Jump to content


Worth It: KV-2 (R) Valhallan Ragnarok?

KV-2

  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted May 16 2018 - 16:33

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 16411 battles
  • 2,258
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

Howdy Tankers,

 

So I see that there's a new Tier 6 premium KV-2 in the store today along with a whole litany of posts about how Anime tanks are going to ruin PC like they did Blitz. Link: https://worldoftanks...mmer-40k-tanks/

 

Putting the "I hate the skin" arguments aside for a moment, my question about the Rag is: Is it worth buying?

 

I have never wanted to go down the KV line of tanks and would normally not waste the effort, but this particular premium interests me because:

 

1) It's a premium, so I don't have to grind.

2) It comes with a BIA crew.

3) It's a premium, so ammo should be cheaper?

4) It's a premium, so I can train higher tank crews.

5) It's got DERP.

 

These reasons seem legit to me but, as always, I look to the Forum for your thoughts.


Thanks for your time and attention.


__WarChild__



GeorgePreddy #2 Posted May 16 2018 - 16:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 14345 battles
  • 9,022
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

I read a reply today in a thread about this tank that claimed the non-historical skin is removable.

 

I have no idea if it's actually true.



JohnnyPro13 #3 Posted May 16 2018 - 16:39

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 39629 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    03-30-2013
Love my plain old grinded KV-2....just push the 3 button and DERP away. Even at tier 6 you can leave some nasty scars on tier 8s.

da_Rock002 #4 Posted May 16 2018 - 16:42

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 6809 battles
  • 2,708
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

It's got a larger gun.   Went from 167pen/300dmg  to 110/700, but also went from 8rpm to 3rpm.     3rpm sucks.

 

 

They say it'll do 40 kph, but it's rated @ 35.      That seems to be shady advertising when the thing isn't listed in wiki and HT speed is a major detail.

 

No surprise there are surprises in the specs.



__WarChild__ #5 Posted May 16 2018 - 16:43

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 16411 battles
  • 2,258
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

View PostGeorgePreddy, on May 16 2018 - 09:38, said:

I read a reply today in a thread about this tank that claimed the skin is removable.

 

I have no idea if it's actually true.

 

The skin doesn't bother me.  I'm not a purist, but I don't want crazy stuff.  I can deal with this kind of crazy, removable or not.

 

View PostJohnnyPro13, on May 16 2018 - 09:39, said:

Love my plain old grinded KV-2....just push the 3 button and DERP away. Even at tier 6 you can leave some nasty scars on tier 8s.

 

I hate grinding. Hate it.  To be able to get the Derp without wasting a crew (a line I don't want to go down) is very appealing.



da_Rock002 #6 Posted May 16 2018 - 16:46

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 6809 battles
  • 2,708
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

View Post__WarChild__, on May 16 2018 - 10:43, said:

 

The skin doesn't bother me.  I'm not a purist, but I don't want crazy stuff.  I can deal with this kind of crazy, removable or not.

 

 

I hate grinding. Hate it.  To be able to get the Derp without wasting a crew (a line I don't want to go down) is very appealing.

 

You can actually paint it.    Amazing, as who would want to.

 

As to the derp gun...…   Using the 100/700 AP, my first two shots were kills.   Unfortunately, the battle was over before the 3rd shell finished it's reload.   :teethhappy:



24_inch_pythons #7 Posted May 16 2018 - 16:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 22563 battles
  • 4,177
  • [-P-] -P-
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012
 KV-2 is one of the greatest tanks in the game.

__WarChild__ #8 Posted May 16 2018 - 16:47

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 16411 battles
  • 2,258
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

Another possible reason to get it:

 

The moment the Tier VI Stronghold RED Team realizes it's Himmelsdorf and your team has 4 Premium KV-2 to combat their 4 Type 64's...  :bush:

 

:trollface:

 

 


Edited by __WarChild__, May 16 2018 - 16:49.


da_Rock002 #9 Posted May 16 2018 - 16:53

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 6809 battles
  • 2,708
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

 

The thing doesn't look out of place actually.   Sorta like the black tanks. 

The 6 man crew and the ability to train a RU crew @ T6 might be worth the horrible RPM.     The top speed BS however....   nuts.....



Blucraft #10 Posted May 16 2018 - 16:55

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 8342 battles
  • 894
  • Member since:
    08-20-2011

Wow, a premium KV-2!?... :amazed:.  If this is anything like the Cromwell-B (as in very similar to the Tech-tree tank) it would be a pretty good deal.  Probably would make a really good crew trainer and the BIA crew is a definite plus.

 

-Blu



da_Rock002 #11 Posted May 16 2018 - 16:55

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 6809 battles
  • 2,708
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

View Post24_inch_pythons, on May 16 2018 - 10:46, said:

 KV-2 is one of the greatest tanks in the game.

 

This sucker is exactly a KV-2 with double the alpha at more than twice the time to reload.

