• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1086 replies to this topic

CabbageMechanic #1 Posted May 21 2018 - 22:51

Senior Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 8023 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
Hey Tankers,

As many of you have already noticed, an article was posted today covering some upcoming  preliminary changes to the KV-5, along with some guidelines of what we are planning for the future of tanks with preferential matchmaking.  A particular section of the article has been (fairly) causing some consternation, and we would like to address it.

Perfecting Preferential Premiums

We don’t want to turn an assault tank into an ambush vehicle. We want to preserve or even emphasize their distinct features.

At the same time, we plan to give players the opportunity to decide whether an updated tank is relevant for them. Accordingly, every tanker can exchange a particular machine through the special trade-in option for an exclusive list of tanks not available in the common trade-in (don't worry, tanks available in the common trade in are also included). The cost of this kind of exchange will not exceed 2,000 Gold. Thus, each owner of a preferential Premium will have two options:

• - Keep their machine after its specs have been improved
  • - Exchange it for another, more suitable vehicle, with a small surcharge in Gold

Your reactions to this news have largely been negative and I completely understand - something you purchased is being changed and you are being told your primary alternative if you don't like it is to spend more gold.  Intentions here were noble - the gold value of the KV-5 is only 7,500, so a full gold refund would actually leave you 4,500 Gold short of even being able to purchase a tech tree Tier 8 Premium like the T34 (12,000) , or 5,000 short of the Löwe (12,500).  The idea was that players would have the option of a scale of vehicles to choose to swap for directly, all of which would be of significantly greater gold value than a refund.  This was not presented well, and we hear and have shared your feedback on this announcement immediately.  We will be reviewing this plan with the global team and will share updates with you on any changes when they are ready.

Our primary goal here is to solve the problems in Matchmaking currently being caused by vehicles with preferential mm by re-working them in a manner that maintains their unique characteristics but balances them for normal matchmaking appropriately.  Ideally we can do so in a way that leaves all current owners satisfied with their performance, but we did want to assure people there would be other options if they are not.  In the meantime, please check out the changes to the KV-5 listed in the article above and let us know what you think.  These are early yet, and will go through several rounds of testing and data/feedback review before being considered for the live server.

Thank you for your feedback and have a great day on the battlefield,

CM

Edited by CabbageMechanic, May 21 2018 - 22:53.

BlackFive #2 Posted May 21 2018 - 22:54

Major

• Players
  • 27869 battles
:izmena:Whoo boy, here comes the flames of wrath and presumption :popcorn:

Arc_gunner #3 Posted May 21 2018 - 23:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 50030 battles
  • [BSTTE] BSTTE

i can't wait to see how my first ever premium tank  the is6 is going to get buffed on its gun i have over 2500 in my tank 

Dahkoht #4 Posted May 21 2018 - 23:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10833 battles

POPULAR

How about this , I have almost all of the preferred MM tanks , and bought them because of preferred MM so I could have tier 8 games with no Type 5's igniting me instantly to death.

I also own most of the premiums too, I like the game , I've given you lots of money , and never minded that , until now.

I don't have any premiums I want to trade for , I don't care what buffs you make I bought the pref mm tanks for preferred mm. Period.

It's fairly simply , full gold refund has to be an option also.

Otherwise you're [edited]ting on your paying customers.

SpeedWeaponry #5 Posted May 21 2018 - 23:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 42978 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

POPULAR

Did you leave the link to this forum article off the end of the news article to prevent an overload of the forum server by people coming here to complain?  Seems legit. 

[Edit:  Ah, I see the link has been added.  Thank you.]

I don't just want a credit toward a different tier 8 in exchange for my pref matchmaking tanks (THAT WERE ADVERTISED AS SUCH!), but I'd like my money back, please.

Edited by SpeedWeaponry, May 22 2018 - 01:45.

cloudwalkr #6 Posted May 21 2018 - 23:05

Major

• Players
  • 53845 battles

POPULAR

I'm laughing so hard right now. 

WG is so absolute crap at balancing that they put out the 268v4 in it's current state and they're worried about the impact of preff MM tanks?  And are going to take that one feature away from them?  LOL

Dumbest s@@@ ever.  Preff MM tanks aren't the problem.  WG lack of any sort of ability to create balance and good maps is the problem.  How about you guys go actually focus on that instead of changing preff MM tanks?

I'm just amazed at the priorities of WG.

edit:  I think I truly just gave up on WG.  If this goes through, I'm probably uninstalling for good.

I also feel this is a good time to look at how a few other companies do things.  Take Larian Studios for example.  They put out a game a few years ago, updated it and released it for free to those who already owned the game.  What I'm getting at by this is that WG has an opportunity to change the tanks and also build some rep possibly.  All they would have to do is change the preff MM tanks and then allow anyone who own the tank to change out for any other premium of the same tier for free.  No stupid 2k gold up-charge bulls@@@.  If they did this, then I actually wouldn't be all that upset about the changes.

I would love to change my 34-3 in for a skorp G.  Let me do things like that, WG, and you may not lose tonnes of paying customers.  This is a pipe dream though as WG have shown over and over that they will squeeze money out of players any way they can.

