KV5 MM 3/5/7 IS6 E25 Super P Type 59 T-34-3

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

poppavein #61 Posted May 22 2018 - 20:58

Captain

• Players
  • 25299 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

I don’t have a problem with the upgrade plans. But since these upgraded tanks are not the ones we purchased, they should give us a full refund if we desire. 

Especially at the cost of these tier 8 premiums. A $10 tank I could care less. 

Nunya_000 #62 Posted May 22 2018 - 21:12

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostZeedox, on May 22 2018 - 11:52, said:

I'm one of those players too and I DO have a problem with it - It's UNETHICAL

Your concept of what is ethical is not relevant.  From WG's viewpoint, they are doing us a favor and are improving the game (i.e. fixing MM) in the long run.  From what I heard is that they need to remove the tier 8 preferred MM tanks because the MM program has a hard time placing them and dumps them in with a bunch of tier 9's...resulting in low or mid tier more often....something that many players are complaining about.  Whether this is really true or not, I do not know.  I assume  that there is some problem or else they would not go to the expense to remove preferred MM tanks.

_Brew_ #63 Posted May 22 2018 - 21:29

Major

• Players
  • 24004 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

In case nobody saw it in the main feedback thread, CabbageMechanic responded this way

https://thearmoredpatrol.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/cabbage.jpg

They should have let him write the article, because his explanation of the gold surcharge is much better than the article's and probably would have rustled a few less jimmies.

I still think they should overlook any value discrepancy and just eat the loss and let us trade out for equal tier tanks if we want for free, but at least Cabbage was specific about why they did what they did.

awildseaking #64 Posted May 22 2018 - 21:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13337 battles
  • [NEET] NEET

View Post_Brew_, on May 22 2018 - 15:29, said:

In case nobody saw it in the main feedback thread, CabbageMechanic responded this way

They should have let him write the article, because his explanation of the gold surcharge is much better than the article's and probably would have rustled a few less jimmies.

I still think they should overlook any value discrepancy and just eat the loss and let us trade out for equal tier tanks if we want for free, but at least Cabbage was specific about why they did what they did.

Does anyone seriously believe this? They're in damage control mode after one of their worst [edited]ever. There's no way you could confuse surcharge with anything. They didn't even have to mention gold value; "exchange it for another" is more than clear enough.

commander42 #65 Posted May 22 2018 - 21:59

Major

• Players
  • 26837 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P
the unacceptable part is the surcharge crap.  As somebody else used as an example its like being forced to take your car in to the dealership due to their mistake and having to pay to get the replacement vehicle.  Its ridiculous, if WG wants to change pref mm vehicles, I'm alright with it but they should give a free exchange without any of the scummy greedy surcharge stuff.

Nunya_000 #66 Posted May 22 2018 - 23:16

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postcommander42, on May 22 2018 - 12:59, said:

the unacceptable part is the surcharge crap.  As somebody else used as an example its like being forced to take your car in to the dealership due to their mistake and having to pay to get the replacement vehicle.  Its ridiculous, if WG wants to change pref mm vehicles, I'm alright with it but they should give a free exchange without any of the scummy greedy surcharge stuff.

We will be getting a free exchange.  The preferred MM tank we currently own will be replaced for free with a buffed tank that is suppose to be able to compete with tanks +2 tiers higher. 

The surcharge is for those that do not want or like the buffed tank and want another tank in exchange.  If the tank they want is an upgrade, there might be a surcharge....but no more than 2,000 gold.  However, after the outcry, it sounds like WG is rethinking the whole idea on how to handle things.

DaHun #67 Posted May 22 2018 - 23:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20997 battles

View PostSwedishEOD, on May 22 2018 - 13:58, said:

Willing to accept? You make it sound like you have a choice?

You do have a choice, either play WoT or don't.

Rimrender #68 Posted May 22 2018 - 23:25

Captain

• Players
  • 8014 battles
  • [SCARY] SCARY
Why do people keep thinking that we are ever going to come out ahead on this deal. This is WG we are dealing with and no matter what happens, anyone who has a pref MM tank is going to end up paying them at some point over it. They will probably make the rare pref MM(type 59, etc) suck so much that the only real choice is to exchange. 

vanderian #69 Posted May 23 2018 - 08:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 16125 battles
  • [BB-C4] BB-C4
Someone should really talk to a lawyer and see if we could have a case for them reducing the value of things we payed for.

SwedishEOD #70 Posted May 23 2018 - 09:43

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 61180 battles

View PostDaHun, on May 22 2018 - 23:20, said:

You do have a choice, either play WoT or don't.

Yes I know , and that is the only choice you have,like it or not,take it or leave it.......

Whining about this on the forums is not going to accomplish anything, especially here on the NA forums.

While I agree that WG should also include a full refund as an alternative,I doubt they ever will, many of us has pref MM tanks earned by grinding or other missions and never payed a cent for them (if you dont account for time spent that is..) and we cant have people getting free Gold now can we?

