• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1086 replies to this topic

BudEDogg #901 Posted Jun 01 2018 - 15:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16002 battles
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE

Hmmm...

WG started building matches using a "tank weight" formula, which led to lopsided matches.  WG markets and sell some tanks with preferential MM.  Consumer buys preferential MM tanks so they can grind crews and earn credits faster, without having to be in the original +/- 2 or 3 MM.

WG hires some guy who was a Russian CC as "Director of Game Balance".  Said balancer, developers and WG management see they are not making money on their free to play game, so introduce some OP premium tanks.  Those tanks make money either from the sale, or the poor schmoes who now have to obtain premium shells to defeat said tanks.  WG decides they are not getting enough revenue to pay for their yachts, junkets and dancing girls, so they balance the game by introducing 3-5-7 MM as the primary balance tool.  Said Director of Balancing is apparently a tool, too.  Players say this MM is garbage, so I will use my Pref MM tanks to avoid their stupid game mechanics to some degree.

WG now sees these pref MM tanks as the root of all evil, after demoting said Developer of Balance, and decide to "change" the offending Pref MM tanks so more people will spend more money to compensate for the what will undoubtedly be seen by the players as another botched balance attempt.

WG's balance attempt is just another attempt to generate revenue, either from increased credit costs for the premium ammo you will need to spam to be competitive, or the money you will need to pay for a different premium tank. 

Thank you WG for breaking an initially engaging game and pooping on your customer base.

Nonamanadus #902 Posted Jun 01 2018 - 16:10

Major

• Players
  • 29409 battles
  • [HBG] HBG

View PostBudEDogg, on Jun 01 2018 - 14:38, said:

Hmmm...

WG started building matches using a "tank weight" formula, which led to lopsided matches.  WG markets and sell some tanks with preferential MM.  Consumer buys preferential MM tanks so they can grind crews and earn credits faster, without having to be in the original +/- 2 or 3 MM.

WG hires some guy who was a Russian CC as "Director of Game Balance".  Said balancer, developers and WG management see they are not making money on their free to play game, so introduce some OP premium tanks.  Those tanks make money either from the sale, or the poor schmoes who now have to obtain premium shells to defeat said tanks.  WG decides they are not getting enough revenue to pay for their yachts, junkets and dancing girls, so they balance the game by introducing 3-5-7 MM as the primary balance tool.  Said Director of Balancing is apparently a tool, too.  Players say this MM is garbage, so I will use my Pref MM tanks to avoid their stupid game mechanics to some degree.

WG now sees these pref MM tanks as the root of all evil, after demoting said Developer of Balance, and decide to "change" the offending Pref MM tanks so more people will spend more money to compensate for the what will undoubtedly be seen by the players as another botched balance attempt.

WG's balance attempt is just another attempt to generate revenue, either from increased credit costs for the premium ammo you will need to spam to be competitive, or the money you will need to pay for a different premium tank. 

Thank you WG for breaking an initially engaging game and pooping on your customer base.

The sale of premium tanks is not a good idea for long term revenue, they will eventually saturate the market and paint themselves into a corner on balancing (if they have not already done so). If they want a stable source of income they will have to look at enticing more players to pay for convenience services. 

crazyhorse99sav #903 Posted Jun 01 2018 - 20:12

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Strange Wargaming are still selling premium tanks as we speak. The unsuspecting spending Real Money! Little do they know Wargaming are talking about changing their tank! Keep up the bait and switch Wargaming!!!!!!!!!

BudEDogg #904 Posted Jun 01 2018 - 20:36

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16002 battles
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE

Dear WG,

How about you let us dump our pref MM tanks after you balance them and trade for an Obj 907 for 2K gold?

Winterpeger #905 Posted Jun 01 2018 - 21:01

Major

• Players
  • 51233 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostBudEDogg, on Jun 01 2018 - 13:36, said:

Dear WG,

How about you let us dump our pref MM tanks after you balance them and trade for an Obj 907 for 2K gold?

No.. you want a clan wars reward tank.. then earn it clan wars.

Necrophore #906 Posted Jun 01 2018 - 21:02

Major

• Players
  • 30145 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View Postcyxd, on May 31 2018 - 19:37, said:

Dear Wargaming

What would it cost you to try a minor tweak to MM without actually overhauling it? 

Just change the frequency that each template is implemented:

Current Proposed
First 3/5/7 5/10
Second 5/10 3/5/7
Third 15 15

I'd make 15 a higher priority and pull tanks out of the queue 30 at a time. I don't understand the importance of making sure tier 10 tanks don't fight tier 10 tanks. The MM should only need to go to 3/5/7 when it trying to place scraps. (They could also have different priorities for different tiers, as a few tiers can't use 3/5/7.)

cbm10121 #907 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 02:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 34739 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

I watch my son play on CONSOLE getting top tier matches all day long. 

Claus Kellerman has pointed out correctly in his YouTube Video the PROBLEM IS THE CURRENT MATCHMAKER SYSTEM, NOT PREF TANKS..... It's always trying to put you at bottom tier, as explained by Wargaming themselves on the KV5 / No prefs notice.

