☼ Suggestion: My big list of suggestions. ☼ *Updated 8/30*

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

_Gungrave_ #1 Posted May 19 2018 - 20:25

Major

• Players
  • 45123 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-
Over the past year or so I've tossed around a couple ideas on how things could be improved with most of these being small ideas that I've jotted down and saved for making a nice big ol thread of suggestions. Now while some of these people will say "oh there is a mod for that" I understand that but for those ideas I'd like to see some more mods standardized because they're basic changes for convenience sake.

Table of Contents - Its an absurdly large post so you'll need this lol

List of changes to the thread - Just click the spoiler tag

Suggestions - These are color coded to represent the aspects of the game they're intended to add or improve upon

• Arty MM changes
  • Add a night time version for the forest garage
  • Remove the Blacklist limit
  • Award statistics
  • Missions window
  • Server Maintenance pop up
  • Clan Chat addition: Show how many clan members are online
  • Preset Tank Loadouts
  • Personal Reserves aka "boosters" lockout
  • Booster fusion
  • Improved auto server select
  • Tech tree fix for Germany and Russia
  • Expandable research option
  • Convert tech tree tanks into premiums
  • Non special camo versions of certain premiums
  • New option for the radial command menu (Z key)
  • New Badges for various accomplishments
  1. Nation badges
  2. Senior Technical Engineer Badge
  3. Master Technical Engineer badge
  4. Ace Tanker badges
  • Tanks that need to be rebalanced
  1. AMX 65T
  2. T-34-2
  3. KV5
  4. KV4
  5. Tiger II
  • Tier 10s that need to be addressed or have changes to their line.
  1. Obj 268 v4
  2. STB-1
  3. Grille 15
  • Map issues
  1. Erlenberg
  2. Mines
  3. Cliff
  4. Fisherman's Bay
  • Map Ping limit
  • Map Ping Replacement

List of Changes to this Suggestion List

Remove Arty - The class is just game breaking and most don't play it in a way that supports the team but more often than not they hit enemy tanks near allies stunning them and getting teammates killed with their stun.

Arty MM changes - This one is obvious because due to the arty buffs from 9.18 back in 2017 there are problems when you have too many in a match. When you have 0 arty the game is A LOT of fun, 1 arty its tolerable, 2 is annoying, and 3 just kills any and all fun to be had especially on more open maps.

- I suggest you change the arty limit to no more than 2.

- If you don't do ^that^ then whenever there is a BC 155 58 make sure that arty is never placed into a match with more than 2 arty.

- Lastly...fix that damned MM bug to where it only gives one team an arty but not the other one.

Add a night time version for the forest garage - The 8th WoT anniversary garage was a really cool background and the night time version was gorgeous. Having seen that garage it got me thinking and I'm hoping for the possibility of getting this same treatment done to the default forest garage.

***Going to be adding a video later for those that weren't playing during the event to see what I'm talking about***

Remove the Blacklist limit - There is no need to have this and removing it allows people to blacklist toxic players and those who die early doing nothing but spamming the map annoying the team and throwing them off their game. I myself have hit the 1k player blacklist limit forcing me to remove random people as my blacklist is full of nothing but map spammers.

Award statistics - Allow us to see how many players has each award(Honorary, Epic, Stage, and Special) along with how many times its been given. This is purely a curiosity kind of thing as I'm sure many are curious to see how many have certain medals. Here is an example of how it is done for games on Steam and I'll use the game Skyrim as an example.

https://steamcommunity.com/stats/TheElderScrollsVSkyrim/achievements/

Missions, Store, and Depot windows - For the love of god just give us back the old menus which were much more user friendly. The old UI had everything within view and easier to navigate as opposed to the form over function style that WG has gone with. Its a case of if it ain't broke then leave it the hell alone.

Server Maintenance pop up - If server maintenance is going to occur then use the pop up system WG uses to advertise updates and new sales to notify players when they log in of upcoming maintenance.. Wouldn't be hard to do as you'd be using an existing system in the game to notify them of any server maintenance that will be done later on rather than them abruptly finding out when they're kicked off the server to see the log in screen after a match.

Clan Chat addition: Show how many clan members are online - Put an indicator in the clan chat to show how many members are online. I thought of this because its one of those "at a quick glance" kind of convenience things to know if you have enough for tier 8 and 10 Strongholds or CW.

Preset tank loadouts - Add a feature to the load out screen so you can have preset load outs for different game modes. Could have a Random Battle load out for random battles and a competitive load out obviously for the competitive modes. Overall its a convenient idea because there are times you play a tank for your clan and forget to change the load out back.

Personal Reserves aka "boosters" lockout - If server maintenance is going to occur then prevent boosters being used based upon their duration. Essentially if maintenance occurs at say 5AM EST then the booster can only be activated if the duration of it ends before the server is shut down for maintenance.

