Office Dwight KRZY Tank sale 40k warhammer new skin

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

Bavor #121 Posted May 17 2018 - 04:29

Major

• Players
  • 30227 battles

View PostEmpressNero, on May 16 2018 - 18:25, said:

You've described nothing but balance decisions made by Wargaming.  Want to know what Nameless' armor was in the game it came from?  Nothing.  There's no armor thickness specified.  All that's specified is length, width, height, horsepower, weight, and top speed.  Literally everything you complained about came from Wargaming's rather questionable balance department.

That's EXACTLY why it shouldn't be sold on any other servers or brought to any other servers until it either gets nerfed in mobility to be similar to a VK 100.01P or Mauerbrecher or has its armor nerfed to represent its weight and mobility.

Block Quote

I was talking about the actual looks of the tank.  Look at it.  It's a slightly redesigned Tiger 2. 

It looks like a cartoon tank and the cartoon ships in World of Warships are bad enough.  We don't need cartoon BS in WoT also.

SpectreHD #122 Posted May 17 2018 - 04:44

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16420 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostCamper_2000, on May 17 2018 - 09:24, said:

One of many WG customers that keeps the game alive don't want to see that type of skins.

Guess what, I am also one of the many players that keep the game alive too. Have been since the very beginning and I want to see this skins and the VC tanks. 

View PostBavor, on May 17 2018 - 11:29, said:

That's EXACTLY why it shouldn't be sold on any other servers or brought to any other servers until it either gets nerfed in mobility to be similar to a VK 100.01P or Mauerbrecher or has its armor nerfed to represent its weight and mobility.

Guess what on the server it is being sold on, the Asia server, is no different from the RU, EU, and NA server. And the stats indicate that it is not that much powerful than other vehicles.

Edited by SpectreHD, May 17 2018 - 04:50.

Avalon304 #123 Posted May 17 2018 - 06:13

Major

• Players
  • 17979 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostBavor, on May 16 2018 - 20:29, said:

It looks like a cartoon tank and the cartoon ships in World of Warships are bad enough.  We don't need cartoon BS in WoT also.

I beg to differ. We need to have more cool and fun tanks. Brings in more people and they look cool too.

seekerjuanchis #124 Posted May 17 2018 - 06:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36425 battles
Your prices are excellent WGM!(Got a Forum Warning... dont not say WGM is greedy with prices, they get mad! )

Bavor #125 Posted May 17 2018 - 07:03

Major

• Players
  • 30227 battles

View PostSpectreHD, on May 16 2018 - 22:44, said:

And the stats indicate that it is not that much powerful than other vehicles.

THere isn't enough publically available data to say that.  VBaddict says "SMALL DATA SET" under the tank statistics because it only has a few thousand battles of data for it.

RedShocktrooper #126 Posted May 17 2018 - 07:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 10173 battles
So when are we gonna get a daemoniacally possessed M6, then? Frankly I'd rather take goofy-looking but ultimately cosmetic versions of tech tree tanks over things like the 252U.

Sturm_Teufel #127 Posted May 17 2018 - 07:20

Major

• Players
  • 42841 battles
  • [-P-] -P-
As much as I hate WG putting in cartoonish a tank from 40K, it IS a premium KV2 that could  be used for training/creds. AND, it's the ZERO-SKILL-BIA that's the real draw for me. Means less time for me training up other crews.

Avalon304 #128 Posted May 17 2018 - 10:11

Major

• Players
  • 17979 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostBavor, on May 16 2018 - 23:03, said:

THere isn't enough publically available data to say that.  VBaddict says "SMALL DATA SET" under the tank statistics because it only has a few thousand battles of data for it.

3k battles is more than enough to say that. But ok... you dont like VBaddicts opt-in set of 3k battles, thats fair. Heres the stats scraped by WoT News, which records far more data:

Spoiler

thats 518k battles played since it was released. With only a 50% win rate. Meanwhile the Object 252U has nearly double the battles and more wins than Nameless has battles. More over here are the tank Win Rate curves for Nameless:

Spoiler

and for comparison the win rate curves of the 252U:

Spoiler

If you dont know how these curves work, they show the relation between per tank win rate and overall win rate. The blue line is if you had a per tank win rate equal to your overall win rate, the black and green lines show how the tank in question is performing for players of a certain win rate. Above the blue line means your win rate in that tank is higher than your over all, below means its worse. Looking at Nameless, the tank performs in line with reference for players with anywhere between a 48% and 53% win rate, and then spike up at 54% and performs slightly better above 54%. Meanwhile the Defender shows a clear trend that no matter what your win rate, you will win more just by driving a Defender.

And just for kicks I checked out how Nameless was performing serverwide on SEA for thelast month:

Spoiler

Thats 41k battles, with only a 48% win rate across the entire server for the past month.

Im not seeing the OP tank that every one describes. Like... yea, its paper stats are great, but in practice it doesnt seem to be any worse than a Patriot and the Patriot really isnt OP at all.

Edited by Avalon304, May 17 2018 - 10:14.

