Why Doesn't Arty Take Advantage of Killing Red Arty When Spotted?

Spotting Artillery

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

BillT #41 Posted May 16 2018 - 15:30

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26712 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostEricmopar, on May 14 2018 - 23:08, said:

Yeah, so why when I'm on said hill and pop shotting and spotting all this, sometimes for a couple of minutes... still nothing even when you have like 3 arty.

Even if I leave, the map shows their last location, which is usually where arty still is...

First, with your stats, you have no standing to criticize how others play.  You would be wiser to assume that you don't really understand the game very well yet than to assume every arty player on your team is stupid.

But you deserve some slack because you're a new player with < 1000 games, and almost none of them above Tier 5.  It's OK for you to be inexperienced and unskilled at this point.  Just realize that the same is true for most of the artillery players you're seeing in your low-tier games -- they're still learning, too.    When you get into higher tier play you'll start seeing more experienced SPG drivers.

BillT #42 Posted May 16 2018 - 15:36

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26712 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostSKurj, on May 15 2018 - 07:48, said:

I can tell you where to find the answer:

Play arty

+1, great advice for the OP.   Playing arty yourself teaches you about their limits, esp. how long it takes to aim onto a target.  And better yet, when you play an SPG and see how skilled players make themselves hard to hit, you can adopt those tactics yourself when you play other tanks.

With < 1000 games you needn't start now, but put it on your list of "things I need to do to get better at WOT".

_Red_Saaryn_ #43 Posted May 16 2018 - 16:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15003 battles
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-
Easy, that requires a brain. Arty was made so people with lack of brain functions could play, after all. You don't need all your brain to "click". Often those filthy clickers just prey on low hp tanks never top tier and never other arty in enemy teams, that's because you need a brain to realize that if you focus top tier it will be easier to win. That if you kill enemy arty early by doing counter battery you will save many team mates and make it easier on everyone and also get a medal and bonds and silver bonus at the end of the game

_Kradok_ #44 Posted May 16 2018 - 16:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 27371 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View Post_Red_Saaryn_, on May 16 2018 - 10:10, said:

Easy, that requires a brain. Arty was made so people with lack of brain functions could play, after all. You don't need all your brain to "click". Often those filthy clickers just prey on low hp tanks never top tier and never other arty in enemy teams, that's because you need a brain to realize that if you focus top tier it will be easier to win. That if you kill enemy arty early by doing counter battery you will save many team mates and make it easier on everyone and also get a medal and bonds and silver bonus at the end of the game

1)  Grammar requires a brain as well, doesn't it?

2)  What makes your 'clicking' somehow better than mine in this pixel game?

3)  1 & 2 are rhetorical... (If I wanted to know about Pokémon, you'd be my go-to... for an intellectual conversation...not so much.)

4)  Go back to 5th grade English, and kick your teacher in the junk.

Hurk #45 Posted May 16 2018 - 16:55

Major

• Players
  • 50477 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

View PostEricmopar, on May 16 2018 - 05:08, said:

I meant Pz1c... I don't know why, but I confuse those two.

this **MASSIVELY** changes the frame of discussion.

arty from tier 2-6 is nothing at all like arty from tier 7-10. from tier 2-6 most arty play the old way... hard to hit anything, take forever to aim, have almost no splash range, games are feast or famine based upon the fate of RNG. not to mention some arty at these tiers do not have board range guns, IE they cannot shoot enemy SPGs even if they wanted to because they cannot shoot that far. 

lets take the most OP SPG in game, the premium Lefh tier 5. it has a 105mm gun, it has 2700 potential DPM (that it cannot ever achieve, so ignore that, its only good for comparison)

now lets compare it to a tech tree arty that was "nerfed":

https://tanks.gg/com...x-13-am~m41-hmc

410 damage and a 1.91 explosion radius.  vs the AMX at 445 damage and a 1.91 explosion radius vs the M41 at 550 damage and a 7 meter explosion radius. 

did you catch that... let me highlight the difference between "new" arty and "old" arty:

7 meter explosion radius

thats right... the american gun at 155mm is large enough to meet the requirement for the stun mechanic. as such they give it a HUGE explosion radius. this affects the HE damage calculation tremendously, and its why the AMX at tier 5 is one of the worst arty in game. (its a crippled lefh, even with its damage bonus, while all other arty had damage nerfs)

tier 2-5, most arty are basically terrible derp tanks. 

_Red_Saaryn_ #46 Posted May 16 2018 - 17:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15003 battles
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-

View Post_Kradok_, on May 16 2018 - 16:16, said:

1)  Grammar requires a brain as well, doesn't it?

