[CT] Update 1.0.2

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Joe717MarksmN #21 Posted May 25 2018 - 23:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24365 battles
  • [74TH] 74TH
Joe717THEMARKSMn Also I am an officer in a clan not a corporal. Anyone got any info on the 2 tanks or how they fee.

Talon555 #22 Posted May 26 2018 - 01:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 4676 battles

View PostKirito_San_SAO, on May 25 2018 - 22:27, said:

The amount of stupid in this post is just astounding....

lmbo, guess the troll about op tanks got you. The bottom line is this..dont always nerf, try to find better solutions, like don't release a tank that causes these problems. I believe that nerfs kill games, especially mmo's. The game is free, that's the bottom line. If you spend money here or any other free mmo its at your risk. The developer owns the game and can do what he wants at anytime.

These Forums are for feedback, BAD and GOOD. Try to balance it, don't hammer and troll mercilessly, you may find that they will actually listen and make some adjustments that the Forums try to

lead the developer towards. Tbh, its wishful thinking now since our NA server doesn't really matter in the big picture. Look at the feedback on Russian and euro server, its a lot more balanced and the population 10-fold of ours.

Edited by Talon555, May 26 2018 - 01:12.

iDestroya #23 Posted May 26 2018 - 01:15

Captain

• Players
  • 53145 battles
  • [LMAO] LMAO

View PostJoe717MarksmN, on May 25 2018 - 17:53, said:

I have been waiting a long time for these two Soviet tanks. My nickname is JOE717THEMARKSMn. I read that I wont have to research the tanks. The two Soviets.I kept checking and checking. I would rather have my tanks for free.

lmbo

get on the test server and see if they're free. 

anonym_PiiEmXMhZkGb #24 Posted May 26 2018 - 02:04

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

The AP penetration on the Obj. 777 is a little bit high, should be like 258. APCR  should be 340.

Top speed should be 52 KM/h and the gun sound doesn't match with the caliber.

Armor is OK.

facilegoose #25 Posted May 26 2018 - 02:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14520 battles

Bootcamp

IF YOU DO NOT SELECT A SKILL (which forces 6th sense, or Camoflauge) YOU LOSE THE 100% TRAINED CREW THEREAFTER

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE FOR NEWCOMERS, FIX IT. 

Woo67 #26 Posted May 26 2018 - 02:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1493 battles
How about making something where if the player wants they can play a match with only the tier they have? all tier 8s or all tier 9s. i will catch crapfrom saying this but is what it is. SOME not all the players taking about being bottom tier and that it is stupid are the same players that want to be top tier so they can kill all that bottom tier! just my opinion. 

sailorboy7982 #27 Posted May 26 2018 - 04:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20529 battles
  • [STB1] STB1
Really, more Russian tanks? Come on, how about the other countries. Every new patch there are more USSR tanks. :angry:

Avalon304 #28 Posted May 26 2018 - 09:46

Major

• Players
  • 20375 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View Postsailorboy7982, on May 25 2018 - 20:25, said:

Really, more Russian tanks? Come on, how about the other countries. Every new patch there are more USSR tanks. :angry:

We've known these tanks were coming for two patches. They had been planned for a while and finish off two lines that currently dont have tier 10s at all.

~~~

The Obj. 277 is super fun to play... but it may need a HP/ton nerf and maybe a slight gun handling nerf (aim time, and turret traverse dispersion)... because right now its a bit over tuned. I like the speed, and I like the gun and I like the armor... but having all 3 isnt a good idea... as we have already seen (see also Obj. 268 v4). But I cant wait for this tank... especially if it stays as it currently is.

64sherman #29 Posted May 26 2018 - 17:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26333 battles
  • [MOZZY] MOZZY
Who's bright idea was it to nerf the 430 II?  What happened to interesting and dynamic gameplay?  Serisously.  STOP making every single tank in the line an exact clone of the one before it.  It's OKAY and even BETTER to have some variety of gameplay.  The thing that makes the Object 430II awesome it it's side armor and turret armor.  It's the best brawling tank I own.  Why do you people feel it is important to ruin everything you touch?  The "K-91" which is actually a K-91-1 hull with the turret placement of the K-91-2 (nice fan fiction) and it's complete garbage.  If I wanted an irrelevant gutless sniping tank I'd take out the E 50M or go play a clicker.  Seriously.  Give us the 277, it looks great, but you need to take the medium line straight back to the drawing board.  You would be better off making the "K-91" (inaccurate K-91-2 but i digress) a tier 9 and making the Object 430 II a tier 10.  It has more than enough armor to be a tier 10.  Buff the hitpoint pool and give it premium ammo as standard and you've got an instant, albeit lazily done, tier 10 that a LOT of people would enjoy.  I feel like wargaming is purposefully trying to ruin tier 9s so that we are forced to either go waste money at tier 10, or get totally wrecked by tier 10s at tier 8.  Policies like this are why I haven't spent a dime on the game since last christmas.  You people need to ASK the players what they want before you go off behind our backs and start "fixing" things that aren't broken.  I am not a happy camper.  

Edited by 64sherman, May 26 2018 - 17:18.

64sherman #30 Posted May 26 2018 - 17:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26333 battles
  • [MOZZY] MOZZY

View Postsailorboy7982, on May 25 2018 - 21:25, said:

We literally just got an entire new tech tree and you people are still complaining about Russian tanks.  You people will never be satisfied.  The fact of the matter is that Russia was a communist country, and a massive one at that, as such it was a bureaucratic nightmare in which there were a LOT of different tank plans and projects.  The reason there are more russian tanks in game, is because there were more russian tanks in reality.  There's still a multi-gun/turret heavy line to be added, and turreted tank destroyers.  The Russian tech tree is only about 70% full.  There are literally a dozen different projects for the KV-4 alone, each of which could make a stand alone premium candidate.  You haven't even begun to see russian bias.  

Blothorn313 #31 Posted May 26 2018 - 17:53

Private

• -Players-
  • 7429 battles
  • [56K] 56K

Things I've tested so far:

1. K-91 is nothing but a sniper and that doesn't feel good if you compare its tier 9 playstyle. But its gun is quite good. Maybe add some turret armor.

2. The new map is fantastic! I love it and once I learn to play it more, it's gonna be even more likely to me. But you should fix Province (OMG that is quite a bad map. Did you think about super heavies playing it? That map is made for everithing but not for heavies.

Now, I have to say that I love french tanks cause I came here from WoT Blitz and...:

3. I've tested AMX M4 54 and it needs serious buffs because it lacks with HP points, can't do sidescraping, it has -8 of gun depression, not -10 so hull down is dangerous too. It's just so average and some people call it the worst tier 10 heavy. So:

Please, if this tank's strength is frontal armor, you should at least add 30 mm more of frontal armor (I'm talking about the lower plate) because ALL heavies and MOST of the soviet (and other nations) mediums can pen the lower plate with STANDARD ammunition. Maybe a lower plate as similar as the Pz.Kpfw. VII one would match very well.  Also, hull and turret cheeks are so weak and you know that in a real battle you just can't hold a frontal position against everyone. Give it something special to this tank because it is good but it is so dependant of other heavies or other support. Make it less dependant of others.

4. AMX 30 B's turret needs to be removed that tumour.

French and German tanks need some love, not only soviet ones, boys.

That's all for now. Love this game.

Edited by Blothorn313, May 26 2018 - 18:15.

stantdill #32 Posted May 26 2018 - 23:47

Private

• Players
  • 19232 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

The k-91 is a bit of a letdown, it doesn't feel mobile enough, my lowe has a better power to weight ratio. The armor is worse than the 430 II, yet it is still slower.

And the play style is not all the great either coming from the 430 II.

Woo67 #33 Posted May 27 2018 - 18:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1493 battles
you also need to give the middle tier plays something too. Everything is always for tier 10 and if the middle tier players read threads like this one would you want to grind to tier 10? i am not saying players in the higher tiers didn't earn what WG gives them cause they did. there are players at tier 5 and up that spend money too and after the KV-5 bull i wouldn't spend and more money either. the the 277 is a little OP but great tank the K-91 is crap but i put most of that on me it don't fit my playing style.  just my opinion

Cmdr_Adama_BSG75 #34 Posted May 28 2018 - 03:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35995 battles
  • [GST] GST
OK, I just read thru the update article. I see something that makes no sense to me. The Russian tech tree. Shouldn't the Obj. 277 follow the Obj.257, and the IS-7 follow the T10?

XxWardog911xX #35 Posted May 28 2018 - 05:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 16238 battles
  • [_AKA_] _AKA_
I know this is probably not the correct place to post this but well ya....Please keep the Frontline Game mode it is awesome :)  the most fun I've had playing WOT in years. Frontline just seems like it is how Wot should truly be played large teams large maps, respawns its just awesome.   only two complaints more time should be given upon capturing and objective, and time should be added upon destruction of a main objective.  2nd complaint is that the limit of tanks on each flank needs to be reduced, have had several matches where two flanks reach the maximum allowed players and you are forced to spawn on the remaining flank with maybe like 4 team mates and it just becomes a spawn trap. other than that I love frontline.

