Jump to content


Premium ammo and what I THINK I have noticed


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

gmotoman #1 Posted May 16 2018 - 04:50

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 20033 battles
  • 401
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011

This is neither GOOD or BAD. It is just a theory, and I have no idea if i am correct.  Seeing if others feel the same.

Since they removed gold for buying premium ammo I believe more people are using it.  I play my t95TD the most and I have noticed smaller(lites/meds)tanks from lower levels like tier 7 are having a real easy time punching through my armor.  I got 3 shotted from the front buy a Centurian MkI. Am I nuts or is this the logical progression of removing gold to buy those consumables?

 



JakeTheMystic #2 Posted May 16 2018 - 05:00

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21303 battles
  • 1,278
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
  • Member since:
    12-30-2011

View Postgmotoman, on May 15 2018 - 19:50, said:

This is neither GOOD or BAD. It is just a theory, and I have no idea if i am correct.  Seeing if others feel the same.

Since they removed gold for buying premium ammo I believe more people are using it.  I play my t95TD the most and I have noticed smaller(lites/meds)tanks from lower levels like tier 7 are having a real easy time punching through my armor.  I got 3 shotted from the front buy a Centurian MkI. Am I nuts or is this the logical progression of removing gold to buy those consumables?

 

 

Absolutely not. Very few people actually bought premium rounds with gold; the only people I would think of that would do that are top clans like MAHOU that have so much excess gold that they had to find ways to throw it away. 

 

I think they changed it mostly because people would buy a tank and go to load gold ammo, accidentally using gold to pay for it. They would then send messages to WG support asking for refunds for the gold. WG got tired of the hassle and just decided to take away that option because hardly any people actually use gold to pay for gold ammo. 



gmotoman #3 Posted May 16 2018 - 05:03

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 20033 battles
  • 401
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011

View PostJakeTheMystic, on May 16 2018 - 05:00, said:

 

Absolutely not. Very few people actually bought premium rounds with gold; the only people I would think of that would do that are top clans like MAHOU that have so much excess gold that they had to find ways to throw it away. 

 

I think they changed it mostly because people would buy a tank and go to load gold ammo, accidentally using gold to pay for it. They would then send messages to WG support asking for refunds for the gold. WG got tired of the hassle and just decided to take away that option because hardly any people actually use gold to pay for gold ammo. 

 

Well that actually makes more sense.   I never had gold.  Also even at 5200 silver per round I can't afford to use it.  Firing two rounds of premium from my T9 Cent usually means I lose money in a battle.  I am too much of a cheapskate.  Well now i have to figure out why the front of my T95 in the past week or so lost all its armor it seems. 

 

Thanks for the response.



NomaeTheJester #4 Posted May 16 2018 - 05:37

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13909 battles
  • 1,032
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

View Postgmotoman, on May 16 2018 - 04:50, said:

This is neither GOOD or BAD. It is just a theory, and I have no idea if i am correct.  Seeing if others feel the same.

Since they removed gold for buying premium ammo I believe more people are using it.  I play my t95TD the most and I have noticed smaller(lites/meds)tanks from lower levels like tier 7 are having a real easy time punching through my armor.  I got 3 shotted from the front buy a Centurian MkI. Am I nuts or is this the logical progression of removing gold to buy those consumables?

 

 

No-way a Cent 1 3-shotted you. The cent 1 does 230 damage, so ~690 damage total. That's nowhere near enough to kill a T95. Are you playing with the damage panel active? Look through your settings and make sure you are (it used to only be available with mods, but now it is in the base game!). It will show you who shot you, with what ammo, and for how much damage.

gmotoman #5 Posted May 16 2018 - 05:45

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 20033 battles
  • 401
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011

View PostNomaeTheJester, on May 16 2018 - 05:37, said:

 

No-way a Cent 1 3-shotted you. The cent 1 does 230 damage, so ~690 damage total. That's nowhere near enough to kill a T95. Are you playing with the damage panel active? Look through your settings and make sure you are (it used to only be available with mods, but now it is in the base game!). It will show you who shot you, with what ammo, and for how much damage.