JNUT27 #129 Posted May 17 2018 - 12:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 36510 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
Well......all and all, it is still JUST a T6 tank even if it is a premium.  I refuse to pay for another premium T6 tank when you can only use it in the pubbies.  Bring back T6 Clan Wars and Tournaments and we will talk about it.  I really love this game but unless you start getting new blood interested through lower tier contests......it don't look good to me.   

RangeTarget #130 Posted May 17 2018 - 13:53

Private

• Players
  • 2450 battles
So, when do we get hover tanks (Hammer's Slammers) or BOLO MK XXXIII's? They are just as much paper tanks as the other stuff here. I want my Hellbore!!!!

EmpressNero #131 Posted May 17 2018 - 13:55

Major

• Players
  • 11552 battles

View PostBavor, on May 16 2018 - 22:29, said:

Yeah, and I'm willing to bet that if the design had come out of Wargaming instead of being made by SEGA, you'd be hailing it as a great new addition to the game.  Honestly, the Edelweiss is as real as Tier 8-10 on the Italian line.  So what's your excuse for not wanting it in besides "muh historicals" and "my huge, throbbing tank masculinity becomes shrunken and impotent when faced with cartoons"?  If things not being "real" enough were really such a big deal for you, you would have left the game for a certain other tank game the day they added the Chinese TD tree.

CapPhrases #132 Posted May 17 2018 - 14:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 6942 battles
  • [TXV] TXV

View PostEmpressNero, on May 17 2018 - 07:55, said:

Yeah, and I'm willing to bet that if the design had come out of Wargaming instead of being made by SEGA, you'd be hailing it as a great new addition to the game.  Honestly, the Edelweiss is as real as Tier 8-10 on the Italian line.  So what's your excuse for not wanting it in besides "muh historicals" and "my huge, throbbing tank masculinity becomes shrunken and impotent when faced with cartoons"?  If things not being "real" enough were really such a big deal for you, you would have left the game for a certain other tank game the day they added the Chinese TD tree.

think the reasoning is that while fake those tanks LOOK like something akin to a historical design process for that country.

VC tanks definitively do not and put side by side stand out much more

__Neo__ #133 Posted May 17 2018 - 14:45

Private

• -Players-
  • 1167 battles
Can we get a confirmation from WG if the skin is bugged?  It is showing no camo benefit, so to actually get a camo benefit I would have to yank off the skin and go bare+add camo skin to it? 
I can't imagine it's their intention to release a skinned premium version of a tank that gets 0 benefit from it's skinned status.  Like the Defender, the SkorpionG, etc that come with bought camo, THEY offer camo value.  But this one doesn't?  I love the KV2 but not sure on the price, it is a little steep, and if the skin is not going to give any camo benefit whatsoever it might just be the tipping point.  So, is this going to be corrected?   The Premium Skin I buy with the tank SHOULD offer me the normal camo benefit.

CabbageMechanic #134 Posted May 17 2018 - 16:02

Senior Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 7631 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postseekerjuanchis, on May 16 2018 - 21:54, said:

Your prices are excellent WGM!(Got a Forum Warning... dont not say WGM is greedy with prices, they get mad! )

Your warning was because of the inappropriate language you used, not your opinions.

View Post__Neo__, on May 17 2018 - 05:45, said:

Can we get a confirmation from WG if the skin is bugged?  It is showing no camo benefit, so to actually get a camo benefit I would have to yank off the skin and go bare+add camo skin to it? 
I can't imagine it's their intention to release a skinned premium version of a tank that gets 0 benefit from it's skinned status.  Like the Defender, the SkorpionG, etc that come with bought camo, THEY offer camo value.  But this one doesn't?  I love the KV2 but not sure on the price, it is a little steep, and if the skin is not going to give any camo benefit whatsoever it might just be the tipping point.  So, is this going to be corrected?   The Premium Skin I buy with the tank SHOULD offer me the normal camo benefit.

Confirmed - Dev team reached out this morning and confirmed the fix, it will be implemented in a micropatch overnight.  Official downtime notification should be up shortly.

SteelRonin #135 Posted May 17 2018 - 16:41

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22724 battles
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI

I love Warhammer, I love WoT......combined? yes-yes!!!

I want an Ork Looted Churchill III tank right now!!!

Huma474 #136 Posted May 17 2018 - 17:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4535 battles

View PostSteelRonin, on May 17 2018 - 15:41, said:

I love Warhammer, I love WoT......combined? yes-yes!!!

I want an Ork Looted Churchill III tank right now!!!

This ^ +1+1+1

LeaveIT2Beaver #137 Posted May 17 2018 - 17:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 29429 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG

View PostContent_WG, on May 16 2018 - 07:38, said:

FACT:

Explore unique vehicles inspired by the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

FACT:
The full text of the news item

NOOOOOOPPPPEEEEEE

I am putting this nerd's post in Jello!

To not even comment on the Custom Orc skin Upholstered Seats, the amount of missions completed with the Blood Angel detachments or Derping the way through the Battlefield. 

I hope it is obvious that this sale fell off the back of the truck on it's way to my top notch Tank Wholesale emporium. 

Yes you can represent the empire or be a heretic and find the option to disable KRZY camos in your settings. Sadly this also turns off your ability to see my TMNT themed "Mutant" tank. 

