Jump to content


I hate the B-C 12t...


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

SKurj #1 Posted May 17 2018 - 22:12

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 11681 battles
  • 957
  • Member since:
    09-05-2010

Currently working my way up the on-track to the BC25...

 

Ok I enjoyed the AMX 13-75, and was looking forward to getting the 12t... but what a let down.. even with the top gun its pretty ineffective.   I have taken to equipping camo and binocs and just hoping i get some spot damage before I die...

 

The 13 75 at least seemed like it was able to dish it out abit, but this thing...  ack I think it is lowest or 2nd lowest in DPM for tier and class...

 

 



Gang_Starr #2 Posted May 17 2018 - 22:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 14884 battles
  • 2,854
  • Member since:
    04-09-2014
I personally loved it, it's a really strong LT when played correctly and DPM doesn't matter when you can clip out 700 damage in a few seconds. Playing this thing with a camo net and binocs is a waste.

Says #3 Posted May 17 2018 - 22:26

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 12093 battles
  • 696
  • Member since:
    11-16-2013
I'm sorry its giving you hell...I have seen a good number of folks complain about it lately.  Personally I enjoy it and do pretty well in it (for me at least).  Hands down my highest win rate for a tank that I have any meaningful number of games in.

I've always played it fairly passively early, looking for spots and guys caught alone.  Then mid to late game start flexing and assassinating. 

Hope it gets better for ya, if you want all the tanks out of it you'll need a lot of games in her.

Edited by Says, May 17 2018 - 22:27.


Wingnuttz33 #4 Posted May 17 2018 - 22:44

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19042 battles
  • 77
  • [SCRUU] SCRUU
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011

View PostSays, on May 17 2018 - 16:26, said:

I'm sorry its giving you hell...I have seen a good number of folks complain about it lately.  Personally I enjoy it and do pretty well in it (for me at least).  Hands down my highest win rate for a tank that I have any meaningful number of games in.

I've always played it fairly passively early, looking for spots and guys caught alone.  Then mid to late game start flexing and assassinating. 

Hope it gets better for ya, if you want all the tanks out of it you'll need a lot of games in her.

I have been going up this line and just got the tier 8. Could i bother you to ask how you equipped the tank and crew? and would you continue to go up the light line, or branch to the meds?

I don't have much experience in lights, but have played the t-49, Biz, chaffee, i LOVE the Type 64.

 

Thanks,

Wingnuttz33



Drone157 #5 Posted May 17 2018 - 22:47

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20347 battles
  • 210
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    01-19-2012

It isn’t a damage dealer or a spotter. It’s an assassin, a very rare and unique play style in WoT.

Your goal is to finish opponents. Don’t bother wasting your clip unless you’re confident your target will die because of it.

 

Either finish your target yourself or bring them so low an ally can finish him. Don’t both shooting the fronts of most vehicles, instead circle around them.

 

Auto-Loaders are not about DPM, they’re about DPS, so you must play them accordingly. Your ability to scout is most useful toward the ‘END’ of the match, don’t focus on trying to scout too much.



MachinGun567 #6 Posted May 17 2018 - 22:49

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17997 battles
  • 154
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
  • Member since:
    06-02-2012

View PostSKurj, on May 17 2018 - 21:12, said:

Currently working my way up the on-track to the BC25...

 

Ok I enjoyed the AMX 13-75, and was looking forward to getting the 12t... but what a let down.. even with the top gun its pretty ineffective.   I have taken to equipping camo and binocs and just hoping i get some spot damage before I die...

 

The 13 75 at least seemed like it was able to dish it out abit, but this thing...  ack I think it is lowest or 2nd lowest in DPM for tier and class...

 

 

Like mine just load gold and ur good to go or pick fights that you can win and do hot and runs when they aren't looking at you.



Drone157 #7 Posted May 17 2018 - 22:57

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20347 battles
  • 210
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    01-19-2012

I equip my b-c 12 t with Vents, Coated Optics, and a Gun-Laying Drive. This limits the amount of time I’m sitting still and increases my ability to spot late game. My crew has Sixth Sense, vision perks, camo skill, and gun stabilization. In that order.

My ammunition setup is 2/3 standard 1/3 premium.

My consumables are Large repair kit, Food, and small first aid kit.

 

large repair kit because sometimes you lose your tracks and engine at once, and a small kit won’t save you. Food instead of a fire extinguisher because I rarely catch on fire and the boost is noticeable enough to make a decent difference.



4TankersAndDog #8 Posted May 17 2018 - 23:00

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 25777 battles
  • 1,800
  • [122MM] 122MM
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013
Indeed the BC12t sucks in many and unexpected ways, sorry.

SKurj #9 Posted May 17 2018 - 23:58

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 11681 battles
  • 957
  • Member since:
    09-05-2010

View Post4TankersAndDog, on May 17 2018 - 17:00, said:

Indeed the BC12t sucks in many and unexpected ways, sorry.

 

Thanks for that!  Well I sure hope the grind for the 25 will be worth it!!  Now to come up with a decent play style for this thing...

WatashiWaDikkuGaDais #10 Posted May 18 2018 - 00:00

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 3735 battles
  • 166
  • Member since:
    12-11-2014
Weird, i hated the 13 75 but absolutely love the BC12t and ill likely end up 3 marking it

RoIito #11 Posted May 18 2018 - 00:36

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 10674 battles
  • 529
  • [TNKGG] TNKGG
  • Member since:
    12-23-2016
I use it with vents, vstab and optics, it can go up to 445m of vr and the gun handling is ok, the only bad thing is that the engine gets knocked out pretty easily, along with the tracks.