24_inch_pythons #12 Posted May 16 2018 - 16:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 22563 battles
  • 4,177
  • [-P-] -P-
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012

View Postda_Rock002, on May 16 2018 - 09:55, said:

 

This sucker is exactly a KV-2 with double the alpha at more than twice the time to reload.

 

​What are you talking about? It's exactly the same. Do you run the 107 on the KV-2?

da_Rock002 #13 Posted May 16 2018 - 16:58

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 6809 battles
  • 2,708
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

View PostBlucraft, on May 16 2018 - 10:55, said:

Wow, a premium KV-2!?... :amazed:.  If this is anything like the Cromwell-B (as in very similar to the Tech-tree tank) it would be a pretty good deal.  Probably would make a really good crew trainer and the BIA crew is a definite plus.

 

-Blu

 

 

The two Cromwells are very similar.

The two KV-2's...….   one gun twice the other.



da_Rock002 #14 Posted May 16 2018 - 17:00

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 6809 battles
  • 2,708
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

View Post24_inch_pythons, on May 16 2018 - 10:57, said:

 

​What are you talking about? It's exactly the same. Do you run the 107 on the KV-2?

 

 

I got the KV-2 specs from the wiki.

I got the specs on the ® from the garage.

 

 

Hey, it was early this morning but the 3rpm and .55 accuracy is what my garage said with my trained crew aboard.   I'll go check again.



__WarChild__ #15 Posted May 16 2018 - 17:00

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 16411 battles
  • 2,258
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

View Postda_Rock002, on May 16 2018 - 09:58, said:

 

 

The two Cromwells are very similar.

The two KV-2's...….   one gun twice the other.

 

Dude, if you put the Derp gun on the Comparison Chart instead of the Tier 7 gun, they are EXACTLY the same all the way down the list.

_Brew_ #16 Posted May 16 2018 - 17:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 20204 battles
  • 2,507
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View Post__WarChild__, on May 16 2018 - 10:33, said:

Howdy Tankers,

 

So I see that there's a new Tier 6 premium KV-2 in the store today along with a whole litany of posts about how Anime tanks are going to ruin PC like they did Blitz. Link: https://worldoftanks...mmer-40k-tanks/

 

Putting the "I hate the skin" arguments aside for a moment, my question about the Rag is: Is it worth buying?

 

I have never wanted to go down the KV line of tanks and would normally not waste the effort, but this particular premium interests me because:

 

1) It's a premium, so I don't have to grind.

2) It comes with a BIA crew.

3) It's a premium, so ammo should be cheaper?

4) It's a premium, so I can train higher tank crews.

5) It's got DERP.

 

These reasons seem legit to me but, as always, I look to the Forum for your thoughts.


Thanks for your time and attention.


__WarChild__

 

1) You get the 50% premium bonus to crew xp training.

2) BiA zero skill crews are nice, and this one gets 6 of them.

3) Ammo is the same cost on premium tanks, the only thing premiums get is a cheaper repair cost (and a few have credit multipliers attached - not sure if they all do).

4) Yes you can train any Russian heavy crew in this.

5) DERP!

 

 

Is it worth minimum $34?  Only you can answer that.

 

 

I already own a KV-2 off the tech tree with a trained 3 skill crew.  I make plenty of credits in it without being premium.  I have lots of other premiums for credit grinding.  I have 3 prem Russian heavies already to train crews.  So, my answer is, "no."  But that's just me.



dominator_98 #17 Posted May 16 2018 - 17:06

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 19075 battles
  • 3,282
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014
I personally am not a huge fan of big RNG cannons, and they seem to be valuing their skin at $10 so even with a BIA crew, I’ll pass on that bundle.

_Brew_ #18 Posted May 16 2018 - 17:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 20204 battles
  • 2,507
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View Postda_Rock002, on May 16 2018 - 11:00, said:

 

 

I got the KV-2 specs from the wiki.

I got the specs on the ® from the garage.

 

 

Hey, it was early this morning but the 3rpm and .55 accuracy is what my garage said with my trained crew aboard.   I'll go check again.

 

They are exactly the same tank with the 152mm gun.  Every stat is the same.  And if you have been driving around in a KV-2 and you are using any gun other than the 152 mm loaded with full HE rounds, then you are doing it wrong.

da_Rock002 #19 Posted May 16 2018 - 17:07

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 6809 battles
  • 2,708
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

View Post24_inch_pythons, on May 16 2018 - 10:57, said:

 

​What are you talking about? It's exactly the same. Do you run the 107 on the KV-2?

 

Hey I just checked.

The KV-2 has 3 guns optional.   So what I saw from wiki was the M-10 152mm. 

The ® is a Premium and doesn't offer the 107.   



_Brew_ #20 Posted May 16 2018 - 17:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 20204 battles
  • 2,507
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View Postda_Rock002, on May 16 2018 - 11:07, said:

 

Hey I just checked.

The KV-2 has 3 guns optional.   So what I saw from wiki was the M-10 152mm. 

The ® is a Premium and doesn't offer the 107.   

 

Nobody uses anything except the 152mm anyway.  The 152mm is the only reason to play this tank.





Also tagged with KV-2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users