11 replies to this topic

Gnomon #1 Posted May 21 2018 - 16:52

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 629 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hey, everyone! 

Hope that you're having a great Monday! 

Now that the Centurion Mk. 5/1 RAAC has been out for a short time, we'd like to gather your feedback on it. 

In the past, this tank was driven by Australian tank units in Vietnam. The Centurion Mk. RAAC (or the Australian Centurion) variant has improved frontal armor, good gun depression, and a more powerful engine than the normal Centurion Mk. 5. 

If you'd like to brush up on the tank's stats, check out its Tankopedia page

Please let us know any suggestions, comments, or feedback you have for the tank.

Thanks for all the help, and hopefully I'll see you out in Frontline! 

Nudnick #2 Posted May 21 2018 - 17:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 23709 battles
I'll never pay money for anything from WG ever again. This tank will be power crept by this time next year and collecting dust in the garage like all premiums end up .

Almighty_Johnson #3 Posted May 21 2018 - 17:30

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20990 battles
  • [JOY] JOY

I am enjoying driving it, though it's basically an FV 4202 with a different skin.  If the Primo Victoria were able to accept a British crew, I could rotate my same crew around and never know it's a different tank.

It has the standard ridgeline gun depression and a turret that is very suited to this, decent accuracy, fair pen and DPM.  It's a bit slow but hey, look at the whole line.  If it were Cromwell fast, it'd be OP.

All in all, it's a pretty good tank, and any tank that earns credits/crew XP well is good in my book.

Creeper_Peaper_Reeper #4 Posted May 21 2018 - 17:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9914 battles
  • [TURK_] TURK_
Laser gun and troll hull and turret armor it is amazing. Got a recent 1800 wn8 with it. Love it.

goldfinger_555 #5 Posted May 21 2018 - 17:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26204 battles
  • [FFWC] FFWC
Premium tanks are not suppose to be as strong or stronger than their non premium counterpart. It should have weaker stats compared to the Centurion Mk 1 not slightly better.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #6 Posted May 21 2018 - 18:01

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

View PostGnomon, on May 21 2018 - 08:52, said:

Hey, everyone! 

Now that the Centurion Mk. 5/1 RAAC has been out for a short time, we'd like to gather your feedback on it. 

In the past, this tank was driven by Australian tank units in Vietnam. The Centurion Mk. RAAC (or the Australian Centurion) variant has improved frontal armor, good gun depression, and a more powerful engine than the normal Centurion Mk. 5. 

Please let us know any suggestions, comments, or feedback you have for the tank.

isn't it a bit......overpowered vs the tech tree version?

https://tanks.gg/com...1?t=centurion-i

i'm comparing them. and there is NO reason to use tech tree centurion over this

this is superior in all ways.

its literally the Centurion with more armor.  superior gun handling, superior engine, and the normal stuff for prem tank added on.   in short. its P2W vs the original Centurion.    no downsides to it at all vs the Centurion 1.

wth

heck, compared to FV4202....again, nearly universally superior.  except terrain resist.  

https://tanks.gg/com...rion-i~fv4202-p

SKurj #7 Posted May 21 2018 - 18:18

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 12438 battles
cool to have an option to the fv4202 but not different enough to warrant buying it if you already own the 4202.

pickpocket293 #8 Posted May 21 2018 - 18:42

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 26757 battles
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP

POWERCREEP!

There need to be draw-backs to having better armor, and taking away 50 hitpoints isn't enough. 

Mikosah #9 Posted May 21 2018 - 19:18

Major

• Players
  • 17564 battles

This situation is just... weird. The 5/1's advantages in engine power, upper glacis armor, and movement dispersion give it a clear edge over the mk1, yet even all this considered I still have to be extremely cautious about purchasing any tier 8 considering the realities of the current MM. Frontline does weigh in to the decision-making process, but that's going to mean nothing if WG pulls the plug on it and forces us back into the randoms.  

Avalon304 #10 Posted May 22 2018 - 01:04

Major

• Players
  • 18441 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostGnomon, on May 21 2018 - 08:52, said:

Hey, everyone! 

Its a good tank. Feels well balanced. 

Been putting in lots of battles in Frontlines with it. This is the base line that all Centurions at tier 8 should be working from in the area of gun handling. However for 230 alpha, the DPM is a little lacking. Giving the tier 8 Centurions (including the FV4202) 9 RPM rates of fire and giving them gun handling that mates the RAAC 5/1 would go a long way toward making them more relevant in their support roles.

NemoKeine #11 Posted May 30 2018 - 15:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 15529 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ
This is how the Centurion should be, sadly if plays better than my P. Victoria and the tech tree with the extra upper plate armor and the better gun stats means i can actually peak ridges and not aim for 5 seconds for my shots to miss (with a 5 skill Berlin crew) like with the FV4202 has a habit of doing.  Tons of fun in Frontlines, I haven't taken into a random battle because i am enjoying the honeymoon and dont want to have my teeth kicked in just yet by 3-5-7.  Hard to recommend to someone unless they love the Centurion tank given the state of the game and the nature of power creep and stubborn sluggishness of the dev team to admit mistakes and implement changes.

Dragon_Witch #12 Posted May 30 2018 - 23:05

Major

• Players
  • 11681 battles

Question:  Could we please get some missions for the RAAC Centurion to get some Australian decals and inscriptions to put on it?  Personally, I want a Platypus to put on mine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users