2)  What makes your 'clicking' somehow better than mine in this pixel game?

3)  1 & 2 are rhetorical... (If I wanted to know about Pokémon, you'd be my go-to... for an intellectual conversation...not so much.)

4)  Go back to 5th grade English, and kick your teacher in the junk.

So, not finding any other way to defend yourself just use the language excuse?. It must be very hard for you to only know English. Otherwise you would be able to find any other way. 

There is a difference. A HUGE difference between a filthy clicker and an arty player. A filthy clicker will prey on low hp tanks not caring about anything else (not even if an all is facehugging that tank. He would take both down) no allies, no top tier and surely no arty. Now an arty player would ask allies to point enemy arty location, it would focus fire top tier and derper while constantly moves just in case the enemy also have an arty player and not a filthy clicker. 

A good comeback requires a brain too. The evidence you show reveals how much of a filthy clicker you are. It must be annoying for your team to see you click randomly in the map while they are obliterated by an enemy top tier or arty.

;D

Edited by _Red_Saaryn_, May 16 2018 - 17:40.

Lil_Bunny_FooFoo #47 Posted May 16 2018 - 20:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16688 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-

I will pop enemy arty as soon as I see them.  They are a priority for me when I play arty for several reasons.  First, because they are literally the biggest threat to me for the first half of the match.  Yes, an occasional scout or medium will make it through the lines and get me early on.  But most of the time when I get hit as an arty, it is from another arty player on the other side shooting counter battery.  Of course, this isn't helped by the drooling [edited]on my own team who think parking their arty right next to mine is a brilliant idea.  But that is another story.  I also target the enemy arty because they can slow up my team, and do a lot of damage if they aren't taken out quickly.  And finally, they are one of the few vehicles that I can reasonably expect to derp with a single shot.  So by all means, keep lighting them.

_Kradok_ #48 Posted May 16 2018 - 20:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 27371 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View Post_Red_Saaryn_, on May 16 2018 - 11:39, said:

So, not finding any other way to defend yourself just use the language excuse?. It must be very hard for you to only know English. Otherwise you would be able to find any other way. 

There is a difference. A HUGE difference between a filthy clicker and an arty player. A filthy clicker will prey on low hp tanks not caring about anything else (not even if an all is facehugging that tank. He would take both down) no allies, no top tier and surely no arty. Now an arty player would ask allies to point enemy arty location, it would focus fire top tier and derper while constantly moves just in case the enemy also have an arty player and not a filthy clicker. 

A good comeback requires a brain too. The evidence you show reveals how much of a filthy clicker you are. It must be annoying for your team to see you click randomly in the map while they are obliterated by an enemy top tier or arty.

;D

SMH....

13Jake55 #49 Posted May 16 2018 - 21:59

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15139 battles
Counter battery is a main objective. As stated earlier arty has long reloads and aim times. Some have minimal splash and need direct hits and lower tiers you have range problems. Also if they are on reverse slopes the shell will hit the fro t slope or go over the arty.

Edited by 13Jake55, May 16 2018 - 22:00.

scHnuuudle_bop #50 Posted May 16 2018 - 22:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 17105 battles
  • [MUG-T] MUG-T

View PostBillT, on May 16 2018 - 15:30, said:

First, with your stats, you have no standing to criticize how others play.  You would be wiser to assume that you don't really understand the game very well yet than to assume every arty player on your team is stupid.

But you deserve some slack because you're a new player with < 1000 games, and almost none of them above Tier 5.  It's OK for you to be inexperienced and unskilled at this point.  Just realize that the same is true for most of the artillery players you're seeing in your low-tier games -- they're still learning, too.    When you get into higher tier play you'll start seeing more experienced SPG drivers.

Mr Mopar, you have your feedback, time to run, this thread has now devolved into nothing more than artillery bashing anyway. 

Bill, I do not think he was criticizing , he seems to be asking a question, and wondering why people fail to take advantage of his scouting, especially artillery.

He says he pings the map and asks in chat, as long as he is not one who pings more than twice , he is just pointing targets out, not demanding loudly.

BillT #51 Posted May 16 2018 - 23:16

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26712 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View Post_Red_Saaryn_, on May 16 2018 - 11:39, said:

How wonderfully disingenuous.  You start off saying:

Block Quote

Arty was made so people with lack of brain functions could play, after all. You don't need all your brain to "click". Often those filthy clickers just prey on low hp tanks never top tier and never other arty in enemy teams, that's because you need a brain to realize that if you focus top tier it will be easier to win. 

which invites the reader to assume "filthy clicker" describes all arty players. 

