Changes to Vehicles With Preferential Matchmaking + Notes on Trade-in

• Please log in to reply
1006 replies to this topic

hllrbrn #41 Posted May 22 2018 - 00:12

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22046 battles

Hello CabbageMechanic 

Player since 2012 here spent hundreds of dollars on this game, I hope its not more than hundreds......but it probably is. 

Allow me to add my overwhelming negative response to this idea. 

I could go on and on about WG implementing fixes ineptly over the years and yes, I am still here don't know why,  Oh yes I do know why. 

I LOVED THIS GAME.  Hate most of the things you've done to the game but I still remember when the maps were not corridors, and everything else that changed for the worse that should have driven me away but didn't. 

I had too much invested, progressed to far in the game to just walk away. 

And yet like an abusive, using, gold digging girlfriend WG may have just gone far enough if this is implemented as reported to finally say. 

We should see other people.....and walk away

cloudwalkr #42 Posted May 22 2018 - 00:12

Major

• Players
  • 53836 battles
  • [SYNGZ] SYNGZ

View Postdmb47, on May 22 2018 - 00:10, said:

SO--I pay cash for a product.  After I buy it, you change the specs of said product(removing pref. MM and "Buffing" the stats to make it the WORST T8 heavy)--and you are being "NICE" to me by allowing me to give you MORE money?  Cash refund please.

I just hope people think of this when deciding to make future purchases with WG.  My wallet closed years ago and I'm happy as hell it did right about now.

thunder59 #43 Posted May 22 2018 - 00:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39019 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostTheGhostCat, on May 21 2018 - 14:34, said:

It's like you want to keep driving customers away...you guys are unreal.

You're match making problems are FROM the 3/5/7 format.  That format has largely made vehicles with preferential MM MUCH worse off then intended.  There absolutely SHOULD NOT be a surcharge tacked  onto players who largely already do not get much use out of those older premium vehicles.

This!

If you do this then refunds in real cash MUST be offered! I paid real cash for preferential MM and decent stats on the tank. Now you are taking this away. How the he!! do you justify that?

Edited by thunder59, May 22 2018 - 00:19.

Realign #44 Posted May 22 2018 - 00:15

Captain

• Players
  • 27851 battles
  • [RS] RS

View Postcloudwalkr, on May 21 2018 - 18:12, said:

I just hope people think of this when deciding to make future purchases with WG.  My wallet closed years ago and I'm happy as hell it did right about now.

Its a good antidote for overspending in this game for sure.  Every time a new tier 8 comes out this is me;

"Oooooo that looks cool.  I kind of like tanks like that.  Ah sweet comes with a bia crew even..."

then the voice chimes in, "but you don't play tier 8 anymore, and you have enough already for strongholds...."

and then I don't buy it.   I did get the 13 57, but that is fun to play with and by golly, it doesn't seem to see busted tier 10s!...

Dragon_Witch #45 Posted May 22 2018 - 00:20

Major

• Players
  • 11676 battles

View Postdmb47, on May 21 2018 - 18:10, said:

SO--I pay cash for a product.  After I buy it, you change the specs of said product(removing pref. MM and "Buffing" the stats to make it the WORST T8 heavy)--and you are being "NICE" to me by allowing me to give you MORE money?  Cash refund please.

I agree with this.  I paid real money for my preferential tanks with the understanding that they were to remain preferential tanks.  If Wargaming reneges on the deal we made of "I will give you real money in exchange for a tank that does not see tier 10", then I should get my money back.  And not gold, but my real, actual dollar bills I spent on what turned out to be a lie.

edit:  And IF I decide to upgrade, the tanks I can upgrade to better be really special.  Not a Defender or a Patriot or a Liberte, but a M60 or a T95E6 or a Nameless. 

ThePigSheFlies #46 Posted May 22 2018 - 00:22

Major

• Players
  • 62426 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostRealign, on May 21 2018 - 18:15, said:

Its a good antidote for overspending in this game for sure.  Every time a new tier 8 comes out this is me;

"Oooooo that looks cool.  I kind of like tanks like that.  Ah sweet comes with a bia crew even..."

then the voice chimes in, "but you don't play tier 8 anymore, and you have enough already for strongholds...."

and then I don't buy it.   I did get the 13 57, but that is fun to play with and by golly, it doesn't seem to see busted tier 10s!...