TMNT.png

Oh and any Clan camo. You sure you want to miss out your chance to kill my Michelangelo? 

Bavor #138 Posted May 17 2018 - 17:56

Major

• Players
  • 30227 battles

View PostEmpressNero, on May 17 2018 - 07:55, said:

Nope.  I think the Nameless looks like cartoon BS just like the cartoon ships in WoWS no matter who came up with the design.  The tanks in WoT that were never produced, but were based on actual blueprints or other technical drawings or design studies don't look like cartoons.  The other vehicles that were made up by Wargaming at least have some basis in reality in their appearance. 

In addition to that the Nameless has completely BS armor and weight.  It either needs to have its weight greatly increased to match its armor or its armor decreased to match its weight.  Allowing some made up non real world physics in a tank opens up a slippery slope for more 100% BS tanks where their armor weighs nothing and they have an ammo capacity that's larger than much bigger tanks with much much more interior volume and a similar gun.  As I said before, the wiki says its based on a medium tank chassis, yet Wargaming gave it tier 9 heavy tank frontal armor and tier 5 heavy tank weight.  In addition to the cartoon appearance, the armor with no weight and much more ammo capacity than its interior volume allows is something I'd rather not see Wargaming start doing.

If we are going to allow tanks with 100% BS weightless armor in the game, then lets make a T-44 variant with the same effective frontal armor as the ST-I and have it weight as much as a T-34.  Also, lets give the TIger II the 45.02B frontal armor and have it weight as much as the 30.01 H.  Do you think that's good for the game?  That's what the Nameless is, a tier 8 with tier 9 frontal armor and tier 5 weight.

Lets keep the 100% BS cartoon fantasy tanks with weightless armor out of WoT.

Bavor #139 Posted May 17 2018 - 18:30

Major

• Players
  • 30227 battles

View PostAvalon304, on May 17 2018 - 04:11, said:

3k battles is more than enough to say that. But ok... you dont like VBaddicts opt-in set of 3k battles, thats fair. Heres the stats scraped by WoT News, which records far more data:

Spoiler

thats 518k battles played since it was released. With only a 50% win rate. Meanwhile the Object 252U has nearly double the battles and more wins than Nameless has battles. More over here are the tank Win Rate curves for Nameless:

So you have proven that overall, its an above average performing tank.  That was my point.  Thanks for proving it.

Block Quote

Spoiler

and for comparison the win rate curves of the 252U:

Spoiler

If you dont know how these curves work, they show the relation between per tank win rate and overall win rate. The blue line is if you had a per tank win rate equal to your overall win rate, the black and green lines show how the tank in question is performing for players of a certain win rate. Above the blue line means your win rate in that tank is higher than your over all, below means its worse. Looking at Nameless, the tank performs in line with reference for players with anywhere between a 48% and 53% win rate, and then spike up at 54% and performs slightly better above 54%. Meanwhile the Defender shows a clear trend that no matter what your win rate, you will win more just by driving a Defender.

One other thing to notice in the curves, there are very few players with a 55% or greater win rate playing the Nameless.  I'd like to see how a larger number of players with 55+% win rates do in the Nameless compared to other tier 8 heavies.

I'd like to see how it performs with players who have the skill to exploit its strengths of mobility, armor, and gun handling.

Block Quote

And just for kicks I checked out how Nameless was performing serverwide on SEA for thelast month:

Spoiler

Thats 41k battles, with only a 48% win rate across the entire server for the past month.

Im not seeing the OP tank that every one describes. Like... yea, its paper stats are great, but in practice it doesnt seem to be any worse than a Patriot and the Patriot really isnt OP at all.

Tier 8 tanks have been hindered severely since 1.0's release.  After 9.18's matchmaking changes, tier 8 tanks were bottom tier in about 50% of their battles.  After 1.0 tier 8 tanks are bottom tier in 60-75% of their battles.  The Nameless's armor is less effective against tier 9 and 10 tanks than it is against the tier 6-8 tanks.  

Something changed with the matchmaker.  My own data I've collected confirms this along with data collected by players on the EU and RU servers.  I started keeping data about solo pub battles again like I did several times before.  Tier 8 tanks are seeing more tier 10 3/5/7 battles since 1.0 was released.  Look at the tanks' past month win rates.  The 252u/Defender, IS-5, and KV-4K also had their win rates drop in the past month due to the change in matchmaking.

Overall
IS-5 55.93%
KV-4 K 54.72%
252U 53.35%
Defender 52.24%

Past Month
IS-5 52.33% = 3.6% drop
KV-4 K 52.1% = 2.62% drop
252U 52.08% = 1.42% drop
Defender 51.49% = 0.76% drop

Of course the Nameless would have its win rate drop also.

Nameless 50.34%

Nameless past month 48.97% =1.37% drop 

It looks like the Nameless got hurt by the change in more frequent bottom tier 3/5/7 matchmaking for tier 8s also just like many other tier 8 heavies.

echonite #140 Posted May 17 2018 - 19:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1773 battles
Id say they should license the rights for a WoT style game themed on Warhammer 40k rather than trying to mesh 40k into the existing WoT.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users