Changes to Vehicles With Preferential Matchmaking + Notes on Trade-in

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1086 replies to this topic

Communistbear #941 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 00:34

Private

• -Players-
  • 10463 battles
As long as they are trying to remove prefMM from my tanks I refuse to give them a single cent. I have been a GOOD customer! I have spent $1000s of dollars on this game and if they are going to PUNISH me for it they can shove it. 

Sig121 #942 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 05:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 28251 battles
  • [FUZZZ] FUZZZ

I purposely bought preferential matchmaking tanks so that I wouldn't have to play tier 8 vs 10.  I don't want ANY regular MM tank as a trade or upgrade.  I've got 5 of them at tier 8, and they are fun to play without being changed.  Pretty much the same answer given by half the people in this post.

Go to a match maker system that builds games first at 5-10-0, then at 15-0-0, and lastly at 3-5-7 and PMM tanks can just stay as they are.  Just a re-order, not reinventing anything.  The MM right now is hideous at tier 8 with the 3-5-7 as a primary template.  Loads of WG community contributors say the same thing.  You remember, those people that are regularly asked for input on the game?  I haven't seen a single one that thinks PMM tanks are actually the problem, it is the match maker design. 

BTW - People wouldn't feel the need to buy PMM tanks at all if the MM was +1/-1......

Cognitive_Dissonance #943 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 14:14

Major

• Players
  • 40641 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

View Postcyxd, on Jun 05 2018 - 17:26, said:

At least there has been no collusion...

Comey, Mueller have yet to weigh in, news at 11:00, for Fox Fun Facts with ultra right wing narratives!!!

Tao_Te_Tomato #944 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 15:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 27171 battles
  • [TER] TER

View PostSig121, on Jun 06 2018 - 05:59, said:

BTW - People wouldn't feel the need to buy PMM tanks at all if the MM was +1/-1......

I'd still buy them as crew trainers/credit makers.  And sometimes just for the "kewl fun tank" factor.  KV-2 Ragnarok, for instance....:teethhappy:

That said, playing a VIII in a 3/5/7 match is just the pits.  Though playing XP Farmer with my Tier X machines can be fun, in a sad sort of way....

CapPhrases #945 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 17:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 7280 battles

View PostTao_Te_Tomato, on Jun 06 2018 - 09:11, said:

I'd still buy them as crew trainers/credit makers.  And sometimes just for the "kewl fun tank" factor.  KV-2 Ragnarok, for instance....:teethhappy:

That said, playing a VIII in a 3/5/7 match is just the pits.  Though playing XP Farmer with my Tier X machines can be fun, in a sad sort of way....

used to be prems were odd little off shoots of tanks that were available in the tech tree. they were given pref mm because the historical gun they were equipped with just wasn't at the same level of same tier tech tree tanks. *sigh* I miss those days :(

Harmless55 #946 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 17:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16081 battles
  • [L0ST] L0ST

View PostBayou80, on Jun 01 2018 - 02:00, said:

I'm done. Even if they rectify this it's just a matter of time before it's something else. They never listened to the players always done what they want and basically tell us it is what it is.

Not strictly true.

If it were strictly true, we'd all be buying emblems to boost our performance.

Omega_Weapon #947 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 22:08

Major

• Players
  • 52622 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostHarmless55, on Jun 06 2018 - 11:59, said:

Not strictly true.

If it were strictly true, we'd all be buying emblems to boost our performance.

​The fact that they reversed course from Rubicon gives me some hope that common sense will win out this time too. On the other hand Wargaming is still refusing to even address the controversy 16 days later, so hope is starting to fade. :confused:

Edited by Omega_Weapon, Jun 06 2018 - 22:10.

Isola_di_Fano #948 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 22:36

Major

• Players
  • 24367 battles
WG global team discussed extensively, no changes for now, more info to come in.