Booster fusion - Not my suggestion as this was something I saw on reddit. Allow us to fuse unwanted boosters so that we get more powerful boosters for a decreased duration. eg 2x 25% boosters for 4 hours = 1x 50% booster for 2 hours...2x 50% boosters for 2 hours = 1x 100% booster for 1 hour....and so on. Only limitation I can see is making it to where you can't fuse 200% boosters as anything higher than that would be completely broken. Remember that WG already experimented with a fusion system for both the 2016 and 2017 holiday events for those decorations so it wouldn't be much of a stretch for them to reuse that system. I consider this to be a very balanced idea because you would be sacrificing 2 boosters to get a more powerful one with a more realistic duration for playing. Most probably never use the 4 and 2 hour boosters because they likely don't play that long anyway. If it helps get this put into the game WG could make it a feature for premium users which as we all know money talks and anything that helps make them money is quicker to be implemented.

Improved auto server select - Make it to where it selects the server with the better connection for you as many of us are sick of being thrown on the LATAM server. Some call this suggestion lazy saying "oh its 2 extra clicks" but this should have been a non-issue from the start if the auto select worked properly.

Tech tree fix for Germany and Russia - There is a mod that compacts the tech tree into a verticle or horizontal fashion so you don't have to do any sort of scrolling when viewing the German and Russian trees.

Expandable research option - This currently exists as a mod that shows a drop down window above the vehicle stats in the garage. This shows how much XP left until you elite the current tank and how much until you unlock the next tank. Only difference between the mod and this suggestion is for this to show you how much XP till you can unlock each module. Again this is something a few people might say is lazy but its a convenience thing.

Convert tech tree tanks into premiums - Give players the option to convert any tier 4 to 8 into a premium so long as it has been elited. I say tier 4 to 8 because you don't want people making low tier tanks into seal clubber premiums and tiers 9 and 10 are meant to be a cash sink to promote the use of premiums. I do think that if this is done the credit multiplier should be slightly less than a normal premium. Now as for the gold cost I'm not really sure but I do think you should limit the amount of tanks people can convert to just 1 a year that way this doesn't undercut the sale of normal premiums. Overall I think this could fix the annoying issue that has bothered both the players and WG in regards to certain nations lacking premiums for certain tiers and tank classes. Lastly this would result in some easy profits because WG has abandoned its "premiums worse than tech tree tanks" motto means they might be open to this idea.

Non special camo versions of certain premiums - Most of the "clown camo tanks" already have a non camo version.  WGNA has never sold those even though there is likely a demand from those who like to customize their tanks. Its worth mentioning that while a non camo version of the Chrysler GF exists it doesn't seem to have ever been released into the game client.https://ritastatusreport.live/2016/10/14/chrysler-k-heavy-tank-supertest-stats/

Other various prem tanks in their non clown camo versions.

https://tanks.gg/tank/amx-13-57/model?vm=visual

https://tanks.gg/tan...model?vm=visual

https://tanks.gg/tan...model?vm=visual

New option for the radial command menu (Z) - Some like to play with the chat disabled but also like to say GLHF(Good luck Have Fun) at the start and also say GG(Good Game) at the end. You could code it to where double tapping Z would say GLHF if done within the 30 seconds at the start and once the timer ends double tapping Z would say GG.

New Badges for various accomplishments - Obviously some of these badges would have to be given out retroactively to those who already meet their requirements. Another thing is that it would be cool if you had a big pop up notification congratulating them for these long term achievements. Some of these badges might entice people into going for these awards which would require them to play A LOT of tanks which translates to them potentially spending money *wink* *wink*.

• Nation badges - Add some badges so people can show off that they've completed the entire tech tree of a single nation. Would be easy to do by just creating some circular badges with the flag of that nation.
  •  Senior Technical Engineer Badge - Add a badge to the game for when a player has unlocked every tank in the game. This would be a nice way to show off this long term achievement that is arguably one of the harder achievements in the game besides acing or 3marking a lot of tanks. Maybe having a simple golden tree with a silver gear in the background.

• Master Technical Engineer badge - Add a badge to the game for when a player has elited EVERY tank from EVERY nation. There is no award for this but takes slightly longer to elite every tank than it does to unlock every tank.

• Ace Tanker badges - Put some badges in for eliting X number of tech tree tanks. I think giving them out for 75, 150, 275 and 398. The 398 figure is basically the total number of tech tree tanks in the game. Obviously if/when new tanks get added to the tech tree then the required number of tanks for each badge will change but I think current owners of the first 3 shouldn't have to ace more tanks to keep the badge. Doing it that way makes the golden M badge out to be something that people will have to keep playing if they want to keep it.

