MERGING CLANS

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

NOT_A_SHRED #1 Posted May 17 2018 - 02:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17561 battles
  • [SF-V] SF-V
Is the clan you're in small? Finding it hard to recruit more players? How about merging your clan with ours? We have an established gaming website complete with a community forum, lots of resource material and TeamSpeak. All this built into our clan. We are finding it hard to come up with seven players to play detachments. Maybe we could merge clans and start doing something? If this sounds good to you look for us. We are Special Forces - Vanguard [SF-V]. We are a part of the Team Special Forces gaming community.

dominator_98 #2 Posted May 17 2018 - 02:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 18740 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
Just a word of advise as someone who’s had experience with mergers, be as willing to leave your clan and you are to absorb another clan. Lots of small clans exist because the commanders feel the need to be in charge of something, and I’m sure many interested clans will be reluctant to be the ones to drop their tags and feel like they lose power. If you decide you want a new home for your 30 players, I’m sure you could find a clan that will take you in less than three days.

Lightning_Fast #3 Posted May 17 2018 - 03:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15351 battles
  • [BOC] BOC
You could probably bring all your active players to a more active clan.

Silversound #4 Posted May 17 2018 - 03:25

Major

• Players
  • 37676 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

Mergers often lead to culture conflict, and eventually exodus. 

So tread lightly and be upfront about your expectations.

elemantis #5 Posted May 17 2018 - 03:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13575 battles
  • [DEVON] DEVON
also most small clans happen because there's too much drama in their previous clan. that's mostly the problem. commanders or even 1 specific player can ruin a fun game for others. whether it's racial comments or someone thinking they are helping when they are actually being rude, players just say screw it too many clans say no drama on the clan when there actually is.

elemantis #6 Posted May 17 2018 - 03:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13575 battles
  • [DEVON] DEVON
it's actually why I left my previous clan, too much drama. when I left many players knew I was a laid back player who loves to help and doesn't do drama. I encourage teamwork and so they came with me to my new clan. mergers are tough on many commanders because as dominator pointed out, it's nice to have ranking in a clan. but if you get a successful merger then I congratulate you my friend 

HOTA_CHATON #7 Posted May 17 2018 - 03:48

Major

• Players
  • 12335 battles
  • [KOFJ] KOFJ
Mergers just plain suck.

ArmorStorm #8 Posted May 17 2018 - 04:12

Major

• Players
  • 33979 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View Postdominator_98, on May 16 2018 - 19:55, said:

Just a word of advise as someone who’s had experience with mergers, be as willing to leave your clan and you are to absorb another clan. Lots of small clans exist because the commanders feel the need to be in charge of something, and I’m sure many interested clans will be reluctant to be the ones to drop their tags and feel like they lose power. If you decide you want a new home for your 30 players, I’m sure you could find a clan that will take you in less than three days.

TSF is a gaming community that has been around for 20 years, they aren't looking to drop their WoT division.  In most circumstances you are absolutely correct though.

Slone #9 Posted May 17 2018 - 04:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18305 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

Mergers rarely work. Because one clan tried to dominate the other and dictate terms. A true merger is VERY rare.

Now if you're talking a smaller clan being willing to be absorbed by a larger clan, where the smaller clan basically agrees to join the larger clan, yeah, that can work. But it isn't a merger, it's a take over. Like I said, true mergers are VERY rare.

dominator_98 #10 Posted May 17 2018 - 05:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 18740 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostArmorStorm, on May 16 2018 - 21:12, said:

TSF is a gaming community that has been around for 20 years, they aren't looking to drop their WoT division.  In most circumstances you are absolutely correct though.

I don't know much about TSF or their community, but if it's mostly dead it may be best to write it off and send your WoT group into a more successful clan. Not my decision, but also not my problem.

Best of luck to OP, I hope he can do what's best for his players. Just my opinion from what I can see from your clanpage, if you decide to keep the clan, a couple more active officers would be a good idea to help things grow. Your current officer corps plays less than 9 battles per day combined. Hard to build a clan when there's only someone with recruiting power online for 90 minutes out of the day.

Devildog8 #11 Posted May 17 2018 - 12:19

Major

• Players
  • 9769 battles
  • [XILES] XILES

Looks like your clan is pretty active, Have you considered doing SHs, posting a recruitment topic ( Not a merger ) and grow off what you have, I agree its hard to recruit these days so many new clans popping up and the tagless recruits are not as plentiful as it use to be, But I also find if you don't have clan things happening it doesn't entice players to your cause. Just a suggestion get SHs going and get a tad more competitive, you dont need to be a full competitive clan but most players now want things like CWs, SHs and things like that to at least be a viable option.

Good Luck with your hunt and your clan

kgomoll #12 Posted May 17 2018 - 18:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 53622 battles
  • [WARMG] WARMG
this is stupid, nobody merges, thousands of small clans sitting around not doing anything. same old story.

TURBOTHETIGER66 #13 Posted May 17 2018 - 22:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 790 battles
  • [GNZX3] GNZX3
I don't understand.  It looks like none of the (SF-?)clans are full. Is there a differerance in their rquirements? Wouldn't you be better off merging your own clans first? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users