82 replies to this topic

_Gungrave_ #21 Posted May 20 2018 - 05:32

Major

• Players
  • 43750 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View PostVooDooKobra, on May 20 2018 - 05:20, said:

the mute for dead players is becoming a must

Except that suggestion is flawed because dead players can give you information of where the tank/s that killed them are at. There is no reason to blanket mute all dead players just because some people spam the map or they don't have a filter on what they can say.

Limiting map pings and removing the blacklist limit will go a long way towards dealing with them.

Edited by _Gungrave_, Aug 26 2018 - 13:28.

scHnuuudle_bop #22 Posted May 20 2018 - 06:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 19636 battles

View PostVooDooKobra, on May 20 2018 - 05:20, said:

the mute for dead players is becoming a must

I don't think so, there is a mod that shows me where an enemy was last spotted, a dead guy clicking is the same, but not as accurate, because it just highlights an entire map quad.

Dead or alive, wish they could only ping the map a couple of time, maybe even a limit per game, each player gets 10 or 15 map pings per battle. 

_Gungrave_ #23 Posted May 20 2018 - 06:42

Major

• Players
  • 43750 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on May 20 2018 - 06:32, said:

I don't think so, there is a mod that shows me where an enemy was last spotted, a dead guy clicking is the same, but not as accurate, because it just highlights an entire map quad.

Dead or alive, wish they could only ping the map a couple of time, maybe even a limit per game, each player gets 10 or 15 map pings per battle. 

A time sensitive limit of 3 pings per minute is better I think because if you just allow 10 to 15 pings they're still going to spam unhindered.

VooDooKobra #24 Posted May 20 2018 - 09:51

Major

• Players
  • 9057 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Post_Gungrave_, on May 19 2018 - 21:32, said:

Except that suggestion is flawed because dead players can give you information of where the tank that killed them are at. There is no reason to blanket mute all dead players just because some people spam the map or they don't have a filter on what they can say.

Limiting map pings and removing the blacklist limit will go a long way towards dealing with them.

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on May 19 2018 - 22:32, said:

i guess so, i am just thinking of the yolo guy dying fast then spending the rest of the time moaning and chewing out those who are still alive

Nonamanadus #25 Posted May 20 2018 - 13:59

Major

• Players
  • 30771 battles
  • [HBG] HBG
I would fix the camera issue when you are close to buildings. Map spammers should be automatically muted for the day when they do the Morse Code bit. Gold/Exp chat spammers in garage should have their accounts erased (its a no brainer to filter those guys out). Option to set as default which server to use. 

_Gungrave_ #26 Posted May 20 2018 - 15:01

Major

• Players
  • 43750 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View PostNonamanadus, on May 20 2018 - 13:59, said:

I would fix the camera issue when you are close to buildings. Map spammers should be automatically muted for the day when they do the Morse Code bit. Gold/Exp chat spammers in garage should have their accounts erased (its a no brainer to filter those guys out). Option to set as default which server to use. 

You talking about that thing where your gun points upwards? yeah thats something that I think came with 1.0 because I don't remember it being an issue before 1.0.

I'd consider that something more in the bug/simple oversight category and I'm already used to it because I just hold LMB to lock the turret and gun.

Edited by _Gungrave_, May 20 2018 - 15:01.

PepperidgeFarmGuy #27 Posted May 20 2018 - 15:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 35120 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

I would not have ANY in-game mods if I could just change the color of the fracking client and server recticle - I have a hard time seeing the green :angry:

But I love the simple garage mods. 

_Gungrave_ #28 Posted May 21 2018 - 03:20

Major

• Players
  • 43750 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

Added map issues and suggested fixes.

Block Quote

Map issues:

Erlenberg - I have no god damn idea why you revamped this map in 1.0 because it was just fine before. Only conceivable reason you changed it is to make it easier for pubbies to play it but reallistically you made a decent map into a dumpster fire.

Province - Tier restrict this map to tier 6 and below because it has no reason to be available for higher tiers. You tier restricted it years ago for a reason because it was a mess to play on then and its a mess to play on now.

Mines - Hill used to be a lot of fun because you could push up, take it, drop down and go elsehwere. Problem is you added those rocks and tweaked the physics so its near impossible to drop down off the hill safely like you could before without dying or severly crippling your tank. smooth over some of the tocks on the north and south sides of the hill so tanks can slide down if they want.

