I Implore You; Don't Buy Skin Tanks

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

TheGipper22 #81 Posted May 19 2018 - 23:14

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 25936 battles

I don't think software developers design the skins - there probably is some cross over with the map team though.

Not even the slightly visual developers in UX .  I doubt the senior developers second guess the art guys in a way that takes the senior developers mental bandwidth .. they probably take the new art out to lunch, mark it up and make the artists do it again the times they don't like it.  It's probably more a light team building diversion to roll out the new designs for people to comment on.

_Gungrave_ #82 Posted Yesterday, 12:04 AM

Major

• Players
  • 40443 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

View Postiway, on May 19 2018 - 21:26, said:

funny i think the skins idea is much better then most of the prems they come out with. sell a new skin for 10-15 for an old prem i got. sure i give wg 10 bucks if the skin is nice. wg likes a skin a modder has, wg gives the modder X% and they sell the skin. everyone wins. we don't get crappy prems, and only ppl who want the skins buy them. 

See the flaw with your logic?...you'd be paying for skins that you can get for free.

View PostTheGipper22, on May 19 2018 - 23:14, said:

I don't think software developers design the skins - there probably is some cross over with the map team though.

Not even the slightly visual developers in UX .  I doubt the senior developers second guess the art guys in a way that takes the senior developers mental bandwidth .. they probably take the new art out to lunch, mark it up and make the artists do it again the times they don't like it.  It's probably more a light team building diversion to roll out the new designs for people to comment on.

Neither of those positions would have much to do when it comes to 3D modeling or making skins.

Edited by _Gungrave_, Yesterday, 12:08 AM.

TheGipper22 #83 Posted Yesterday, 12:22 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 25936 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on May 19 2018 - 15:04, said:

Neither of those positions would have much to do when it comes to 3D modeling or making skins.

Right like I said -  no developer time misdirected and given that these things bring in money - I be they more than pay for the artists - and there are plenty of great artists in low salary countries like former USSR states and eastern Europe.  I used the term "senior developer" but I think I mean 'game lead developer'  .. there are a few guys way up at the top of the food chain above art and software that tie it together and someone a bit above them even that decides on the revenue optimization (or sideways of them) in terms of how often to roll out tanks etc.

Those guys gotta find a tiny bit of time to review and approve models and decide on which one will be next and what tier and country etc. - but I don't think those are the weighty time takers... it's the stuff that could go wrong and requires lots of cooperation and phasing that takes the senior guys mental bandwidth - approving the details on the KV-2 clone ? lol it's probably a productivity booster for them to take 15 minutes to look at camo nets etc and help them stay fresh before develing back into the people issues.

MAPs?  The art guys gotta be involved with the map team - they might not be leads of the map team which has a lot to do with game play and probably much more 3-D but I gotta think they might draw building textures and help on building proportions etc.

SwedishBob_ #84 Posted Yesterday, 01:35 AM

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1313 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE
Skins ok I can deal with them BUT I would like the option to use them in all settings to do with paint thingy .. historical / unhistorical ..... I want everyone to see my skin .... sounds rude doesn't it      :ohmy:

Edited by SwedishBob_, Today, 02:11 AM.

Rush_91 #85 Posted Yesterday, 11:24 PM

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8687 battles
  • [TDF1] TDF1
Honestly if I had the extra money to justify it I'd buy the prem kv2 just to have a prem kv2. I'm strongly considering it. Plus I do dig the look.

gideonan #86 Posted Today, 07:30 AM

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17341 battles
  • [OLD_I] OLD_I
Wouldn't buying a skin be better then buying a whole new tank like a Defender, Liberty, or Patriot?

SkaerKrow #87 Posted Today, 04:02 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 16520 battles
I had a pretty fun weekend running my Valhallan and Mordian tanks. :justwait: 

Weapon_of_Proliferation #88 Posted Today, 04:42 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25384 battles
The Stockholm Syndrome is strong in this thread.

Rimrender #89 Posted Today, 05:56 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 7419 battles

I would be getting the premium KV-2 if it was Hello Kitty: Island Princess Adventure themed; I can still remove the skin. 

They jumped this shark long ago, when they decided that blueprint and idea fart tanks would not only be in the game, but be some of its most powerful. 

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Chivalrous_Vet_disabled