Front Line Survey - Comments Encouraged

FrontLine

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Poll: FrontLine - should it be permanent game mode? (216 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you think FrontLine should be permanent game mode?

1. Yes (178 votes [82.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.41%

2. No (38 votes [17.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.59%

Do you like that FL is tier 8 only?

1. Yes (151 votes [69.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.91%

2. No (65 votes [30.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.09%

Having experienced FL, do you think you will play less randoms until it returns?

1. Yes (121 votes [56.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.02%

2. No (95 votes [43.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.98%

Do you like FL more than random battles

1. Yes (149 votes [68.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 68.98%

2. No (67 votes [31.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.02%

Would you buy a Premium tank to play FL

1. Yes (93 votes [43.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.06%

2. No (123 votes [56.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.94%

Vote Hide poll

notsonooby #41 Posted May 16 2018 - 18:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 3910 battles

Randos have been horrible the past week. I've been stuck bottom tier more often m or not and I've been seeing superior numbers on a flank crumple and lack of aggression/teamwork on my team. I'd be the carrying aggressor but tanks don't exactly have armor meaning I can only be so effective..

For reference, I have actually been playing my IKV 65 more as a scout flanker than a sniper. I've also been taking point in my crommie and commie (both of which only give lucky bounces)

Elbroth #42 Posted May 16 2018 - 21:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32147 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE

View PostNudnick, on May 15 2018 - 06:27, said:

I'm done with grinding and random battles. When there's no FL I won't play.

I agree.. The random battles is Tired and very old.

Frontline is a great place to renew your passion for Tanks.. Respawns are nice, Arty and Air Strikes are fun... Even the repair nodes are a Plus.. Whats not to like about Frontline other than not getting XP fro tanks that you are grinding.

I would even add that Tier 10 could be a frontline mode. But Tier 10 only.. Tier 9 is a grind leve to 10 no need to add that into the mix

Flarvin #43 Posted May 16 2018 - 22:20

Major

• Players
  • 50968 battles

View PostSensei_101, on May 15 2018 - 11:49, said:

XVM and the worship of stats is one of the more toxic aspects of WoT; however, wether intentional or not, FL has dealt a serious blow to that cadre of players.(At least for now)

FL’s focus seems more about the playing without the ‘pressure’ of padding XVM. That will probably change, I hope not, because XVM Free is the place to be.

Players pad damage and kills in FL, which is basically what padding most stat metrics is. 

XVM is not a stat metric. It is a extended visualization mod, which can configure to view players’ ratings. 

Kenshin2kx #44 Posted May 16 2018 - 22:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 18111 battles

View Postmoogleslam, on May 15 2018 - 05:24, said:

Frontline is over?

Frontline should last until June 1st. IIRC from the guidelines ... after that, well that is the big question.

Verblonde #45 Posted May 16 2018 - 22:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 17992 battles
  • [FUNTB] FUNTB

I'm loving FL, and hope it stays as a permanent feature.

I'd like to see which tier is played in it cycle (perhaps on a monthly basis?), maybe between 6,7,8, and maybe even 9 & 10, to help keep it fresh.

The far more dynamic gameplay is very welcome...

LeaveIT2Beaver #46 Posted May 16 2018 - 23:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 30650 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View PostDeputy276, on May 16 2018 - 01:06, said:

No bacon choice...[Edited] poll. :(

MetGreDKo #47 Posted May 17 2018 - 00:15

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 21280 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

For those who asked, front line lasts until June 3rd 2300 PT, which is June 4th 0200 ET: https://worldoftanks...ry-regulations/

So far as the mode itself, it's the most fun I've had in tanks in literally years and is the type of mode tanks should have been on creation. It has adequate variety within the match with another lawyer of thinking required, strategic and not just tactical. The response and repairs permit risk taking while not making you feel overly punished if it doesn't work out. At the same time RNG may still screw you but as there is constant action and you're not immediately out of the fight for the rest of the match its psychological impact is mitigated; you're always focused on what's next.