... and what is going on with making a NEW KV5 uncompetitive "buffs and nerfs?"  It wont even be competitive with its own tier and fast mediums of lower tiers that can get around you.  Oh, wait a minute, Wargaming has already told us that current MATCHMAKER trys to put us always at bottom tier, so dont worry about Cromwells flanking you, since you will NEVER be TOP TIER!

I have spent literally thousands of dollars on this game, but NO MORE until they FIX THE MATCHMAKER!

If the USA CONSOLE TEAM can give you good matchmaking, why cant these BACKWARD RUSSIANS figure it out?

BOYCOTT ALL SPENDING ON THIS GAME UNTIL THEY FIX IT!!

cbm10121 #908 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 02:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 34739 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

Here is Claus Kellman's video.  It is a fair assesment, and like all of us, hate to see the developers WRECK the game.

Edited by cbm10121, Jun 02 2018 - 02:31.

astorino #909 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 04:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 26480 battles
  • [1_DIV] 1_DIV

cbm10121,

Thanks for the link to Claus Kellman's video.  It is great.  I totally agree with both the information and the sentiment!

Nonamanadus #910 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 05:15

Major

• Players
  • 29409 battles
  • [HBG] HBG

View PostWinterpeger, on Jun 01 2018 - 20:01, said:

Why? The Mutant owners got the shaft, pref MM owners are in the headlights now.....you think clan tanks will be excluded??? Money is there to be made.....just don't tense up when they bend you over otherwise the butt hurt will really sting.

Marine_Diesel #911 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 11:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 5041 battles

WG, You do realize removing pref MM not only pisses off customers whom bought the vehicles but also causes further power-creep and clubs lower tiers due to buffed premium tanks. Not great long-term thinking there. Preferential Premiums aren't the issue. it's power-creep and hence Matchmaking.

I don't think I need discuss how tier 4s get clubbed by tier 6s, tier 5s can get clubbed by tier 7s, tier 6s can get clubbed by tier 8s, and tier 8s get clubbed by tier 10s.

- Honestly when 3/5/7 MM came out, some tiers became more fun in my experience by limiting the amount of +2 tanks people see. But 3/5/7 doesn't work anymore. 3/5/7 MM is now a benchmark and not a permanent solution. I'd like to see +2/-2 MM work. You could have 2/5/8 to replace 3/5/7 but I'll take it 2/5/8 would make it worse??? Perhaps +1/-1 is the only way to go??

- An idea I had long ago was to try +1/-1 MM until tier 8.
But that would leave historical tanks like Pershing, King Tiger, etc alone at tier 8. Either power-creeped to death or left to fight tier 9s Not that they should fight tier 6s 'as they are ingame'. But they're over-tiered compared to their historical/technical specs. In other words, WG could have a tier lower premium historical tanks like Pershing, Tiger II (H), which are already modeled in the game. Win-Win.
*The last part is related to what Mikosah stated earlier, WG needs to move some pref premiums down a tier and balance them accordingly. Otherwise KV-5, pref MM or not still loses to power-creep.

Edited by Marine_Diesel, Jun 02 2018 - 12:01.

Diakron #912 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 15:33

Private

• Players
  • 12998 battles
I too have bought hundred of dollars worth of premiums, but after seeing this BS that Wargaming has decided to do? My wallet is joining the others in closing, Fixed your stupid as FU** MM Tier 10's are too powerful for most tier 8's I dont bother using most of mine except for my Skorpion G and the S1; both of which are considered extremely OP. You Could also fix the Chrysler GF while your at it.

crazyhorse99sav #913 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 17:09

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Our 50$ a tank x 5,10,15or20 some odd tanks. Guess a full 50$ a tank refund would be in order. Because yes we paid real money. Bait&switch. Way to piss your customers off. Way to chase customers away.

DannyS76 #914 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 18:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 16935 battles
  • [_CIA_] _CIA_

OK, I'm staying calm, but barely. Change is necessary at time, BUT buying a premium vehicle is like a promise from WG towards what has been purchased. You are breaking your word. I for one, do not appreciate it. I bought a tank expecting certain performance or pref MM and that is what I want. If I can't have it I should receive cash value back for said tank or at the minimum gold equivalent. If I paid 70 dollars I want 70 back or 70 worth of gold, not a bunch of malarchy on your part. I own virtually every gold tank on the tech tree and then some. I also am a less than average player. 

Once again, If I paid 70 dollars for a tank, I want 70 back...I do understand some were bundles and can't compensate, should not compensate for gold used, just the tank. If the tank is buffed properly it may be ok, but matchmaker will never change. I have noticed nothing. How about the B2? If it sees a higher tier it is a automatic loss, really.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

the_Deadly_Bulb #915 Posted Jun 03 2018 - 18:13

Major

• Players
  • 23146 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostWinterpeger, on Jun 01 2018 - 12:01, said:

Sure, because only the best players should get the sharp sticks.

Everyone else should just fund the game and go [edited]themselves.

