Major

• -Players-
  • 2426 battles

24_inch_pythons #2 Posted May 30 2018 - 15:09

Major

• Players
  • 29518 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
According to Wargaming, believe them or don't... It has nothing to do with the % of games played. It has to do with the Pref tanks causing the MM to work differently than Wargaming wants because pref MM tanks make the queue time longer which then causes the MM to use different algorithms than the ones Wargaming wants it to use.

Knagar #3 Posted May 30 2018 - 15:12

Captain

• Players
  • 22183 battles
Even Jingles is on the asinine train, just following lemmings with fake news and misinformation that he got from the Kellerman cretin.

RedBaronK #4 Posted May 30 2018 - 15:14

Major

• Players
  • 41347 battles
  • [MAIDS] MAIDS
1.4 percent of tier 8 OWNED, or played? Because if it's played, well a lot of people gave up playing 8s after 3-5-7 went live and turned tier 8 into hell. 

Knagar #5 Posted May 30 2018 - 15:20

Captain

• Players
  • 22183 battles
And just as an FYI. The problem stems from Pref MM tanks. Tanks that are old, useless, and not competitive. The number of pref MM tanks being played overall should be a huge hint.

They need to be changed, changed so people will play and buy them. It makes no sense to take apart an MM system that works, replace it, and do nothing about the old an useless tanks. It also doesn't make sense to fix MM and rework the pref MM tanks to be somewhat balanced against T9s, but not so over powered against T7s.

The solution to all of the problems is to take pref MM away and buff the tanks to be competitive in +2 MM.

This allows tanks to be sold that aren't being sold, to be played that aren't being played, and for MM queue times to get better thanks to the system not having to create special teams just for pref MM tanks.

WG wins by selling tanks, we win by getting tanks worth playing again that have been collecting dust.

The only part I don't agree with is Charing people 2000g to exchange a tank. If you're going from a T6 to a T8, sure, makes sense. T8 TO t8, no cost. T8 TO T6, give us the gold. Aside from that I agree with WG.

Not that any of it matters because we all agreed to WGs terms of service that says they can change what they want, when they want, for whatever reason they want. We either deal with it, or move on. We're not entitled to jack fro  WG.

Duqe #6 Posted May 30 2018 - 15:21

Major

• Players
  • 28056 battles
  • [M-M-E] M-M-E

I can't believe the average peabrain complaining about this change who, let's be honest, wasn't using their premium at all anyway.

The thing they're really mad about is that removing premium matchmaking makes them eligible to return to the premium store, reducing their rarity. They're angry about not being able to be special snowflakes anymore. The same kind of people that filled their diapers over the M6A2E1 going on sale.

RedBaronK #7 Posted May 30 2018 - 15:28

Major

• Players
  • 41347 battles
  • [MAIDS] MAIDS

View PostKnagar, on May 30 2018 - 14:20, said:

And just as an FYI. The problem stems from Pref MM tanks. Tanks that are old, useless, and not competitive. The number of pref MM tanks being played overall should be a huge hint.

They need to be changed, changed so people will play and buy them. It makes no sense to take apart an MM system that works, replace it, and do nothing about the old an useless tanks. It also doesn't make sense to fix MM and rework the pref MM tanks to be somewhat balanced against T9s, but not so over powered against T7s.

The solution to all of the problems is to take pref MM away and buff the tanks to be competitive in +2 MM.

This allows tanks to be sold that aren't being sold, to be played that aren't being played, and for MM queue times to get better thanks to the system not having to create special teams just for pref MM tanks.

WG wins by selling tanks, we win by getting tanks worth playing again that have been collecting dust.

The only part I don't agree with is Charing people 2000g to exchange a tank. If you're going from a T6 to a T8, sure, makes sense. T8 TO t8, no cost. T8 TO T6, give us the gold. Aside from that I agree with WG.

Not that any of it matters because we all agreed to WGs terms of service that says they can change what they want, when they want, for whatever reason they want. We either deal with it, or move on. We're not entitled to jack fro WG.

SerB, is that you my lord? Are you walking through these forums in disguise like Henry V used to do the night before battles?

View PostDuqe, on May 30 2018 - 14:21, said:

I can't believe the average peabrain complaining about this change who, let's be honest, wasn't using their premium at all anyway.

The thing they're really mad about is that removing premium matchmaking makes them eligible to return to the premium store, reducing their rarity. They're angry about not being able to be special snowflakes anymore. The same kind of people that filled their diapers over the M6A2E1 going on sale.

Uh whut? :amazed:

IX_Zann #8 Posted May 30 2018 - 15:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 42446 battles

I play Tier 8 Premiums EVERY day, both vanilla AND PMM Tier 8s. I have NOT experienced any difference in queue times when playing ANY of my TIER 8s.

I HAVE experienced long queue times (approaching 2 minutes AND longer) when waiting with Tiers 3-7 AND Tier 9s in the battle queue. And that almost seems to be the rule, rather than the exception. But those are my experiences, which apparently mean very little.