Tanks that need to be rebalanced

• AMX 65T = This is literally the biggest FUBAR POS I've ever had the displeasure of playing. You couldn't pay me to play this tank again. Turrets on this tank need to be swapped so that the stock turret is the upgraded turret. In doing so WG would have to make that stock turret is the same stock turret on the tier 9 which currently uses the tumor turret as the stock turret. This would make the grind more comfortable because then you can use a more comfortable turret with the choice of either the 100mm or the 120mm and not have to worry about a massive auto pen tumor on top.
  • T-34-2 = This is a fairly well rounded tank which has been power creeped to the point where its no longer able to compete with most tier 8 tanks
  • KV5 = Just buff the R2D2 frontal armor and give this thing the KV4's top gun already.
  • KV4 = This tank needs to be swapped out for one of its variants as its armor has too many problems to balance it properly I think. Its probably the only normal tier 8 heavy that sees more gold ammo fired at it than actual superheavies.
  • Tiger II = Buff the turret face and turret roof because as things are right now far too many high tiers can overmatch its turret. All in all it makes it hard for the Tiger II to be competitive when its turret no longer holds up.

Tier 10s that need to be addressed or have changes to their line.

Obj 268 v4 "264" - Easiest way to deal with this thing is to make an enclosed crew compartment version of the 263 with the old 263 tier 10 stats. You could call it the 264 and drop that version nonsense while using it to replace the 268v4 with it. You basically get a 263 that is less prone to arty damage sine its crew compartment is enclosed and it can use vents.

STB-1 - Suggested by Frostblitz20 - Historically this tank used the same variable suspension system that is on the Strv-1, UDES, Strv-1030, and Strv-103B. In its current state the STB-1 doesn't really offer anything seriously unique among tier 10 mediums other than being a backup tank to play in CW. Giving it a siege mode like suspension would increase its versatility which could make it popular again and probably make WG some easy money. Its better to speak to WG's wallet when suggesting tier 10 changes . Balance wise I don't see this being an issue because its risky to use it in more open areas. Lets also not forget that you're basically screwed if you get rushed because by the time you disengage siege mode your enemy is already popping rounds off into your rear and circling you. Lastly as we all know the STB-1's gun handling isn't suited for long range engagements so I think siege mode sniping would be a non issue.

Grille 15 line rework = This line honestly needs some sort of rework because the Grille has been a big failure imo. I can see three potential ways to fix this.

1. Buffs - Buff the Grille back to what it was and give it 200 degrees of turret rotation. This is the easiest and simplest fix which I think isn't the most optimal way despite being the easiest.
  2. Line rework - This suggestion would require quite a few changes. Basically it would change the line into this St Emil > Ardelt/Krupp Waffentrager > Rhm > WT Pz IV. That means the Grille is turned into the 4th legacy tier 10 reward tank while uptiering/buffing the RHM and WT but adding the Ardelt Krupp Waffentrager(IMAGE BELOW) at tier 8. Now some of you might be asking "What the hell is the Ardelt/Krupp?" well it was a prototype tank and the big brother to the Krupp Steyr Waffentrager which is in the game as a tier 7 premium. The Argelt mounted the PaK 43 L / 71 88mm which in the game is the common stock gun for tier 8s so it would likely need to get the stock gun from the RHM as its upgraded gun. This is the least likeliest thing they would do but at the same time I don't see it causing any balance issues but it would make it a more rewarding line to play. This I think i the most realistic method to maintain the play style of the line while possibly making it popular again.

Map issues:

1. Erlenberg - I have no god damn idea why you revamped this map in 1.0 because it was just fine before. Only conceivable reason you changed it is to make it easier for pubbies to play it but realistically you made a decent map into a dumpster fire. I think this map should be reverted back to what it was but at the same time you can keep the middle area as it is because that area would greatly allow for some cover to apply pressure when pushing to the other side.
  2. Province - Tier restrict this map to tier 6 and below because it has no reason to be available for higher tiers. You tier restricted it years ago for a reason because it was a mess to play on then and its a mess to play on now. Province was tier restricted in 1.1 to tiers 4 through 7 only.
  3. Mines - Hill used to be a lot of fun because you could push up, take it, drop down and go elsewhere. Problem is you added those rocks and tweaked the physics so its near impossible to drop down off the hill safely like you could before without dying or severely crippling your tank. Just smooth over some of the rocks on the north and south sides of the hill so tanks can slide down if they want.
  4. Cliff - Just like mines you added tons of rocks for no reason to the big lighthouse hill. I can understand some were added to prevent people climbing the hill without following the western path up there. What I don't understand is why you put rocks ALL around the hill which allowed people to safely get down if they decided to do so after taking hill. Simple fix is to remove some of these rocks in a way that allows for risky descents that won't effing insta kill you.
  5. Fisherman's Bay - Oh boy where do I even start... You effectively took a map that was kind of campy and made it even campier while basically making it nearly impossible to play heavies with any degree of fun due to how overpowered the middle area is now. This is especially true if you're a heavy on the north team you literally have the choice to brawl in mid and get slowly picked apart or push east and get farmed on your way to city and farmed while you're in city. As for the western side I consider it even worse than before because you made that side far too TD friendly when compared to before patch 1.0. Way I see you fixing this map is adding back some of the buildings for north spawn between mid and city so they can actually have a chance of brawling in city like before. As for the middle area I honestly have no idea but that area has far too much influence on most of the map for my liking. West side the south spawn needs some of those TD positions tweaked.