Anything given to a top clan player should remain sacrosanct.

Only the plebs should take a [edited], and they should take their [edited]as regularly as WG sees fit and be thankful for the chance right?

Good idea. /s

You're a [edited]idiot.

BillT #916 Posted Jun 03 2018 - 19:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27067 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostNonamanadus, on Jun 01 2018 - 23:15, said:

View PostWinterpeger, on Jun 01 2018 - 20:01, said:

Why? The Mutant owners got the shaft, pref MM owners are in the headlights now.....you think clan tanks will be excluded??? Money is there to be made.....just don't tense up when they bend you over otherwise the butt hurt will really sting.

Yep.  If WG was willing to break a promise to people who actually spent money for a tank, why not break promises to people who won a tank for free?

Oh, don't worry - they'll introduce new CW rewards tanks, so you'll always have a new prestige tank you can win that won't be available to others.  

BillT #917 Posted Jun 03 2018 - 19:08

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27067 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostDigital_Malamute, on May 23 2018 - 19:06, said:

View PostBillT, on May 23 2018 - 18:44, said:

I second this.  There is no reason WG can't give us the modified KV-5 and let us drive it for a month or more before deciding whether to keep it or trade it.    Indeed, if WG insists we make that decision immediately, it's going to cement the idea that this is a giant rip-off.  Con men do use pressure to force their victims to make snap decisions. Honest merchants let you think it over.

That's what a PTS is for right?

It's an option, but I'd rather be able to test drive the new tank on the real server, where the credits and XP count.  I bought it as a credit earner, after all.  And again -- there is NO REASON WG can't give us some time to consider this decision they're forcing on us.

KCM36B2 #918 Posted Jun 03 2018 - 20:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 38430 battles
  • [W1CKD] W1CKD

Yo, Listen UP WOT Dev team!!!!

I think everyone agrees we can call complete B.S. on what WG suggested about the preferential MM tanks breaking the MM.... does not even pass the 50 ft. (15.4M for those outside the U.S.A.) sniff test.  They really stepped in it this time..  makes the Save Sir Foche debacle seem minor.  Wow.  This even pushed MarkGFL to finally quit as a WOT community contributor.

Four Tankers and a Dog is one of the guys who puts together some really good You Tube videos about WOT. 

He has suggested what could be a very workable solution to the MM issues (overall):

He also posted another video with some suggestions about the KV5 and preferential MM specifically: 

Come on WG!  Don't kill the golden goose with stupidity and greed.  Make your customers happy and they will stay.  Piss them off, and they will just stop playing (and paying).  I have pretty much stopped playing almost all of my preferential MM tanks because of the bias to place them in games as bottom tier.  Just stop it.  The MM should pick pref MM tanks to be mid or top tier at least 60% of the time, not be bottom tier 95% of the time.  Stop making tier 8s be xp fodder for the tier10s  it isn't fun, and if it isn't fun, people will stop playing (and paying).

Before patch 9.18, I actually had 20+ battles in a row in my skoda t25 when I was bottom tier, and about half of those there were only 1 or 2 tier 6 tanks in the battle.  There were numerous battles when I was playing a T5, T6, T7 or T8, and I was a minority bottom tier in a battle, and could not get into a battle as top tier at all (I actually kept a log for a while) - I got really, really sick of that! 

I had really hoped that the 3/5/7 MM would help before it was implemented on the live server -  but that hope was in vain once I realized that the numbers game ended up making the bottom tier tanks of each 3/5/7 selection rarely get to be top tier - in some ways it was way worse than before patch 9.18! The MM needs to be fixed so that you are only bottom tier about 1/3 of the time at best.  I would be ok with that.  4 tankers suggestions look like they would form the basis for a new computational algorithm which can yield a fun and fair MM for all tiers.  If that was implemented the preferential MM tanks would be workable, playable, profitable and enjoyable again.

I have 56 premium, gift and reward vehicles in my garage (out of over 200 vehicles in my garage), the vast majority I have paid for with real money.  That will end.

Listen UP WG NA!!!!!

Until this crap is fixed I will stop buying premium tanks, gold, and premium time!

Edited by KCM36B2, Jun 04 2018 - 23:25.

astorino #919 Posted Jun 03 2018 - 23:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 26480 battles
  • [1_DIV] 1_DIV

KCM36B2

Thanks for your comments and for posting these excellent videos.  You are accurately reflecting what a lot of us feel.  Even with the wonderful new graphics, the game has not been as much fun lately.  As to preferred MM premiums, I too do not want to give up the essential unique quality each one possesses.

WG, please don't kill this wonderful game you have created.  We, your paying customers, want a fair MM!

Mokoma #920 Posted Jun 03 2018 - 23:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 14024 battles
The main RU forum thread on this subject is on its 507th page, 10,133 comments and still going (although it’s slowed in recent days).

Others servers are expressing their frustration as well. No response from WG yet, since it became clear how big of a PR issue they had on their hands. Hopefully they’ll release a statement soon and we’ll see how they plan to respond to us.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users