Scorpiany #9 Posted May 30 2018 - 15:34

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 36872 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostKnagar, on May 30 2018 - 06:20, said:

Not that any of it matters because we all agreed to WGs terms of service that says they can change what they want, when they want, for whatever reason they want. We either deal with it, or move on. We're not entitled to jack fro WG.

Absolutely not. People bought these tanks because they had Pref MM, which used to mean something in the game. WG doesn't need to take apart the MM system at all. In fact, they have an extremely easy solution right in front of them that I think so far only Circon and I have even really focused on.

5/10 MM. That's it. It's that simple. Make 5/10 MM the primary MM scheme that the matchmaking tries to fill up. Tier 8 Prefs are similar to Tier 7.5 tanks, so why not give them MM that limits them to worst off being in 5/10, and perhaps give them a higher chance of being top Tier, than regular tanks?

They won't ruin the experience of the Tier 7 tanks in those matches, because frankly the Tier 8 prefs are easier to fight against than regular Tier 8 tanks, but they're similar enough to Tier 8 tanks where they can still compete with regular Tier 8's and the occasional Tier 9 that they'd face.

Under no circumstances do I want to have my Pref MM tanks stripped of that preferential MM status. I will be an extremely unhappy customer if that happens. They have so many easy ways to fix this problem, but for some reason instead of changing the way they prioritize MM, they want to blame Tier 8 Prefs for the issues. Charging up to 2k Gold for an exchange on top of that is just a slap in the face & insult to injury.

Edited by Scorpiany, May 30 2018 - 16:00.

Cognitive_Dissonance #10 Posted May 30 2018 - 15:44

Major

• Players
  • 40641 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

Long live Kellerman, long live Scorpiany - down with Serb sycophants acting like a echo chamber.

Long time dedicated players are not dumb, pref MM is not the problem. Greed and inability to actually clear the hurdle of "I am a dev, therefore, I understand the game better than anyone . . . after all, I write the code".

Nunya_000 #11 Posted May 30 2018 - 15:51

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostScorpiany, on May 30 2018 - 06:34, said:

Absolutely not. People bought these tanks because they had Pref MM, which used to mean something in the game. WG doesn't need to take apart the MM system at all. In fact, they have an extremely easy solution right in front of them that I think so far only Circon and I have even really focused on.

5/10 MM. That's it. It's that simple. Make 5/10 MM the primary MM scheme that the matchmaking tries to fill up. Tier 8 Prefs are similar to Tier 7.5 tanks, so why not give them MM that limits them to worst off being in 5/10, and perhaps give them a higher chance of being top Tier, than regular tanks?

They won't ruin the experience of the Tier 7 tanks in those matches, because frankly the Tier 8 prefs are easily to fight against than regular Tier 8 tanks, but they're similar enough to Tier 8 tanks where they can still compete with regular Tier 8's and the occasional Tier 9 that they'd face.

Under no circumstances do I want to have my Pref MM tanks stripped of that preferential MM status. I will be an extremely unhappy customer if that happens. They have so many easy ways to fix this problem, but for some reason instead of changing the way they prioritize MM, they want to blame Tier 8 Prefs for the issues. Charging 2k Gold for an exchange on top of that is just a slap in the face & insult to injury.

But if MM went to a +1/-1, then wouldn't it basically remove any advantage preferred MM tanks had anyway...and the tank would still suffer from power-creep?  I mean, if the advantage preferred MM tanks had was that they would only fight in +1/-1 MM battles.....and all tanks are now fighting +1/-1 battles, the end result would be the same.....preferred MM status removed.

Also, they are not charging 2k gold to remove the preferred MM tanks.  The "up to" 2k is for those players that might not like the changes done to the tank they purchased and they want to upgrade to another premium tank.  Nobody needs to pay 2k gold if they like the changes.  I'm for one am going to wait and see what changes are made and see if I actually like the tank before I start screaming that the sky is falling.

SkaerKrow #12 Posted May 30 2018 - 15:52

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 17397 battles
I like how the opponents to this change have facts to back up their point of view, while the WG apologists mostly stick to insults. It’s almost like they have no factual baseline upon which to build an argument. 

Nunya_000 #13 Posted May 30 2018 - 15:57

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostSkaerKrow, on May 30 2018 - 06:52, said:

I like how the opponents to this change have facts to back up their point of view, while the WG apologists mostly stick to insults. It’s almost like they have no factual baseline upon which to build an argument. 

I don't know...it seems like both sides of the issue are spinning the "facts" to fit their own narrative.  One of those "opponents" already misrepresented the "facts" as to why preferred MM tanks were being removed, right here in this thread.  I guess the word "fact" only pertains to what a person wants to hear.