Edited by cloudwalkr, May 21 2018 - 23:28.

kebab6597 #7 Posted May 21 2018 - 23:05

Major

• Players
  • 54977 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Thanks for the explanation Cabbage much appreciated

Dahkoht #8 Posted May 21 2018 - 23:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10833 battles

Noble intentions ?

Maybe , 

But certainly a stupid customer service move.

__WarChild__ #9 Posted May 21 2018 - 23:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 17609 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE

Throw a little skill into that matchmaking and it'll all be fine...  :trollface:

Thanks for reaching out to us Cabbage.  Plus 1 to you and the Wargaming NA staff!  :great:

__WarChild__

#EVENTHETEAMS!

Zuikakoo #10 Posted May 21 2018 - 23:10

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16829 battles
But I want to keep it like it is.   Its a premium, you don't nerf premiums, I bought it, paid cash for it, its mine, buyer beware good and bad.   

HighCharity_AkemiHomura #11 Posted May 21 2018 - 23:12

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10549 battles
Bad meme... Rip my IS6B statpadding(?).

nukem519 #12 Posted May 21 2018 - 23:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 30227 battles
  • [THUD] THUD

They should give an option of refunding customers money back with real money instead of game gold. If someone wanted to purchase gold then they could take the gold option. They are the ones that are changing something that they sold for real money and giving players grieve, not the players. Players bought these tanks so they do not have to play bottom tier every match. It is not the players fault that these tanks got power creep on them. All the players wanted was a buff to the tanks(in game and shop tanks) that got power creep on them so they could be more competitive in the matches they were in and not be bottom tier every match.

GL & HF:)

Edited by nukem519, May 21 2018 - 23:18.

SpeedWeaponry #13 Posted May 21 2018 - 23:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 42978 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

POPULAR

How about move the pref matchmaking tanks up to tier 9 (and buff them accordingly)?  You could give them standard matchmaking and they would still only see +1 tier above them.

Keeping them at tier 8 and removing the pref matchmaking is ridiculous and unacceptable.

Mikosah #14 Posted May 21 2018 - 23:19

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

The issue will have to be investigated and dealt with on a tank-by-tank basis, there is no blanket solution to this problem. However I don't think premium MM itself is the actual problem here, simply that old premiums have been heavily powercrept and need rebalancing. In the case of the KV-5, would it really be so difficult to just buff its overall gun performance, terrain resistance, and view range? Why does the premium MM itself have to be removed?

And here's plan B, if they really had to eliminate the limited MM, why not just move the KV-5 to tier 7 and then rebalance from there? That would be a hundred times easier than trying to make it work at tier 8. The only way its armor would work at tier 8 would be if the armor was completely game-breaking. 

And just for the hell of it here's plan C, make +/-1 MM the norm across the board. I'm not saying remove 3/5/7 completely, just hold it in reserve and only use it when no other option is possible. If that happened, then individual tier balancing gets much easier without the ridiculous MM spreads to account for.

General_FireBall #15 Posted May 21 2018 - 23:20

Private

• Players
  • 26924 battles
  • [S--A] S--A
My only problem with this is the testing on the Supertest server. And that's because it's the same group of people sharing their ideas instead of the whole community getting to test and give their ideas of the changes. Thus, for example, why we have tanks like the 268 V4, and changes that aren't needed and so forth. So I think WG should also think about changing the way the Supertest server works as well.

Gravtech #16 Posted May 21 2018 - 23:21

Major

• Players
  • 29381 battles
how about adding the option to keep the tank as is with it's pref? Then you can at least reduce the number the pref version out there by having people who want to going for the buffed non-pref version or trading it in, while keeping the people who want a pref tank happy. 

Yao_Wang #17 Posted May 21 2018 - 23:21

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13045 battles
ok when can we expect to see the new stats for the tanks

Runfox #18 Posted May 21 2018 - 23:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 38278 battles
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO

First off, I  am super thrilled of the over all direction your going with this!. The KV-5 was only really strong when it was top tier way back in the day. Against other tier 8's and 9's it's just a bust. Buffing the armor and gun is just what it needs it needs to play in the current 3-5-7 MM. Yes give me a buff on the radio and gunners turrets please, and the guns pen, and you can reduce the rear armor, because, now it will not have to go in reverse, to protect the radio turret..

As for the trade in, if we don't like it,after the changes,  we should be able to get the in game gold we paid for it straight up!!!, Then any other trade in are ok, but we should absolutely be able to get the gold we paid for it, back in game!! That shouldn't be a problem, e spend the cash for the gold, and in game gold is still in game!!!

TheGhostCat #19 Posted May 21 2018 - 23:34

Major

• Players
  • 20153 battles
  • [LAMDA] LAMDA

POPULAR

It's like you want to keep driving customers away...you guys are unreal.

You're match making problems are FROM the 3/5/7 format.  That format has largely made vehicles with preferential MM MUCH worse off then intended.  There absolutely SHOULD NOT be a surcharge tacked  onto players who largely already do not get much use out of those older premium vehicles.

Edited by TheGhostCat, May 21 2018 - 23:39.

Yadad #20 Posted May 21 2018 - 23:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 20400 battles
I'll take real money back if you touch my pref MM tanks as this change adds nothing but crap and junk to the game. As for your explanation I highly recommend new tester's who have a clue and LOL at increasing queue time. Just upgrade from mice to rats to fix that extra 2 seconds of queue time.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users