I have made purchases at year end as a means of funding an annual premium account - despite having a good portion of last year spent traveling for work, and not having the will to play in the cancerously bad funnel maps for a long time.  

I have not ever purchased one of the premium shop only exclusive tier 7/8 tanks, or the themed tanks - and I will not, despite how fun they may look.  there are too many other decisions, (or even indecision) in play that negatively impact my own entertainment and in light of that will not be coaxed into buying those tanks.

none of the GF tanks, no Skorpion G, no cent 5/1, no T-44-100 (Was that even sold?) no black edition tanks, no defender, etc., etc.

if they become eligible for "trade-in" on some of my old pref mm tanks that I rarely play these days such as the FCM, or the JG 8.8 if/when I am unhappy with how they become adjusted then I might consider it.

else, it's just another decision wargaming is looking to make that I disagree with that negatively impacts my personal entertainment derived from the game - and thus is just another reason to not participate in the player queue

ThatTrafficCone #47 Posted May 22 2018 - 00:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36042 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
Can someone explain to me why people get up in arms and demand cash refunds for whenever Wargaming even thinks of touching a premium tank? I genuinely don't understand it.

I think part of why they're asking for a surcharge of 2000G is because when the KV-5 was first released, it was for 7500G or so. Tier VIII premium heavies nowadays are at least 10000G, so it might not be consumer friendly but it's economically fair, and in the end you're still paying less than the modern price for a Tier VIII heavy tank. You might have paid cash for the tank, but it's not your cash that's tied up in the tank. It's the in-game gold value of your money that's tied up in your tank. If Wargaming was nice they'd offer a full gold refund, but they don't have to offer you anything in return. Your money is already tied up in the game's economy; you're not entitled to just withdraw it like out of a bank. Asking for a cash refund would be like winning tickets in an arcade, going to the counter, and asking to trade the tickets for your money back because the prizes changed from how they were the last time. It makes no sense to me.

Edited by ThatTrafficCone, May 22 2018 - 00:24.

HOTA_CHATON #48 Posted May 22 2018 - 00:23

Major

• Players
  • 12339 battles
  • [KOFJ] KOFJ
If they do this the right way, I have no problem with it.  The changes being made to the KV-5 sound very fair to me.  Let's just see what the finished product really is.

Commodore_Krunk #49 Posted May 22 2018 - 00:24

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13090 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-

View PostCabbageMechanic, on May 21 2018 - 13:51, said:

Hey Tankers,

As many of you have already noticed, an article was posted today covering some upcoming  preliminary changes to the KV-5, along with some guidelines of what we are planning for the future of tanks with preferential matchmaking.  A particular section of the article has been (fairly) causing some consternation, and we would like to address it.

Your reactions to this news have largely been negative and I completely understand - something you purchased is being changed and you are being told your primary alternative if you don't like it is to spend more gold.  Intentions here were noble - the gold value of the KV-5 is only 7,500, so a full gold refund would actually leave you 4,500 Gold short of even being able to purchase a tech tree Tier 8 Premium like the T34 (12,000) , or 5,000 short of the Löwe (12,500).  The idea was that players would have the option of a scale of vehicles to choose to swap for directly, all of which would be of significantly greater gold value than a refund.  This was not presented well, and we hear and have shared your feedback on this announcement immediately.  We will be reviewing this plan with the global team and will share updates with you on any changes when they are ready.

Our primary goal here is to solve the problems in Matchmaking currently being caused by vehicles with preferential mm by re-working them in a manner that maintains their unique characteristics but balances them for normal matchmaking appropriately.  Ideally we can do so in a way that leaves all current owners satisfied with their performance, but we did want to assure people there would be other options if they are not.  In the meantime, please check out the changes to the KV-5 listed in the article above and let us know what you think.  These are early yet, and will go through several rounds of testing and data/feedback review before being considered for the live server.

Thank you for your feedback and have a great day on the battlefield,

CM

Is this going to be for tier 8 preferred mm only or are you going to hit 4, 5 and 7 too?