Insanefriend #12 Posted May 18 2018 - 00:39

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 34780 battles
  • 78
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012

View PostSKurj, on May 17 2018 - 15:12, said:

Currently working my way up the on-track to the BC25...

 

Ok I enjoyed the AMX 13-75, and was looking forward to getting the 12t... but what a let down.. even with the top gun its pretty ineffective.   I have taken to equipping camo and binocs and just hoping i get some spot damage before I die...

 

The 13 75 at least seemed like it was able to dish it out abit, but this thing...  ack I think it is lowest or 2nd lowest in DPM for tier and class...

 

 

If you don't like the b-c 12t you won't like the b-c 25 t ap.  Yes it has a bigger gun, but it's bigger, slower, gun handling turn to french troll and turns like a sloth.  Plus you loose your bonus camo while moving for not being a scout anymore.  I preferred the b-c 12t to the b-c 25t ap, it is quite a good flanker for doing like 600 damage and taking out a tank.

 

I will say most of the short comings of the b-c 25t ap get fixed when you get the b-c 25t.

 

 


Edited by Insanefriend, May 18 2018 - 00:40.


gideonan #13 Posted May 18 2018 - 03:35

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 17353 battles
  • 371
  • [OLD_I] OLD_I
  • Member since:
    09-17-2016
I've unlocked all the tanks in it and the crew advanced to the tier 9 light. My load up is vents binocs/net. I do a lot of scouting. The hardest part is accepting that in the early part you are more effective NOT firing and controlling the map. You fire you get spotted and you die. After that you should be getting a feel for just how screwed you are.

I've run it to the backline and took out an arty or two. Also you have to look for openings. Is there a couple tanks fighting where you can flank and turn the battle with 4 quick shot. If so get in there fast and assassinate it. Really your games depend more on what openings there are and capitalizing.

End game that thing is a beast because there are generally low HP tanks you can finish. Also you can use great spotting and camo to ambush. Not an easy tank to play when you get fed to tier 10s though.

SKurj #14 Posted May 18 2018 - 04:05

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 11681 battles
  • 957
  • Member since:
    09-05-2010

View Postgideonan, on May 17 2018 - 21:35, said:

I've unlocked all the tanks in it and the crew advanced to the tier 9 light. My load up is vents binocs/net. I do a lot of scouting. The hardest part is accepting that in the early part you are more effective NOT firing and controlling the map. You fire you get spotted and you die. After that you should be getting a feel for just how screwed you are.

I've run it to the backline and took out an arty or two. Also you have to look for openings. Is there a couple tanks fighting where you can flank and turn the battle with 4 quick shot. If so get in there fast and assassinate it. Really your games depend more on what openings there are and capitalizing.

End game that thing is a beast because there are generally low HP tanks you can finish. Also you can use great spotting and camo to ambush. Not an easy tank to play when you get fed to tier 10s though.

 

That was my initial impression as well, it seemed to be the tank to hide and scout as long as you can saving the ammo until later in the battle.  I found i could be alot more active in the 13 75, this thing not so much.

I am trying optics vstab and vents atm, from vents binocs and camo...  but it has been a miserable evening :(

 

Hope we get new french lines soon... as this thing is used to grind all t9 meds and lights for french line... 450k+ exp....



WatashiWaDikkuGaDais #15 Posted May 18 2018 - 05:36

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 3735 battles
  • 166
  • Member since:
    12-11-2014

View PostWatashiWaDikkuGaDais, on May 17 2018 - 15:00, said:

Weird, i hated the 13 75 but absolutely love the BC12t and ill likely end up 3 marking it

 

I should quote myself here just to say that i am currently the top ranked BC12t player on NA so any of my thoughts on the tank may not be applicable 

Sventex #16 Posted May 18 2018 - 06:30

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 4077 battles
  • 116
  • Member since:
    03-07-2012

Yes I even made a thread asking about the damn thing, wondering why the hell I got a mark of excellence with my 39% winrate in the thing.  I can only guess I should have been more passive in the tank.  I finally managed to get to the AMX 13 90 via a rough weekend marathon.  But I eventually ditched my AMX 13 90 and move back to my AMX 13 75 because frankly, I don't know the armor profiles of tier 10 tanks and hitting them in the rear or sides with gold doesn't penetrate half the time.  There's just no fun factor with the bat chat 12t, the guns is derpy, and slow loading and completely inadequate against tier 10 tanks anyway and even when top tier, you'd be better off in a 13 75 with the faster, more accurate gun.  It's telling that I often lose if I get stuck in a duel with a 13-75.

 

http://forum.worldof...e-bc-12t-wrong/


Edited by Sventex, May 18 2018 - 06:32.


Says #17 Posted May 23 2018 - 21:03

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 12093 battles
  • 696
  • Member since:
    11-16-2013

View PostWingnuttz33, on May 17 2018 - 22:44, said:

I have been going up this line and just got the tier 8. Could i bother you to ask how you equipped the tank and crew? and would you continue to go up the light line, or branch to the meds?

I don't have much experience in lights, but have played the t-49, Biz, chaffee, i LOVE the Type 64.

 

Thanks,

Wingnuttz33

 

Hey sorry I just saw this Wing.  I put vert stab, optics and vents on mine.  First path I went took me down the BC25 mediums past the 12 t.  I really enjoy both of the medium bat chats.  I'm working on unlocking the AMX now, I unlocked the T9 light but haven't played it yet.  So that said, I am not sure how much love to give the lights or the AMX line but I LOVE the BC meds.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users