But when pressed you say, "Oh no, it only applies to some arty players, and there's no way you can know which ones I mean or even if any such players exist."  I don't need to criticize your grammar to point out that if you use words which mean nothing to your audience, that's stupid no matter how well you write them.

Of course, I wouldn't expect much better from morons named Red (Oh, don't get mad.  I didn't say YOU are a moron.  There's a HUGE difference between morons named Red and good players named Red.  See how that works?)

o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7 #52 Posted May 17 2018 - 06:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 423 battles
  • [ITDED] ITDED
because artillery players are braindead and only xvm focus. they see nothing else

Raptor_alcor #53 Posted May 17 2018 - 12:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 367 battles
Artillery, the thing in the game that can have 20-50 second reloads, have an aim time of about 5-15 seconds and still has a very huge circle that shells can land in... most of the time when I try to arty the enemy arty is dead long before I can even rely on my shell getting to the target. 

QuicksilverJPR #54 Posted May 17 2018 - 16:35

Major

• Players
  • 24801 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View Posto7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7, on May 17 2018 - 00:51, said:

because artillery players are braindead and only xvm focus. they see nothing else

And how do you describe mouthy trolls with nothing better to do in forums or in game?

scHnuuudle_bop #55 Posted May 17 2018 - 22:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 17105 battles
  • [MUG-T] MUG-T

View Posto7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7, on May 17 2018 - 06:51, said:

considering about 25-30% of players have XVM installed, this is a myth. 

As for the rest, grow up, your opinion about players is really not wanted, find somewhere that   topic is relevant or shut up.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #56 Posted May 19 2018 - 02:40

Major

• Players
  • 28064 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostEricmopar, on May 14 2018 - 18:39, said:

I have a question.

Since I have almost full camo and binoculars on my Pz1C now, I'm sometimes able to get behind the red lines and spot the red arty just sitting in the open.

I'm wondering why the green arty never takes advantage of this to get rid of an obvious threat on the map?

I can call in a strike both in chat and highlighting the grid, but nothing happens.

Same with OP tanks out in the open too.  It seems logical to take them out when they aren't under cover and just sitting there shooting, but rarely does green arty respond to take out the most dangerous targets.

Sometime the reds are just sitting all clumped together, another perfect arty target and again, nothing...

Lets not prioritize a type 5, we might win...

Edit do to brain fart.

On low tier, and some mid-tier arty, they can't shoot clear across the map, so counter-battery is often low priority or out of the question.  As for higher tier arty.....their not always reloaded......not all have the same skill/know which tanks should be priority or are trying to stop a push that you're not aware of. 

MoDeM_FoX #57 Posted May 28 2018 - 23:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 6852 battles
  • [IMBAD] IMBAD

View PostThe_Pushok, on May 15 2018 - 02:57, said:

-some have a long reload

-they could be aimed at other things, requiring to shift, wait for the aim time, can take some time for this

-higher priorities going on at the time

-cannot actually hit it due to obstacle

-tunnel vision, not paying attention to chat/pings

-out of range

-maybe they are just idiots

Some other reasons I find when playing arty is:  

- Light tank got there before arty are even in position, and then dies before I ever get to take aim.

- Weaker or Stronger flank needs help more to win, vs swinging the whole way across the map and waiting for the super long aim time.

- I know where it is and can counter arty in a minute or two, and don't require it to stay lit because I can verify it's still there when it takes a shot and I see it's position.

Tedsc #58 Posted May 29 2018 - 05:12

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29118 battles

View PostEricmopar, on May 15 2018 - 03:39, said:

I have a question.

Since I have almost full camo and binoculars on my Pz1C now, I'm sometimes able to get behind the red lines and spot the red arty just sitting in the open.

I'm wondering why the green arty never takes advantage of this to get rid of an obvious threat on the map?

I can call in a strike both in chat and highlighting the grid, but nothing happens.

Same with OP tanks out in the open too.  It seems logical to take them out when they aren't under cover and just sitting there shooting, but rarely does green arty respond to take out the most dangerous targets.

Sometime the reds are just sitting all clumped together, another perfect arty target and again, nothing...

Lets not prioritize a type 5, we might win...

Edit do to brain fart.

At Pz1C  tier, arty reloads pretty fast but has poor range.  Enemy arty is often not in range at low tiers.  At higher tiers ( like the Type 5 you reference) the reload is in excess of 30 seconds so they may be aimed at what you spot but not yet able to fire.  

Also tagged with Spotting, Artillery

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users