Clan Wars Window Redesign?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ferdinand910 #1 Posted May 29 2018 - 02:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28374 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

So during this campaign I have started to notice that the Clan Wars Battle Window is somewhat poorly laid out in my opinion. I feel if Wargaming could make a few tweaks to this window it would be a heck of a lot more efficient and just more tidy in general.

The First place I will start is with the Player Selection Queue, I feel that Wargaming could make this window a lot bigger and this is where my main gripe is with the Clan wars window. When you have a relatively active clan, scrolling through 30-40+ players to try and pick tanks can be very tedious and can sometimes cause issues with people not getting picked. The only solution to this would be to condense the 2 upper parts (Highlighted in Yellow in linked photo) of the Clan Wars battle window into a smaller area (Since it is mostly irrelevant information anyway) to allow for more space for this extended player queue.

It would also be nice if Wargaming would add the feature of telling you what side of the map you are going to be playing on. This would just simplify any officers life vs. having to go to the global map and physically check it. It would also be helpful for people who have weaker computers and cant keep anything but WoT open during these important times.

Another small point I would like to add is with the chat window. When people are readying up and down tanks in queue, there honestly shouldn't even be a notification in chat for this because it doesn't really matter what goes on in queue. There should only be notifications for people that leave/close the battle window and people that ready up and down in queue. This would neutralize a lot of the spam in chat and would help with important things not getting buried in the senseless spam like attendance codes, StratSketch/WotTactic links and general banter.

If anyone has anything they would like to add i would love to hear it because im pretty sure the things listed above have bothered other people at one point as well...

https://imgur.com/a/z8kr62a <- CW Window Photo

Edited by Ferdinand910, May 29 2018 - 02:28.

Slone #2 Posted May 29 2018 - 05:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18468 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostFerdinand910, on May 28 2018 - 20:27, said:

It would also be nice if Wargaming would add the feature of telling you what side of the map you are going to be playing on. 

It already tells you that. If you're on the left side of the combatants list at the top, you're on side 1. If you're on the right side, you're on side 2. So in the screenshot you linked, Wonka is playing on side 2.

Bomber2994 #3 Posted May 29 2018 - 09:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22163 battles
  • [RS] RS

The only solution to this would be to condense the 2 upper parts (Highlighted in Yellow in linked photo) of the Clan Wars battle window into a smaller area (Since it is mostly irrelevant information anyway) to allow for more space for this extended player queue.

Most of the stuff in that yellow is indeed useless. I see no need for it to be such large font and have so much vertical space between the different lines.

It would also be nice if Wargaming would add the feature of telling you what side of the map you are going to be playing on. This would just simplify any officers life vs. having to go to the global map and physically check it. 

Slone already answered this above, but if your name is on the left/named first you are side 1 (green on stratsketch) and if it is on the right/named second you are side 2 (red on stratsketch)

Another small point I would like to add is with the chat window. When people are readying up and down tanks in queue, there honestly shouldn't even be a notification in chat for this because it doesn't really matter what goes on in queue.

I agree with this. It is pointless to know if someone readied/unreadied their tank

Something I would appreciate them adding is the ability for Combat Officers, Executive Officers, and the Commander to move the order of players once they have been moved into the battle. Being able to line up all the S. Conq's, Type 5's, 268v4's, etc would make it easier for the caller to get the lineup he wants. There have been too many instances where I've gone into battle and found out that the wrong line up was brought.

StainlessRat #4 Posted May 29 2018 - 13:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 32419 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Something I would appreciate them adding is the ability for Combat Officers, Executive Officers, and the Commander to move the order of players once they have been moved into the battle. Being able to line up all the S. Conq's, Type 5's, 268v4's, etc would make it easier for the caller to get the lineup he wants. There have been too many instances where I've gone into battle and found out that the wrong line up was brought.

1000 times this. 

RenamedUser_1023665662 #5 Posted May 30 2018 - 22:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3857 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5
Lol get gud and maybe u would be picked more

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users