C_K

Edited by Commodore_Krunk, May 22 2018 - 00:25.

cloudwalkr #50 Posted May 22 2018 - 00:26

Major

• Players
  • 53836 battles
  • [SYNGZ] SYNGZ

View PostRealign, on May 22 2018 - 00:15, said:

I agree, there are a lot of premiums out there right now that i would love to own.  My issue is they are as close to pay2win as you can get without actually crossing that line.  Take the skorp G for example.  10sec reload for 500+ alpha on a full turret td that is as quick as most mediums.  Sure it has no armor but lets be real here, armor isn't really a thing for most tanks in this game any more.  So to avg or above avg players the skorp G is VERY powerful.  Especially on frontline mode.

I don't agree with selling OP premiums, which most of the recent premiums fall into that group in my opinion, and so haven't been buying them on the hopes that WG would change it's practices.  I've been very wrong...lol.

Look at the defender vs is3.  I'd take a team of defenders vs is3's any day of the week in detachments.  That's pay2win in my book.  

ThePigSheFlies #51 Posted May 22 2018 - 00:28

Major

• Players
  • 62426 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostThatTrafficCone, on May 21 2018 - 18:22, said:

Can someone explain to me why people get up in arms and demand cash refunds for whenever Wargaming even thinks of touching a premium tank? I genuinely don't understand it.

I think part of why they're asking for a surcharge of 2000G is because when the KV-5 was first released, it was for 7500G or so. Tier VIII premium heavies nowadays are at least 10000G, 

can you point me to the tier 8 russian heavy that is not preferential MM, as a crew trainer, that is available in the tech tree and thus would be available under this proposal?

if I acquired a KV5, it would have been for a russian crew trainer.  unless wargaming is also talking about allowing national defections, a lowe doesn't do me any good...

Mojo_Riesing #52 Posted May 22 2018 - 00:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17435 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

Edited by Mojo_Riesing, Jun 07 2018 - 09:16.

Lethalhavoc #53 Posted May 22 2018 - 00:28

Major

• Players
  • 38719 battles

View PostCommodore_Krunk, on May 21 2018 - 16:24, said:

Is this going to be for tier 8 preferred mm only or are you going to hit 4, 5 and 7 too?

C_K

If they start with the 8's, then they'll do all of the tiers.

They're starting with the KV 5 because it's probably one of the least played.

Edited by Lethalhavoc, May 22 2018 - 00:30.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #54 Posted May 22 2018 - 00:28

Major

• Players
  • 15650 battles
  • [F_O_G] F_O_G

[edited]!

I paid real money for the tank AS IT IS NOW.  Now what it will be.  I do not want a refund or a new tank.  I want the tank as it is which is what I paid for.

Nonamanadus #55 Posted May 22 2018 - 00:28

Major

• Players
  • 27441 battles
  • [HBG] HBG

How is it the players have a better grasp on MM and balancing than the developers? Seriously think pref tanks are the problem after you release the Object 268 Version 4 out in the wild and then trivialize the nerfs by leaving out the root cause? 

You guys have lost touch with the game and those who play it.

ThatTrafficCone #56 Posted May 22 2018 - 00:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36042 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

View PostThePigSheFlies, on May 21 2018 - 16:28, said:

can you point me to the tier 8 russian heavy that is not preferential MM, as a crew trainer, that is available in the tech tree and thus would be available under this proposal?

if I acquired a KV5, it would have been for a russian crew trainer.  unless wargaming is also talking about allowing national defections, a lowe doesn't do me any good...

That's not at all relevant to the question I asked?

SearsRoebuckandCompany #57 Posted May 22 2018 - 00:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9074 battles
Nice changes.  Look good to me.  Good job wargaming!  Oh my!  The tears really are flowing!

madogthefirst #58 Posted May 22 2018 - 00:38

Major

• Players
  • 22916 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
If you think I'm going to do a trade in that is not 1:1 then you have another thing coming. I ain't even till I'm ahead.

ToothDecay #59 Posted May 22 2018 - 00:39

Major

• Players
  • 26090 battles
  • [NARC] NARC

WG BROKE the MM, and they think the Pref MM tanks are the problem ????????????????????????

Yup, KV-5 caused it.

WG came up with 268-4, BUT pref mm tanks are breaking Q times ?

With tier 8's nothing but fodder for the tier 10's, This is BS.  BS, do you hear me ????

WTH kind of logic is this ???????????????

I read all the articles, been playing for longtime, I paid CASH in the premium shop, SO I WANT A FULL REFUND IN CASH <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_Platform #60 Posted May 22 2018 - 00:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10508 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
So many tears.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users