Warhammer 40k Tanks

warhammer 40k tanks feedback

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

PW59 #41 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 19:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20717 battles
I would like to have the KV 2 but I refuse to spend any money with WG after the arty nerf,

AtreidesN7 #42 Posted Jul 02 2018 - 01:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 844 battles

View PostAvalon304, on May 17 2018 - 21:12, said:

They look great. Now bring the Valkyria tanks out here.

This x10

I am semi-surprised at the player base's anger/push back towards these types of tanks and any other 'non-historical' tanks.

I think people forget that a lot of the tanks in this game were/are only blueprints, prototypes (acceptable though) or barely even 'paper tanks.' 

In line with that, that creates a lot of liberal' stats and values that are only slightly or partially based in fact.

So many of the actual produced tanks are changed for 'balancing,' for example, the 88mm (56 and 71) has much higher pen values, proven. But yet, that is not reflected in game (on this, the 88mm L56 could not be nerfed anymore with an insulting and garbage pen value of only 145mm, please the actual pen value is the equivalent to the in game 88mm 71 values).

Adding a bit of diversity in the game with Valkyria Chronicle tanks ​isn't a crazy or poor notion, plus they don't exactly look out of the timeline or design of WW2 era tanks.

If things like that annoy you, the crazy Russian tanks that barely feel like they are balanced at all should infuriate you.

Omega_Weapon #43 Posted Jul 03 2018 - 00:51

Captain

• Players
  • 47355 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostAtreidesN7, on Jul 01 2018 - 19:57, said:

I am semi-surprised at the player base's anger/push back towards these types of tanks and any other 'non-historical' tanks.

I think people forget that a lot of the tanks in this game were/are only blueprints, prototypes (acceptable though) or barely even 'paper tanks.' 

In line with that, that creates a lot of liberal' stats and values that are only slightly or partially based in fact.

So many of the actual produced tanks are changed for 'balancing,' for example, the 88mm (56 and 71) has much higher pen values, proven. But yet, that is not reflected in game (on this, the 88mm L56 could not be nerfed anymore with an insulting and garbage pen value of only 145mm, please the actual pen value is the equivalent to the in game 88mm 71 values).

Adding a bit of diversity in the game with Valkyria Chronicle tanks ​isn't a crazy or poor notion, plus they don't exactly look out of the timeline or design of WW2 era tanks.

Yes the tanks in game are not 100% realistic or accurate, but they are still based closely on real tanks that were built or in most other cases were going to be built until circumstances changed. The "fabricated" tanks are very plausible and were needed to bridge gaps in tech trees. There is still a feel of historical accuracy in the game, even after blueprint and theoretical tanks are included. It still maintains a historical feel even with armour and gun values tweaked to suit wargaming's idea of balance. The Warhammer tanks don't go too far because they are just regular tank models already in the game with some added decoration. Completely fictional cartoon tanks invented just for use in an anime are too much for many players like myself who got into this game because we love tanks and real military history. Once it gets to that point may as well add in heat seeking missiles, AT-STs and Mario Kart consumable too.

Edited by Omega_Weapon, Jul 03 2018 - 01:03.

rich73 #44 Posted Jul 04 2018 - 23:18

Major

• Players
  • 50943 battles

View PostBigDollarBillz, on May 17 2018 - 07:58, said:

Nothing wrong with what you guys did by making a premium version of the kv-2. I just wish y'all would find a way to bring the player base back. I can't afford to get the kv-2 or any other premium after becoming disabled from a stroke and failing heart. I would love to start seeing 30 to 50 k players online.

You dont see this as just a cheap way to grab money?WG should actually work for their money,as in improving the biggest peave of the game called MM.And getting rid of crashes and bugs would be good work for them also.Not just easy ways to milk kids of their money.

Also tagged with warhammer, 40k, tanks, feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users