Changes to Vehicles With Preferential Matchmaking + Notes on Trade-in

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1086 replies to this topic

F4U_wingman #181 Posted May 22 2018 - 04:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 73711 battles
  • [MUG-W] MUG-W

Ok.. I hope you will fix the MM for the kv220-2 also. :) That is my favorite tank to play and...

I don't like seeing tier 6 tanks more than 70% of my battles. :(

Dahkoht #182 Posted May 22 2018 - 04:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11474 battles

Usually not much into gov't intervention, but I'll admit , 

I can't wait to watch the [edited]storm that WG will be into the EU consumer rights (and AU ) if they push this live.

EULA's and time limits on returns and refunds mean about crapthere.

mrmojo #183 Posted May 22 2018 - 04:22

Major

• Players
  • 20023 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-

View PostKRZYB00P, on May 22 2018 - 11:12, said:

Getting rid of Pref MM is still speculation at this point.

The Pref MM is being changed and the KV-5 is the first to get re-balanced.

doublespeak

ˈdʌb(ə)lspiːk/

noun: doublespeak; noun: double-speak

deliberately euphemistic, ambiguous, or obscure language.

Dragon_Witch #184 Posted May 22 2018 - 04:23

Major

• Players
  • 11797 battles

View Postmrmojo, on May 21 2018 - 22:22, said:

doublespeak

ˈdʌb(ə)lspiːk/

noun: doublespeak; noun: double-speak

deliberately euphemistic, ambiguous, or obscure language.

double-plus good post

Burning_Haggis #185 Posted May 22 2018 - 04:27

Captain

• Players
  • 43077 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

Standing on the EULA while screwing the customer is an act of a dying business grasping for straws.  In the end all such an action does is to create distrust in the company.

Perfect example of a good way to add to lack of trust is KRZYB00P trying to play a word game when he knows exactly what we are talking about. You must really think the avg player is a moron.

KRZYBooP #186 Posted May 22 2018 - 04:28

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3244 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostThatTrafficCone, on May 22 2018 - 03:00, said:

Bless you, KRZYB00P, for communicating with us. Sorry things can't always be constructive from our end, but some of us try. :great:

By chance did you catch my post on Page 2? I'm in favor of changing up the KV-5, but I think these preliminary stats are taking the tank in the wrong direction, turning it into something generic. The KV-5 is an awkward and dumb tank by design; don't take that away, but instead I think you guys should double-down on its more iconic aspects.

I sadly can't comment much on the changes. I played the KV-2 recently and was all, "Dayumm this is a glass house!" I am still kinda new and need more battles before saying something feels appropriate.

View PostThe_Real_Black_Knight, on May 22 2018 - 03:03, said:

SOrry KRZYB00P, no joy in entering my full reply

You can message it to me :)

View PostBurning_Haggis, on May 22 2018 - 03:12, said:

Anyone "optimistic" about a WG decision going in the right direction, and not just screwing the average player every chance they get, has to have a paper head.  The one constant we have seen from WG is an ability to tell us one thing, make it a 'set in stone" promise, then break said promise with no regard to the effect on just how we view their credibility.   

One thing I can promise is that this will become a major factor in the purchase decision about any future premium tanks.  What is next? Sell a few super-op premiums, then "rebalance" them after the cash-flow has dwindled from them?  And why would we ever believe a single word WG said promising not to bastardize some new premium we had just bought?   Some things can't be undone once they happen, and it's a hell of allot harder to rebuild trust in a company than it is to stick by their original commitment.

Again, if the KV5's pref MM was so terrible, why was it sold in the store just over 5 months ago?   Or would WG just rather not answer that question?

There isn't enough information on the full aspect of the decisions in the post. Only that changes are being made to try and address issues many players have with MM.

Everything a company does affects the purchase decision. (Looking at you MCRIB!) Also super op tanks come with a grain of salt in the form of player opinion. (I know about the Obj268v4. Changes are coming as I posted earlier). You are correct that trust is hard to build, but if you stop building a bridge after a set back then it will never get built.

The KV-5 wasn't pointed out as the cause for breaking the MM, but is a the first to receive changes as a Pref MM Tank.

Hordakai #187 Posted May 22 2018 - 04:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 23007 battles
  • [80PRF] 80PRF

View PostTitaniumXL, on May 21 2018 - 19:00, said:

Looking forward to playing a competitive KV-5 again, was getting dusty in the garage

you will have to wait then. the purposed changes certainly won't make it be able to deal with tier tens at all. 

KRZYBooP #188 Posted May 22 2018 - 04:41

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3244 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

My only goal here is asking that everyone wait for more information as the article that was posted raised many questions among our team as well. Most of all sharing the same sentiment as everyone in this thread.