DrWho_ #14 Posted May 30 2018 - 16:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 23990 battles

View PostNunya_000, on May 30 2018 - 15:51, said:

But if MM went to a +1/-1, then wouldn't it basically remove any advantage preferred MM tanks had anyway...and the tank would still suffer from power-creep?  I mean, if the advantage preferred MM tanks had was that they would only fight in +1/-1 MM battles.....and all tanks are now fighting +1/-1 battles, the end result would be the same.....preferred MM status removed.

Also, they are not charging 2k gold to remove the preferred MM tanks.  The "up to" 2k is for those players that might not like the changes done to the tank they purchased and they want to upgrade to another premium tank.  Nobody needs to pay 2k gold if they like the changes.  I'm for one am going to wait and see what changes are made and see if I actually like the tank before I start screaming that the sky is falling.

2 things

1 If they give me a refund they can do whatever they want with my pref MM tanks

2 If they revise the MM to the point where this feature is no longer a point, say going to 5-10, 15-0 and possibly 3-5-7 jin that order with the latter as a last resort because there are too few tanks to fill the battles, I won't care about my pref MM tanks being obsolete

The pref MM tanks exist to allow people to avoid -2, remove that need and I'll be happy even if I then own tanks with obsolete features

Omega_Weapon #15 Posted May 30 2018 - 16:08

Major

• Players
  • 52952 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostNunya_000, on May 30 2018 - 09:51, said:

​Not at all. I own almost all the pref MM tanks and I have no problems with +1/-1 for everyone. Telling me my pref MM tier 8s now have to fight tier 10s is taking something away from me (something I paid real money for). Effectively giving Pref MM to everyone is just sharing the wealth. I personally lose nothing and the game gets better for everyone. Win/win.

Edited by Omega_Weapon, May 30 2018 - 16:16.

Nunya_000 #16 Posted May 30 2018 - 16:16

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostOmega_Weapon, on May 30 2018 - 07:08, said:

​Not at all. I own almost all the pref MM tanks and I have no problems with +1/-1 for everyone. Telling me my pref MM tier 8s have to fight tier 10s is taking something away from me. Effectively giving Pref MM to everyone is just sharing the wealth. I personally lose nothing and the game gets better for everyone. Win/win.

I own almost every preferred MM tank as well and I also would not have a problem with +1/-1 for all.....unless it causes the queue times to double or worse, then I would have a problem with it.

However, I also would not have a problem if my preferred MM tanks were buffed so that they could compete with tanks +2 tiers higher.  With the 3-5-7 format, the most +2 tier tanks I would face in any battle would be 3.  The tank would also be more competitive against +1 tier tanks.  I would gladly give up the preferred MM status if the power-creep was removed....which is what is really the biggest issue with older preferred MM tanks.

DrWho_ #17 Posted May 30 2018 - 16:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 23990 battles

View PostNunya_000, on May 30 2018 - 16:16, said:

I own almost every preferred MM tank as well and I also would not have a problem with +1/-1 for all.....unless it causes the queue times to double or worse, then I would have a problem with it.

However, I also would not have a problem if my preferred MM tanks were buffed so that they could compete with tanks +2 tiers higher.  With the 3-5-7 format, the most +2 tier tanks I would face in any battle would be 3.  The tank would also be more competitive against +1 tier tanks.  I would gladly give up the preferred MM status if the power-creep was removed....which is what is really the biggest issue with older preferred MM tanks.

Perfect then, just add the option for an actual refund to those of us who rather just give them back to WG and we'll all be happy

Blucraft #18 Posted May 30 2018 - 16:20

Captain

• Players
  • 9054 battles

WG has decided Preferential MM is going away (like they've been saying for years now).  This really shouldn't be a surprise, to anyone who's played this game for a while :sceptic:.  It's going to be pretty epic if they give the KV-5 treatment to all the rest.

-Blu

_Gungrave_ #19 Posted May 30 2018 - 16:23

Major

• Players
  • 45486 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View PostDuqe, on May 30 2018 - 15:21, said:

I can't believe the average peabrain complaining about this change who, let's be honest, wasn't using their pref premium at all anyway.

I think you forgot that crucial nugget of info there...fixed it for ya.

CapPhrases #20 Posted May 30 2018 - 16:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 7280 battles

View PostScorpiany, on May 30 2018 - 09:34, said:

They won't ruin the experience of the Tier 7 tanks in those matches, because frankly the Tier 8 prefs are easier to fight against than regular Tier 8 tanks, but they're similar enough to Tier 8 tanks where they can still compete with regular Tier 8's and the occasional Tier 9 that they'd face.

Under no circumstances do I want to have my Pref MM tanks stripped of that preferential MM status. I will be an extremely unhappy customer if that happens. They have so many easy ways to fix this problem, but for some reason instead of changing the way they prioritize MM, they want to blame Tier 8 Prefs for the issues. Charging up to 2k Gold for an exchange on top of that is just a slap in the face & insult to injury.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users