Currently the maps do need work as spawn camping is a possibility though in most cases you can bypass it entirely and push the other fronts until some of them are forced to help defend or permit you to destroy objectives. Still, the maps do need work. Time frame may also need to be increased to permit attackers to stand an adequate chance. It's still early to tell though as the meta game is only really taking shape but attackers are more hurt by passiveness. A lot just don't want to push up and take advanced positions, such as on F. Instead they hang back looking to get shots but don't realize they could get better shots closer up and can at the same time protect the cap.

The credit and XP earnings are wonderful and should remain the same, not be nerfed (which I fully expect to happen).

docroberts #48 Posted May 17 2018 - 00:34

Captain

• Players
  • 18878 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX
My opinion in FL is this is what these tanks are supposed to be in . Not tossed in a cardboard box and told to fight your way out elbow to elbow . Here you have room to run and do what these things were designed to do .. Fight , Run , Turtle , Stay or go . Even Arty isn't a pain in this mode .   

LeaveIT2Beaver #49 Posted May 17 2018 - 01:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 30650 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View Postdocroberts, on May 16 2018 - 18:34, said:

My opinion in FL is this is what these tanks are supposed to be in . Not tossed in a cardboard box and told to fight your way out elbow to elbow . Here you have room to run and do what these things were designed to do .. Fight , Run , Turtle , Stay or go . Even Arty isn't a pain in this mode .   

I think arty VEHICLES should not be allowed in the mode. Arty is built in plus air strikes.The laziest players use arty in FL. 

theSparatan117 #50 Posted May 17 2018 - 01:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9476 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY
Having a T8 and T9 SEPARATED FL would be perfect. There are a lot of fun tanks to play at Tier 9, but Tier 8 is great for credit grinding... so it's like... fun or profit... win win... 

SkunkButt #51 Posted May 17 2018 - 02:42

Captain

• Players
  • 191 battles

The only thing I absolutely *LOATHE* about frontline is the promotion model - based almost entirely on damage and the occasional reset (which is the only reason arty can rank well - it can reset cap attempts).
Spotting is not rewarded at all, so NO ONE WANTS TO SPOT.  Doesn't matter what side you're on, you'll have 80% of the team on the very edges of the map doing... nothing, unless they encounter the opposing campers on the other side of the same ridge.  Oh no, someone's capping.... NO ONE will go spot the guy.  Or the one brave idiot who does gets spotted and vaporized instantly.

Damage assistance (critting) is not rewarded at all.

Ghost shells are a complete game breaker, considering that if you're not hugging the edge of the map the first time you shoot at something you're spotted - and vaporized by the campers.

The accumulation of promotion points needs to be *AWAY* from just dealing damage and toward supporting the team getting the job done.  One thing I've seen about that game mode (and WoT in general) - there is *zero* team play except, occasionally, by platoons (generally of 'purple' players, which means you just quit the moment you see them in the opposing roster)

LeaveIT2Beaver #52 Posted May 17 2018 - 02:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 30650 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View PostSkunkButt, on May 16 2018 - 20:42, said:

The only thing I absolutely *LOATHE* about frontline is the promotion model - based almost entirely on damage and the occasional reset (which is the only reason arty can rank well - it can reset cap attempts).
Spotting is not rewarded at all, so NO ONE WANTS TO SPOT.  Doesn't matter what side you're on, you'll have 80% of the team on the very edges of the map doing... nothing, unless they encounter the opposing campers on the other side of the same ridge.  Oh no, someone's capping.... NO ONE will go spot the guy.  Or the one brave idiot who does gets spotted and vaporized instantly.

Damage assistance (critting) is not rewarded at all.

Ghost shells are a complete game breaker, considering that if you're not hugging the edge of the map the first time you shoot at something you're spotted - and vaporized by the campers.