 

Thank you for the advice.  Like I said i could be wrong.  In the heat of battle I only notice the vehicle I am directly engaged with.  I don't have the settings clicked or I didn't.  But it sure seemed like that T8 cent beat the crapout of me with those 3 shots.

Silky_Slim #6 Posted May 16 2018 - 05:51

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 11769 battles
  • 144
  • [AVNGE] AVNGE
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015
They removed the ability to buy premium ammo with gold because in some countries you cannot change or alter any item that was sold for real money. So by removing the gold option, they will be able in the future to possibly change the characteristics of premium ammo. Interpret that however you wish.

Deputy276 #7 Posted May 16 2018 - 07:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 19063 battles
  • 5,414
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013
As to the part about are tanks using more Prem ammo that they used too...I would have to say yes. I am being clobbered with gold ammo in every tank I play. People are spamming it like crazy. I swear some of them don't even carry regular AP. I can understand it in some tanks like the IS or SU 122-44. Regular AP from them is pretty weak. But tanks that already have very effective stock ammo are just pumping out gold like crazy. M4A1 Ravioli has APCR ammo as it's regular load. Last game I got hit with HEAT over and over again and my tank was a flimsy POS. I guess maybe because that new FL zombie mode lets people earn tons of credits very easily. Can't say I will be sorry to see it go. 

Edited by Deputy276, May 16 2018 - 07:03.


ColonelShakes #8 Posted May 16 2018 - 09:13

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 11692 battles
  • 1,106
  • [CDN] CDN
  • Member since:
    01-17-2016

View PostDeputy276, on May 16 2018 - 07:02, said:

As to the part about are tanks using more Prem ammo that they used too...I would have to say yes. I am being clobbered with gold ammo in every tank I play. People are spamming it like crazy. I swear some of them don't even carry regular AP. I can understand it in some tanks like the IS or SU 122-44. Regular AP from them is pretty weak. But tanks that already have very effective stock ammo are just pumping out gold like crazy. M4A1 Ravioli has APCR ammo as it's regular load. Last game I got hit with HEAT over and over again and my tank was a flimsy POS. I guess maybe because that new FL zombie mode lets people earn tons of credits very easily. Can't say I will be sorry to see it go. 

 

FL will stay.  Perhaps you should go.  Like most I use ACPR or HEAT or HE situationally.  I follow the tip that WG shows at the beginning of a battle which says basically to use ACPR or HEAT if AP is ineffective.  The decision to use it does not change if I have a couple million credits in my possession or 30000.  HEAT works great on low armor targets.  More damage than AP = dead tank faster = hurts my team and myself LESS = more wins.  Real fn simple.  Now leave.

 



Sylvado #9 Posted May 16 2018 - 11:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 64695 battles
  • 3,801
  • [LOAC] LOAC
  • Member since:
    10-10-2012

View PostColonelShakes, on May 16 2018 - 09:13, said:

 

FL will stay.  Perhaps you should go.  Like most I use ACPR or HEAT or HE situationally.  I follow the tip that WG shows at the beginning of a battle which says basically to use ACPR or HEAT if AP is ineffective.  The decision to use it does not change if I have a couple million credits in my possession or 30000.  HEAT works great on low armor targets.  More damage than AP = dead tank faster = hurts my team and myself LESS = more wins.  Real fn simple.  Now leave.

 

 

It is unbalancing and bad for the game, it should never be used.

_Gungrave_ #10 Posted May 16 2018 - 12:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 42202 battles
  • 16,299
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011
Well they're not going to be shooting normal AP at your weakpoints which gives them a low chance of penning given how trollish those hatches are. I'm currently grinding the 432 and it lacks the default pen to reliably pen a T95 frontally but if I switch to the 330 HEAT then I can skip shooting your hatches and go straight for your LFP which is much easier to hit.

Edited by _Gungrave_, May 16 2018 - 12:37.


Joe150 #11 Posted May 16 2018 - 12:43

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 24170 battles
  • 1,949
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G
  • Member since:
    01-09-2016
I've noticed people shooting HE more than ever.Its cute doesn't do anything so what ever fire away.