Crankster690 #949 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 23:38

Private

• Players
  • 13654 battles
  • [HSX] HSX
I seem to have a longer queue time in tier 5 and 6 than I do in 7, 8, 9 or 10 battles.   As for being bottom tier all the time or getting queued up with higher tiers with non-preferential tier 8's I call shenanigans on that also.  As for my KV-5 it seems I always get into tier 9's but my IS-6 almost always gets in with tier 7 and 8.  As for the refund, would this be the Russian refund where you all let us exchange the KV-5 and then spend more real money to get gold to get one of the tanks that are BS?  No thanks, I would just prefer an actual refund of money back.

BillT #950 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 23:41

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27609 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostSupra1JZ, on Jun 04 2018 - 14:45, said:

I am starting to honestly believe from the horrific template MM system to this massive premium tank nerf...these changes are not being done to improve the game. I really am starting to wonder if they are trying to close up shop and keep it from looking voluntary. 

OK, here's a conspiracy for you.  They're working on WOT 2.0 and they want to make a clean start.  They don't want to be hampered by past mistakes like premium tanks they can't rebalance or entire tech trees they'd rather just eliminate.  And most players already have enough premium tanks in WOT 1.0 that it's hard to sell them a new one, so wiping your accounts clean for 2.0 would mean a lot of cash spent quickly.

But they can't just wipe our accounts, because players would rebel.  So they're trying to make it look like WOT is just dying.  Then they announce a shutdown and we all sadly say goodbye to our accounts.  A year later, "Here's a great new video game published by DefinitelyNotWargamingInc, a new company founded by all the executives of that defunct company that brought you WOT.   We were sad when Wargaming Inc mismanaged that product, so we bought the rights, fixed the problems, and we welcome you to create a new account on our game.  Be sure to check out our premium tank packages -- these feature collectible tanks that will never be sold again after we go live!"

No, I don't believe a word of this crap, and even though I'm stating that right here, I'd bet someone's gonna believe it.

BillT #951 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 00:02

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27609 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Jun 06 2018 - 16:08, said:

​The fact that they reversed course from Rubicon gives me some hope that common sense will win out this time too. On the other hand Wargaming is still refusing to even address the controversy 16 days later, so hope is starting to fade. 

I propose we call this new Pref MM debacle "Screwbicon."  :-)

To your second point, this thread exists because WGNA did address the controversy.  Cabbagemechanic said up front, "We will be reviewing this plan with the global team and will share updates with you on any changes when they are ready."  That's not going to happen in a few days, or even a few weeks.  

But honestly, I don't expect them to change their plans. I think they'll come back with a better sales pitch. Probably they'll give us a list of the exact tanks we can trade the KV-5 for, and the "upgrade fee" for each of them, and they'll make that deal pretty sweet.  "Swap for a Defender, only 1000 gold.  That's a twenty dollar upgrade for only five dollars in gold!"  Maybe they'll even put some rare tanks on the list like the T95E2 , IS-5, or KV-4 Kreslavsky, If I were them I would make this deal really sweet for the KV-5 so people accept it willingly.  Then when they do the other pref MM tanks, they can tighten the clamps and say, "But everyone was happy with the KV-5 trade, why are you griping now?"

But hope springs eternal.  Maybe they'll realize, "Frontlines was such a success that it solves the problem of pref MM tanks: we just give everyone an ongoing single-tier option, and keep the MM as it is for random matches.  People who get bored fighting single tier in FL will switch to the randoms, and they'll be GLAD to see Tier 9s and Tier 10s again."

Tedsc #952 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 00:35

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 42953 battles

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Jun 06 2018 - 22:08, said:

​The fact that they reversed course from Rubicon gives me some hope that common sense will win out this time too. On the other hand Wargaming is still refusing to even address the controversy 16 days later, so hope is starting to fade. :confused:

While it would be nice to see a statement that they are re-evaluating, I haven't seen anything that says they are proceeding either.

Isola_di_Fano #953 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 02:15

Major

• Players
  • 24367 battles

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Jun 06 2018 - 16:08, said:

They are discussing right now. News will follow.

