Battlefield 5

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Scinfaxi #1 Posted May 24 2018 - 00:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8178 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

Today was a big day when the developers of the Battlefield series revealed their latest creation, Battlefield 5! Going back to their roots, they put this game in a WW2 setting and with it comes all the weapons, vehicles and mayhem of that time. In this post, I will only talk about the tanks seen in the trailer and released images. I will also post them below for your viewing pleasure.

In BF5, tanks will be separated into multiple categories. The first is a armored transport or APC vehicle. This will have either wheels, tracks or both to move infantry and provide fire support. The next are light tanks. In the trailer and images, we can see a British Valentine along with infantry, but its also towing an anti-aircraft gun. Oh did I forget to mention that ground vehicles in the game can tow certain trailer mounted weapons and support equipment? Well they can. The next category is the medium tank. Like here, they will be a jack of all trades tank. Next is a heavy tank category. Like the medium, these will be your heavily armored and gunned assault tanks for fighting other tanks and spearheading flanks and routes. Now the next category(s) are unconfirmed so im going off what I see.  I think there will be two or three more. The first is anti-tank vehicles or tank destroyers. in the trailer, a Churchill GC can be seen. The next category could be artillery. This is because a Hummel was seen in some concept art, but that could easily be used as a tank destroyer. But in the trailer at the 1:30 mark, you can clearly see a Sturmtiger which supports my artillery theory. Lastly is anti-aircraft vehicles. now this could be combined with another previous category so I just putting it out there. All the vehicles in the game will also be highly customizable. Whether you want your tank to roll in style with many esthetic features, or upgrade it's weapons system to fit your role. Each tank will look slightly different depending whos commanding it. Don't forget to stock our tank with your squad of capable crew members too.

Here's a list of confirmed tanks and other ground vehicles you can use so far. https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/weapons-vehicles-gadgets-reinforcements-list-battlefield-5

British:

• T17E1 Staghound
  • Valentine AA Mk. 1
  • Valentine Mk. 8
  • Churchill Mk. 7
  • Churchill GC
  • Churchill Crocodile
  • Archer Tank Destroyer
  • Universal Carrier
  • M3 Halftrack
  • T48 GMC 6 pdr AT Halftrack

German:

• Volkswagen Kübelwagen
  • Volkswagen Schwimmwagen
  • Sonderkraftfahrzeug 251 Halftrack
  • Sonderkraftfahrzeug 251 Pakwagen
  • Panzer 38(t)
  • Panzer IV Ausf. F1 & F2
  • Sturmgeschütz IV
  • Flakpanzer IV
  • Tiger 1
  • Sturmtiger
  • Kettenkrad Sdfz 2 tracked motorcycle

Now the following is a list of unconfirmed vehicles. basically some players can data mine a game and find out content that's hidden in the code that will be revealed later. So the following items im about to share were data mined but aren't confirmed by the devs yet and are subject to change. once they are confirmed, i'll change their status then add them to the above list once in game.

USA:

• Staff car: unknown make and model (unconfirmed)
  • Ford GPW Jeep (Unconfirmed)
  • ​​M4A3 Sherman (Unconfirmed)
  • Landing Vehicle Tracked: LVT (unconfirmed)

Japan:

• Scout car: unknown make and model (Unconfirmed)
  • Type 97 Chi-Ha (Unconfirmed)
  • Type 3 Chi-Nu (Unconfirmed)
  • Type 2 Ka-Mi Amphibious tank (unconfirmed)

I hope you are as excited as I am to try this game out and take the wheel of these tanks in all out warfare.

rendition1.img.jpgrendition2.img.jpgbattlefield_5_reveal_06-231x130.jpgmaxresdefault2.jpg2FB292D731898F5B84DE11558B7BAEFB1CDBD3D4.jpg

Edited by Scinfaxi, Apr 11 2019 - 02:49.

Everlasting_Chungus #2 Posted May 24 2018 - 00:59

Major

• Players
  • 33322 battles
  • [KANT0] KANT0
I can't decide which is more of a train wreck, that trailer, or the comment section for it

Buttknuckle #3 Posted May 24 2018 - 01:16

Major

• Players
  • 50890 battles
  • [-RECK] -RECK
I have a hard time imagining it will ever be as good as BF1942. Adding more "stuff" (vehicles, weapons, classes, levels, etc.) doesnt necessairly make a game more fun.

Christojojo #4 Posted May 24 2018 - 01:31

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34591 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP
I would love to play abf game that didnt make every tank paper thin. The game usually listens to the whiners and subsequently ruins the armor section making them useless to play. That being said. I hope it works out I did love playing BF ONE.

Cerbium #5 Posted May 24 2018 - 01:40

Captain

• Players
  • 19370 battles
the game looks like trash, what a shame.

Silversound #6 Posted May 24 2018 - 01:50

Major

• Players
  • 39324 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

I used to be addicted to the Battlefield series.

Now I wouldn't touch anything they put out.

After WoT, all of the run and gun (Unreal Tournament style) FPS games, just don't appeal.

...that trailer gave me motion sickness.

RoIito #7 Posted May 24 2018 - 02:05

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16787 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_
Please give us the supersonic Churchills that Battlefield 5 has.

moogleslam #8 Posted May 24 2018 - 02:08

Major

• Players
  • 45600 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS
I was really impressed with the trailer.  For those that don't like it, why?

Wouldyoulookatthetime #9 Posted May 24 2018 - 04:05

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8331 battles
  • [MUTT] MUTT

I think this can be summed up in 2 words.

sensory overload

MapleOne #10 Posted May 24 2018 - 05:38

Major

• Players
  • 26561 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostGravtech, on May 24 2018 - 00:59, said:

I can't decide which is more of a train wreck, that trailer, or the comment section for it

yeah, sure does look like a steaming pile of crap....