24cups #71 Posted May 23 2018 - 14:21

Major

• Players
  • 24430 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

If they offered cash refunds I would think that many players who had left long ago would come back just to reclaim some quick cash. WG will not go that route.
Full gold refund should be acceptable as the only place to spend it is ingame.

Problem is that many got their tanks for free through rewards and missions.  So where do you draw the line  ?

YANKEE137 #72 Posted May 23 2018 - 15:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 13886 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
As far as trade-ins go, most of the premiums are weak or useless too.  Yeah some guys get to swap for a Defender but Defender owners get to swap for what? A CDC?

_Brew_ #73 Posted May 23 2018 - 15:17

Major

• Players
  • 24004 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

View PostYANKEE137, on May 23 2018 - 09:09, said:

As far as trade-ins go, most of the premiums are weak or useless too.  Yeah some guys get to swap for a Defender but Defender owners get to swap for what? A CDC?

Why would you want to get rid of your Defender?

ThePigSheFlies #74 Posted May 23 2018 - 15:24

Major

• Players
  • 74376 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostSwedishEOD, on May 22 2018 - 07:58, said:

Willing to accept? You make it sound like you have a choice?

the only choice one has is to close one's wallet, and/or choose to not participate in the player queues.

I have so far made a point of not purchasing premium shop only tanks such as the long list of recent ones in the past two years including the GF tanks, the Defender, Patriot, SkorpG, etc., etc.  I have also taken lengthy breaks in the past, and 'balance' decisions such as this make it easier to log off or not even log on in the first place.

I have had a fair amount of entertainment from the dollars I have spent in the past on this game.  My personal entertainment return however has definitely ebbed more than flowed in the past few years...  

View Postthe_dude_76, on May 22 2018 - 08:58, said:

So you think you deserve gold compensation because they're going to BUFF your tanks??? This makes sense to you somehow???

increasing frontal armor to levels that are still paper to tier 10s, decreasing side and rear armor, and shoving it into constant tier 10 battles is a buff in your mind?  how long have you been working for wargaming?!  is your alt named murazor?

the_dude_76 #75 Posted May 23 2018 - 15:43

Major

• Players
  • 34030 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostFrostblitz20, on May 22 2018 - 19:54, said:

200mm still gotta hide it even though turret is weak as well and the stats are already posted by WG so it’s not preemptively.

It will be on par with most tier 8 premium heavies. Are you btching because they're not turning it into another Defender??

the_dude_76 #76 Posted May 23 2018 - 15:50

Major

• Players
  • 34030 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Post_Brew_, on May 22 2018 - 20:29, said:

The response right below your post proves that there is nothing they could have done to prevent rampant whining and crying. It happens no matter what they do, or even don't do ironically.

ThePigSheFlies #77 Posted May 23 2018 - 16:04

Major

• Players
  • 74376 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostNunya_000, on May 22 2018 - 17:16, said:

We will be getting a free exchange.  The preferred MM tank we currently own will be replaced for free with a buffed tank that is suppose to be able to compete with tanks +2 tiers higher. 

The surcharge is for those that do not want or like the buffed tank and want another tank in exchange.  If the tank they want is an upgrade, there might be a surcharge....but no more than 2,000 gold.  However, after the outcry, it sounds like WG is rethinking the whole idea on how to handle things.

they'd be trading a tier 8 heavy in for some other tank.  if things are properly balanced how could one construe it to be a question about whether a traded tank would be an "upgrade" ?  if they feel that the 'adjusted kv5' is relevant at tier 8, then it should be interchangeable at par value with any tier 8 premium heavy tank, regardless of the gold value of the respective tanks.

aside from that, what if someone already has all of the other tanks?

a big issue here is that computer programs/modules (like the matchmaker) can be programmed to deal with the issue and leave pref mm tanks in place.  however, based on past moneygrab practices of this company, most of us see this announcement as a thinly veiled attempt to take an 'easy way out' on a problem they created while at the same time trying to grab more gold from the players.  

what I see is a company that has repeatedly lost the good will of their customer base, and a continued theme of continuing to mishandle basic CSR/PR.  whether it's through incompetence, not involving their customer base, or basic and pure greed/apathy is irrelevant because apparently it hasn't cost them on their bottom line enough for them to change their culture.

commander42 #78 Posted May 23 2018 - 17:52

Major

• Players
  • 26837 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostNunya_000, on May 22 2018 - 17:16, said:

its not a free exchange, you are forced to accept whatever they adjust on what was previously a pref mm vehicle and then as you said there is a surcharge if somebody doesn't like what WG forced upon them and want something else.  Who is to determine if its an upgrade? using the old gold values(you can bet WG will be charging more after the buffs for it) and the full gold value on the exchange list vehicles?

There SHOULD be massive outcry over WG charging people for THEIR MISTAKE.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users