Cliff - Just like mines you added tons of rocks for no reason to the big lighthouse hill. I can understand some were added to prevent people climbing the hill without following the western path up there. What I don't understand is why you put rocks ALL over the eastern side which made for a risky decent to flank enemies. Simple fix is to remove some of these rocks in a way that allows for risky descents that won't effing instakill you.

Fisherman's Bay - Oh boy where do I even start... You effectively took a map that was kind of campy and made it even campier while basically making it nearly impossible to play heavies with any degree of fun due to how overpowered the middle area is now. This is especially true if you're a heavy on the north team you literally have the choice to brawl in mid and get slowly picked apart or push east and get farmed on your way to city and farmed while you're in city. As for the western side I consider it even worse than before because you made that side far too TD friendly when compared to before patch 1.0. Way I see you fixing this map is adding back some of the buildings for north spawn between mid and city so they can actually have a chance of brawling in city like before. As for the middle area I honestly have no idea but that area has far too much influence on most of the map for my liking. West side the south spawn needs some of those TD positions tweaked.

_Gungrave_ #29 Posted May 22 2018 - 07:06

Major

• Players
  • 43750 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

scHnuuudle_bop #30 Posted May 22 2018 - 07:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 19636 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on May 21 2018 - 03:20, said:

Added map issues and suggested fixes.

Does it seem both Erlenburg and Fishermans Bay have become , not sure how to term it, centrist. Erlenberg with the double river road and lots and lots of cover. Every game I have played, Heavies to the castle, mediums to the hill, then all of a sudden, pop, red tanks all over the rear, whichever team had someone drive up the middle seems to take control, spotting and shooting both sides.

Fishermans Bay, that group of buildings on the hill in the center, spotting and shooting both flanks. The campfest on the west side still exists, but whoever gets over that little hill , all of a sudden has spotting all the way to the back, and a good view of the buildings, the streets seem to be set up, for just that view.

Risky_Dingo #31 Posted May 22 2018 - 18:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20145 battles

Give us an island, you dopes, the size of Iceland or Hilo or something. STOP  FENCING  US IN.

A dozen players of reasonably-relative tier (across the whole spectrum of tiers) off-load onto a beach or pier. Other teams do the same all around the island; go destroy them. You are encouraged to stick with your team. And the hell with Objectives-A-through-F.

The island has a center of sweet creamy nougat -- mountains and valleys and cliffs and gorges and snakey roads and bridges and dams and waterfalls and castles. And tunnels. GIVE US TUNNELS, and CAVERNS.

The ring of coastline, a continuous ring, is this and that and the other thing: sometimes dunes, sometimes jungle, sometimes cities with harbors and more bridges, sometimes Norwegian fjords or the rocky Oregon coast with neglected fortresses, sometimes miles of farmland dotted with rock outcrops and villages. Maybe a swamp with hidden narrow causeways--"hidden", as in we have to FIND them the hard way, and they're always changing. Sometimes there are ways into the interior and some all the way across the island, but often not.

I'm talking Tank Valhalla here.

Give us blizzards and heavy downpours and fog and raging wildfires, and dead of night.

How about an active volcano?

Stop listening to the snowflakes still in their diapers.

Just fantasizing. I know this likely has little to do with real possibilities and practical business models.

But I want a world of tanks. Not a neighborhood of tanks.

And I'm willing to pay to play in it.

Edited by Risky_Dingo, May 22 2018 - 18:56.

FineousOrlon #32 Posted May 22 2018 - 19:18

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20986 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on May 19 2018 - 20:25, said:

Remove the Blacklist limit - There is no need to have this and removing it allows people to blacklist toxic players and those who die early doing nothing but spamming the map annoying the team and throwing them off their game. I myself have hit the 1k player blacklist limit forcing me to remove random people as my blacklist is full of nothing but map spammers.

A lot of interesting suggestions that make for good reading, you did a nice job.

I do have one suggestion for you:

Don't remove random people from your blacklist, remove them all and note the date somewhere in your game notes.

A lot of those people:

• may have decided to play less or not at all
  • may have matured or changed their habits
  • may have just been having a bad day or a bad streak, and were acting out of frustration, not habit.

Then, just continue adding people to your blacklist, and see how long it takes to totally refill it.  At the very least, you will be silencing current offenders easily without periodic random "culling."

Good luck either way, and maybe WG will take some input here....

