Jump to content


Changes to Vehicles With Preferential Matchmaking + Notes on Trade-in


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
1086 replies to this topic

Tedsc #961 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 22:00

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 34474 battles
  • 623
  • Member since:
    10-14-2015

View Postcyxd, on Jun 07 2018 - 19:57, said:

UPDATE: Just completed an ingame survey!

 

So utterly disappointing. With this outpouring of dissatisfaction expressed by paying customers, wargaming decided to ask me how i felt about "enhanced premium account types"

 

examples:

  • early access to upcoming premium vehicles.
  • selective bonus application 
  • ability to pause premium acct while on vacation
  • enhanced bonuses for clan membership
  • enhanced bonuses for being in a platoon
  • and still other ways to fleece us...

 

I crapyou not. 

 

I don't mind them exploring new revenue streams.    Here are a few ideas :

 

 - Premium plus - kick up the percentages and kick up the price.  Other games have bronze silver and gold packages.

-low tier premiums - Most premium tanks are too expensive for many people.  They churn out loads of tier 8 tanks, but not much in the $10-20 range like the tier 5 and 6 stuff.  For example I would totally buy a premium KV1  (similar to what they did with the KV2).  We also don't have tier 3-5 premiums user's can buy for Sweden, Cz, Italy, France, or China.  I Like to use my premium tanks for crew training but hate showing up in tier 8 battles with green crews so I still use my low tier premiums for green crews.

- non-bundled reserves.  Just like it sounds like, $5 reserve packs for a dozen 1 hour reserves.  I don't like the bundled reserves because I usually only need one category at a time and the bundled stuff includes a bunch of stuff I don't won't for the money.

 

The premium tank suggestions are all based on the assumption this issue is resolved and we can trust buying premium tanks again.


Edited by Tedsc, Jun 07 2018 - 22:02.


FrankenTank #962 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 23:38

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 28845 battles
  • 16
  • [ROCKY] ROCKY
  • Member since:
    03-18-2011
I used to like the KV5 when I bought it but now its junk.  A last resort to play when I'm short on credits.  I can be top tank on my team and not be able to pen anything.  Just improve the gun please.

DeathDealer627 #963 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 00:51

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 16422 battles
  • 10
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011
I understand how pref MM could skew the matchmaker, but there are many other variables to consider. It's my speculation that when Wargaming release tanks, they balance it according to its own tier, and maybe not the tiers it gets matched with. I understand lower tier tanks shouldn't be able to deal with top tier tanks easily, but most tier 9/10 tanks are so balanced according to tier, they wipe out 8/7s with little effort. Mainly it's armor to pen ratios that skew it. Maybe try giving all tanks +2-1 or just equal tier mm. Maybe make a game mode that has all equal tier mm like Frontline? Maybe preff MM tanks get paired with other pref MM tanks? There's other things to try, and I think Wargaming should try them before dropping the nerf bomb on pref MM tanks. Also, just give us the full refund. These tanks have no real value. It's not like you can go on steam and sell them for money guys, come on. On that note, it would be amazing if Wargaming opened a free market but if they can't give people fair refunds it probably won't ever happen. I have hope though. One day. 

KCM36B2 #964 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 01:11

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 38359 battles
  • 25
  • [W1CKD] W1CKD
  • Member since:
    01-20-2014

View PostDeathDealer627, on Jun 07 2018 - 18:51, said:

I understand how pref MM could skew the matchmaker, but there are many other variables to consider. It's my speculation that when Wargaming release tanks, they balance it according to its own tier, and maybe not the tiers it gets matched with. I understand lower tier tanks shouldn't be able to deal with top tier tanks easily, but most tier 9/10 tanks are so balanced according to tier, they wipe out 8/7s with little effort. Mainly it's armor to pen ratios that skew it. Maybe try giving all tanks +2-1 or just equal tier mm. Maybe make a game mode that has all equal tier mm like Frontline? Maybe preff MM tanks get paired with other pref MM tanks? There's other things to try, and I think Wargaming should try them before dropping the nerf bomb on pref MM tanks. Also, just give us the full refund. These tanks have no real value. It's not like you can go on steam and sell them for money guys, come on. On that note, it would be amazing if Wargaming opened a free market but if they can't give people fair refunds it probably won't ever happen. I have hope though. One day. 

The tier 8 pref MM tanks don't screw the MM.  They make up a minuscule percentage of the tier 8 tanks played.  Since this whole debacle started, a number of players have done an analysis of the tanks played vs tier vs, vs, vs, etc.  and the pref MM tier 8s were less than 2% of tanks in the MM.  The problem is the 3 5 7 MM.  