Map Ping limit - Restrict the amount of pings they can do in a certain amount of time. Obviously this would be something done in just random battles because competitive modes like Clan Wars would require lots of pinging.

Map Ping replacement - The map pings used in Frontline are far more accurate than the sector pings used in all the other modes. I would like to see the map pings from Frontline be put into the full client and abandon the old sector pinging that the game has used for years. Pings in Frontline are more accurate to the positions and tanks you're trying to point out to your team. Below is an example of what Frontline pings look like...watch the bottom right of the map where I ping.

If anyone has more suggestions I'll add them if they're good and give credit to you...

Edited by _Gungrave_, Sep 07 2018 - 16:38.

LeaveIT2Beaver #2 Posted May 19 2018 - 20:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 37174 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

Well. ALL I can say is that WarGaming needs YOU on that wall!  It seems you put more thought into than the devs!

I vote for you!   Nicely done.

_Gungrave_ #3 Posted May 19 2018 - 20:36

Major

• Players
  • 45123 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on May 19 2018 - 20:30, said:

Just when you think you've seen every upvote gif imaginable the internet gives you something new to chuckle at lol.

death_stryker #4 Posted May 19 2018 - 21:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4575 battles
  • [LUCID] LUCID

A lot of effort and thought right there, spent on a well-written post!

+1

tenfold #5 Posted May 19 2018 - 21:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 16973 battles
Hi is there anyway the developers for the next update include a mute for dead team players? Its very annoying that after a team member dies they keep on talking and giving instructions how to play your tank.I mean why would i take advise from them if there already dead? That would mean i"m a better player than my dead team members..Also the dead guys start talking smack about how bad  the live players are and calling names and foul language not to mention the guy who keeps clicking the attention to k5 over and over again.i know i can block them permanently but maybe you could add a temporary chat block during the game for the dead guys..Thanks Tenfold...

KanataKonoe #6 Posted May 19 2018 - 22:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 25083 battles
  • [-L-L-] -L-L-

I like these idea from your list.

-Booster Fusion is a amazing idea!

-Removing blacklist limit.

-improved server auto select.

-New Badges for accomplishments such as Master Technical Engineer is a great idea!

-Both map pinging idea are good ideas!

Great Post all are very good ideas! +1

dominator_98 #7 Posted May 19 2018 - 22:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 22894 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

I’d rate most of these ideas as pretty good additions or a few as neutral (xp and tech tree ones for example).

Tje only one I’m not a fan of is the booster lockout. I’ve got so many reserves that getting 1.5 hours out of a two hour reserve before a restart is fine for me, I don’t want to play 90 minutes without a booster because I’d waste 30. Maybe add a warning pop up instead of locking me out?

ArmorStorm #8 Posted May 20 2018 - 00:02

Major

• Players
  • 37195 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View Post_Gungrave_, on May 19 2018 - 13:25, said:

WARNING: You're entering a wall of text zone, this isn't a like a playboy mag where you see lots of pictures! :hiding:

Over the past year or so I've tossed around a couple ideas on how things could be improved with most of these being small ideas that I've jotted down and saved for making a nice big ol thread of suggestions.

I've underlined the name and color coded certain suggestions based upon what they're for to make it easier to quote and comment on what interests you.

Remove the Blacklist limit - There is no need to have this and removing it allows people to blacklist toxic players and those who die early doing nothing but spamming the map annoying the team and throwing them off their game. I myself have hit the 1k player blacklist limit forcing me to remove random people as my blacklist is full of nothing but map spammers.

--AND/OR put a limit on pinging the map.

Award statistics - Allow us to see how many players has each award along with how many times its been given. This is more of a curiosity kind of suggestion to see how rare each medal/award is similar to acheivement lists you see on STEAM.

--Sure, they have the data, why not.

Missions window - Give players the option to switch back to the old missions interface from before the 2017 update which was much easier to navigate. The old UI had everything within view and easier to navigate rather than having 3 tabs with bloated collapsible windows.

--I'm good either way with this one.

