Play for Fun

play for fun

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

GenPanzer #1 Posted May 15 2018 - 12:43

Major

• Players
  • 38837 battles

So, with Frontline, can everyone, even the most hardened stat lover out there, see how it is possible to play this game JUST for fun?

I have read many posters about the new FL say it's great fun and they don't care if they win or lose because it doesn't show up on their records.

This is the mentality of about 80% of the player base in pubs, except they don't care if it shows up on their record. I really hope this overall FUN mentality carries over to pubs when this FL mode is over.

Nudnick #2 Posted May 15 2018 - 12:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 23907 battles
FL is all I play anymore. When it ends I'll just wait until it comes back.

Duqe #3 Posted May 15 2018 - 12:58

Major

• Players
  • 25846 battles
  • [BERT] BERT

Good players play for fun also.

Bad players are just brain damaged and somehow accepted being bad as being something that is enjoyable. Bad players saying "I don't play for stats, I play to have fun" just don't understand anything.

View PostNudnick, on May 15 2018 - 12:58, said:

FL is all I play anymore. When it ends I'll just wait until it comes back.

I fear that, if they should remove FL, I might just stop playing.

_Tsavo_ #4 Posted May 15 2018 - 12:59

Major

• Players
  • 40951 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I feel like I still make mad money and experience in frontline win or lose.  I don't get the same in pubs.

I still want to win any game I'm in, but frontline doesn't punish defeat like pub games.  That's where it's way more enjoyable.  Not the win or the loss, but the punishment for losing is taken away.

In the end, I play for fun, pubs or no.

Awestryker #5 Posted May 15 2018 - 13:05

Major

• Players
  • 25184 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 15 2018 - 06:59, said:

I still want to win any game I'm in

Yea I just don't get "play for fun"...to me, winning is fun...winning = fun...losing, not so much fun...

Its just the way I am programmed I guess....to always try and improve...

Edited by Awestryker, May 15 2018 - 13:05.

URU_Fox #6 Posted May 15 2018 - 13:47

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 30984 battles
  • [_B-Z_] _B-Z_

The experience and credits punishment for losing in random battles is what should be different to make the game a little less frustrating. That way players who didn't do anything (win or lose) don't get anything. Winning should be a fixed experience number, not a percentage.

Frontline makes the game more enjoyable, no doubt about it. But it's not only for not caring about win or lose, the mode itself is well thought (although not 100% well implemented bugs wise). And it's a new thing after the boring repetition that comes with randoms.

DeathbyGMaC #7 Posted May 15 2018 - 13:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30651 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
I agree with all, but I had to learn about myself first. FL kind of got frustrating for me in the beginning, it seemed like no one was working together and we would get smoked and lose. Same as in Pubs but in Pubs it is a 3 minute game, not a 8 minute game. Lingering pain drives me nuts. Then I realized it was me that wasn't working with the team and things got a lot funner. Go figure....

stalkervision #8 Posted May 15 2018 - 13:59

Major

• Players
  • 58440 battles

So what some people are actually saying here, once their argument is deconstructed a bit, is that people should play much better becase it ruins their stats if they don't and they can't have any " fun" whatsoever  without good stats because of some kind of insecurity about playing arcade games in a casual manner. The argument that people can't have fun without winning at a higher level would obviously be moot for them if the people posting that argument were not affected by other players win ratios and xvm stats.  I say play exclusivly in clans battles then if ones win ratio and stats in a arcade game are so importent to ones self. Don't saddle your insecurity on others.

Just saying..

Joe150 #9 Posted May 15 2018 - 14:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23586 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G
That's all I play for anymore.No more nasty PMs sent just congrats or nice banter and no one on my black list.FL is fun win or lose people need to relax.

Bad_Oedipus #10 Posted May 15 2018 - 14:17

Captain

• -Players-
  • 38165 battles

Front Line was more fun in first few days.  Now that all the better players figured out all the loopholes, games tend to be more one sided.  The crossing of the initial zones is a big one, cause al of the sudden Zone B needs to defend against 20+  tanks, while C and A are just holding still til it's their turn.  Then again on offense I see bad teams take all scorpions and other unarmored tanks and try to cap one at a time.

It's fun when you have 10 tanks brawling in a cap circle, once teammates (and opponents) realize that coordination is important.

GenPanzer #11 Posted May 15 2018 - 14:19

Major

• Players
  • 38837 battles

View PostDuqe, on May 15 2018 - 06:58, said:

Good players play for fun also.

Bad players are just brain damaged and somehow accepted being bad as being something that is enjoyable. Bad players saying "I don't play for stats, I play to have fun" just don't understand anything.

I fear that, if they should remove FL, I might just stop playing.

So you don't have fun in FL? Wait, if they remove it, you won't play at all, so you do think FL is fun, win or lose, even with the same brain dead players? Why would that be? Just wondering.

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 15 2018 - 06:59, said:

I feel like I still make mad money and experience in frontline win or lose.  I don't get the same in pubs.

I still want to win any game I'm in, but frontline doesn't punish defeat like pub games.  That's where it's way more enjoyable.  Not the win or the loss, but the punishment for losing is taken away.

In the end, I play for fun, pubs or no.

So, if you played only premium tanks in pubs, would you say that would eliminate the credit issue. And if you played premiums, then the XP really isn't that big a deal. It's the grinding of stock tanks that make winning in pubs that much more important and stressful and rage inducing to those that don't perform well enough to get the win? But, just like you and many others not caring about winning or losing FL, why can't anyone else not care about the same things you care about in pubs? Why are they they "bad guys"?

View PostAwestryker, on May 15 2018 - 07:05, said:

Yea I just don't get "play for fun"...to me, winning is fun...winning = fun...losing, not so much fun...