I am not on here to defend or justify decisions made by our Developers. Changes have been happening to this game since Beta in efforts to create a game that players around the world love to play. Even the whole world can't agree one thing unanimously and the same goes for any change that happens to constantly changing video game.

Hell if it makes you feel better focus me in front line I will be there from 12pm- 1pm. Careful though as I do shoot back :P.

Lexers615 #189 Posted May 22 2018 - 04:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15602 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

WG should stop smokescreening us and should focus on the REAL issues at hand steadily driving players away:

1 - WG condoning of so-called "unfair modding" and aimbotting. I mean, come on, half the broadcasters opening use aimbots and just plain botting, opening reviewing which bot mod is better than others, and WG won't do a thing even with the recorded broadcast sent to them, claiming privacy policy; several Youtubers record their games with the TracerZ and Ghost mods running, and even when given the link, WG won't do a thing against them, and I could go on and on. The unaddressed cheating, along as WG providing support for people having problems running mods, as well as WG claiming on one hand to have a fair play policy, to then do strictly nothing when provided evidence, to then periodically make numbers up regarding players banned, is the most important sink in the playerbase;

2 - WG favoring some players over others, leading to uneven development (for example.: yoloer keep having new fast high-DPM tanks, campers keep having new long-range high-DPM hard to spot tanks, but on the other hand arty players haven't had any addition in years, literally, and keep facing nerfs. I mentioned arties, but Ghost scouts too are angry for different reasons);

3 - WG's "Felonious grade" customer support wouldn't be much of an issue wouldn't those two issues not being that problematic, as constant server side glitch tend to affect WoWs a lot lot more that WoT, even if there are like 10 times more people playing WoT...

Lethalhavoc #190 Posted May 22 2018 - 04:49

Major

• Players
  • 38720 battles

View PostKRZYB00P, on May 21 2018 - 20:12, said:

The only statement in the article applies to the KV-5 on a players account and not purchased as gifts.

None of the ones i bought were sent or received as gifts, i purchased them directly on the accounts in question (mine, my sons and my sons friend) with my credit card.

I can't speak for my son or his friend as to which they would choose, but for myself, give me a cash refund.

Edited by Lethalhavoc, May 22 2018 - 04:50.

GRUMPY__reaper #191 Posted May 22 2018 - 04:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 31418 battles
  • [RE4PR] RE4PR

My kv5 was fine just collecting dust over the last 5 years....

now here comes the real goods... all this is the end game for Wg…. all to line the pocket book

You guys never do the right thing... that is give us like for like.... you invented the KV5, you sold it to us..... u made up many vehicles with this preferred MM... we bought into it..you made more prem MM vehicles we bought more and more... then you give us the barrel up the wazoo and never give us a refund...of FACE VALUE... you instead offer up more ways to push the crack on us.... with discounted new vehicles on a trade in..hey you guys running a used tank lot now.... here let me remind you... u are fing us over pixels REALLY.....7 years of this shiat 

do the right thing just once!!!!!!

1, allow any player who shelled out real cash for your fake tanks.. to get a REAL refund of full face value.... if you did that..you might keep some more customer base.....

BabA_YA6A #192 Posted May 22 2018 - 04:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26287 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

View PostAvalon304, on May 21 2018 - 17:44, said:

I mean you have to make a choice though... WG cant offer refunds every time they change a premium. So your choices will end up being "Premiums never get touched" or "Premiums get rebalanced with no refund". Pick one.

If youre dead set on getting a refund every time a premium is rebalanced then what WG should do is never touch those premiums ever again and never offer them again. But thats even worse for you, because at the end of the day youre left with a tank you'll never play and you still dont get your money back for it. Atleast if you let them rebalance it you get a tank that you may actually be able to play, even if you dont get your money back. And lets be clear, when I say "money" I mean "gold" because cash refunds will probably never be a thing. Now... all that being said: If WG wants to offer a refund, it should be for the full gold value of the tank. No more, no less.

And yes, I am quite exhausted today. That Im putting even half coherent sentences together right now is a miracle. (Also Chrome isnt spellchecking the post text field... so... dunno why that is).

WG cant offer refunds every time they change a premium.... Just one comment on that sentence. Its fine and dandy if wargaming improves some of the mediocre performing "NON" preferential match making vehicles.

But removing a vehicle out of preferential match making status is not part of the original deal. 

Burning_Haggis #193 Posted May 22 2018 - 04:51

Captain

• Players
  • 43077 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostKRZYB00P, on May 21 2018 - 21:28, said:

I sadly can't comment much on the changes. I played the KV-2 recently and was all, "Dayumm this is a glass house!" I am still kinda new and need more battles before saying something feels appropriate.