Mikosah #36 Posted May 28 2018 - 15:32

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

The situation with the 430v2 and K-91 is awkward. Clearly the intention was to carry on the 416's playstyle, but a major part the 416's appeal is in getting such a powerful HEAT shell for its tier. Since the 430v2 and K-91 both fire the very same shell, without a profitability advantage there's little reason to up-tier if you can have this same advantage one or even two whole tiers lower. Also, why wasn't the A-44 reworked? It would have actually stood to benefit from better gun handling.

My recommendation for the 430v2 is to make its default shell high-velocity APCR with roughly 240 pen. This would make the HEAT less necessary and the sniping playstyle more practical. Compared to something like an E50, remember that the new version of the 430v2 no longer has any armor advantage and is still limited by the poor gun depression and restricted turret traverse.

And as for the K-91, take a lesson from the Leopard 1. A medium whose only niche is sniping is no more flexible than an undergunned TD. The solution is to buff movement dispersion to allow some dynamic play as well. (And also do the same for the Leo before it dies of neglect)

GeorgePreddy #37 Posted May 28 2018 - 15:38

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles

View PostBBlinker, on May 25 2018 - 14:05, said:

I am an older player with a much slower reaction time than most of the younger folk that play this game. I suck at tanks, but I just love this game to pieces. I keep looking forward to at least just one premium SPG being introduced  in this game. Is there any chance at all this is going to happen? Ever? 

There are 2 premium arties in the game now, but neither has been sold for quite a while, and for many good reasons.

Also, according to scientific testing, age alone affects reaction times / reflexes very little until around 80 years of age. So, if you're in normal health for your age and under 80, kids having better reflexes is just a cop out. (I am around 70 myself)

Sisterhood_of_Steel #38 Posted May 28 2018 - 17:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 26001 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
Since this discussion is focusing on the new update I would like to recommend a app developed by WG that will convert your WOTReplay system into MP4 or AVI so we can keep certain replays we could then play them anytime without having to keep older versions of WOT.  Or another thought is work with a conversion APP already on the market, getting them to add it to their app?

Edited by Sisterhood_of_Steel, May 28 2018 - 17:48.

Sisterhood_of_Steel #39 Posted May 28 2018 - 18:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 26001 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostGeorgePreddy, on May 28 2018 - 09:38, said:

There are 2 premium arties in the game now, but neither has been sold for quite a while, and for many good reasons.

Also, according to scientific testing, age alone affects reaction times / reflexes very little until around 80 years of age. So, if you're in normal health for your age and under 80, kids having better reflexes is just a cop out. (I am around 70 myself)

Really, I would not trust a "Scientific Study" if my life depended on it.  I am 68, colorblind, on medication for heart disease so i take a Calcium blockers and I am diabetic on insulin, i can tell you that study is BS, my reaction times are slower to a teen or for that matter a 20 year old.  Here is a test go take your mom or dad out to a batting cage and try to hit a fastball at 80 or 70 or 60 and 50 mph. I use to be able to hit a 70 and 80 mph with ease when i was much younger and playing in a "fast pitch softball league" with other women. I can't hit a pitch at 60 anymore, my reaction time has slowed. I use to play forward in a 5 team volleyball but my reaction times have slowed due to age and cannot react to a spike. Don't believe all those "studies" are right.

HBO Sports did a study right on a baseball field, participants sat behind a Plexiglas shield just beyond 3rd base while a pitching machine fired a fastball at 90 mph. Not one person reacted to it in time to catch it, at any age!  Here is another study get into a ring with a boxer and when you are 50 plus you will get your butt handed to you. My adopted daughter who is 20 kicks my behind when we play against each other :)  

Edited by Sisterhood_of_Steel, May 28 2018 - 18:10.

TboneOathKeeper #40 Posted May 28 2018 - 19:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 23938 battles
  • [CA_QC] CA_QC

Dear Gnomon ,

I have tested for about a week now and here are my Results:

1) Object 277 -  This Tank is maybe the Best Noob friendly tank in game.  Too me it's way to fast for a Heavy with that much of a Bite on it.  Armor is strong enough to forgive a mistake or two. But this Tank should not be Faster then Med. Tanks or light tanks. I was caught by a obj277 while I was in the new K-91.  It was a nightmare , I could not out run him , could not hurt him enough to stop him .  All I could do was EAT IT.  Some changes need to be made.

2) K-91 -  This Tank has to be the weirdest tank in the Tier 10 bunch.  First of all , it is NOT a sniper Tank.  It can't be a up front Tank because of no armor.  The speed of this Tank is way to slow. This Tank needs speed to stay alive. Rear mounted tanks better have Armor or a Gun from Hell.  This Tank has neither , on top of that this Tank will become the most unused tank because of that. Rear mounted Tanks are not like other Tanks and need to be played differently then other common tanks. So, in the end....Tank needs more speed and a Gun that can hurt Heavy's because it will never out run them.

3) CUSTOMIZATION -  As a colorblind Player I love this...…..the more you can do to give us CONTRAST the better....more please.  Also , if you really want to help colorblind players , please make your colorblind option work.  As it sits now , I still have trouble finding targets and putting my crosshairs on target.  Try making one line BLACK with options to thicken or make thinner. Then right next to black line add a , White Glowing line with same adjustable settings. Contrast is what we need to see. NO COLOR will ever work , only contrast will.

4)"Bootcamp" -  this was needed ten years ago. You can count this one as a "like". Good job....WOT

5) Klondike map -  I played for over a week.  Hundreds of games and to my Surprise I only got this map "ONCE"......yes that's right. Once.  Come on guys , stop with the madness .

Make Map selection a option and call it a day. So players can learn maps better that way and move on to the next map when THEY want to.  OR , allow players more time on new maps.

Thank you and God Bless you and your Family.

TboneOathKeeper

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users