Matilda...

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

death_stryker #21 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 21:23

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4575 battles

I think everyone has already said all that has to be said about the Matilda.

In the end, it comes down to this:

There are good tanks, tanks that you like, and good tanks that you like. 

Try to play tanks in the latter two.

FrozenKemp #22 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 21:40

Major

• Players
  • 47407 battles

View Post3nr0n, on Jun 01 2018 - 21:46, said:

Thank you for your insight, I have just tried to relay my experience when playing that tank and keeping the fast moving light from becoming a swarm that encircled me in that tank helped, every player has a different outlook on things and all advise is welcome especially from a player who  has 3x the number of battles that I do.

Yeah, being swarmed does suck!!   

MissCreant #23 Posted Jun 03 2018 - 00:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 584 battles
  • [LEAFS] LEAFS

View PostSgt__Guffy, on Jun 02 2018 - 21:10, said:

It is best to think of the Matilda as an assassin. Equip it accordingly. I try to get the highest camo rating I can. Hidden, undetected it can be as lethal as any TD. It is good for ambushing and supporting advancing vehicles. It annoys me when you get players with the mentality that you must be up close and personal, brawling. The Matilda is dangerous at distance. The accurate gun can harass an enemy to distraction. It can pin an enemy behind cover to the point it dare not emerge. I have often bluffed a higher tier enemy player that way! The Matilda may be slow, but it can thread it's way through terrain taking out the unwary. Ignore a Matilda at your peril. While you are engaging that vehicle in front of you it could well be the Matilda, unseen, that is the one doing the real damage. 

Guffy.

Thanks for the advice.  Play like a TD hmmmm.  I been waddling to the fight.  Maybe I should try that.  Will have to listen to the jokesters saying "Matilda Move!" but I can handle that.

3nr0n #24 Posted Jun 03 2018 - 01:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17863 battles
  • [K-H] K-H

Hey the lemmings that rush to their death who watch then end game will always be the backseat commander trying to tell you how to play the tank just ignore them do your thing and try and learn from every battle, when you do good you learn what worked and when you goof up and don't do so well then you learn also.

Those that do not learn the game and the tanks they are playing are those that also provide bad advice.

MissCreant #25 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 02:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 584 battles
  • [LEAFS] LEAFS

Update, for those who care...

I have forced myself to play this...thing.  I am getting better at it.  Starting to respect it.  However, it is for lack of better description a guys tank.  Waddle along and slug it out.  Little subtlety, no dancing.  Clanmates have told me I am pretty good with it but it still feels stifling. 

The TD advice is golden, btw.  Improved my performance much.

Edited by MissCreant, Jun 08 2018 - 02:51.

Not_Connery #26 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 11:27

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6891 battles
  • [BTBG] BTBG

View PostMissCreant, on Jun 08 2018 - 02:50, said:

However, it is for lack of better description a guys tank.  Waddle along and slug it out.  Little subtlety, no dancing.

I actually have a better description for you:

INFANTRY tank

That was what the Matilda was classified as (meaning that it was only supposed to advance as quickly as the infantry and support/cover them.

If you want a zippier, dancier tank, try the Cruiser IV or the Covenanter.  They are a LOT quicker and still have punchy guns, but the cost is that a potent burp from an enemy will kill you...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users