Jump to content


IS-7 is literally the best scout in the game


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

WatashiWaDikkuGaDais #1 Posted May 17 2018 - 07:28

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 3724 battles
  • 165
  • Member since:
    12-11-2014
Just a post to let everyone know my IS-7 has higher spotting damage per game than most of my light tanks   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 


Edited by WatashiWaDikkuGaDais, May 17 2018 - 07:28.


Gravtech #2 Posted May 17 2018 - 07:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 28203 battles
  • 4,172
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013
now we know

Thunder_Storm_713 #3 Posted May 17 2018 - 08:35

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12603 battles
  • 292
  • [DD-S] DD-S
  • Member since:
    06-08-2015

View PostWatashiWaDikkuGaDais, on May 17 2018 - 18:28, said:

Just a post to let everyone know my IS-7 has higher spotting damage per game than most of my light tanks   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

 

I mean, damage caused to vehicles after you track them counts towards it soooo....

RedBaronK #4 Posted May 17 2018 - 08:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 38793 battles
  • 2,657
  • [MAIDS] MAIDS
  • Member since:
    11-26-2012

View PostGravtech, on May 17 2018 - 06:39, said:

now we know

 

.... And knowing is half the battle!



_Gungrave_ #5 Posted May 17 2018 - 09:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 40520 battles
  • 14,219
  • [JGRN] JGRN
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostRedBaronK, on May 17 2018 - 08:48, said:

 

.... And knowing is half the battle!

 



scottie_ #6 Posted May 17 2018 - 10:52

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11950 battles
  • 218
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
  • Member since:
    04-25-2012
yeah, that's the reason I run optics on mine.  The armor, speed and vision of the tank just make it a peerless spotter IMO.

Scorpiany #7 Posted May 17 2018 - 11:24

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 32339 battles
  • 11,881
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

The problem with the high Tier light tanks is that high Tier gameplay is all about holding a position, not the spotting mechanics. Tanks that are playing aggressively at the front-lines, and can keep their position, will end up with very high amounts of spotting damage. Quite obviously, it's the medium tanks or faster heavies that are most capable of holding aggressive positions, which means that the light tanks are forced to rely on concealment and not view range. Passive scouts end up with less spotting than aggressive mediums.

 

It's just another symptom of medium tanks making light tanks rather irrelevant, and just doing the light tank role far better than light tanks themselves can.

 

IMO, even though Tier 9 and Tier 10 light tanks were a cool concept, only light tanks Tier 8 and below really having any sort of meaning / purpose to them. Even then, most Tier 8 light tanks aren't very good in comparison to the medium tanks; with a few rare exceptions such as the T92 and WZ-132.



_Brew_ #8 Posted May 17 2018 - 18:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 19649 battles
  • 2,371
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View Post_Gungrave_, on May 17 2018 - 03:12, said:

 

 



scottie_ #9 Posted May 17 2018 - 19:05

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11950 battles
  • 218
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
  • Member since:
    04-25-2012

View PostScorpiany, on May 17 2018 - 10:24, said:

The problem with the high Tier light tanks is that high Tier gameplay is all about holding a position, not the spotting mechanics. Tanks that are playing aggressively at the front-lines, and can keep their position, will end up with very high amounts of spotting damage. Quite obviously, it's the medium tanks or faster heavies that are most capable of holding aggressive positions, which means that the light tanks are forced to rely on concealment and not view range. Passive scouts end up with less spotting than aggressive mediums.

 

It's just another symptom of medium tanks making light tanks rather irrelevant, and just doing the light tank role far better than light tanks themselves can.

 

IMO, even though Tier 9 and Tier 10 light tanks were a cool concept, only light tanks Tier 8 and below really having any sort of meaning / purpose to them. Even then, most Tier 8 light tanks aren't very good in comparison to the medium tanks; with a few rare exceptions such as the T92 and WZ-132.

 

so what's fix? Buff tier 9/10 LT? Or just get rid of them all together?  Make the occasional tier 8 LT a novelty in a tier 10 battle, kind of like back in the day when the tier V scouts got into a tier X match.

WatashiWaDikkuGaDais #10 Posted May 17 2018 - 23:58

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 3724 battles
  • 165
  • Member since:
    12-11-2014

View PostThunder_Storm_713, on May 16 2018 - 23:35, said:

 

I mean, damage caused to vehicles after you track them counts towards it soooo....

 

thats why i said spotting instead of assist damage in general, i hardly get assistance from tracking in the is7 and most of the assistance i get comes from my spotting 

Bobomite #11 Posted May 18 2018 - 11:40

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19081 battles
  • 1,570
  • [BOBO] BOBO
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011

View Postscottie_, on May 17 2018 - 12:05, said:

 

so what's fix? Buff tier 9/10 LT? Or just get rid of them all together?  Make the occasional tier 8 LT a novelty in a tier 10 battle, kind of like back in the day when the tier V scouts got into a tier X match.

 

The maps need to be bigger, is what the fix is.

 

Tier X tanks on Mines is one of the clearest examples of WG not understanding their own game IMO.



Boxhawk #12 Posted May 18 2018 - 12:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 27177 battles
  • 3,390
  • [FADES] FADES
  • Member since:
    04-23-2012

View PostScorpiany, on May 17 2018 - 05:24, said:

The problem with the high Tier light tanks is that high Tier gameplay is all about holding a position, not the spotting mechanics. Tanks that are playing aggressively at the front-lines, and can keep their position, will end up with very high amounts of spotting damage. Quite obviously, it's the medium tanks or faster heavies that are most capable of holding aggressive positions, which means that the light tanks are forced to rely on concealment and not view range. Passive scouts end up with less spotting than aggressive mediums.

 

It's just another symptom of medium tanks making light tanks rather irrelevant, and just doing the light tank role far better than light tanks themselves can.

 

IMO, even though Tier 9 and Tier 10 light tanks were a cool concept, only light tanks Tier 8 and below really having any sort of meaning / purpose to them. Even then, most Tier 8 light tanks aren't very good in comparison to the medium tanks; with a few rare exceptions such as the T92 and WZ-132.

 

Exactly.  The sweet spot for lights today are tiers 6 and 7.  The tanks at these tiers are really fun to play and you can have a yuuuge impact on the match.   Even tier 8's have lost the edge. The Bulldog is just a pathetic shadow of what used to be the best tier 8 light.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users