xvm hide arty cancer pain

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

tonkmato #21 Posted May 18 2018 - 00:56

Captain

• Players
  • 14124 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
I don't use XVM. I also don't feel I get focused by XVM users. But I do focus people with top clan tags when I get the chance, because if I don't I'm sure they will utterly destroy my oblivious teammates. I'm sure it happens to me too, but it is what it is.

scHnuuudle_bop #22 Posted May 18 2018 - 01:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 16321 battles
  • [MUG-T] MUG-T

View PostCGrease, on May 17 2018 - 23:04, said:

I try to cater my play style to what ever tank i'm playing, as much as i like to be in the heat of battle i know when i should hang back and when to go balls deep. I would like to believe Xvm focus is a myth if i hadn't seen players better than myself, rage in chat about arty dropping a deuce on them the whole game.

Oh I didn't say it did not exist. It is not the problem some make it out to be. There is a small proportion of players who have XVM installed.

I do not display it in game, either with the player tank labels or player lists.

I do freely admit, during loading, I will look and see who on my team to look at for play hints, and to pay attention to their pings. And the enemy team, who to watch out for. I will occasionally ALT to view the players lists, as there are three or four enemies bugging my allies. And from that I will focus on the better player. As a rule I don't bother, as it is generally evident who is the biggest threat by their playing.

BUt XVM was driven by the competitive clan or tourney players to accomplish just that, who to focus on, so why not everyone. I was convinced to use it, by good players on this forum. It is a tool, available to all, so why not use it. 

Sgt__Guffy #23 Posted May 18 2018 - 01:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3426 battles

View PostCGrease, on May 17 2018 - 15:31, said:

Is there any way to hide your stats from xvm? I'm tired of players focusing based on stats. WG shouldnt even allow XVM to display the opposing teams stats until after the battle.

I'm sure theres a bunch of people out there ready to tell me that its not banned so i should use it because then i'm just limiting myself blah blah blah. I used to use xvm but found that my mood was better not knowing the competency of my team as well as being able to go into a battle with very little bias.

WG bans XVM, that removes the problem.

XVM is a curse, abomination and a festering pool of iniquity! 

SkunkButt #24 Posted May 18 2018 - 01:41

Captain

• Players
  • 191 battles

I turned off XVM years ago, and have never looked back.

It's not that I want to figure out who the most skilled - re: dangerous - player is on the opposing team, it's because I could not handle seeing 13 reds, a yellow, and a green being put up against a platoon of purples, a couple of freelance purples, a blue or two, some greens and two lonely reds on the enemy team.  Over and over and over again.  That's the way WG wants it, so that MM will never change.

rich73 #25 Posted May 18 2018 - 01:44

Major

• Players
  • 48524 battles

View PostHurk, on May 17 2018 - 13:40, said:

its a competitive game. knowing your opponent is part of that. get over it. 

What about the unfair advantage??What am I saying?Peeps who need to cheat dont care.And neither does WG care about anything other then your money,so cus these cheaters pay money ,WG lets them cheat.

scHnuuudle_bop #26 Posted May 18 2018 - 01:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 16321 battles
  • [MUG-T] MUG-T

it is available to all, so it is not a cheat. 

Those who chose not to install it, that is their problem , not WarGaming.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #27 Posted May 18 2018 - 06:05

Major

• Players
  • 25937 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostCGrease, on May 17 2018 - 14:00, said:

View PostDrone157, on May 17 2018 - 21:40, said:

2 things.

1. Only way to camouflage your stats is to let someone who is terrible at the game play a couple hundred matches in between your sessions.

2. Your stats aren’t high enough to warrant focusing, so you should consider looking at your own gameplay instead of blaming XVM.

After playing 8-10 matches yesterday, i did look at my own gameplay and changed it but i still got focused by arty despite trying to stay behind cover. Maybe my stats aren't high enough to warrant focusing from you, but i do recall when i had xvm that most players on a given team are usually "tomatoes". My main gripe about Xvm is in regards to arty.

30% of players max have XVM, you can see it when the game is loading.  Someone tracked their battles for months and less than 10% of arty has XVM, so that's why people are calling it for what it is, imagination.  And as others are saying, if there's any XVM focus going on it your battles, they wouldn't be focusing you, flat out.

scHnuuudle_bop #28 Posted May 18 2018 - 11:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 16321 battles
  • [MUG-T] MUG-T

View PostCGrease, on May 17 2018 - 23:00, said:

After playing 8-10 matches yesterday, i did look at my own gameplay and changed it but i still got focused by arty despite trying to stay behind cover. Maybe my stats aren't high enough to warrant focusing from you, but i do recall when i had xvm that most players on a given team are usually "tomatoes". My main gripe about Xvm is in regards to arty.

ah,  well I hate to break it to you then, if you are trying to hide from arty, and the arty can reach over it, then the focus is because , it is a major role for support, rooting you out.

You are not being focused on because of your stats, it is your parking. If your spot to hide is not covering you, even 1% of you hanging over either side of a small rock, and I can clip it, and cause damage, still there for another shell, so be it. Same with the top, if you are showing even a small part of your turret, I can hit you. I look for just that scenario. It is your parking spot that draws fire. Your enemies will be calling for fire to further draw attention. 

As was said above, the chances of more than one arty having XVM is slim, given there is about 30% who use it.

Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, May 18 2018 - 11:43.

Malayus #29 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 21:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 63825 battles
  • [CTPA] CTPA
XVM de best way to see suicidal players when his team had odd stats :trollface:

Cognitive_Dissonance #30 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 22:06

Major

• Players
  • 37854 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on May 17 2018 - 15:43, said:

no hiding, comfort yourself in the knowledge that the XVM focus is a myth.

when you had XVM you must have notice very few have it installed. maybe 30%, if that.

you must have one of those styles of play where you are up front, and subject of lots of requests for fire, as you are kicking the snot out of red guys.

I have XVM, but only display the players stats and colours during loading, and only red/green over tank markers as type and HP. I find myself frequently targeting the better players as they naturally are the biggest threat by their play, not stats.

And those 30% who have it installed, almost 90% of all arty run XVM, lol.

Cognitive_Dissonance #31 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 22:08

Major

• Players
  • 37854 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on May 17 2018 - 23:05, said:

30% of players max have XVM, you can see it when the game is loading.  Someone tracked their battles for months and less than 10% of arty has XVM, so that's why people are calling it for what it is, imagination.  And as others are saying, if there's any XVM focus going on it your battles, they wouldn't be focusing you, flat out.

He would be XVM focused more than likely, you . . . nope.

SporkBoy #32 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 22:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 32470 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
At game start I always point out the top red players. Two minutes in everyone paying attention sees what top red is doing. Always take out top red.

Focus fire is a very effective tactic.

If you don't want to get hit by arty then keep moving.

Nunya_000 #33 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 22:27

Major

• Players
  • 20959 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostCGrease, on May 17 2018 - 14:00, said:

......but i still got focused by arty despite trying to stay behind cover. .....

Everybody thinks they are focused by arty.  

Also tagged with xvm, hide, arty, cancer, pain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users