Edit: yes, this is just a different workaround until WG does something about pingers or a different blacklist limit.

Edited by FineousOrlon, May 22 2018 - 19:22.

_Gungrave_ #33 Posted May 24 2018 - 02:23

Major

• Players
  • 43750 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View Post_Gungrave_, on May 22 2018 - 07:06, said:

_Gungrave_ #34 Posted May 24 2018 - 10:32

Major

• Players
  • 43750 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View PostFineousOrlon, on May 22 2018 - 19:18, said:

A lot of interesting suggestions that make for good reading, you did a nice job.

I do have one suggestion for you:

Don't remove random people from your blacklist, remove them all and note the date somewhere in your game notes.

A lot of those people:

• may have decided to play less or not at all
  • may have matured or changed their habits
  • may have just been having a bad day or a bad streak, and were acting out of frustration, not habit.

Then, just continue adding people to your blacklist, and see how long it takes to totally refill it.  At the very least, you will be silencing current offenders easily without periodic random "culling."

Good luck either way, and maybe WG will take some input here....

Edit: yes, this is just a different workaround until WG does something about pingers or a different blacklist limit.

When it comes to the blacklist my only concern is removing the limit because the only people I put on there are map spammers. I've removed people before only to meet them in game spamming away like some person having a seizure on their mouse.

_Gungrave_ #35 Posted May 25 2018 - 01:32

Major

• Players
  • 43750 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

Added a new suggestion: Convert tier 4 to 8 tech tree tanks into premiums.

Block Quote

Convert tech tree tanks into premiums - Give players the option to convert any tier 4 to 8 into a premium so long as it has been elited. I say tier 4 to 8 because you don't want people making low tier tanks into seal clubber premiums and tiers 9 and 10 are meant to be a cash sink to promote the use of premiums. I do think that if this is done the credit multiplier should be slightly less than a normal premium. Overall I think this could fix the annoying issue that has bothered both the players and WG in regards to certain nations lacking premiums for certain tiers and tank classes.

_Gungrave_ #36 Posted May 27 2018 - 02:34

Major

• Players
  • 43750 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View Post_Gungrave_, on May 22 2018 - 07:06, said:

_Gungrave_ #37 Posted May 27 2018 - 03:13

Major

• Players
  • 43750 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

Added a new suggestion

Block Quote

Non special camo versions of certain premiums - Most of the "clown camo tanks" already have a non camo version for whatever reason NA has never sold them even there is likely a demand from those who like to customize their tanks. Its worth mentioning that while a non camo version of the Chrysler GF exists it doesn't seem to have ever been released into the game client. https://ritastatusreport.live/2016/10/14/chrysler-k-heavy-tank-supertest-stats/

Other various prem tanks in their non clown camo versions.

https://tanks.gg/tan...model?vm=visual

_Gungrave_ #38 Posted May 27 2018 - 18:00

Major

• Players
  • 43750 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

Added a new suggestion

Block Quote

Arty MM changes - This one is obvious because due to the arty buffs from 9.18 back in 2017 there are problems when you have too many in a match. When you have 0 arty the game is A LOT of fun, 1 arty its tolerable, 2 is annoying, and 3 just kills any and all fun to be had especially on more open maps.

- I suggest you change the arty limit to no more than 2.

- If you don't do ^that^ then whenever there is a BC 155 58 make sure that arty is never placed into a match with more than 2 arty.

- Lastly...fix that damned MM bug to where it only gives one team an arty but not the other one.

Edited by _Gungrave_, May 27 2018 - 18:15.

scHnuuudle_bop #39 Posted May 29 2018 - 00:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 19636 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on May 24 2018 - 10:32, said:

When it comes to the blacklist my only concern is removing the limit because the only people I put on there are map spammers. I've removed people before only to meet them in game spamming away like some person having a seizure on their mouse.

how about a blacklist for chat, and another list, which is dedicated for map spammers alone.

buzz6 #40 Posted May 30 2018 - 04:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 29698 battles

1. With the campaign against cheating, there should be a way to report it as one of the complaint options.

2. As I observe an increasing number of one sided battles 15/0, 0/15. 14/1/, 1/14 an so on, I think it cannot all be MM, but may involve real time meddling by WoT staff, or perhaps one or more cheaters on a team. Do not know, but something is not right.

3. Should I see my attorney about the value of my premium tanks, particularly my favorite being degraded from what I paid for? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users