Crews should be forced to retire after a tour of duty...

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Captain_Rownd #81 Posted Yesterday, 01:57 AM

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2159 battles

View PostKenshin2kx, on May 22 2018 - 01:43, said:

... now I am a proponent of creating additional aids to the new player.  I have been there, and for the most part we all got blasted at the beginning ...

The big handicap I remember at "the beginning" was having unskilled crews, no upgrades, and being lost and blind on the unfamiliar maps.  I think the biggest aid I could have got back then, and still to this day, is a mode where you can load up a tank and explore the maps outside of battles.  I camped cap for my first 300-500 games, and eventually relented (working as intended) and bought a couple War Chests because it wasn't fun the "normal" way. 

Kenshin2kx #82 Posted Yesterday, 02:09 AM

Major

• -Players-
  • 17261 battles

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on May 21 2018 - 14:57, said:

The big handicap I remember at "the beginning" was having unskilled crews, no upgrades, and being lost and blind on the unfamiliar maps.  I think the biggest aid I could have got back then, and still to this day, is a mode where you can load up a tank and explore the maps outside of battles.  I camped cap for my first 300-500 games, and eventually relented (working as intended) and bought a couple War Chests because it wasn't fun the "normal" way. 

Then you would like my idea of a Super Academy ... where you get tested on actual maps with actually very good AI bots to examine map dynamics and strategies ... then when you have mastered the bot instructors, then you face live veterans ... and best of all the training does not count to your win rate.  

ToothDecay #83 Posted Yesterday, 03:37 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25929 battles
  • [NARC] NARC

I'm gonna worry about clubbing someone ?

This kid must be joking.

ToothDecay #84 Posted Yesterday, 03:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25929 battles
  • [NARC] NARC

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on May 18 2018 - 01:54, said:

But driving away new players by having veterans with entrenched advantages is also cutting their throats.  New players quitting because they always face buffed veterans means the game will die.

I don't remember NOT having to start the SAME WAY as everyone else .

Kerosedge #85 Posted Yesterday, 04:22 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19346 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ
Bull**it not giving up my TX crews with 4-5 skills each.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users