Server Maintenance pop up - If server maintenance is going to occur then use the pop up system used to advertise updates and new sales to notify players when they log in. Wouldn't be hard to do as you'd be using an existing system in the game to notify them of any server maintenance that will be done later on rather than them abruptly finding out when they're kicked off the server to see the log in screen after a match.

--ABSOLUTELY needs to happen.  It doesn't even require programming, they already have the popups.

Personal Reserves aka "boosters" lockout - If server maintenance is going to occur then prevent boosters being used based upon their duration. Essentially if maintenance occurs at say 5AM EST then the booster can only be activated if the duration of it ends before the server is shut down for maintenance.

--I would be OK with just the pop-up, but it is kind of my decision if I wish to waste say 5-15 minutes of my reserve or not.

Booster fusion - Not my suggestion as this was something I saw on reddit. Allow us to fuse unwanted boosters so that we get more powerful boosters for a decreased duration. eg 2x 25% boosters for 4 hours = 1x 50% booster for 2 hours...2x 50% boosters for 2 hours = 1x 100% booster for 1 hour....and so on. Only limitation I can see is making it to where you can't fuse 200% boosters as anything higher than that would be completely broken. Remember that WG already experimented with a fusion system for both the 2016 and 2017 holiday events for those decorations.

--I'm not sure about this one, it seems like it would devalue the ones they sell in the shop.

Improved auto server select - Make it to where it selects the server with the better connection for you as many of us are sick of being thrown on the LATAM server. Some call this suggestion lazy saying "oh its 2 extra clicks" but this should have been a non-issue from the start if the auto select worked properly.

--I'm pretty sure this was intentional to seed the LATAM server.  But you are right, send me to the best ping please.

Tech Tree - There is a mod that compacts the tech tree into a verticle or horizontal fashion so you don't have to do any sort of scrolling. I think it would be nice if this was a selectable feature for those who prefer to see the whole tree without scrolling.

--It should probably be the only option, unnecessary scrolling is dumb.

Expandable Research option - This currently exists as a mod that shows a drop down window above the vehicle stats in the garage. This shows how much XP left until you elite the current tank and how much until you unlock the next tank. Only difference between the mod and this suggestion is for this to show you how much XP till you can unlock each module. Again this is something a few people might say is lazy but its a conveinence thing.

--Math is hard?

New option for the Radial command menu (Z) - Some like to play with the chat disabled but also like to say GLHF(Good luck Have Fun) at the start and also say GG(Good Game) at the end. You could code it to where double tapping Z would say GLHF if done within the 30 seconds at the start and once the timer ends double tapping Z would say GG.

--You should be able to edit the radial menu.

New Badges for various accomplishments - Obviously some of these badges would have to be given out retroactively to those who already meet their requirements. Another thing is that it would be cool if you had a big pop up notification congratulating them for these long term achievements.
 - Senior Technical Engineer Badge - Add a badge to the game for when a player has unlocked every tank in the game. This would be a nice way to show off this long term achievement that is arguably one of the harder achievements in the game.
 - Master Technical Engineer badge - Add a badge to the game for when a player has elited EVERY tank from EVERY nation. This achievement is slightly harder than the STE award but arguably one of the harder achievements in the game to accomplish.
 - Nation badges - Add some badges so people can show off that they've completed the entire tech tree of a single nation. Would be easy to do by just creating some circular badges with the flag of that nation.
 - Ace Tanker badges - Put some badges in for eliting X number of tech tree tanks. I think giving them out for 25, 75, 150, 300, and 391 which is the total number of tech tree tanks in the game currently(including the upcoming K91 and Obj 277).Seems a bit frivolous but you have to give a lot of respect to the rare few out there who can elite a lot of tanks.

--As long as guys can fail their way to the top of each tech tree I see no reason to reward anyone for doing so. 

- AMX 65T = I've elited 340+ tanks and this is literally the biggest FUBAR POS I've ever had the displeasure of playing...you couldn't pay me to play this tank again.
 - T-34-2 = This is a fairly well rounded tank which has been power creeped to the point where its no longer able to compete with most tier 8 tanks
 - KV5 = Just buff the R2D2 frontal armor and give this thing the KV4's top gun already.
 - KV4 = This tank needs to be swapped out for one of its variants as its armor has too many problems to balance it properly I think. Its probably the only normal tier 8 heavy that sees more gold ammo fired at it than actual superheavies.
 - Tiger II = I don't really think this tank has too many issues as I played it years ago but some claim its showing its age

If anyone has more suggestions I'm all ears...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Obj 268 v4 "264" - Easiest way to deal with this thing is to make an enclosed crew compartment version of the 263 with the old 263 tier 10 stats. You could call it the 264 and drop that version nonsense while using it to replace the 268v4 with it. You basically get a 263 that is less prone to arty damage sine its crew compartment is enclosed and it can use vents.

