Frontline - Fast Capping A, B, and C

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

cheapbooks #1 Posted May 18 2018 - 13:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35172 battles
  • [CBKS] CBKS

I played a game where the enemy capped A, B, and C in about 2 minutes. here is the replay:

https://youtu.be/MZenAt_WHTI

Edited by cheapbooks, May 18 2018 - 13:36.

ThePigSheFlies #2 Posted May 18 2018 - 14:08

Major

• Players
  • 61991 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

it happens both ways.  I've been on a team that played so passive on attack, that the defenders pushed all 3 caps back to behind the redline at one point in the battle.  spawn in, be unlucky enough to be in one of the visible locations and get farmed instantly.

that usually only happens on C from what I've seen but to see it at the same time on A and B was mind blowing.

eventually the team broke out on A and B, but they never took another cap..

_Tsavo_ #3 Posted May 18 2018 - 14:10

Major

• Players
  • 40060 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

Want to win a boatload of extra time and actually properly farm the dim dams?

You stack 6+ guys on each cap right off the bat and they literally can't stop it.  You don't focus on the flanks or anything else for the first zones.  You throw bodies on the cap and evict the defenders.  Then you can go farm your damage and experience with plenty of time on the clock.  

OldFrog75 #4 Posted May 18 2018 - 14:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 9899 battles
  • [5M0K3] 5M0K3

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 18 2018 - 05:10, said:

You stack 6+ guys on each cap right off the bat and they literally can't stop it.  You don't focus on the flanks or anything else for the first zones.  You throw bodies on the cap and evict the defenders.  Then you can go farm your damage and experience with plenty of time on the clock.  

Good plan but getting the other 5 to follow you is not easy.  Frequently find myself there first in a light tank and then dead shortly thereafter.

_Tsavo_ #5 Posted May 18 2018 - 14:16

Major

• Players
  • 40060 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View PostOldFrog75, on May 18 2018 - 08:14, said:

Good plan but getting the other 5 to follow you is not easy.  Frequently find myself there first in a light tank and then dead shortly thereafter.

Because most players are dumb and don't have the objectives in mind.  

I've had decent luck with explaining how we can dogpile cap, but we require 6 or more bodies and they'll have to leave our cap circle after 2 minutes.  It's worked out more than I thought just simply explaining it.

If you find yourself going to the cap alone or with 2-3 guys, best to bail out at the very start as you'll likely be crushed and waste the initial tank you're in.

F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #6 Posted May 18 2018 - 14:20

Major

• Players
  • 48874 battles
  • [FATE] FATE

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 18 2018 - 08:10, said:

This is especially true for A & B, and it is so frustrating to see fast tanks (lights & mediums) go for the perimeter, when they could get to cap, exactly as you described, and help put everyone in a position of being able to farm beaucoup damage in those first couple of minutes.

Bad_Oedipus #7 Posted May 18 2018 - 14:47

Captain

• -Players-
  • 37010 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 18 2018 - 08:16, said:

Not as intellectually challenged as those six players with full health not willing to enter the last circle when there is 30 seconds left in the game.... I guess they don't want to abuse repair cost system in FL.

24cups #8 Posted May 18 2018 - 15:27

Captain

• Players
  • 22166 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Works even faster if you have lights using engineer too. But the heavies have to cover them.

StrachwitzPzGraf #9 Posted May 18 2018 - 15:34

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 34041 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO

Absolutely -- My first tank choice is always one that has a) engineering b) is fast enough to get to the cap early and c) has enough armor to take a few shots -- my WZ120 fits the bill nicely --

If I am on the attacking side -- I always request team to cap fast need at least 5 tanks on cap ASAP -- In most games I'm then lucky if you get 2-3 (including me) --

If I am on the defending side -- it is all about sniping and being close enough to do a Kamikaze run to use my engineering to stop the capping action in the hopes that a couple attackers can be knocked out, and hopefully the cap defended.  Again, most defenders do not see that need to be "all in" on stopping the cap.

Be interesting to see how the changes to the capping times patched in today influence things -- I think coordinated attackers already had the easier game -- this will just make it that much easier for them.

Edited by timelabor, May 18 2018 - 15:35.

_C00KIE #10 Posted May 18 2018 - 15:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22486 battles

View Posttimelabor, on May 18 2018 - 07:34, said:

Absolutely -- My first tank choice is always one that has a) engineering b) is fast enough to get to the cap early and c) has enough armor to take a few shots -- my WZ120 fits the bill nicely --

WZ-120 is Tier IX...... curious how you played that in FL?

Marchosia #11 Posted May 18 2018 - 17:20

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17585 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 18 2018 - 14:10, said:

Saw that done last night- and it was effective.  

Pongo #12 Posted May 18 2018 - 17:27

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23538 battles

if I get lucky and spawn a medium for attack, I just say cap "B" before they get arty, I have full engineer

get some good results with that. Most of the time I guess the wrong vehicle and have a TD for attack.