 



Donny_Do_Not #965 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 02:15

    Private

  • Players
  • 13585 battles
  • 9
  • [TBK] TBK
  • Member since:
    08-05-2011

View Postcyxd, on Jun 07 2018 - 14:57, said:

UPDATE: Just completed an ingame survey!

 

So utterly disappointing. With this outpouring of dissatisfaction expressed by paying customers, wargaming decided to ask me how i felt about "enhanced premium account types"

 

examples:

  • early access to upcoming premium vehicles.
  • selective bonus application 
  • ability to pause premium acct while on vacation
  • enhanced bonuses for clan membership
  • enhanced bonuses for being in a platoon
  • and still other ways to fleece us...

 

I crapyou not. 

 

Thank you for posting... I am not shocked at all.  We are just cows to be milked in their eyes!

 



scottie_ #966 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 10:31

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17019 battles
  • 300
  • Member since:
    04-25-2012
there still isn't a decent premium Soviet LT, which I am just flabbergasted by considering all the MT, HT, TD Soviet premiums they spam.

ShookYang #967 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 16:30

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 9520 battles
  • 1,388
  • [5LINE] 5LINE
  • Member since:
    09-07-2014

View PostKCM36B2, on Jun 07 2018 - 16:11, said:

The problem is the 3 5 7 MM.  

 

I would say that the issue is their increased reliance on the 3/5/7 mm.  When the new mm came out, playing Tier 8 wasn't that bad.  But, they kept on updating the mm to increase the 3/6/7 games, which I think was a huge mistake.

 

On top of that, if you read their posted statement about pref mm, they pretty much confirm that the pref mm tanks are prioritizing finding Tier 9 tanks.



Themuthapak #968 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 20:55

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 5 battles
  • 24
  • Member since:
    02-13-2018
If only more people voted with their wallets.

astorino #969 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 23:05

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 26439 battles
  • 16
  • [1_DIV] 1_DIV
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012

View PostThemuthapak, on Jun 08 2018 - 19:55, said:

If only more people voted with their wallets.

 

I agree with you, and plan to vote with my wallet also.  I don't think we are alone.  Take a look at WG's server statistics.

http://wot-news.com/...rver/us/norm/en

They are not particularly encouraging.



astorino #970 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 23:07

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 26439 battles
  • 16
  • [1_DIV] 1_DIV
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012

View PostThemuthapak, on Jun 08 2018 - 19:55, said:

If only more people voted with their wallets.

 

Sorry, double posted in error.

 



_tube_ #971 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 17:11

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 11976 battles
  • 58
  • [AR-15] AR-15
  • Member since:
    03-10-2011

View Postastorino, on Jun 08 2018 - 22:05, said:

 

I agree with you, and plan to vote with my wallet also.  I don't think we are alone.  Take a look at WG's server statistics.

http://wot-news.com/...rver/us/norm/en

They are not particularly encouraging.

 

Wow. Nifty tool there. 

 

Posted Image



Isola_di_Fano #972 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 21:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 22318 battles
  • 3,740
  • Member since:
    11-05-2012

I think the drop in weekly players from 07 May to 04 June, about 6000 players, is mostly due to the beginning of the summer.

Happens every year



Slugz #973 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 07:08

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19934 battles
  • 22
  • [CARTE] CARTE
  • Member since:
    05-30-2011
Single tier spread match making on ANY game...problem solved.   Don't tell me you don't have the numbers for it...

mishimpanze #974 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 13:15

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 32441 battles
  • 106
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011
.i.

Supra1JZ #975 Posted Jun 11 2018 - 00:10

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22984 battles
  • 21
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostBillT, on Jun 06 2018 - 23:41, said:

 

OK, here's a conspiracy for you.  They're working on WOT 2.0 and they want to make a clean start.  They don't want to be hampered by past mistakes like premium tanks they can't rebalance or entire tech trees they'd rather just eliminate.  And most players already have enough premium tanks in WOT 1.0 that it's hard to sell them a new one, so wiping your accounts clean for 2.0 would mean a lot of cash spent quickly.

 

But they can't just wipe our accounts, because players would rebel.  So they're trying to make it look like WOT is just dying.  Then they announce a shutdown and we all sadly say goodbye to our accounts.  A year later, "Here's a great new video game published by DefinitelyNotWargamingInc, a new company founded by all the executives of that defunct company that brought you WOT.   We were sad when Wargaming Inc mismanaged that product, so we bought the rights, fixed the problems, and we welcome you to create a new account on our game.  Be sure to check out our premium tank packages -- these feature collectible tanks that will never be sold again after we go live!"