Map Ping limit - Restrict the amount of pings they can do in a certain amount of time. Obviously this would be something done in just random battles because competitive modes like Clan Wars would require lots of pinging.

Map Ping replacement - The map pings used in frontline are far more accurate than the sector pings used in all the other modes. I would like to see the map pings from frontline be put into the full client and abandon the old sector pinging that the game has used for years. Pings in frontline are more accurate to the positions and tanks you're trying to point out to your team. Below is an example of what Frontline pings look like...watch the bottom right of the map where I ping.

Nice post Gungrave!

Night1Silver #9 Posted May 20 2018 - 00:29

Captain

• Players
  • 42892 battles
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP
Gungrave It was worth the wall of text. Many good ideas that wg should implement. +++1

Dirizon #10 Posted May 20 2018 - 00:35

Major

• Players
  • 27926 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on May 19 2018 - 14:55, said:

- AMX 65T = I've elited 340+ tanks and this is literally the biggest FUBAR POS I've ever had the displeasure of playing...you couldn't pay me to play this tank again.
 - T-34-2 = This is a fairly well rounded tank which has been power creeped to the point where its no longer able to compete with most tier 8 tanks
 - KV5 = Just buff the R2D2 frontal armor and give this thing the KV4's top gun already.
 - KV4 = This tank needs to be swapped out for one of its variants as its armor has too many problems to balance it properly I think. Its probably the only normal tier 8 heavy that sees more gold ammo fired at it than actual superheavies.
 - Tiger II = I don't really think this tank has too many issues as I played it years ago but some claim its showing its age

If anyone has more suggestions I'm all ears...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

AMX65T just needs to be played in a proper way, then it is a fairly average if not decent.  Stock gun, and that is all. Although it has poor armour, it has among the strongest DPM of T8 heavy tanks, and is among the fastest. This way, it no longer suffers aim-time and DPM problems, and actually becomes even quicker shaving off some gun weight.

T 34 2 is a big problem. When released, it was fine. But has since been encroached to nothingness. They can buff it in a whole manner of ways, but the important thing is to buff it in some way. Such ways can include giving it both 12.2cm gun options from IS tank, with one working to the other, and giving it stats like T-34-3. Like how T44 / T44 FL / T44 Hundo work. Same thing. Another option is giving it WZ132 old T8 8.5cm long barrel gun, like how LTTB has. 172 AP pen. Give it high DPM, like a T3485M. Lastly, since it is among the smallest and camo'est of T8 meds, give it either WZ111 or 112 engines, to increase mobility. 

KV5 is a pref tank. It features high T8 Heavy DPM, actually considering it. Increase all the cylindrical bulbs to one-eighty (mm) thickness, and all the one-eighty armour spots (front turret, hull glacis) now to two-hundred (mm) Give it -8 GD. Increase the gold APCR, like how Chrysler had an increase, to 227mm. I think it will be fine then. 

KV4 + KV4 Kres need serious help. To keep them in-line with .oho. and VK1P super heavy tanks. KV4 needs uparmouring to two-hundred (mm) on hull, lower front underside, front turret. And -7 GD. KV4 Kres needs KV4s fire rate and DPM, and up armour the front outer cab positions to one-sixty (mm) I am also not sure at all, as to why KV4, KV5, KV4 Kres, KV4 KTTS all have terrible mobility soft stats, when even their listed raw mobility stats are poor. Terrain resist buffs would be nice

Tiger ll needs Tiger H treatment. Increase the DPM. Start with a bump to 6.5 rounds/min, and see if it needs more after. Needs the same lower front underside of JagTiger 8.8 Prem too, one-twenty (mm). And buff the front turret sloped roof, to 45mm to avoid common overmatch, and turret front to two-hundred. I think it would be fine then.

Tanks like Super P, M26 Persh, T25 Pt, T95E2, M46KR need buffs. All should fire at least 8 rounds/min, and T95E2 needs buffs like Patton-59 

obj268V4 is quite ridiculous. Agreed.

_Gungrave_ #11 Posted May 20 2018 - 00:52

Major

• Players
  • 45123 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View PostDirizon, on May 20 2018 - 00:35, said:

AMX65T just needs to be played in a proper way, then it is a fairly average if not decent.  Stock gun, and that is all. Although it has poor armour, it has among the strongest DPM of T8 heavy tanks, and is among the fastest. This way, it no longer suffers aim-time and DPM problems, and actually becomes even quicker shaving off some gun weight.