NeatoMan #13 Posted May 18 2018 - 17:36

Major

• Players
  • 25530 battles

Still figuring out the combat reserves, so I went with the easiest one first (engineer).  Took me a while to figure out how to deploy a smoke screen.

I try cap rush with my MT (w/ engineer) first, then try it in my LT (w/engineer and smokescreen) if players aren't helping.

btw are the reserves consumed each use?  I haven't seen diddly squat from WG on the mechanics of how reserves are supposed to work.  All I know is that engineer is the only passive one.

commander42 #14 Posted May 18 2018 - 18:00

Major

• Players
  • 23091 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View Post24cups, on May 18 2018 - 09:27, said:

Works even faster if you have lights using engineer too. But the heavies have to cover them.

my OHO works great at that if there is any lights on the cap by the time I can get there, instant giant cover.  Problem is lights have to go there and survive til then.

Blackstone #15 Posted May 18 2018 - 19:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14404 battles
  • [-IGC-] -IGC-

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 18 2018 - 08:16, said:

Captain_Rownd #16 Posted May 18 2018 - 22:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2177 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 18 2018 - 14:10, said:

You stack 6+ guys on each cap right off the bat and they literally can't stop it. 

Only if the defenders are really passive.  The defenders can do the same, or get a couple spotters and bombard the exposed cappers from the flanks and it will stop very fast. 

_Tsavo_ #17 Posted May 18 2018 - 23:51

Major

• Players
  • 40060 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on May 18 2018 - 16:58, said:

Only if the defenders are really passive.  The defenders can do the same, or get a couple spotters and bombard the exposed cappers from the flanks and it will stop very fast. 

I have yet to not cap with 5 or more blitzing it, we're already halfway capped before the shots arrive.  It's basically the accepted method if you ask anyone who's good at the game.  Can it be defeated?  Sure.  But it's the best bet to make the most of the game.

Captain_Rownd #18 Posted May 19 2018 - 00:32

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2177 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 18 2018 - 23:51, said:

I have yet to not cap with 5 or more blitzing it,

Sure, because usually you don't have both teams aggressive "blitz" at the same time.  One will be more passive/organized, and the other more aggressive/organized.  If both are aggressive/organized it evens out.  If 5 are in the cap from both sides you aren't going to maybe cap at all until the bloodbath is over. 

I always start out in the T-44 FL and enjoy having all those aggressive juicy tender sides to spot and shoot at from the flanks right away.  :D  I don't like waiting for dinner. 

Edited by Captain_Rownd, May 19 2018 - 00:32.

Hurk #19 Posted May 19 2018 - 02:51

Major

• Players
  • 49743 battles
  • [KGR] KGR
3 IS6 with engineering 5 and its almost always a sure cap. 

MetGreDKo #20 Posted May 19 2018 - 21:27

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 20370 battles
  • [R-7] R-7

The 6 on is most effective for cap A. The 3 or however many not ousting cap should secure the West flank and move up further to protect your guys sides. This permits them to utilize the rocks and sit in complete safety instead of getting shot at from multiple angles. Taking the hill can be great as a distraction to the defenders and in providing shots but the tanks up there typically take a lot of damage because of line of sight. On the West side however there's plenty of hull down spots to move between and utilize. The only real threat would be in TDs chai sniping from D.

On B it can be countered a bit more effectively, though still with some difficulty. The defenders should be moving around the East side for rear shots while others push over the center for shots. If attackers run engineer though as others mentioned then the vast majority of the time defenders won't be able to prevent cap. The flank would only just be getting into position and may take out theee of them before it's capped then have to run. Having 6 on doesn't speed it up any more than 3 but it does spread the points out and make it so the defenders are less likely to focus fire on the necessary targets. A couple tanks going to the East side to counter the flanking defenders and you can stop any serious interruption of the cap. If it's cleared out they can always swing behind or push onto cap, I tend to prefer assisting with the cap at this point.

On C with a proper defense, the fast cap is virtually impossible. You'll need to deal with snipers alone the East and the hill sniping down into you along with any hull down tanks that stay center. If you take one of the lines though, hill or East, then you may be able to position your team in such a way as to still make it viable. Take out both of their flanks and you can now bully them, preventing them from getting into a position from which they may be able to interrupt capping. East is probably best for attackers to grab as the hill can get cover under the hill proxy lighting them and preventing them getting interrupts. Meanwhile East shoots into them.

Those tend to maximize the chance of capping occurring. All else fails, your team should stack up on two fronts for a numbers advantage and just sheer force it. Keep in mind the defenders are notified by an icon above the attacking tanks that they personally have engineering equipped. Focusing them down to bring back the long wait is entirely viable for them if only one or two attackers have it, unless they're well hidden or blocked by other tanks.

For the second stage fast cap isn't likely to occur as defenders have time to set up in proper positions excepting where you have severe over match. For that always tab and pay attention to the population of both sides. 2 to 1 numbers and you can fairly safely rush cap. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users