What do I do with XP accrued for lower tier tanks?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Rikki127 #1 Posted May 17 2018 - 06:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7103 battles
  • [DODMD] DODMD

I feel like a [edited]for not understanding the XP thing, entirely.  But here's my puzzlement...

If I understand correctly, when purchasing a new tank, the game only draws from the XP that you earned from the tank that immediately precedes it in the tech tree, then draws from your free XP.  But it does NOT draw from the XP you've built up with older tanks in the line.  Is that correct?  

If so, then what is the older-tank XP good for?  Seriously, I have accrued like half a million XP with my Tier 2 Panzer over the years but apparently it doesn't do me any good when buying a Tier 5 or 6 tank, even if it's German.  Is there any way to convert all that "older" XP to something useful?  Credits?  Gold?  Anything?  If not what do people do with it?

Any help appreciated!

Edited by Rikki127, May 17 2018 - 12:07.

Altwar #2 Posted May 17 2018 - 06:17

Major

• Players
  • 54798 battles
  • [A-F] A-F

You can check the accelerated crew experience box and not worry about accruing more XP to sit on your tank.  Instead it'll go towards adding to your crew's experience though as they gain skills, the contribution will seem less and less because as each skill is gained, a lot more XP is needed for the next.

But as for the XP you already have on your tanks, you can use gold to convert them to free XP which allows you to use that XP on any tank you are researching.  The current rate is 25 XP to 1 gold but when there's a special, it goes to 35 XP to 1 gold.   Personally I think it's a waste of money to convert XP to free XP unless you just have to have some free XP because you just have to push on your research grind.   

I've a pool of about 1.6 million on my tanks because things happen but there's no way I'm going to spend the money to buy the gold to convert it, but I can understand some players just feel there is more value in free xp-ing their way up a tech tree rather than taking the time to grind up some rough parts.   Hope this helps.

JakeTheMystic #3 Posted May 17 2018 - 06:18

Captain

• Players
  • 21303 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

You can convert old tank xp into free xp. At its standard price, it will cost 1 gold for every 25xp converted, but you can get it up to 35xp if you wait for a sale. (There most likely won't be another sale for a while since they just recently had one.)

Unless you have a lot of excess gold to throw around, I wouldn't recommend wasting it on converting xp. Gold is more useful for things like dismounting complex equipment, then moving it to the next tank in the line. 

Rikki127 #4 Posted May 17 2018 - 12:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7103 battles
  • [DODMD] DODMD

Great, guys, thanks for the info!  I didn't know about the crew acceleration thing.  I understand how the benefit diminishes with each new skill but that's at least something.

As for the gold exchange thing, here comes my 2nd embarrassing question: how does one accrue gold?  I assume you can buy it with real money, but I know there must be another way since I have a small amount (36) but have no idea how I earned it.  

Nunya_000 #5 Posted May 17 2018 - 14:29

Major

• Players
  • 21033 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostRikki127, on May 17 2018 - 03:14, said:

Great, guys, thanks for the info!  I didn't know about the crew acceleration thing.  I understand how the benefit diminishes with each new skill but that's at least something.

As for the gold exchange thing, here comes my 2nd embarrassing question: how does one accrue gold?  I assume you can buy it with real money, but I know there must be another way since I have a small amount (36) but have no idea how I earned it.  

Gold is sometimes given as a reward in some events, but it is usually not very much.  Sometimes you can get about 300 gold by changing your password, but I do not think that offer is on the table at this time.  You can earn gold in tournaments....but tournaments have been on the shelf lately.  I understand they will be back, though.  In some cases you can get the gold equivalence if rewarded a premium tank you already own.

Basically, there are a few ways to acquire a little bit of gold, but the most common method is to buy it with real money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users