T 34 2 is a big problem. When released, it was fine. But has since been encroached to nothingness. They can buff it in a whole manner of ways, but the important thing is to buff it in some way. Such ways can include giving it both 12.2cm gun options from IS tank, with one working to the other, and giving it stats like T-34-3. Like how T44 / T44 FL / T44 Hundo work. Same thing. Another option is giving it WZ132 old T8 8.5cm long barrel gun, like how LTTB has. 172 AP pen. Give it high DPM, like a T3485M. Lastly, since it is among the smallest and camo'est of T8 meds, give it either WZ111 or 112 engines, to increase mobility. 

KV5 is a pref tank. It features high T8 Heavy DPM, actually considering it. Increase all the cylindrical bulbs to one-eighty (mm) thickness, and all the one-eighty armour spots (front turret, hull glacis) now to two-hundred (mm) Give it -8 GD. Increase the gold APCR, like how Chrysler had an increase, to 227mm. I think it will be fine then. 

KV4 + KV4 Kres need serious help. To keep them in-line with .oho. and VK1P super heavy tanks. KV4 needs uparmouring to two-hundred (mm) on hull, lower front underside, front turret. And -7 GD. KV4 Kres needs KV4s fire rate and DPM, and up armour the front outer cab positions to one-sixty (mm) I am also not sure at all, as to why KV4, KV5, KV4 Kres, KV4 KTTS all have terrible mobility soft stats, when even their listed raw mobility stats are poor. Terrain resist buffs would be nice

Tiger ll needs Tiger H treatment. Increase the DPM. Start with a bump to 6.5 rounds/min, and see if it needs more after. Needs the same lower front underside of JagTiger 8.8 Prem too, one-twenty (mm). And buff the front turret sloped roof, to 45mm to avoid common overmatch, and turret front to two-hundred. I think it would be fine then.

Tanks like Super P, M26 Persh, T25 Pt, T95E2, M46KR need buffs. All should fire at least 8 rounds/min, and T95E2 needs buffs like Patton-59 

obj268V4 is quite ridiculous. Agreed.

AMX 65T

While the stock configuration is preferable the problem with that tank will always be the turret progression which prevents the 120mm gun from being viable due to that upgraded turret being pure cancer to play. They badly need to swap the turrets around while making the stock turret from the 65T the stock turret on the tier 9 which currently uses the tumor turret from the 65T as the stock turret. Swapping the turrets imo is the best idea because then the stock configuration is painful like most stock tier 8s but then the tank tank has a better upgraded turret that can use either the 100mm or 120mm guns.

Obj 268v4

My suggestion for the I think is the most viable way to fix that tank as hardly anyone had problems or gripes about the old 263. At the same time it could buff that tank a bit by making the crew compartment enclosed which allows it to use vents.

I just don't think WG will find ANY logical way to balance the 268 because they're obviously making far too much money off that tank. They aren't willing turn it into gimped tank just yet otherwise those upcoming nerfs would be hitting its mobility even harder.

Edited by _Gungrave_, May 20 2018 - 01:19.

Dirizon #12 Posted May 20 2018 - 01:21

Major

• Players
  • 27926 battles

I think the top turret is actually better. It may have less frontal protection, and more annoying bumps - but the bumps actually have the chance to bounce stuff. It also gets quite quicker in traverse. The stock tophat, can be Pen by HE. Stock turret is also very long. Go with the top turret, stock gun. DPM tank. Its faster than a Patriot.

_Gungrave_ #13 Posted May 20 2018 - 01:35

Major

• Players
  • 45123 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View PostDirizon, on May 20 2018 - 01:21, said:

I think the top turret is actually better. It may have less frontal protection, and more annoying bumps - but the bumps actually have the chance to bounce stuff. It also gets quite quicker in traverse. The stock tophat, can be Pen by HE. Stock turret is also very long. Go with the top turret, stock gun. DPM tank. Its faster than a Patriot.

Its just from a logical and uniformity progression standpoint the stock turret makes more sense. Logically its big enough to mount a 120mm gun and progression wise its more in line with what the tier 9 and 10 have. Its also something that can get you used to those massive turrets that the tier 9 and 10 have that stick over the back. As for stats WG could easily give the stats of either turret to the other one when its switched. Its fairly obvious that WG put that tumor turret as the top one to make the grind annoying

Feel free to take a look and you'll find that the tumor turret is statistically weaker when it comes to armor because there are quite a few points where you can pen it with tier 7 and tier 8 guns. Take special note of that green area at the bottom which even at roughly 60 degree of angle it only takes around 180 to 190 pen to go through when on level ground.

https://tanks.gg/tank/amx-65-t/model

https://tanks.gg/tank/amx-65-t/model?l=102113

Edited by _Gungrave_, May 20 2018 - 01:36.

scHnuuudle_bop #14 Posted May 20 2018 - 01:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 20650 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on May 19 2018 - 20:25, said:

I don't use the blacklist, never figured out how to do it in game, to get rid of pinging nutters, and the PM ragers, I used to blacklist, I now just thank them for their input and delete/close the message window, 99% never follow up. 