Sig121 #954 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 03:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 28251 battles
  • [FUZZZ] FUZZZ

View PostBillT, on Jun 06 2018 - 23:02, said:

I propose we call this new Pref MM debacle "Screwbicon."  :-)

To your second point, this thread exists because WGNA did address the controversy.  Cabbagemechanic said up front, "We will be reviewing this plan with the global team and will share updates with you on any changes when they are ready."  That's not going to happen in a few days, or even a few weeks.  

But honestly, I don't expect them to change their plans. I think they'll come back with a better sales pitch. Probably they'll give us a list of the exact tanks we can trade the KV-5 for, and the "upgrade fee" for each of them, and they'll make that deal pretty sweet.  "Swap for a Defender, only 1000 gold.  That's a twenty dollar upgrade for only five dollars in gold!"  Maybe they'll even put some rare tanks on the list like the T95E2 , IS-5, or KV-4 Kreslavsky, If I were them I would make this deal really sweet for the KV-5 so people accept it willingly.  Then when they do the other pref MM tanks, they can tighten the clamps and say, "But everyone was happy with the KV-5 trade, why are you griping now?"

But hope springs eternal.  Maybe they'll realize, "Frontlines was such a success that it solves the problem of pref MM tanks: we just give everyone an ongoing single-tier option, and keep the MM as it is for random matches.  People who get bored fighting single tier in FL will switch to the randoms, and they'll be GLAD to see Tier 9s and Tier 10s again."

​You may well be right WG won't change plans, although they have occasionally in the past when they get an overwhelming negative response.  Ultimately rebalancing all the pref tanks will take far more effort than reprioritizing the MM with templates it already has.... one would think WG should try the far easier fix first, especially if the player base would actually like it as a bonus.

Edited by Sig121, Jun 07 2018 - 03:20.

Bayou80 #955 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 06:22

Private

• Players
  • 19267 battles
  • [_AKA_] _AKA_
If they go +1-1 mm I'm all aboard that and give each pmm tank a slight buff, that would be a dream.

Bayou80 #956 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 06:23

Private

• Players
  • 19267 battles
  • [_AKA_] _AKA_
Oh skill base mm not all same skill in a game just equal skill on both teams.

OlTanker #957 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 15:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21033 battles

View PostIsola_di_Fano, on Jun 06 2018 - 15:36, said:

WG global team discussed extensively, no changes for now, more info to come in.

Not being snarkey but can you explain why you seem to have "privileged" or inside information on this? In short why should we think you have any info for real instead of just being another shill for wot? An unsupported statement like you posted is really nothing more than "noise" in transmission otherwise.

Tao_Te_Tomato #958 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 18:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 27171 battles
  • [TER] TER

View PostCapPhrases, on Jun 06 2018 - 17:10, said:

used to be prems were odd little off shoots of tanks that were available in the tech tree. they were given pref mm because the historical gun they were equipped with just wasn't at the same level of same tier tech tree tanks. *sigh* I miss those days :(

That had been my understanding for a long time - something a little better than stock, not as good as top end, but you could have it RIGHT NOW!!!!!  Plus some bennies for credits and training.

Then came the Defender...:facepalm:

cyxd #959 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 19:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 64928 battles
  • [25CDN] 25CDN

UPDATE: Just completed an ingame survey!

So utterly disappointing. With this outpouring of dissatisfaction expressed by paying customers, wargaming decided to ask me how i felt about "enhanced premium account types"

examples:

• early access to upcoming premium vehicles.
  • selective bonus application 
  • ability to pause premium acct while on vacation
  • enhanced bonuses for clan membership
  • enhanced bonuses for being in a platoon
  • and still other ways to fleece us...

I crapyou not. 

Isola_di_Fano #960 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 20:34

Major

• Players
  • 24367 battles

View PostOlTanker, on Jun 07 2018 - 09:08, said:

An unsupported statement like you posted is really nothing more than "noise" in transmission otherwise.

Sent a message, received an answer from a no-nonsense person.

Also,

Not even withstanding the above, do you recall Rubicon and the uproar ?

It seems to me that the player base is even more upset right now than it was back then.

You can draw your own conclusion :)

I'll admit I am curious to see how this will end up !

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users