_Gungrave_ #12 Posted May 16 2018 - 12:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 42202 battles
  • 16,299
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostJOSEPHINEISH, on May 16 2018 - 12:43, said:

I've noticed people shooting HE more than ever.Its cute doesn't do anything so what ever fire away.

 

Say that while playing a 432, 705, or basically any sidescraping tank that is a beast to pen while its sidescraping. People will shoot HE because they can break your gun and at least have a chance to do damage so long as they know they're in a position to safely spam HE.

 

Hell I had a 430Unicum player raging at me after battle because I kept spamming HE while he was hull down. I told him my first 3 shells were 330 pen HEAT shells which hit his hatches dead on and didn't pen so I said screw this and did 600 damage killing him with HE spam.

 

 

So yes HE in the right situations can be effective and its better than sitting there bouncing gold rounds on Russian bias tanks and weakpoints :sceptic:


Edited by _Gungrave_, May 16 2018 - 12:54.


ColonelShakes #13 Posted May 16 2018 - 13:21

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 11692 battles
  • 1,106
  • [CDN] CDN
  • Member since:
    01-17-2016

View PostSylvado, on May 16 2018 - 11:43, said:

 

It is unbalancing and bad for the game, it should never be used.

 

Neither are correct. 

 

Your 60k battles , playing about 300 below your average wn8 however is unbalancing the game for your teammates, and is bad for the game. 

 

They expect performance from your wealth of experience.  



FrozenKemp #14 Posted May 16 2018 - 13:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 47934 battles
  • 7,684
  • [SWU] SWU
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostJakeTheMystic, on May 15 2018 - 23:00, said:

 

Absolutely not. Very few people actually bought premium rounds with gold; the only people I would think of that would do that are top clans like MAHOU that have so much excess gold that they had to find ways to throw it away. 

 

I think they changed it mostly because people would buy a tank and go to load gold ammo, accidentally using gold to pay for it. They would then send messages to WG support asking for refunds for the gold. WG got tired of the hassle and just decided to take away that option because hardly any people actually use gold to pay for gold ammo. 

 

... They already said they changed it in preparation for rebalancing gold rounds.  There is no need to theorize. 

Edited by FrozenKemp, May 16 2018 - 13:42.


Sylvado #15 Posted May 16 2018 - 13:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 64695 battles
  • 3,801
  • [LOAC] LOAC
  • Member since:
    10-10-2012

View PostColonelShakes, on May 16 2018 - 13:21, said:

 

Neither are correct.

 

Your 60k battles , playing about 300 below your average wn8 however is unbalancing the game for your teammates, and is bad for the game.

 

They expect performance from your wealth of experience.

 

How can I play 300 below my own average?

Edit: Oh you mean the WN8 in my signature. Not sure what the issue is there but I have been grinding the Italian line for the last few hundred battles and only at tier 7 so an average tier of 9.14 is way off so the WN8 is likely incorrect also. The tanks I have grinded so far are in the 55-60% range on MOE when I move to the next tier.


Edited by Sylvado, May 16 2018 - 13:48.


FrozenKemp #16 Posted May 16 2018 - 13:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 47934 battles
  • 7,684
  • [SWU] SWU
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

About Premium shells

 

Jove: What are you planning to do with Premium shells?

Pankov: In Update 1.0.1., we will discontinue specifying the cost of Premium shells and consumables in gold! Only the cost in credits will remain.

Why? Some players purchase Premium shells and consumables for gold. Thus, we cannot suddenly decrease their characteristics. Moreover, it is even against the law in some countries. We cannot make changes to property purchased for real money.

Eventually, we have come to the following: we will keep Premium shells. However, we will stop selling them for gold, wait until players spend all Premium shells they've purchased for gold (which will happen quite quickly), and embark on reworking them. Thus, we will be free to rework these shells and consumables at our discretion.

Jove: How?

Pankov: We will carry out tests on the Sandbox server. Currently, we have three options. The first option is to remove Premium shells from the game. The second option is to introduce entirely different type of shells that would feature a different effect.