Award statistics - Allow us to see how many players has each award along with how many times its been given. This is more of a curiosity kind of suggestion to see how rare each medal/award is similar to acheivement lists you see on STEAM.

All statistics should remain private, and other players should never be allowed access at any time other than with the players permission. 

there is a mod that does this already, but it would be nice to have it incorporated into game.

New option for the Radial command menu (Z) - Some like to play with the chat disabled but also like to say GLHF(Good luck Have Fun) at the start and also say GG(Good Game) at the end. You could code it to where double tapping Z would say GLHF if done within the 30 seconds at the start and once the timer ends double tapping Z would say GG.

I have been wanting this since I started playing, there was a mod to edit the menu but it has not been updated and no longer works. As you say, with chat off, I would like to say, GLHF, or Good Game, Nice shot. In game instead of help, something like ,Right flank, left flank or center flank needs attention. If not , a large list of approved phrases that can be inserted. The help button is used, and does it mean , I want help, I can help, or those guys over need help.

Please oh please, two maybe 3 pings, I thought there was something, but it still happens

Map Ping replacement - I like the arrows I can draw using the XVM map mods, it shows more info and provides some intent, I am going here, or watch out, reds are coming this way.

What I see as the biggest map ping problem is , what does it mean, some use it to say , I am going here, others as a way to draw attention to hidden enemies, and of course the 35 pings demanding the team go there.

wow, an entire list, and not one single insult or demeaning comment, atta go

_Gungrave_ #15 Posted May 20 2018 - 02:07

Major

• Players
  • 45123 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on May 20 2018 - 01:59, said:

wow, an entire list, and not one single insult or demeaning comment, atta go

You kind of misunderstand the awards thing, it would just show bare statistics of how rare certain medals are with no names.

When I mentioned steam I'm talking about how steam shows how much of the playerbase has certain achievements. Click the link below to see what I mean where it shows the most commonly earned achievement first and it goes down from there based upon how many have earned it. That is the achievements for Skyrim in case you're wondering.

Wouldn't take anytime at all because it would just be a simple script to compile the data for people to see. I know that I would be damn curious to see how many have the STE award given how I've only ever met 5 people that have it.

Edited by _Gungrave_, May 20 2018 - 02:09.

scHnuuudle_bop #16 Posted May 20 2018 - 02:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 20650 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on May 20 2018 - 02:07, said:

You kind of misunderstand the awards thing, it would just show bare statistics of how rare certain medals are with no names.

When I mentioned steam I'm talking about how steam shows how much of the playerbase has certain achievements. Click the link below to see what I mean where it shows the most commonly earned achievement first and it goes down from there based upon how many have earned it. That is the achievements for Skyrim in case you're wondering.

Wouldn't take anytime at all because it would just be a simple script to compile the data for people to see. I know that I would be damn curious to see how many have the STE award given how I've only ever met 5 people that have it.

oh you, mean the badges and medals, yeah, they are not stats just a good gauge of accomplishments. That would be a great idea rather than displaying the players stats. Good idea.

Dirizon #17 Posted May 20 2018 - 02:45

Major

• Players
  • 27926 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on May 19 2018 - 20:05, said:

when it comes to armor because there are quite a few points where you can pen it with tier 7 and tier 8 guns.

Your point?

The stock AMX M49 turret tumour is sixty (mm). 

HE from SU12244, can penetrate it. A tier 4 AP shell will penetrate it.

_Gungrave_ #18 Posted May 20 2018 - 03:00

Major

• Players
  • 45123 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View PostDirizon, on May 20 2018 - 02:45, said:

Your point?

The stock AMX M49 turret tumour is sixty (mm). 

HE from SU12244, can penetrate it. A tier 4 AP shell will penetrate it.

I wouldn't even consider calling it a tumor because its not 1/3rd third the size of the turret.

That is easily fixed if they buffed the small hatch on top to 100mm to 120mm which still allows most tanks to pen there but not with HE. They could just buff only the top and front of the hatch but not the sides and rear of it.

Edited by _Gungrave_, May 20 2018 - 03:04.

Dirizon #19 Posted May 20 2018 - 03:01

Major

• Players
  • 27926 battles

What I think obj268V4 needs of course are armour reductions. Across the board. Front and sides, superstructure and hull. 

Reduce the armour, of course resulting from armour drop. Say to ten tonnes, to 65. Horsepower reduction, to eighty-fifty. The obj 212A powerplant, more than both obj 268 V8 and obj 268 chassis. This still gives it an acceptable HP/T. Armour losses not unreasonable, just more like obj 263. And no immuno side armour 

VooDooKobra #20 Posted May 20 2018 - 05:20

Major

• Players
  • 9762 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE
the mute for dead players is becoming a must

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users