I'm primarily a German tank player (with some US and others mixed in for variety), and the main thing with them is that they require more thought and more patience in order to do well. They have a very high ceiling of capability if played well, but also have a very low floor if played incorrectly. 

Specifically on the Vk30.01P: Run the 8.8 L/56 for sure. That's the reason to get this medium, for that extra punch. The Vk30.01D is there for higher mobility, and the Vk30.02M is the tough, but mobile flanker/sniper. The Vk30.01P is the hard hitting flanking brawler. Using the 8.8 L/56 makes the 30.01P have its own identity.

You can change your gameplay based on your placement in the tiering of the battle.

-If you're top tier, you are going to be up front and using the high alpha of the 88 to force an advantage on a flank. Use the mobility to position yourself in a good spot early (the 30.01P is fairly quick in a straight line, but turns a bit sluggishly) and then keep the gun firing as often as possible. When top tier, you can even brawl in urban areas against heavies "if" you're careful. The alpha helps in brawling exchanges. 

-If you're mid tier, you need to avoid the brawling unless your team has lots of support and you won't be focused on. You're better off working flanks and using your still good alpha to focus on the enemy mediums and lights. Play the second line and be sure to aim for tracks, as the alpha of the 88 is usually enough to knock them off in one hit (75 and 76mm guns can take a couple to do the job) and then you'll reap the benefits of the assisted damage. You play a bit more cautiously, but a fairly typical medium style. Just don't over-extend or let yourself be isolated as the DPM and lower hitpoints of the 30.01p won't let you survive for long against tier 7 lights or mediums.

-If you're bottom tier, you're pure flank support. Your gun is still quite capable of dealing a good amount of damage against the enemy mediums and lights, but now you need to be watchful. A number of tier 8 mediums can take around half of your health (the M4 Rev, T-34-3, T-34-2, or even the Leo with the larger gun for example) in one hit, and most are packing 250 damage guns, as do many of the light tanks at this point. A number of auto-loaders can easily clip you out, so do not get isolated nor be the focus. You're there to lend a hand, and again, using the 88 to hit and track enemies can be a big boost to your team. 

The Vk30.01p is a punchy tier 6 medium that can hit above its weight fairly routinely, but you need to play it to its strengths of alpha and decent armor (the turret can bounce a bit particularly), and avoid its weaknesses of less agility in dogfights, a bit longer reload, and bulky size. Simple rules: have support, don't over-extend, pull back during reload, and always look to fight tanks on your terms. I tend to look for targets with lower damage guns, and force them into trading against me while I have hard cover to protect my hull. Hit them for 220 while they plink back at you with a 75/76mm gun and bounce, miss, or simply deal half of the damage you did. Rinse and repeat. 

TheLegendaryFang #30 Posted Jun 11 2018 - 19:09

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4803 battles
  • [JKN] JKN

View Postmongoosejake, on Jun 07 2018 - 17:06, said:

I hadn't responded yet, but there's some good info here. I'm primarily a German tank player (with some US and others mixed in for variety), and the main thing with them is that they require more thought and more patience in order to do well. They have a very high ceiling of capability if played well, but also have a very low floor if played incorrectly. 

Specifically on the Vk30.01P: Run the 8.8 L/56 for sure. That's the reason to get this medium, for that extra punch. The Vk30.01D is there for higher mobility, and the Vk30.02M is the tough, but mobile flanker/sniper. The Vk30.01P is the hard hitting flanking brawler. Using the 8.8 L/56 makes the 30.01P have its own identity.

You can change your gameplay based on your placement in the tiering of the battle.

-If you're top tier, you are going to be up front and using the high alpha of the 88 to force an advantage on a flank. Use the mobility to position yourself in a good spot early (the 30.01P is fairly quick in a straight line, but turns a bit sluggishly) and then keep the gun firing as often as possible. When top tier, you can even brawl in urban areas against heavies "if" you're careful. The alpha helps in brawling exchanges. 

-If you're mid tier, you need to avoid the brawling unless your team has lots of support and you won't be focused on. You're better off working flanks and using your still good alpha to focus on the enemy mediums and lights. Play the second line and be sure to aim for tracks, as the alpha of the 88 is usually enough to knock them off in one hit (75 and 76mm guns can take a couple to do the job) and then you'll reap the benefits of the assisted damage. You play a bit more cautiously, but a fairly typical medium style. Just don't over-extend or let yourself be isolated as the DPM and lower hitpoints of the 30.01p won't let you survive for long against tier 7 lights or mediums.

-If you're bottom tier, you're pure flank support. Your gun is still quite capable of dealing a good amount of damage against the enemy mediums and lights, but now you need to be watchful. A number of tier 8 mediums can take around half of your health (the M4 Rev, T-34-3, T-34-2, or even the Leo with the larger gun for example) in one hit, and most are packing 250 damage guns, as do many of the light tanks at this point. A number of auto-loaders can easily clip you out, so do not get isolated nor be the focus. You're there to lend a hand, and again, using the 88 to hit and track enemies can be a big boost to your team. 

The Vk30.01p is a punchy tier 6 medium that can hit above its weight fairly routinely, but you need to play it to its strengths of alpha and decent armor (the turret can bounce a bit particularly), and avoid its weaknesses of less agility in dogfights, a bit longer reload, and bulky size. Simple rules: have support, don't over-extend, pull back during reload, and always look to fight tanks on your terms. I tend to look for targets with lower damage guns, and force them into trading against me while I have hard cover to protect my hull. Hit them for 220 while they plink back at you with a 75/76mm gun and bounce, miss, or simply deal half of the damage you did. Rinse and repeat. 

It would also help if I were anywhere near as good as anyone else. I mostly just potato around and get killed. I rarely do above average in any tank (Except for the T67 and  SU-100M1, those were amazing to play). and as with all my random battles I use the entry statement of "Must be nice to be a "good" player"...  :D:D... I suck 98.2% of the time in randoms

Edited by Creedly_Assassin, Jun 11 2018 - 19:10.

MiddleAgedNoob #31 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 19:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13233 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

Just to note that M/10 premium rental currently in everyone's garage has the same crew layout as the 30.01P so you have a crew grinding opportunity for the next few hours....

GLHF

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users