ifti91901 #1 Posted May 26 2018 - 00:15

Private

• Players
  • 35307 battles
  • [T1TAN] T1TAN

Hello all, 

Over a year ago I started a forum thread about this issue: 

http://forum.worldof...e-back/#topmost

Since then, it has received over 20 replies and has been labeled as a "Hot" topic on the forums. All of the people who responded agree with what I said and demanded the Wargaming do something about it. 

Here's the general message I'm trying to get across:

• The game is dying. It seems every month you release some new tank that is far better than the last, and the original tanks are all being power-crept. It is no longer fun to play random battles, due in part to the large flow of 11-year-olds who honestly should stick to Fortnight or something.
  • My clan mates and friends have basically stopped playing. My community and many others are centered around tournaments (or should I say "were"?). Getting together as a team and making battle plans is now a thing of the past.
  • There is pretty much no way for free-to-play players to get gold anymore. Tournaments were my main source of gold. My other sources were gifts from others and getting a chance to kill a "Sheriff" player. In my over 30k battles and almost 7 years of playing (since my old account ifti2001), I have only been able to kill Sheriff players 3 or so times, and it is not very common for someone to just go around giving you gifts. Therefore, the only real way of getting gold is buying it or getting a premium tank that you already own. Tank Rewards has been on "hiatus" for 4 months. I'm beginning to think it is not coming back, so there goes that source of gold. 
  • The fact that the tournaments page on the main website still exists, and that there are articles from 2016 on there, is just a huge insult to us. At least remove it if you are not going to have any more tournaments. 
  • Every now and then, there is a huge tournament that lasts for a week or in some cases even longer. There are also Clan Wars. What you don't seem to realize is that SOME PEOPLE HAVE LIVES AND THUS CANNOT COMMIT TO SUCH LONG EVENTS. The quick tournaments lasted no longer than one and a half hours (1:30:00), so I could just complete one and get some gold on the side, then go ahead and do whatever I need to. 

My forum post linked above was posted over a year ago. Wargaming still has not responded. 

So dear WG, if you have any respect for us, you will at least answer to this forum or one of the others written under the Community Tournaments section. Make a video. Hire someone to continue tournaments. You will one day realize, perhaps too soon, that all the players that are worth anything besides monetary income will leave your game in search of one that actually pays attention to its community. This problem reaches far past just tournaments, but that is a thread that I will start under another topic.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by ifti91901, May 26 2018 - 00:16.

BigDollarBillz #2 Posted May 26 2018 - 01:21

Major

• Players
  • 36927 battles
  • [NEON_] NEON_
<<< Can't afford gold but doesn't demand wargaming to give me tournaments or any other way to get free gold. By the way they have said tournaments will be coming back.

GeorgePreddy #3 Posted May 26 2018 - 05:31

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View Postifti91901, on May 25 2018 - 20:15, said:

Here's the general message I'm trying to get across:
  • The game is dying.   ...due in part to the large flow of 11-year-olds who honestly should stick to Fortnight
  • The game is NOT "dying"... it has simply settled into middle age and has a stable population.  WG cannot keep 11-year-olds from playing.

• My clan mates and friends have basically stopped playing.  Mine are all still playing and enjoying the game.

• There is pretty much no way for free-to-play players to get gold anymore. WG has realized that making gold too easy for freeloaders to get for free was costing them money.

• The fact that the tournaments page on the main website still exists, and that there are articles from 2016 on there, is just a huge insult to us. At least remove it if you are not going to have any more tournaments. 

Salutations From Texas + FAQ

Started by CabbageMechanic

Are Tournaments ever coming back?

I never wanted to stop doing Tournaments, but circumstances beyond my control forced our hand.  I am now happy to state that we are working on the return of tournaments and will have more details soon™.  Expect some changes to structure and prizing (to me this means you should not expect large gold prizes), and we will start slow to give our team time to learn how to properly manage the system.

Hey folks,

We're still working on the return of tournaments.  I have some more red tape to cut through but if everything goes right we'll have a proper announcement by the end of the week.

CM

Edited by CabbageMechanic, 5/2/18, 05:47 PM.

ifti91901 #4 Posted May 26 2018 - 08:33

Private

• Players
  • 35307 battles
  • [T1TAN] T1TAN

View PostGeorgePreddy, on May 25 2018 - 23:31, said:

Finally some information 

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

Also tagged with tournaments, 3v3, 1v1, 5v5, 7v7, gold, fun, good times

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users