Client Won't Terminate!

3 replies to this topic

Ange1ofD4rknes #1 Posted Jun 01 2018 - 23:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 1802 battles

The title says it all. I have the wgc.exe in my processes, and no matter how many times I try to kill it, it won't budge.

I can't tell you have to create it, I wish I could. All I can tell you is I fired up World of Tanks through it, and World of Warships was in the process of pausing an update (which seemed to never complete). Well my WoT was having issues of its own loading into a Front Lines match (I had to keep killing the game cause the loading just seemed to stop). After the first 2 times, I killed the client as well, and then started up a new one.

While the new one never lingered (I closed and re-opened a 2nd time), the old one is still there. And no matter how many times I try to kill the process, it won't die. All I can think is it's still trying to pause or something that World of Warships update (and I should point out when I first installed it, I had to reset the PC cause it would just stop running updates, and hang).

Even more annoying it's using no CPU, so not sure what's it doing

Process.PNG

GenPanzer #2 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 01:32

Major

• Players
  • 44576 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT
Turn off the setting for the game center to load up on bootup and reboot your system. That should clear the process, at least until you open the game center again. If you don't want the game center, you can uninstall it and run WoT by clicking on the WorldofTanks.exe directly in your game directory. You can even create shortcut to that exe if you want. The issue with this method, is getting updates. I don't know of a work around for that, but until there is one, you can follow my suggestion.

Projectile_Misfired #3 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 02:13

Major

• Players
  • 38440 battles

OP, from your other post, your settings indicate that you're running a Win 7 OS. It's been a while since I've run Win 7, so I can't remember if you'll have the same options. But, when I open the Game Center, a Game Center icon displays on the right-hand side of the task bar.

After I start the game, I right-click on that and exit from there. Don't like the fact that it still uses CPU and over 150k of memory when I'm already in the game or when I "X" out of the Game Center.

Ange1ofD4rknes #4 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 04:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 1802 battles

View PostGenPanzer, on Jun 01 2018 - 17:32, said:

Turn off the setting for the game center to load up on bootup and reboot your system. That should clear the process, at least until you open the game center again. If you don't want the game center, you can uninstall it and run WoT by clicking on the WorldofTanks.exe directly in your game directory. You can even create shortcut to that exe if you want. The issue with this method, is getting updates. I don't know of a work around for that, but until there is one, you can follow my suggestion.

That's what I ended up having to do, logging out and back in (I already have it disabled to start on boot)

View PostPanman69, on Jun 01 2018 - 18:13, said:

OP, from your other post, your settings indicate that you're running a Win 7 OS. It's been a while since I've run Win 7, so I can't remember if you'll have the same options. But, when I open the Game Center, a Game Center icon displays on the right-hand side of the task bar.

After I start the game, I right-click on that and exit from there. Don't like the fact that it still uses CPU and over 150k of memory when I'm already in the game or when I "X" out of the Game Center.

That's what I ended up doing, and it didn't "Close" (the icon disappeared but the process kept running). And yes Win 7

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users