Jump to content


Premium ammo and what I THINK I have noticed


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Hurk #21 Posted May 16 2018 - 18:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 50473 battles
  • 16,443
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View Post_Gungrave_, on May 16 2018 - 04:51, said:

Say that while playing a 432, 705, or basically any sidescraping tank that is a beast to pen while its sidescraping. People will shoot HE because they can break your gun and at least have a chance to do damage so long as they know they're in a position to safely spam HE.

 

Hell I had a 430Unicum player raging at me after battle because I kept spamming HE while he was hull down. I told him my first 3 shells were 330 pen HEAT shells which hit his hatches dead on and didn't pen so I said screw this and did 600 damage killing him with HE spam.

 

So yes HE in the right situations can be effective and its better than sitting there bouncing gold rounds on Russian bias tanks and weakpoints :sceptic:

so much this... especially when you realise a lot of that russian bias is ricochet angles and not actually thick armor. so you get a lot of HE splash in per shot. 



Hurk #22 Posted May 16 2018 - 18:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 50473 battles
  • 16,443
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on May 16 2018 - 10:04, said:

Personal theory:

If we never see FL again one could surmise that it was implemented to deplete the stockpile of existing prammo that was gold purchased. :P

expect to see them do things to intentionally lower the "gold" ammo in game, and eventually cash out the few stragglers. 



the_Deadly_Bulb #23 Posted May 16 2018 - 18:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 21239 battles
  • 3,522
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

View PostHurk, on May 16 2018 - 09:05, said:

expect to see them do things to intentionally lower the "gold" ammo in game, and eventually cash out the few stragglers.

 

They will never wait for all the gold purchased prammo to deplete.

If they do they have a long wait. I have a several dozen gold purchased prammo rounds in my depot for guns I no longer use.

I intend to leave them there and see what happens. :D



Hurk #24 Posted May 16 2018 - 18:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 50473 battles
  • 16,443
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012
right, like i said, expect them to cash you out. 

ColonelShakes #25 Posted May 16 2018 - 18:11

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 10777 battles
  • 1,042
  • [CDN] CDN
  • Member since:
    01-17-2016

View PostSylvado, on May 16 2018 - 13:44, said:

 

How can I play 300 below my own average?

Edit: Oh you mean the WN8 in my signature. Not sure what the issue is there but I have been grinding the Italian line for the last few hundred battles and only at tier 7 so an average tier of 9.14 is way off so the WN8 is likely incorrect also. The tanks I have grinded so far are in the 55-60% range on MOE when I move to the next tier.

 

I meant the WN8 published online.  Anyone of them.  Your recent 1000 battles ( a good way to gauge a player's skill )  show average tier at 8.75.  Average damage just above 1k.  Those are not Italian numbers.  It is not the Italian grind affecting your wn8.  

 

Your top 2 tanks played are known OP arty.  Not just any arty.  

 

Yet you are here claiming premium ammo is unbalanced.  Yikes.



Sylvado #26 Posted May 16 2018 - 20:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 62819 battles
  • 3,660
  • [LOAC] LOAC
  • Member since:
    10-10-2012

View PostColonelShakes, on May 16 2018 - 18:11, said:

 

I meant the WN8 published online.  Anyone of them.  Your recent 1000 battles ( a good way to gauge a player's skill )  show average tier at 8.75.  Average damage just above 1k.  Those are not Italian numbers.  It is not the Italian grind affecting your wn8. 

 

Your top 2 tanks played are known OP arty.  Not just any arty. 

 

Yet you are here claiming premium ammo is unbalanced.  Yikes.

 

For the most part I do not play a tank once it is elited. For arty I am struggling to complete the missions with honors, 60 complete, 58 with honors. Then there will be no more need to play arty.

nicodeimous #27 Posted May 16 2018 - 20:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 30342 battles
  • 2,487
  • [7-BDR] 7-BDR
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011
The removing of gold is the same as 7up removing caffeine - no one was paying gold for the rounds and there's no caffeine in 7up in the first place.  Yet both made a big deal of there respective changes lol.  Its a marketing ploy - words only.

Rimrender #28 Posted May 16 2018 - 20:47

    Captain

  • Players
  • 7421 battles
  • 1,813
  • Member since:
    11-22-2011

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on May 16 2018 - 12:09, said:

 

They will never wait for all the gold purchased prammo to deplete.

If they do they have a long wait. I have a several dozen gold purchased prammo rounds in my depot for guns I no longer use.

I intend to leave them there and see what happens. :D

 

Just the amount of gold rounds i bought for the mini Maus way back when they were super cheap will never run out. 

Hurk #29 Posted May 17 2018 - 02:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 50473 battles
  • 16,443
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View Postnicodeimous, on May 16 2018 - 12:39, said:

The removing of gold is the same as 7up removing caffeine - no one was paying gold for the rounds and there's no caffeine in 7up in the first place.  Yet both made a big deal of there respective changes lol.  Its a marketing ploy - words only.

except in this case, its a legitimate pre-action to re-tuning gold as they have already stated. WG is in markets where people "own" their virtual property, so it cannot be de-valued. (this is NOT the case in the united states, but thats not the only country affected) 



Simo_Hyha #30 Posted May 20 2018 - 18:11

    Private

  • Players
  • 15588 battles
  • 1
  • [GNSLR] GNSLR
  • Member since:
    09-29-2012
I agree that everyone seems to be spamming heat at higher tiers, even more so since they stopped selling prem rounds for gold.  I think it's the influx of easy credits from FL.  I wish they would just do away with prem rounds all together.  So silly to watch an E100 get it's front turret torn to pieces by a tier IX med spamming heat.  I just got out of a round in my Jgpze100 after getting my mantlet penned 6 times tier IX meds.  I'm done playing armor entirely until something changes.




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users