The accumulation of promotion points needs to be *AWAY* from just dealing damage and toward supporting the team getting the job done.  One thing I've seen about that game mode (and WoT in general) - there is *zero* team play except, occasionally, by platoons (generally of 'purple' players, which means you just quit the moment you see them in the opposing roster)

I use my tier 8 tanks to spot - but also they carry 3 reserves. Lights can be really badazz in FL 

TankCraze #53 Posted May 17 2018 - 03:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 8867 battles
I like Frontline, but feel the attacking team almost never wins and I have to resort to playing on low for a measly 20fps. On top of that, anytime a zone is being captured or something important is happening, the game finds that to be a wonderful opportunity to blur my entire screen to the point where I can't see anything, with vision comparable to a 240p quality surveillance camera.

xjin #54 Posted May 17 2018 - 09:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 40000 battles
  • [MAWG] MAWG
People would not care about this mode if they got better T8 matchmaking...

QuicksilverJPR #55 Posted May 17 2018 - 16:16

Major

• Players
  • 24891 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View Post__WarChild__, on May 15 2018 - 09:17, said:

FIrst!

I really like Front Lines but don't want it ALL the time.  Some kind of regular schedule, or a shortened daily time period - cuz I need to grind.

I DID buy the new Cent, in part, because of Front Lines where normally I might have waited or passed.  I am hoping they put the other British tank out this week (heavy) because Daddy want dat too!

PS - We were in a battle together last night and I enjoyed your comments to our brain dead teammates.  FYI - that is my MM 70-80% of the time without any tinfoil.

WC, I think my platoon mate and I killed you two/three days ago in FL.  I definitely remember seeing you a couple times that day in FL...

GMayhem #56 Posted May 17 2018 - 16:48

Private

• Players
  • 45934 battles

Block Quote

People would not care about this mode if they got better T8 matchmaking... 

I completely disagree. This game mode fixes a lot of things wrong with basic WoT. First is the ridiculously small maps, now we have real battle sized maps. Second is far more in depth battles. Third is matchmaking, yes part of the appeal is not getting spanked by people two tiers above you. 

Could it use some tweaking, yes. Is it perfect, no. Is it far far better than the standard mode, yes. Hell yes. Frankly i was at the point of putting down WoT. But this mode is so fun i'd consider purchasing premium vehicles to use in it. It needs tweaks and more maps, but as far as i'm concerned its a home run. 

Anublister #57 Posted May 17 2018 - 16:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 63144 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

Love FL. Anxious about super platoons. No problem with arty, it is and always has been a camp breaker and welcome in this mode. Don't care about winning or losing as long as attackers get at least close to objectives (e.g. cap A,B,C and one of zone 2). The longer the matches are the greater the ranks earned and bonuses for those players who participate the most. Campers can stay in the back and be ignored. Not concerned about beginning players, they'll learn.

Concerned about captured area defensive team hunter killers, aka spawn killers. Would like more damage from auto-arty and no enemy heal in conquered zones, also maybe increase terrain resistances to discourage this behavior. i.e. don't allow the defending team to spawn hunt. The best way to do this might be to have an auto arty disable the tracks of a hunter who refuses to leave conquered territory or increase the rate the further behind the lines he goes. He then would have to destroy his tank reducing his queued tanks.

Edited by Anublister, May 17 2018 - 16:49.

CandelaZ #58 Posted May 19 2018 - 20:16

Private

• -Players-
  • 7750 battles
  • [PALM3] PALM3
Complete waste of credits. loss of 30k. 3k damage and no, no premium shells used.

MetGreDKo #59 Posted May 19 2018 - 20:21

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 21280 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

View PostCandelaZ, on May 19 2018 - 14:16, said:

Complete waste of credits. loss of 30k. 3k damage and no, no premium shells used.

git gud

CandelaZ #60 Posted May 19 2018 - 20:29

Private

• -Players-
  • 7750 battles
  • [PALM3] PALM3

View PostMetGreDKo, on May 19 2018 - 20:21, said:

git gud

nothing to contribute?

Also tagged with FrontLine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users