Front Line Survey - Comments Encouraged

FrontLine

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: FrontLine - should it be permanent game mode? (162 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you think FrontLine should be permanent game mode?

1. Yes (133 votes [82.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.10%

2. No (29 votes [17.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.90%

Do you like that FL is tier 8 only?

1. Yes (115 votes [70.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.99%

2. No (47 votes [29.01%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.01%

Having experienced FL, do you think you will play less randoms until it returns?

1. Yes (94 votes [58.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.02%

2. No (68 votes [41.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.98%

Do you like FL more than random battles

1. Yes (110 votes [67.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 67.90%

2. No (52 votes [32.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.10%

Would you buy a Premium tank to play FL

1. Yes (70 votes [43.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.21%

2. No (92 votes [56.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.79%

Vote Hide poll

MetGreDKo #61 Posted May 19 2018 - 20:36

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 20369 battles
  • [R-7] R-7

View PostCandelaZ, on May 19 2018 - 14:29, said:

nothing to contribute?

I already did friend.

View PostMetGreDKo, on May 16 2018 - 18:15, said:

For those who asked, front line lasts until June 3rd 2300 PT, which is June 4th 0200 ET: https://worldoftanks...ry-regulations/

So far as the mode itself, it's the most fun I've had in tanks in literally years and is the type of mode tanks should have been on creation. It has adequate variety within the match with another lawyer of thinking required, strategic and not just tactical. The response and repairs permit risk taking while not making you feel overly punished if it doesn't work out. At the same time RNG may still screw you but as there is constant action and you're not immediately out of the fight for the rest of the match its psychological impact is mitigated; you're always focused on what's next.

Currently the maps do need work as spawn camping is a possibility though in most cases you can bypass it entirely and push the other fronts until some of them are forced to help defend or permit you to destroy objectives. Still, the maps do need work. Time frame may also need to be increased to permit attackers to stand an adequate chance. It's still early to tell though as the meta game is only really taking shape but attackers are more hurt by passiveness. A lot just don't want to push up and take advanced positions, such as on F. Instead they hang back looking to get shots but don't realize they could get better shots closer up and can at the same time protect the cap.

The credit and XP earnings are wonderful and should remain the same, not be nerfed (which I fully expect to happen).

CandelaZ #62 Posted May 19 2018 - 20:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 7007 battles
  • [PALM3] PALM3

View PostMetGreDKo, on May 19 2018 - 20:36, said:

I already did friend.

not particularly to my comment.

MetGreDKo #63 Posted May 19 2018 - 20:52

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 20369 battles
  • [R-7] R-7

View PostCandelaZ, on May 19 2018 - 14:39, said:

not particularly to my comment.

What more is there to say? You put out very little damage so of course you won't make credits. Aim for double it as a low bar. I also don't know how many times you died. For that little damage you may have died far too much.

CandelaZ #64 Posted May 19 2018 - 23:14

Private

• -Players-
  • 7007 battles
  • [PALM3] PALM3

View PostMetGreDKo, on May 19 2018 - 20:52, said:

What more is there to say? You put out very little damage so of course you won't make credits. Aim for double it as a low bar. I also don't know how many times you died. For that little damage you may have died far too much.

Actually part of the reason i was going negative was because the "FREE" FL tanks costs lot to repair. Now im swimming in silver but not even close to 100k as everyone is mentioning.

TheGipper22 #65 Posted May 19 2018 - 23:35

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 25936 battles

Maybe I should make a FL poll myself that is a bit broader and lets people say things like 

-  Frontline wasn't too interesting to me but I understand lots of other people like it - keep the gamemode for others but I won't play it much

it would be nice also to sort into sub questions so we could let people self assess as  , poor player, below average, average, fairly good , very good, unicom  and see if there was a difference in whether skill influenced taste.

I'm not sure what I don't really like about it but it feels a bit zergy to me ?

.. I'm not a particularly good player but I enjoy playing at lower tiers with other scrubs like me being the majority ( that would be tier 6) or even lower where I got superior crews and game experience plus better play skills than other high game count players at tier 4 and 5 .  --- That could have some big part of my lack of fun with frontline.

What is the positive pull of normal randoms over FL for me beyond the tier 8 and higher skill oponents issues?

- playing randoms at tier 6 and below, I feel like my choices have a lot to do with the outcome of the game -  not just how I aim but my choices.

- randoms feel more like checkers than a skill contest with a joystick and stuff and have a nice little story that unwinds to them (maybe the FL would be more fun to predict and see unwind after I played it more -  but playing a game you're part spectator via the mini map and part player.

-  I like a variety of maps - driving around in the clouds and vegetation and hills etc is a probably a big part of the fun of playing for me ... kinda like flying around and harvesting nodes in an MMO

Also tagged with FrontLine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users