No, I don't believe a word of this crap, and even though I'm stating that right here, I'd bet someone's gonna believe it.

 

Yeah, again, I get it. But it's damn hard figuring out why a company would completely ignore their customer base (how not a single person likes this template BS). Then, start working on a massive nerf to pref MM tanks that in no way, shape, or form could they have any doubts that it would immediately piss off every single person with any of those tanks. I am just completely lost with their game plan. Why else would they be making such horrific calls? Could they really be that stupid?They have seen the massive damage this template craphas done...yet they still try to push it as the best MM ever! LOL. Something just doesn't add up...all I am saying.

_tube_ #976 Posted Jun 11 2018 - 01:16

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 11976 battles
  • 58
  • [AR-15] AR-15
  • Member since:
    03-10-2011

I wonder how much money WG is making by selling gold to Tier 8 tankers that are making free xp conversions in order to advance to Tier 10 and avoid the PIA grind. This is why I don't think I'm going to be too optimistic about about a reversal. 

 

 



Tedsc #977 Posted Jun 11 2018 - 02:10

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 34474 battles
  • 623
  • Member since:
    10-14-2015

View Post_tube_, on Jun 11 2018 - 01:16, said:

I wonder how much money WG is making by selling gold to Tier 8 tankers that are making free xp conversions in order to advance to Tier 10 and avoid the PIA grind. This is why I don't think I'm going to be too optimistic about about a reversal. 

 

 

 

With credit boosters and tier 8 premiums you don't need to buy credits to have lots of premium ammo (I don't think).  I would think the recruitment and retention barriers posed by 3/5/7 are more concerning to them from a revenue perspective than hawking credits on occasion.

Tedsc #978 Posted Jun 11 2018 - 02:29

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 34474 battles
  • 623
  • Member since:
    10-14-2015

View Post_tube_, on Jun 11 2018 - 01:16, said:

I wonder how much money WG is making by selling gold to Tier 8 tankers that are making free xp conversions in order to advance to Tier 10 and avoid the PIA grind. This is why I don't think I'm going to be too optimistic about about a reversal. 

 

 

 

Honestly if this were really about the revenue stream they would introduce more PMMs not take them away.  +2 MM is so hated that people will pay real money to effectively play 1.5 down instead of 2 tiers down.  

_tube_ #979 Posted Jun 11 2018 - 03:38

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 11976 battles
  • 58
  • [AR-15] AR-15
  • Member since:
    03-10-2011

View PostTedsc, on Jun 11 2018 - 01:10, said:

 

With credit boosters and tier 8 premiums you don't need to buy credits to have lots of premium ammo (I don't think).  I would think the recruitment and retention barriers posed by 3/5/7 are more concerning to them from a revenue perspective than hawking credits on occasion.

 

I wasn't clear. I was not referring to premium ammunition, colloquially called gold. I was actually referring to gold that is used to convert experience from Elite and Premium vehicles into Free XP, and thereby advancing through Tier 8 and 9 faster.

Edited by _tube_, Jun 11 2018 - 03:38.


justuss #980 Posted Jun 11 2018 - 04:26

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 1311 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    03-20-2013
BS Cabbagepatch. WG SELLS a license, for REAL MONEY to play a pixel tank with certain attributes that comes with purchasing a Premium pixel tank, one of which was PMM. Many paid real world MONEY BECAUSE of that attribute. WG claims that PMM IS the problem with matchmaking, yet of ALL the battles fought, millions in fact, only 1.4 percent had a PMM pixel in it. Now WG wants us to buy that BS, PMM IS the cause of rotten mm. It's SOOOOOoo hard for your mm to balance the teams. BULL. That license gives anyone who PAID for that license the legal right to use that license AS ADVERTISED. That happens to INCLUDE Premium match making. If WG wants to take that particular attribute AWAY, which WAS advertised as a selling point, then those that wish a CASH or other REAL MONEY refund for having it done, then open your checkbook WG. That purchased license has NO expiration date. It is in effect as long as that OWNER chooses. WG SOLD that license. Once sold, it is NO LONGER theirs. Now run off and scramble yet another EULA for NA and any other region you want. I wonder how many would choose a real money refund and once received, then drop WG like the lying, cheating pile of steaming dung it has become?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users