So you don't have fun in FL unless you win?

View PostURU_Fox, on May 15 2018 - 07:47, said:

The experience and credits punishment for losing in random battles is what should be different to make the game a little less frustrating. That way players who didn't do anything (win or lose) don't get anything. Winning should be a fixed experience number, not a percentage.

Frontline makes the game more enjoyable, no doubt about it. But it's not only for not caring about win or lose, the mode itself is well thought (although not 100% well implemented bugs wise). And it's a new thing after the boring repetition that comes with randoms.

There is a big difference in credits due to running more premiums in FL, unless you don't and are still seeing a higher than normal credit increase. XP I would say is probably more, but it's pretty close, per tank in my experience. I think there's also more chances to do more damage per tank in FL than in pubs, so that might explain the bump in XP. Not to mention the multiple capping circles that may increase your XP gains.

Whisky_A_Go_Go #12 Posted May 15 2018 - 14:19

Major

• Players
  • 9939 battles

View PostDuqe, on May 15 2018 - 06:58, said:

Wrong. They understand it perfectly. They're just having fun without putting any real life stock into a free-to-play pixel tank game.

It's you that seem to believe right clicking while ASDW'ing in a free-to-play game is somehow a litmus test for how you are in life.

__WarChild__ #13 Posted May 15 2018 - 14:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 17646 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE

Front Line is an incredible mode to me (and also a bit of a social experiment).  I have to run it vanilla so I don't have a clue which team is better and it doesn't matter really in FL really.  I compete with myself and try to reach General in every game AND win.  If I get General but we lose, at least I know I accomplished something. 

My Problem: I've never made credits or gotten bonds as much as I have with FL.  It makes me want to play it all day, every day while it is here.  If I'm running boosters and my clan does too, I'll make 300-400,000 credits a game and I usually get 40 bonds to go with it.  I had a good run yesterday getting General 3 games in a row with 1.1M Credits and 120 Bonds.  That, in and of itself is addicting to me.  Because I'm trying to make as much hay as the sun is shining, I'll be glad when this mode goes away for a bit.  However, I'm hoping that it will be a regular recurrence in some way, shape or form because it really is enjoyable on so many fronts.

Have to say that I love everything about WoT, but this Front Line has taken my enjoyment to another level.  +1 Wargaming on FL!

__WarChild__

Duqe #14 Posted May 15 2018 - 14:26

Major

• Players
  • 25846 battles
  • [BERT] BERT

View PostGenPanzer, on May 15 2018 - 14:19, said:

So you don't have fun in FL? Wait, if they remove it, you won't play at all, so you do think FL is fun, win or lose, even with the same brain dead players? Why would that be? Just wondering.

Prove to me that you can read, and I'll give you an answer when that happens.

__Mystic #15 Posted May 15 2018 - 14:28

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 25371 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
I dont understand how theres people that average 500 damage a game at tier 10 and think its fun. Thats the same as saying you enjoy getting your [edited]kicked every 5 minutes.

__WarChild__ #16 Posted May 15 2018 - 14:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 17646 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE

View Post__Mystic, on May 15 2018 - 07:28, said:

I dont understand how theres people that average 500 damage a game at tier 10 and think its fun. Thats the same as saying you enjoy getting your [edited]kicked every 5 minutes.

Do not worry about this.  I promise you that if we're in a match together, you'll be on the Red team and those 500 dmg players will ALL be on my team.  I promise!

GenPanzer #17 Posted May 15 2018 - 15:38

Major

• Players
  • 38837 battles

View PostDuqe, on May 15 2018 - 08:26, said:

Prove to me that you can read, and I'll give you an answer when that happens.

I was gonna respond with a long explanation of the thought process, but this response answered all I need to know from you. Thanks for your participation.

Duqe #18 Posted May 15 2018 - 15:56

Major

• Players
  • 25846 battles
  • [BERT] BERT

View PostGenPanzer, on May 15 2018 - 15:38, said:

I was gonna respond with a long explanation of the thought process, but this response answered all I need to know from you. Thanks for your participation.

My participation ends when I choose to stop posting here, or when your thread gets locked and deleted.

Deputy276 #19 Posted May 15 2018 - 16:03

Major

• Players
  • 19013 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

An old adage that I will modify..."fun is in the eye of the beholder". For those who are still in school and will probably never understand what that means, the translation is nobody can tell you or judge for you what is fun. A long time ago I used to post a list of "why people play WOT". Fun was on the list, but the list included 25 other reasons and there are probably more than that. Why people play varies greatly, many times depending on the age of the person as well as what he wants to get out of the game. Here's a partial list...

People play for:

1. The historical reasons, limited as they may be.

2. For the nice-looking maps.

3. To hear the guns go BOOM and other special effects

4. For "stats"

5. For strategy reasons

6. For bragging rights and to be able to feel superior to others (this is linked to stats)

7. Because they haven't got the testicular fortitude to actually join the military and become a tanker (REAL tankers will understand that one):teethhappy: 

8. Because they need something to "let off steam" after a day at work

There is just 8 reasons from my old and failing memory. As to Frontline, I am not a fan of it and have no urge to play even one game of it. I have tried other modes of WOT and they all left me with a meh opinion of them. I also don't like the idea of zombie game play. In Random, when you are dead, you're dead. No coming back to life over and over. Frontline adds too much "gaminess" to WOT for my tastes. 

Flarvin #20 Posted May 15 2018 - 16:08

Major

• Players
  • 50925 battles

View PostAwestryker, on May 15 2018 - 07:05, said:

I have won plenty of boring matches, and have had very fun loses. 

So I just don’t get “winning = fun.”

Also tagged with play for fun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users