We are aware that the cost of some Premium shells in credits is inadequate, since the cost in credits depends on the cost in gold. Thus, in Update 1.0.1., we stop specifying the cost in gold, and in the following updates, we will start reworking Premium shells. The first thing that comes to my mind is changing (perhaps, decreasing) the cost of shells. These plans also relate Premium consumables.

 

http://forum.worldof...-recent-dev-qa/


Edited by FrozenKemp, May 16 2018 - 13:44.


CabbageMechanic #17 Posted May 16 2018 - 15:15

    Senior Community Manager

  • Administrator
  • 8356 battles
  • 402
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    09-19-2010

View PostFrozenKemp, on May 16 2018 - 04:39, said:

 

... They already said they changed it in preparation for rebalancing gold rounds.  There is no need to theorize. 

 

View PostFrozenKemp, on May 16 2018 - 04:44, said:

About Premium shells

 

Jove: What are you planning to do with Premium shells?

Pankov: In Update 1.0.1., we will discontinue specifying the cost of Premium shells and consumables in gold! Only the cost in credits will remain.

Why? Some players purchase Premium shells and consumables for gold. Thus, we cannot suddenly decrease their characteristics. Moreover, it is even against the law in some countries. We cannot make changes to property purchased for real money.

Eventually, we have come to the following: we will keep Premium shells. However, we will stop selling them for gold, wait until players spend all Premium shells they've purchased for gold (which will happen quite quickly), and embark on reworking them. Thus, we will be free to rework these shells and consumables at our discretion.

Jove: How?

Pankov: We will carry out tests on the Sandbox server. Currently, we have three options. The first option is to remove Premium shells from the game. The second option is to introduce entirely different type of shells that would feature a different effect.

We are aware that the cost of some Premium shells in credits is inadequate, since the cost in credits depends on the cost in gold. Thus, in Update 1.0.1., we stop specifying the cost in gold, and in the following updates, we will start reworking Premium shells. The first thing that comes to my mind is changing (perhaps, decreasing) the cost of shells. These plans also relate Premium consumables.

 

http://forum.worldof...-recent-dev-qa/

 



_Brew_ #18 Posted May 16 2018 - 15:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 21027 battles
  • 2,567
  • [HARM] HARM
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View PostJakeTheMystic, on May 15 2018 - 23:00, said:

 

 

I think they changed it mostly because people would buy a tank and go to load gold ammo, accidentally using gold to pay for it. 

 

They changed it so it is no longer a premium online item.  This then frees them up to adjust the parameters of premium ammo to try and balance it.  They stated this a couple months back in the 2018 preview.



the_Deadly_Bulb #19 Posted May 16 2018 - 17:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 22113 battles
  • 4,062
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

View PostJakeTheMystic, on May 15 2018 - 20:00, said:

I think they changed it mostly because people would buy a tank and go to load gold ammo, accidentally using gold to pay for it. They would then send messages to WG support asking for refunds for the gold. WG got tired of the hassle and just decided to take away that option because hardly any people actually use gold to pay for gold ammo.

 

I think not.

WG has removed the option to purchase prammo and consumables with gold to permit rebalancing these items as they please.

 

Changing the properties of items that were purchased with gold (gold which in many cases is purchased with real money) could be construed as bait and switch, similar to nerfing a Premium vehicle and may contravene certain laws in the various regions the game is distributed.


Now with these items being purchased with in game currency (credits) they become fair game for any update WG sees fit to proceed with.


Prammo is going to be "re-imagined" this year.  By removing the ability to purchase prammo with gold they have removed any perceived impediment to making changes.

WG already indicated that once the prammo that was purchased with gold is depleted they intend to proceed with changes to prammo.

 

One last point, stop referring to prammo as '"gold rounds". They are "premium" but they have nothing to do with gold. :honoring:

 

 

LOL, multi ninja'd :D


Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, May 16 2018 - 18:01.


the_Deadly_Bulb #20 Posted May 16 2018 - 18:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 22113 battles
  • 4,062
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

Personal theory:

 

If we never see FL again one could surmise that it was implemented to deplete the stockpile of existing prammo that was gold purchased. :P


Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, May 16 2018 - 18:04.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users