You can message it to me :)

There isn't enough information on the full aspect of the decisions in the post. Only that changes are being made to try and address issues many players have with MM.

Everything a company does affects the purchase decision. (Looking at you MCRIB!) Also super op tanks come with a grain of salt in the form of player opinion. (I know about the Obj268v4. Changes are coming as I posted earlier). You are correct that trust is hard to build, but if you stop building a bridge after a set back then it will never get built.

The KV-5 wasn't pointed out as the cause for breaking the MM, but is a the first to receive changes as a Pref MM Tank.

If you can't understand the difference between the 268-4 that was purchased with game credits, and the premiums that were purchased with real money, then talking to you is as hopeless as it comes...   That difference should be easy for anyone to understand.

WG floated this turd as a way to see if the players would accept another pounding in the rear.   Now that the storm has begun, you try to tell us there isn't enough information for us to make a decision about it?     bahahah, that is silly.   WG shouldn't have pulled the trigger on releasing the idea if they didn't have enough information yet, or, maybe this is just yet another example of WG's inability to figure out just what to do next.   I am going with the second.

Still no answer why pref MM tanks have been on sale so recently, if they were such a problem.   Does anyone there have even the slightest clue about what they are doing?

Edited by Burning_Haggis, May 22 2018 - 04:57.

Lexers615 #194 Posted May 22 2018 - 04:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15602 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostWOLPERTINGER_, on May 21 2018 - 22:50, said:

WG cant offer refunds every time they change a premium.... Just one comment on that sentence. Its fine and dandy if wargaming improves some of the mediocre performing "NON" preferential match making vehicles.

But removing a vehicle out of preferential match making status is not part of the original deal. 

Besides, anyone that owns a prem T14 knows WG does nerf prems from time to time.. And I agree that pref. MM is most of the time the glue that "seals the deal" into a player mind purchasing it. Removing it is a major breach of the agreement, like a car dealer taking away the Audi you bought last year, saying he revised the sale and decided that you will now own a 1970 Japanese car in dire need of repair...

Burning_Haggis #195 Posted May 22 2018 - 04:58

Captain

• Players
  • 43077 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostLexers615, on May 21 2018 - 21:56, said:

Besides, anyone that owns a prem T14 knows WG does nerf prems from time to time.. And I agree that pref. MM is most of the time the glue that "seals the deal" into a player mind purchasing it. Removing it is a major breach of the agreement, like a car dealer taking away the Audi you bought last year, saying he revised the sale and decided that you will now own a 1970 Japanese car in dire need of repair...

zero battles?  So which WG employee's alt is this?

Lexers615 #196 Posted May 22 2018 - 05:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15602 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostBurning_Haggis, on May 21 2018 - 22:58, said:

zero battles?  So which WG employee's alt is this?

15k battles you mean?

And, dude, read again, I agree with you...

Burning_Haggis #197 Posted May 22 2018 - 05:03

Captain

• Players
  • 43077 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostLexers615, on May 21 2018 - 22:00, said:

15k battles you mean?

And, dude, read again, I agree with you...

Sorry, it showed up as zero battles until I refreshed.    My apologies

Nonamanadus #198 Posted May 22 2018 - 05:04

Major

• Players
  • 28550 battles
  • [HBG] HBG

View PostKRZYB00P, on May 22 2018 - 01:58, said:

Changes to Tanks are always a possibility due to nature of the game. This is a living, breathing, evolving game, just like when your favorite football team trades away a random player. ( I don't sports very well.) 

Sports teams sack coaches & general managers when they can't do their jobs correclty and from the fallout Wargaming has generated in less than a year on numerous occasions maybe they should start there. 

Bavor #199 Posted May 22 2018 - 05:04

Major

• Players
  • 30739 battles

View PostKRZYB00P, on May 21 2018 - 21:42, said:

View PostBavor, on May 22 2018 - 02:27, said:

Why not give us the option of a full gold refund for the tank?  I'm sure there will be some tanks the owners are not happy with and they don't want a different tank in exchange.

Cause it you wouldn't be able to 1:1 with the original price of the KV-5.

Are you saying you can't refund the gold price of the KV-5 if we don't like the KV-5 after the changes?  What about other tanks?  We can't get a gold refund instead of an exchange with a different tank?

Bavor #200 Posted May 22 2018 - 05:07

Major

• Players
  • 30739 battles

Are you changing pref matchmaking tanks of every tier?  There are some mid and low tier tanks that would be a big issue.

If you are changing pref matchmaking tanks of other tiers, how would you fix the TOG II?  How can a TOG face tier 8s?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users