Worland #11 Posted May 24 2018 - 14:54

Major

• Players
  • 16766 battles
My kids were watching all kinds of streamers about it yesterday. This trailer makes it look like a cluttered disaster, trying to get every vehicle into one shoot.

What the kids were looking at last night appeared a lot better. Story seems to be geared towards the Brit SOE.

Cognitive_Dissonance #12 Posted May 24 2018 - 15:01

Major

• Players
  • 40641 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

View Postmoogleslam, on May 23 2018 - 19:08, said:

Yeah, me too. Growing on up full on twitch games, I didn't find it overwhelming at all. I am guessing some WoT folks will have trouble with it . . . I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, pun intended.

Scinfaxi #13 Posted May 25 2018 - 03:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8178 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

Just thought i'd make a simple update from more research, I found out that not only can you customize the look of your tank, but perhaps even its variant. In the trailer, we actually see 4 variants of the Churchill being used in the game. There is the Churchill Mk. 7 seen at the very beginning of the trailer of the crew jumping out. Then we see a Churchill GC and a Churchill AVRE outside the window. Briefly towards the end we see a Churchill Mk.3 for a fraction of a second. The valentine seen towing the trailer also appears to be the Mk.9 variant by the gun its carrying. So it appears you can choose what variant of a tank you would like to use. But just a theory. 

PS- on a side note everyone, I just made this thread for fun to talk about tanks in another game. Im not trying to sell the game or give my opinion on the game overall, just trying to share some fun information on what everyone here loves, giant metal killing machines.

Scinfaxi #14 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 01:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8178 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH
Another small update on the game about the vehicles. So in the game while playing multiplayer, you and other in your squad will earn "Squad Points" for completing certain actions, like capturing a base, getting kills, healing, etc... As those points add up, your Squad Leader can use them to get certain perks in game. One such perk is a special vehicle reinforcement. When the leader uses the points on tis, your squad will be given a special vehicles to use in game until its destroyed or the game ends. Two such vehicles were mentioned as a special reinforcement vehicle, the above mention Sturmtiger, and a Churchill Crocodile Flamethrower tank. Other nations will have their own special vehicles as well, but these are the two confirmed ones so far. I've also updated the list in the original post to include other vehicles besides tanks, just all ground vehicles in general that will have some type of combat capability. More updates will soon come.

Edselman #15 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 03:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [WW1] WW1

View Postmoogleslam, on May 23 2018 - 20:08, said:

Don't know for sure but I'm confident that historical inaccuracy has a lot to do with it. 

Scinfaxi #16 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 22:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8178 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

With the Start of E3 this weekend, of course we got some more news and footage of the upcoming Battlefield V. With a new trailer, and actual in-game recordings from popular YouTubers, we can finally see how this game might look, play and feel at launch. Of course its still in the pre-alpha stage so many things can still change. Below are two videos, the first is the Multiplayer Reveal Trailer highlighting some certain events that could unfold during a game. The second video is a Youtuber who got early access and will talk about the Vehicle combat and mechanics. No new vehicles were discovered as of yet but not saying we won't see more soon. Enjoy!

Edited by Scinfaxi, Jun 09 2018 - 22:22.

Scinfaxi #17 Posted Oct 02 2018 - 20:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8178 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

Battlefield V is just under 2 months away from release. With the Beta's over with, the developers are fine tuning the game for its November 20th release. Along the way, they have released several articles going over what to expect at launch. one such article is a complete list of weapons, gadgets and vehicles to start off, with more on the way in later updates. The first wave will be British and German exclusive until the other nations are added. 

In Battlefield V, Legendary World War 2 vehicles are waiting for eager players to get behind the wheels or man the cockpits. You can look forward to authentic tanks, halftracks, fighters, bombers, and other vehicles from the era that will let you get around and bring terror to the fighting grounds.

Your arsenal may be powerful, but vehicles don’t make you invincible; watch out for Assault enemies and make sure to bring both ammo and wit when attacking. Study the list above and find your favorite ride.

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/weapons-vehicles-gadgets-reinforcements-list-battlefield-5

Scinfaxi #18 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 22:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8178 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

Just a small update. A new update for BFV is coming out later this week and its bringing two new tanks to the game, the Archer Tank Destroyer for the UK and the StuG IV for the Germans. Unknown what options will be for them yet, but it should add more versatility to the game.

Edited by Scinfaxi, Jan 21 2019 - 04:10.

Scinfaxi #19 Posted Mar 21 2019 - 20:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8178 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

So just a minor update. But if you haven't heard, Battlefield V is releasing their own Battle Royale mode called Firestorm, and in typical Battlefield fashion, it will still retain its legendary destruction and vehicle gameplay. Speaking of vehicles, some new ones will be added to the game but mainly just for transportation, such as a prototype Flettner Kolibri helicopter, a farm tractor and some other cars and trucks. But the only one worth mentioning in here is a VW Schimmwagen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Schwimmwagen. This is a amphibious transport vehicle and in game be able to transport 4 players and has one mounted MG on the front passenger's side. You can see more of it in the trailer below.

FrozenKemp #20 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 13:27

Major

• Players
  • 52514 battles

Just had a look at the video from January with the Archer (1) in ridiculous camouflage and (2) driving forwards at more than 1 mph and (3) while firing.  And they got the model wrong.  It looks like they took their existing Valentine model and just stuck the Archer compartment on top of it without checking if that was accurate or not. 

Anyone know what a "Valentine AA" is even supposed to be? 

Edited by FrozenKemp, Mar 22 2019 - 13:27.

Also tagged with Battlefield 5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users